PDA

View Full Version : Rewards for Winning Campaigns

bwarri
09-24-2014, 09:32 AM
You think when you win a campaign you have an equal chance of winning each reward, but in reality it is very skewed to you winning the least valuable reward and almost never a truly valuable reward. I have finished Violet Tempest and tried to win the silver key 12X3X Reward and not won the silver key once! Doesn't seem fair. A type of "bait and switch". :mad:

Ldomino
09-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes, I've noticed you have to win multiple times (and by multiple I mean that I've had to win the finals battle as many as 20 times before it will land on that last box so you can get the silver key and master the contract. I've even tried the 3x reward and get the same damn unit 3 times over and over and over. I had so many proletarian tanks at one point it was ridiculous (I'm talking like 20 of them!). I complained about it to Gree. It seems to have gotten slightly better since, but I may have just been lucky.

Obamallama
09-24-2014, 01:55 PM
That is only the case for when silver keys are on the line. All the others are fine

bwarri
09-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Now I've beat it 20 times at 3X reward and still no silver!!!

KillerKumaClone
09-25-2014, 07:39 AM
This goes back to the issue of skewed payouts during the boss battle. I was getting waaaaaaay to much cash.

Just because there are 3 options, it's never implicitly stated that the chances of winning each is 1 in 3. There could indeed be weighting applied to some options.

Tadaaah
09-25-2014, 09:44 AM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-pray-to-rngesus-1.png

KillerKumaClone
09-25-2014, 10:51 AM
<your image>

What? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...

(Not to mention it looks like a community manager just brought something religious into the conversation which would be a major faux pas.)

Edit: Thanks for the explanations. You can see the cause for my confusion though - white cross, "pray", "...esus"

Bloodanguts
09-25-2014, 11:23 AM
What? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...

(Not to mention it looks like a community manager just brought something religious into the conversation which would be a major faux pas.)

Before you start jumping up and down, how about you look it up and its meaning.

garen argon
09-25-2014, 12:52 PM
the silver keys are brutally difficult to get...but have no fear; they are obtainable.

once you know how to defeat the stage; use the 3x (all 30 energy) it will drop...eventually.

Obamallama
09-25-2014, 01:13 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-pray-to-rngesus-1.png

The term rng is random number generator often used to pick random drops. When people grind for rare drop items they must pray for the RNGods favor

bwarri
09-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Sounds like you are saying "random" but when you get 90 chances for 1/3 and win 0 times that is not truly "random" I believe that would be called "weighted" or something like that.

Dunringill
10-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Having to try 20+ times to get the last box is just plain boring and will be the reason I end up quitting the game soon. It's also a waste of time, something that's valuable if you have a life other than a 24/7 Gree game player.

Drkaic
10-07-2014, 06:10 AM
When it comes to keys, super rare, and ultra rare units patience is necessary. While it's frustrating grinding & farming and getting little return players will get the coveted units/keys. I had a streak of garbage units that went almost 3 weeks then got 2 UR units in one day. Like winning a freaking lottery.

Hunter Hespen
10-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I literally have to open 20 or so silver keys before I get a useless rare. It sucks but it keeps people playing longer.

Hunter Hespen
10-07-2014, 11:04 AM
When does the double drop special for SR and UR units run? Does it run for a certain event or does it run when Gree feels like enabling it?

garen argon
10-07-2014, 11:14 AM
@hunter-great question. so far - that event runs when gree feels like running it.

to the OP. Silver keys do drop. during the pvp events...find a campaign you can beat and do the 3x rewards...it may take some time but the silver key WILL drop.

Best of luck

Hunter Hespen
10-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Dang, well I hope they do a Double Drop Special sometime soon, I am to the point I am willing to spend money on this game. I love this game even though it has flaws, but hey, what game/company doesn't?

As far as silver key unit drop rate goes, I feel like different events have different drop rates with silver keys. I might get 5 garbage silver from one event and then the next 5 silver in the following event turn out to be semi-legit. The logistics seem to be similar to mission keys where, even though there are 3 boxes, you have a very slim chance of getting the box with the silver key. It might be paranoia but, I feel like there is more going on behind the scenes than we are let in on. lol

CJCJ
10-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Dang, well I hope they do a Double Drop Special sometime soon, I am to the point I am willing to spend money on this game.

I get frustrated enough when out of 20 silver keys I get 1 Rare unit, I couldn't imagine how I'd be if I spent real $$ on those keys!!

The campaigns that give silver keys are VERY weighted against giving them out. I've triple played 10 times between last night and today and got ONE silver key. Lots (and lots and lots and lots!) of Stymphaliens though!

Hunter Hespen
10-07-2014, 05:18 PM
I get frustrated enough when out of 20 silver keys I get 1 Rare unit, I couldn't imagine how I'd be if I spent real $$ on those keys!!

