PDA

View Full Version : GREE replys about Temp awards / boosts - All in one spot

jrb22250
09-17-2014, 08:19 AM
The bonuses only work for the WD cycle listed in the [?]. :D

These are for the current WD cycle.

I am working with the Developers on getting you an answer for many of your questions. In the meantime, can you please clarify what you mean by the bonuses aren't working? Please provide as many details as possible!

I have a some more clarification regarding the boosts.

1. The bonuses will not show in your profile, this is expected, but they are being applied.

2. In regards to how the bonuses work, please read the following explanation:

There are two categories of boost effect, and the two categories have a different formula for how multiple sources of the same bonus are applied. The first category of boosts are the ones that raise a number. An example would be the boost that gives a flat bonus to defense buildings (it raises your defense from buildings). Multiple sources of these boosts are additive. For those faction bonuses, you will see a progression of 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%.

The second category of boosts are those that lower a number. An example of this category would be casualty rate reduction (it lowers the casualty rate). These boosts are multiplicative. Multiplicative bonuses are determined by subtracting the bonus from 1. So a 5% bonus is .95 (1- .05), and multiplicative bonuses are multiplied together. This type of mechanic is common to games in general, usually relating to things that cannot logically go above 100%. A common example would be an evasion mechanic of some sort; you can't evade 150% of anything.

Here's a concrete example directly from one of the Developers:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Although the examples given above reference the faction boosts, this also applies to personal boosts from units or buildings that display on the profile.

I spoke more with the Developers, and we were able to replicate the issue. My most sincere apologies for the confusion and miscommunication (I am still learning this game). A fix is being worked on for the temporary bonuses to last the entire WD cycle versus just for the WD event. As soon as the fix is released, we will update you. Please note that this fix may take some time to implement so we appreciate your patience.

Additionally, temporary bonuses show on the profile in the total sum and you can see them in the [View Bonuses] tab on your profile.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4819225600/h6B099505/

There were multiple parts to the issue that we needed to look into and determine the cause of each. This takes a little bit of time. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

And here's the response support gave me :
Thank you for contacting GREE Support.

I apologize for any confusion which may have been experienced during our current event.

The temporary boosts acquired during the WD Jamaica event are not visible on the Profile page. For technical reasons, this type of boost cannot be included with the permanent boosts. Please be assured that the boosts are being applied while during the event.

Certain types of boost, generally those that make something smaller, fewer or shorter(i.e. "fewer casualties", "shorter upgrade times", "less time till your health refills") have diminishing returns when there are multiple sources of that boost on your account or faction. What that means is, each new source of that boost that you add is slightly less effective. So for instance if you have a 5% health regen boost effect and then another 5% health regen boost is added, you would see a total boost effect of 9%.

This is intentional, because these boosts cannot logically go below zero. It's impossible to have faster-than-instant upgrade times, for instance. Or to have a casualty rate modifier so low that you actually get units back. So for these boost types, we have the diminishing returns effect stated as above. New sources of the boost will still add to your total and progress you, though.

Here's an example of how health regeneration boosts are calculated:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Although the examples given above reference the faction boosts, this also applies to personal boosts from units or buildings that display on the profile.

Health regeneration without boosts for these event types is as follows:

Epic Boss - 25 minutes
Raid Boss - 100 minutes
World Domination - 60 minutes

Please let me know if you have any further questions about health regeneration boosts! :)

This is what I have found in other threads....trying to get it all in one spot.

You can also follow the links to Dev/Mods to see what post they are posting in..

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513981

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513985

pick_sax
09-17-2014, 09:56 AM
great attempt to consolidate! nice work jrb!

it would be nice if gree would publish this information proactively when they change the game, or the way things work.

explaining thing, with the explanation by GREE in the first place would go a long way to building trust. but alas...

El Wonka
09-17-2014, 10:38 AM
This "Temporary" award system might be one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen Gree do... I mean seriously....Find the person with this idea..kick the chair out from under em....and show them to the door immediately.

J1mcrane
09-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Since when were we informed of a tempory boost system? I've never heard mention of it before! I need to know how this works and what it's applied to!

J1mcrane
09-17-2014, 10:57 AM
I get it now!! The penny has dropped lol. So those bonuses in the globe are only temporary! Seems like a good idea to me!

