PDA

View Full Version : I can't make sense of the RL

My2cents
09-23-2014, 03:51 AM
I picked 20 people at random in my rival list and news list. I averaged them out and compared to my stats. My IPH is really high so I understand that aberration.

RL Stats average
IPH: $1.9M
ATK: 42.4M
DEF: 44.3 M

My stats
IPH: $43.9M (23x the avg) totaling the 20 RL didn't equal mine.
ATK: 39.2 M (88% of RL DEF)
DEF: 37.9 M (89% of RL ATK)

There really is no incentive for me to hit a rival considering I probably won't win and if I won I wouldn't win much. And if retaliated against I'd lose most of the time. I'm not much for algorithms so I can't see Gree's secret code, but what is everyone else seeing? Am I just really out of whack due to my IPH.

hoene$$
09-23-2014, 04:01 AM
I know its not the answer to your question but with that iph you dont need to rob others right ? and you should have no issues with that prob ;)

APBT
09-23-2014, 04:08 AM
I am in the same boat as you, with a 33.5 mil IPH. Before Gree broke the rivals list, I would hit laundromats of opponents that had an attack so low the could not retaliate, to collect boxes. Now I don't even participate in box events unless they are running alongside an SLTQ. The only time I even go near the RL is to do a refresh, to trigger a boss. I've never seen someone with a IPH even close to mine so I don't bother looking for potential robs any longer.

My2cents
09-23-2014, 04:24 AM
I don't rob because the income isn't justifiable to the risk. However I do get hit often enough and not necessarily from robbing since for the most part I collect on time. People salivate over my unbanked cash and attack; I'm sure they hope I will retaliate. They leave snide comments on my news feed hoping for a reply so they can remember who to look for. I never take the bait and I always remember the name of the game is Crime so I don't take it to heart. I'd just like to understand the rules of the game.

smokey77
09-23-2014, 04:55 AM
I`m not sure whats going on with the RL , when it was changed first I don`t know why it was as it wasn`t a problem for me anyway . This latest effort is the worst yet , I was short a few million for an upgrade of my Tsars Italian Dentist shop and couldn`t even find one decent target all day yesterday . Also after a while of refreshing it kept throwing up entire lists of people of the same level . A little tip I got told when I was younger , if you`re working on something make sure you remember the order in which things go back together . It seems nobody at Gree had such advice :rolleyes:

Habakuk
09-23-2014, 06:03 AM
I have a strange rival list too. With 4 mil IPH, over 50 mil attack and about the same in defense I get rivals with over 80 mil defense. 3 out of 5 rivals I can neither attack nor rob. And it seems the ones I could rob are already collected (or robbed empty). Rival list is useless that way. The original level based match up made sense, the stats based after that too. This is useless.

Max Power
09-23-2014, 06:09 AM
I have a camper in my iPad that has no 3G, and it has been getting pounded the last month. I used to go months without getting hit, now it is multiple times in an afternoon. Since all I do is collect and build (hard to collect on time with that kind of device) I have let the account go dormant. There is kinda no point to it at this point.

FlyMeMoon
09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
I know its not the answer to your question but with that iph you dont need to rob others right ? and you should have no issues with that prob ;)

Even people with higher incomes are chasing money and have upgrades to do. Someone may have a lower income but if all their buildings come up it can be a very nice boost. Even the fireworks whateveritscalled is worth a tap or two. Why not?

There are 2 high IPH camps here. Those that don't rob because they don't want to give someone a link. The other group which is much smaller imo get robbed consistently, think f it and rob back. I was in the first camp until a few months ago. It's a part of the game that I now enjoy like in the old days! :-)

Rickdee
09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Even people with higher incomes are chasing money and have upgrades to do. Someone may have a lower income but if all their buildings come up it can be a very nice boost. Even the fireworks whateveritscalled is worth a tap or two. Why not?

There are 2 high IPH camps here. Those that don't rob because they don't want to give someone a link. The other group which is much smaller imo get robbed consistently, think f it and rob back. I was in the first camp until a few months ago. It's a part of the game that I now enjoy like in the old days! :-)

The problem with this theory is 9 out of 10 times they aren't even worth a rob back.. I am in the first IPH camp but gave up caring about being robbed bc it doesnt stop. My timeline is red constantly.

Jeronimo
09-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Post deleted

FlyMeMoon
09-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Couse not Rickdee but there are a few out there. Im about $40m now, anything around/above $14m is worth a peak.

