PDA

View Full Version : Question for a game transfer expert

Theblacklamp
09-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I'll try to explain the best I can.
I am trading in my 16gb Iphone tomorrow for new Iphone. My son wants me to swap my 16gb phone for his 8gb phone before I get my new phone. We both have modern war on our phones. Can I back up both devices on a PC and then apply his back up to my old device and then my back up to his device that way I have my game when I get new device in order to transfer it to new iphone?

or

Do all I need is a funzio ID? Can I simply download modern war onto new iphone 6 and select transfer game and new device and then enter in Funzio ID?

Kefa
09-18-2014, 12:07 PM
You need to start with one empty device. Transfer one acct to the empty device first, then transfer the other acct to the device you just transferred away from. This is only valid for iOS to iOS transfers.

So, at the store on wifi, transfer your 16gb acct to your new device, then transfer the 8gb acct to the 16gb device before they wipe the 8gb phone. Hopefully the clerks don't mind.

They both need fuzzio ID's, and this can work without the clerk waiting, but for safety I'd ask them to wait. On both the old devices, go into the fuzzio Id page and hit transfer and "old device". Then on the new phone, install MW and do the tutorial, then go into the fuzzio id page, hit transfer and "new device", then enter the details for the acct you want on that phone. Then go into the 16gb phone and do the same thing - transfer, new device, enter details of the 8gb acct. that should do it.

Other option would be to not do a trade in with the 8gb phone. Keep it till the transfers are done, then sell it, same process.

Before you do anything, go into help and hit contact support and type a note, but when it gets to the email page change the "to:" field to yourself so it sends the email to you instead of to gree suppt. This will give you a document with all your acct details in case anything goes wrong and you need to contact gree to recover your acct.

SIR J
09-19-2014, 01:39 AM
You need to start with one empty device. Transfer one acct to the empty device first, then transfer the other acct to the device you just transferred away from. This is only valid for iOS to iOS transfers.

So, at the store on wifi, transfer your 16gb acct to your new device, then transfer the 8gb acct to the 16gb device before they wipe the 8gb phone. Hopefully the clerks don't mind.

They both need fuzzio ID's, and this can work without the clerk waiting, but for safety I'd ask them to wait. On both the old devices, go into the fuzzio Id page and hit transfer and "old device". Then on the new phone, install MW and do the tutorial, then go into the fuzzio id page, hit transfer and "new device", then enter the details for the acct you want on that phone. Then go into the 16gb phone and do the same thing - transfer, new device, enter details of the 8gb acct. that should do it.

Other option would be to not do a trade in with the 8gb phone. Keep it till the transfers are done, then sell it, same process.

Before you do anything, go into help and hit contact support and type a note, but when it gets to the email page change the "to:" field to yourself so it sends the email to you instead of to gree suppt. This will give you a document with all your acct details in case anything goes wrong and you need to contact gree to recover your acct.

You did not find an easier way lol

Kefa
09-19-2014, 07:28 AM
You did not find an easier way lol

That was helpful and insightful. Tell him the easier way.

RetiredAndHappy
09-19-2014, 07:35 AM
I believe you can do it without an empty device.. Risky thou..
Create funzioid A one device 1 and say old device..
Create funzioid B on device 2 and say old device..
Go back to device A. Uninstall, reinstall and setup funzioid B this time and say new device.. (first transfer done)
Go back to device B. Uninstall, reinstall and setup funzioid A this time and say new device.. (second transfer done)

dixon
09-19-2014, 04:57 PM
I believe you can do it without an empty device.. Risky thou..
Create funzioid A one device 1 and say old device..
Create funzioid B on device 2 and say old device..
Go back to device A. Uninstall, reinstall and setup funzioid B this time and say new device.. (first transfer done)
Go back to device B. Uninstall, reinstall and setup funzioid A this time and say new device.. (second transfer done)

That wont work and will transfer only one account to and fro.

Theblacklamp
09-19-2014, 10:58 PM

Thanks for your time. I made the clerk wait until my game was transferred.

jrb22250
09-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Will restore from ICloud work?

Kefa
09-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Will restore from ICloud work?

No, the MW character acct is tied to the device ID - so doing a restore will install MW, but it will be a brand new character.

To the OP, glad it worked out!!