EZfodder
09-17-2014, 11:20 AM
It would be ok if it was clear how and if it work

crazeejay
09-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Save your 1200 gold also and do not buy those 4 Shipment Locaters that will give you +1 energy regen. Those are also temporary. Someone in our faction found that out personally.

valient
09-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Selling temporary boosts while hiding the fact from the buyer that the boosts are not permanent constitutes FRAUD. I for one don't want it fixed, I want my money back.

Tadaaah
09-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey OP,

Thanks for putting everything in one place. We'll start to direct people to this thread if any further questions come up. Yes, this means we may lock some threads and redirect here. This is purely for consolidating the information. We will still read through those other threads.

On to the update: The teams are rapidly working on a fix and deploying that into the game ASAP. Once we have a time for that or it goes out, we will let everyone know.

Three points we'd like to emphasize about these bonuses and changes made this cycle:
1. Mission Plan is located in the WD globe and separates events into individual and faction events.
2. Events in the WD cycle may have a collection mechanic to work towards a bonus available *only* during that WD cycle.
3. Players can earn these collection items by playing the events and/or may have the ability to purchase them in the store.

Kefa
09-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Hey OP,

Thanks for putting everything in one place. We'll start to direct people to this thread if any further questions come up. Yes, this means we may lock some threads and redirect here. This is purely for consolidating the information. We will still read through those other threads.

On to the update: The teams are rapidly working on a fix and deploying that into the game ASAP. Once we have a time for that or it goes out, we will let everyone know.

Three points we'd like to emphasize about these bonuses and changes made this cycle:
1. Mission Plan is located in the WD globe and separates events into individual and faction events.
2. Events in the WD cycle may have a collection mechanic to work towards a bonus available *only* during that WD cycle.
3. Players can earn these collection items by playing the events and/or may have the ability to purchase them in the store.

This information needs to be placed inside the game somehow so that people know exactly what they are buying before they buy it. Allot of people will be very upset if they spend $200 expecting to get a bonus that works the same as every bonus in the game ever has only to find out that it disappears in 10 days.

MoD
09-17-2014, 12:19 PM
OP: Thanks for putting it together!

GREE/Tadaaah: I appreciate that you try to clarify it and not let us alone in the dark.

Another Question: It says in the globe at the faction section that even the WD rewards are just valid through the current cycle. So we get bonuses at the end of the event that expire at the end of the event? I know that can't be and wasn't intended like that, but still it says so.

So imo a good fix would be to take the [?] popup screen, as it is already existing, and putting the clarifying information for each event and the prizes in there.

destroyer ita
09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
The [?] button doesn't exists in android,also i was so suprised it was a temporany boost such a bad idea btw,Hope that gree would make it perm as a sorry since he didn't tell us that it was temp

qwertyguy
09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
But some people aren't getting these deliberately because they are temp. Making them permanent would not be fair to them either.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks OP! Great thread!

About Temp Boosts, I don't like them. Confusing.

About posting more info in game... If somebody spends money on this app, I'd hope they would be smart enough to read the forum for info. Just saying.

qwertyguy
09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
The only viable solution in my mind is to give everyone these prizes permanently, including those that didn't get it. But those that didn't get it...they don't get these until after WD is over.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2014, 12:38 PM
This has happened in KA & CC a few times: Rewards get changed or rewarded after or during goals. Some did the goal, complained, got the reward changed, and then others complained that they would have done the goal if they had known, etc...

It is typical for GREE to change things. Used to it. Some benefit, others are SOL.

Kefa
09-17-2014, 01:12 PM
About posting more info in game... If somebody spends money on this app, I'd hope they would be smart enough to read the forum for info. Just saying.

I have a car I'd like to sell you. I'll disclose all the details about the car after you give me the money and transfer the title. If you'd like more information before the transaction, I hope you'd be smart enough to do an internet search using the car's vin number to see what you can find out about this particular car before you give me any money, but that probably won't yield much in the way of clear information either. This is standard in buying and selling things, so get used to it. Just saying.

Tadaaah
09-17-2014, 01:24 PM
OP: Thanks for putting it together!

GREE/Tadaaah: I appreciate that you try to clarify it and not let us alone in the dark.

Another Question: It says in the globe at the faction section that even the WD rewards are just valid through the current cycle. So we get bonuses at the end of the event that expire at the end of the event? I know that can't be and wasn't intended like that, but still it says so.