There's probably another camp tho for the elite iph lot who dont need to rob as they're swimming in it and probably couldnt care less. They can of course tell us.

Green Drake
09-23-2014, 01:07 PM
The problem with this theory is 9 out of 10 times they aren't even worth a rob back.. I am in the first IPH camp but gave up caring about being robbed bc it doesnt stop. My timeline is red constantly.
There are very few people not worth a rob back. Almost everyone has at least one or two high $$$ buildings. You just have to either collect your buildings or not care if you get hit back.

Dipstik
09-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Real life can be complicated. That's why we play fantasy games.

My2cents
09-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Real life can be complicated. That's why we play fantasy games.

Dang!! Dipstik is right again.

Beamer 420
09-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Yall making me feel like a poor corndog, I "only" make $17 million IPH. Someone posted the other day that over $20 is in the top 1%. Someone I doubt that stat is correct.

asterisks
09-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Does anyone know how someone is able to find me day after day?
I've got a quite high IPH (20M+) and a quite low level. I have 1000+ mafia members. I never attack anyone and I never rob anyone. But there is a guy who manages to find me day after day and he seems to play every (...) second of high life, cause he robs all my places. It's getting annoying and I want to know how to get rid of him.

This is common, your rival keeps refreshing the RL until he finds you and rob you again. The cycle repeats.

Nothing much you can do about it, unless you don't play.

You can choose not to collect the robbed building so he can't rob you.
Else, just concentrate on those buildings where you are able to collect on time (example: 24hour, 48hour etc.) so robber will miss them even when they come to your hood.

Morgz
09-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Gree pretty much killed the PVP aspect of the game for me. My iph and stats are low, so I don't even play in the same circle as most on this thread. However, now on the RL, I have ppl that are twice my stats, that I cannot touch (that's fine -- I stay away from them), and then ppl that are half my stats, that have nothing to rob. There is no point in even wasting my energy on it any more. Pointless.

Jeronimo
09-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Post deleted

Max Power
09-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Ah, okay. Yeah, without getting robbed I am able to earn up to $410M a day, so when I get robbed it's not a real big issue because I will still earn enough but it is annoying ya know. I'm going to look for cycles and try to manage it so it is perfect according to my playingstyle and real life time table.

If he keeps robbing me for a over a month, I might considering stopping for a week just to get rid of him but I'm not addicted to virtual pixels so I'll not give a lot of f(...)s. Even when I changed my name he managed to find me within a few hours lol. He also seems to play every hour; sometimes I don't understand what kind of limited life some people have lol, but okay... it's their choice ;)

Thanks for the info!

I get guys like this a lot too. I don't mind getting robbed as much as I mind getting robbed every two hours by the same person who clearly has nothing else going on in their lives. It's the nature of the beast. Best thing you can do is concentrate on easy schedules like 12/24 and use a timer app to remind you when to collect.

asterisks
09-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Ah, okay. Yeah, without getting robbed I am able to earn up to $410M a day, so when I get robbed it's not a real big issue because I will still earn enough but it is annoying ya know. I'm going to look for cycles and try to manage it so it is perfect according to my playingstyle and real life time table.

If he keeps robbing me for a over a month, I might considering stopping for a week just to get rid of him but I'm not addicted to virtual pixels so I'll not give a lot of f(...)s. Even when I changed my name he managed to find me within a few hours lol. He also seems to play every hour; sometimes I don't understand what kind of limited life some people have lol, but okay... it's their choice ;)

Thanks for the info!

no problemo. You said you were low level? which level are you now? (I am L110+ with 20m+ IPH).

I only collect from my 12/24/48h LTBs and leave the other odd-hour LTBs in robbed status.
But I still collect from my L10 NCs; well the NCs do get robbed sometimes when I sleep but they pay well.

smokey77
09-25-2014, 01:20 AM
The only time i get annoyed about being robbed is when that happens . IMO its just lazy hitting the same people over and over again , why not spend your time upgrading your IPH rather than robbing the same people who have worked hard on theirs , but there`s leeches in real life and there`s leeches in this game !! Like asterisks i only usually collect buildings that suit me(usually 12 hour increments) and just don`t worry about the rest . What is nice to see , but rare , is when you get robbed by another player obviously trying to trigger a boss and they only hit your laundromats or hotdog booths even when you have high value buildings ready to collect . Then again I`ve done that a few times and you get some idiot on your wall calling you a cheapskate for robbing their laundromat , obviously not realising you were actually doing them a favour :rolleyes:

huff-n-puff
09-25-2014, 05:04 AM
I'm at $16.3m IPH and I rob like mad. It's how I've been able to get my IPH so high in such a short time. I try to remember names and levels. The new rivals list has slowed me down as I have to scout again but I'll find my marks and rob them relentlessly. This is what I enjoy most about this game, the robbing. I also screenshot high IPH players and share with my syndicate on our messaging app.