The campaigns that give silver keys are VERY weighted against giving them out. I've triple played 10 times between last night and today and got ONE silver key. Lots (and lots and lots and lots!) of Stymphaliens though!

LOL the boxes are very frustrating.

The last time I spent $10 I got a SR Janisary and a few other legit units. It is much more satisfying than those dang boxes. :D

Obamallama
10-07-2014, 08:07 PM

Silver keys aren't made to give out many rare units.the description makes it out to sound like the chance for a rare and an uncommon is equal but truly the chance for a rare from silver is the same as the chance for a SR from gold

CJCJ
10-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I know the chances are slim, and then the chance you get a unit to match another unit you already have are ultra-slim. That's what bothers me - I have a dozen SR, UR units that are stuck at 1/20 and useless until I get at least 1 or 2 more.

I like this idea - add SR or UR Officers to the gold chest!

garen argon
10-08-2014, 08:43 AM
getting sr/ur officers would be a game changer. suddenly everyone would have lvl 50 lenins, orontes, commoners revenge etc....

I am a fan of sr/ur officers...just have seen stat inflation ruin other gree games and wouldnt want to see the boss units here get leveraged either.

Ldomino
10-08-2014, 10:23 AM
I thought nearly everyone DOES have level 50 Lenin/Ataturk/Pegasus and lvl 50 Orontes. Or nearly so. About 2/3 of opponents I've been given in pvp this time have had them. Some have more than one. That's kind of a head scratcher. I know some are cheaters, but too many people have them now for that to be the entire explanation.

Obamallama
10-08-2014, 02:21 PM
SR officers would be really good and UR officers would just become game breaking.

Those people you see that have level 50 Orontes and lenins probably have lots of other UR but don't use them because Orontes and lenins require less strategy. They provide the brute force approach as opposed to the campaign mission teams that still stand strong with level 40 R and SR

KillerKumaClone
10-08-2014, 08:12 PM
So sick of people gripping about what other people have.

If you want to complain you don't have one, you're preaching to the choir here. There's plenty of units I would like to lay hands upon too.

But moaning about others having them is so utterly pointless. And accusing them of cheating merely by having those units you lack is even more laughable still.

Enough is enough. Cease and desist. };(

Moving on now... If someone wants to start an "I wish I had a _____" thread, please do. I will contribute. Curb your jealously and contribute into a wish list. Maybe GREE will make (y)our wishes come true in future event rewards.

If I sound a bit foul-tempered... I am currently quite sick with what the clinic doctor insists is a common cold. Funny thing, I've had flu induced bronchial infections not lay me as low as this so called "common" cold is doing... currently it's goal seems to be to turn me inside out by coughing my internals out one at a time. I'm seriously considering writing the folks at Cracker Jack to see about rescinding this doctor's credentials. <Dripping Sarcasm>

steve rb
10-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Sorry man but Im with him, I'm a legit lvl 200+ player and have spent $100s... On keys and gold, there are players my level with (at least...) 4 lvl50 Orontes, that means they'd have to have had AT LEAST 16, I've never had one - it's laughable hacking yet we've reported regularly, they do nothing and still my legit mates with piece of S squads get their accounts held for fraudulent activity regularly.... Lvl 50 players with 3 level 50 primes and 3 level 50 tetsudos? Really...?

I've now played the final of the latest campaign 'Jackdaw Ruse' 42 times in an attempt to 'master' it - still haven't opened the right hand box.... The chance that gree are now loading these with is utter bull****....

I'm coming to the end of my time with this game, gree to remember WHY people play it and spend their real £££....

And while I'm on my soapbox, I've had an account problem now for over a week and still no real forward progress from them...

Ldomino
10-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Okay, first of all I did NOT say that they were all cheating. I said I know SOME are (and Gree TOLD me that, btw. I'm not just making this up because I'm "jealous".), but that this wasn't the case with everyone. I see a level 200 player with good units, I believe they are legit. When I see a level 11 player with 4 level 50 Orontes and 2 level 50 Lenin's Reach, then I think something is rotten in Denmark. Gree holding accounts for high level players with a normal number of SR/UR units is bull. It's not hard to tell who the cheaters are. Check out the jailbreak and hacking software out there. From what I can see, this game is pretty easy to hack if you know how to do stuff like that. And fwiw, I have spent a chunk of change to buy gold bars for gold warchests and I have not ended up with a full deck of level 50 UR's. That's what is so frustrating. Results have been so poor that I refuse to spend another dime on this game. THAT was my point.

KillerKumaClone
10-25-2014, 06:34 AM
I wasn't trying to admonish any one individual. I saw a repeated theme in some of the complaints in this thread and others. I was just getting sick of it and wanted to change the direction of these discussions.