So imo a good fix would be to take the [?] popup screen, as it is already existing, and putting the clarifying information for each event and the prizes in there.

The Mission Plan goes away during WD; there are no Mission Plan bonuses given during the WD event itself. Let us know if that answers what you were asking.

Stmac
09-17-2014, 01:26 PM
There is no info button on android. This is a ridiculous idea and if this the way the game is going I'll spend my money elsewhere. Thanks but no thanks.

SirOMalley XHH
09-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Agree with Kefe. This information is pertinent to the game and should be placed there and explained AHEAD of time.

Gree we know your purpose is to maximize ROI aka gold spend. When people don't know what they're buying they are far less likely to buy it. Alternatively if you trick them into buying it once, and don't refund them when you misrepresent it (which lets face it. Y'all don't refund anything anymore, that's why most of us choose to go thru Apple) then they will be less likely to spend any/more money with you all moving forward.

If you do what's right you help build the goodwill that gets you what you want. When you act in a transactional fashion this won't happen.

cdun13
09-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Tadaah your answers tell us nothing. We know you have to do the events to get the prizes. We also know the mission plan is in the command center. What we don't know is why these bonuses have not been applied yet and also why in the world is the energy regen temporary? I'm guessing it is since the question has been avoided. Also why were we not told about this before the event started? Many people would not have wasted gold on the "boosts" had we known they were temporary. How will this be fixed? Pleaseeee answer these questions. Thanks

mreilly
09-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Why are people still crying. If you bought the in game stuff without knowing it was temporary get a refund. The bonuses are super easy to achieve for free so why complain about a small advantage everyone gets for next to no effort?

cdun13
09-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Didn't know they gave refunds for misguiding information

Richard79
09-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Temp or not they still need to WORK!!!!! which they DO NOT. Gree pull your finger out your arse and sort this

GrimAmoeba
09-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Didn't know they gave refunds for misguiding information

You have a lot to learn my friend. Received 6 months worth of all refunds for gold purchases from Itunes. I spend very little gold but still got it all back due to misleading information in the game. Its easy and Itunes usually never declines

Vile Lynn
09-17-2014, 01:57 PM
I have a car I'd like to sell you. I'll disclose all the details about the car after you give me the money and transfer the title. If you'd like more information before the transaction, I hope you'd be smart enough to do an internet search using the car's vin number to see what you can find out about this particular car before you give me any money, but that probably won't yield much in the way of clear information either. This is standard in buying and selling things, so get used to it. Just saying.

lol, you took that waaaaay too far.

FWIW, the only good info comes from the players who post here. Many thanks to them!
In game info is always too general and generic.

MoD
09-17-2014, 02:01 PM
The Mission Plan goes away during WD; there are no Mission Plan bonuses given during the WD event itself. Let us know if that answers what you were asking.

Yes, it does, thank you. I understand that the prizes given out during wd with boosts on will stick and not be limited.

786TRYX
09-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Excuses. Always excuses. Same old story gree...
Knowing some d*** d*****s that are more honest...

Kefa
09-17-2014, 02:21 PM
lol, you took that waaaaay too far.

FWIW, the only good info comes from the players who post here. Many thanks to them!
In game info is always too general and generic.

Most of the player base in this game is awesome!! Fact is, though, the vast majority of players don't even know there is a forum or how to find it, so looking here for info from other players about products offered for sale in game for real money just isn't sufficient. It's the responsibility of a seller to adequately represent that which he/she is selling prior to a transaction, and failing to do so places some legal obligations upon him/her.

That said, I'm not crying about it. If I bought something and it doesn't work, I'd just go to the person I handed the money to and ask for it back. When handled correctly, that's usually not a problem.

itsallgoingsouth
09-17-2014, 02:26 PM
This is what I have found in other threads....trying to get it all in one spot.

You can also follow the links to Dev/Mods to see what post they are posting in..

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513981

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513985

Although this for sure helps some, I don't get why people keep doing the job for the slackers at GREE.

Just let the game collapse as they deserve.

YankeePhil
09-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey OP,

What about the people that wasted over 3600 gold to get the maps/talisman because they were under the impression the boosts were permanent? Where the reward says -5% health regen there should be something like ths "** boost only applies for duration of Jamaica cycle/WD" With this false advertising and not clarifying to consumers what they were purchasing, everyone who spent gold should be refunded or ALL boosts made permanent. And I recommend everyone who was wronged by this event to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Apple/Google to get the refund you deserve. You can reference 15 US Code Chapter 2 Subchapter 1 Sections 52 - 55 (False Advertising through deceptive business practices)

Rparker1979
09-17-2014, 02:36 PM

Hey guys, my main ? Is (does the +1 in the crate event go away after wd and if so is it even working currently?) Thanks for someone who has definitive answer. Not guess.