smokey77
09-25-2014, 05:32 AM
LOL @ posting screenshots , taking the leeching to a whole new level , congratulations :rolleyes:

Jeronimo
09-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Post deleted

kimberleyj
09-25-2014, 07:24 AM
My RL has alot of low iph players (alot of the players have half of my iph) . I liked the other RL at least the was people that had similar iph and stats as my self ( but they changed it because people was moaning) . I think this new list only benfits people with low iph.

huff-n-puff
09-25-2014, 07:47 AM
LOL @ posting screenshots , taking the leeching to a whole new level , congratulations :rolleyes:

We've all benefitted from this. More money=more bonuses=stronger syndicate.

For those crying about being robbed, please just be active and collect your buildings. If you collect them, we can not rob them.

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 08:57 AM
We've all benefitted from this. More money=more bonuses=stronger syndicate.

For those crying about being robbed, please just be active and collect your buildings. If you collect them, we can not rob them.
Huff you may as we'll beat your head against the wall. The IPHers are the purist players in this game. Anyone that does not subscribe to their method of play is a leech. They will never accept that frequent robbing can actually be a fun aspect of the game. These are the same guys I assume take a knee in the 4th quarter of Madden because they really believe there is no reason to run up the score.

smokey77
09-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Huff you may as we'll beat your head against the wall. The IPHers are the purist players in this game. Anyone that does not subscribe to their method of play is a leech. They will never accept that frequent robbing can actually be a fun aspect of the game. These are the same guys I assume take a knee in the 4th quarter of Madden because they really believe there is no reason to run up the score.

LOL. Maybe frequent robbing is fun for you,but I don't see how continually targeting the same person and posting screenshots so others can continually target the same person is fun, each to their own I guess. Just seems lazy to me.

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 09:51 AM
LOL. Maybe frequent robbing is fun for you,but I don't see how continually targeting the same person and posting screenshots so others can continually target the same person is fun, each to their own I guess. Just seems lazy to me.
This coming from somebody who actually equates building iph in a video game as hard work. Raising iph is the easiest portion of this game.

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 09:59 AM
You are a leech, drake. If you don't understand the metaphor, I guess that's your problem. Fact is, you manage to catch my 12s and think you hit my lottery, and that's only 40% of what I collect twice a day.

You mad, brah?

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 10:09 AM
I have seen your hood. Believe me if I catch you hitting the lottery is the last thing I think of. Not mad at all. Find this conversation amusing that people actually care when they get robbed.

crime cow
09-25-2014, 10:09 AM
LOL. Just seems lazy to me.

Agreed. I only tend to do the physically demanding tasks in this game...

smokey77
09-25-2014, 10:10 AM
This coming from somebody who actually equates building iph in a video game as hard work. Raising iph is the easiest portion of this game.

I didn`t say its hard work , i said people have worked hard at building it . You can work hard at things that are easy , like what you and your fellow leeches do . You work hard at taking the easy option . Look , you seem to have taken offense at the leech handle , how about parasite ?

smokey77
09-25-2014, 10:13 AM
I have seen your hood. Believe me if I catch you hitting the lottery is the last thing I think of. Not mad at all. Find this conversation amusing that people actually care when they get robbed.

I find it amusing that you are completely missing the point . I said above i don`t mind the odd robbing , relentlessly robbing the same person and then posting screenshots so other people can relentlessly rob said person are completely different to occasionally robbing people .

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Leech by definition is actually more fitting. Parasite implies that I need to rob although the argument could be made that they are synonyms. My iph is higher than 90% of my rivals list so I actually have no need to rob. I just have fun playing the game the way I like.

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 10:15 AM
I have seen your hood. Believe me if I catch you hitting the lottery is the last thing I think of.

Right... First comes "Awe," then "arousal," and finally "OMG I hit the lottery!"

smokey77
09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Leech by definition is actually more fitting. Parasite implies that I need to rob although the argument could be made that they are synonyms. My iph is higher than 90% of my rivals list so I actually have no need to rob. I just have fun playing the game the way I like.

Leech it is then :D Surely you could have more fun robbing a wider variety of people , i just don`t see the attraction in constantly pounding the same target .

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Right... First comes "Awe," then "arousal," and finally "OMG I hit the lottery!"
Kudos. That was actually funny. Inaccurate but funny none the less.

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Leech it is then :D Surely you could have more fun robbing a wider variety of people , i just don`t see the attraction in constantly pounding the same target .

Never once have I said I only target one person. I rob anyone that shows on my rival list.

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I only bother looking when I'm trying to trigger a boss. The more money you make on your own the less productive it is scouring the rivals list hoping to catch someone's 16 hour LTBs up and score 30 million or so.

Didpetercall
09-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Ever since the rivals list broke down for the hour or so that it did my RL has been different as well. I used to have no problem finding an array of targets. Now it takes forever and loads of searching to find somebody with a decent IPH. And for some reason I mostly get matches up against players who have way higher stats than me now. My stats are good at 136mil attack/96mil defense but I get matched against players in the 200mil+ attack/defense now so when I do find a target I generally can't rob them anyways! It is getting very frustrating. Gree.....

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 01:59 PM
They should just open up the rival list universally. Then no one would be able to complain about whatever algorithm Gree is using to form the rivals list. No one would be able to repeatedly find the same person to attack every hour. Don't like getting smacked by level 250s with 300m stats? Level up, sally! Seems like a win-win.

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 02:34 PM
I actually always thought a better, more fair system would be a own building +1 concept. Meaning that in order to rob a level 10 nightclub you would have to have at least a level 9 night club in your own hood. Not sure how feasible the idea is but it would force people that wanted to rob to also build their own hoods in order to get good targets. I would think higher level iph guys would also like this. Cut down on robs while at same time giving them viable targets if they wish to retaliate.

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Doesn't make sense from a flavor perspective (OK who cares?) and it would be even more frustrating for new players who don't have all the old LTBs.

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes they would have to reintroduce the old ltb back into the store without mods but I feel this should be done regardless.

Dipstik
09-25-2014, 02:40 PM
never Never NEVER!!!!

Green Drake
09-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Why? What is downside?

Jeronimo
09-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Why? What is downside?

The whole idea is that the buildings are limited. Reintroducing doesn't make sense.

My2cents
09-26-2014, 05:33 AM
I'll take a reintroduction of old buildings so long as I can build the new ones while keeping the old.

My2cents
09-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Updated...3 days later. I intentionally did not want to raise my Atk/def that fast to see the difference. I know 20 people isn't much for statistical measurements, but the results are astounding.

RL Stats average
IPH: $566,000. Decrease dramatically
ATK: 50.7M. Increase 19%
DEF: 51.2 M. Increase 15%

My stats
IPH: $48.4M increased 8% (84x the avg)
ATK: 40.8 M up 4%(79% of RL DEF 9% decrease. )
DEF: 39.9 M up2.6% (77% of RL ATK 12% decrease. )

As my IPH went up a great deal my other stats raised 25-50% the pace of IPH. I wonder if just being rich alone makes you more susceptible.

sister morphine
09-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Just out of curiosity I tried your random 20 rivals from the list thing....

RL Stats Average

IPH: $14.6m
ATK: 127.3m
DEF: 94m

My Stats (level 209)

IPH: $22.7
ATK: 117m
DEF: 72m

Stats (especially defence) suffer from taking six months out of syndicates last year but even so there were 4 players with attacks below my D, and one marginal. I could beat all but five of the rivals in an attack (of which 2 were marginal).

My iph isn't outstanding but even so only three players had higher than mine. What was interesting was the two highest attack randoms (both over 200m ATK) had poor iph - just over and just under 2/3rds the average.

jmeijer
09-26-2014, 10:32 AM
I think that this guy did the same. I have been able to camp for a whole year without getting robbed or attacked once, but then this guy robbed me once and the day after I was robbed by 5 different people also... when I changed my name I got rid of them, but the guy who started it manages to find me any time. On the one hand it is annoying, but on the other hand I feel good too: I still make a lot of money and I'm able to upgrade my buildings AND I help him getting a lot of money too :p

Life is about sharing and caring. I hope one day he will think about me too... and stop robbing me ;DSo you are CIA, now Jeroen, level 32. It's ok. I won't rob you every time. Only when I can find you.