Tadaaah
09-17-2014, 04:30 PM
The hotfix to make sure the bonuses work for their intended duration has been deployed. Thank you all for your patience and apologies for the frustration.

The Judy
09-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Tadaaah - answer the question that has been asked multiple times. Is the +1 energy permanent or temporary. The ? Shows temporary for every single event this cycle. Confirm which events are temporary and which are permanent. It's a pretty simple question.

Tadaaah
09-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Tadaaah - answer the question that has been asked multiple times. Is the +1 energy permanent or temporary. The ? Shows temporary for every single event this cycle. Confirm which events are temporary and which are permanent. It's a pretty simple question.

Apologies, as the explanation was not clear enough, this is a TEMPORARY bonus. When you click the [?], it will display that the bonuses are for the duration of the WD cycle. We hope to have these separated on your profile in the future. Does that clear up the confusion?

solowalker
09-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Apologies, as the explanation was not clear enough, this is a TEMPORARY bonus. When you click the [?], it will display that the bonuses are for the duration of the WD cycle. We hope to have these separated on your profile in the future. Does that clear up the confusion?

Should we just assume anything with the word "BOOST" in its name is temporary?

On android, we see no [?] question mark that you speak of. when will android get that useful little icon?

Turkey Bacon
09-17-2014, 04:54 PM

Any chance you guys can make this perm. this one time since it wasn't explained as such before the event went live and people wasted real money to get what they thought was a great boost for the price?

edit: and don't you think it would be in gree's best interest to do so before people put in for refunds from apple and google? I foresee an influx of those again.

Mr llama
09-17-2014, 04:56 PM
The -5 health regen Boost shows up now as -3% on mine and -4% on others

Tadaaah
09-17-2014, 04:57 PM
So anything on this screen/popup:

http://content.screencast.com/users/nerdstock/folders/Jing/media/52b1a835-0929-489d-b24e-bc83829056d9/00000352.png

TEMPORARY

Anything not, should be listed somewhere else if temporary (as done in the past).

Cobra Kai
09-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Can you confirm that the prizes for upcoming FL will all be temporary as well? Not just the 10% health regen. I get that. Now.

But will there be units for faction and individual as in all previous FL events? Will those all be temporary as well?

East Coast Bias
09-17-2014, 05:39 PM
again mods, this is a communication issue which you continue to do poorly. you don't post WD results in a timely manner, you fail to explain major changes to the game to players, and you continue to selectively respond to posts. in the real world, the phrase "i don't know but i will look into it and get back to you" is the honest answer you give to anyone. i've found that people respect you more for doing this. so if you don't know if the FL rewards are really going to be permanent (given that you've chosen to ignore the question), then say that you'll ask the devs and get back to us. it's a 5 second response that breeds goodwill. i find that some basic communication skills are lacking that you typically find in the corporate world - yes, we all aren't high school teens who live with our parents.

now to some grumblings i read. i find no issue with these boosts being temporary (your fault for not explaining, but the concept is ok). naturally, if you do this every event, its like making it permanent, so for you to decide whether you switch it up by perhaps giving out temporary output boosts, temp def, etc. mix it around, and you will make it more clear to players that it only lasts a cycle and may not be repeated the next time around. hopefully you've thought through the utility of a +1 that is temporary, and costed it out.

again, you guys seem to be your own worst enemy. a bit more timely info and dedication to the forum community and you'll be repaid in thousands. you might even see this forum return to how it was in the past, when 99% were not complaints. but just like AA, you need to acknowledge and and accept that you've had a role in transforming the forum to what it is today. i sent you guys a PM more than a week ago. did i get a response? of course not.

headfaction
09-17-2014, 05:41 PM
It's bullh$hit. They have the bull$hit in kingdom age that's why I stopped playing.

headfaction
09-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Why don't gree have us take votes on what we want in the game? Before they put this stupid $hit in the game. I mean we play the f$&@ing thing!!

Cobra Kai
09-17-2014, 05:45 PM
We have 5 players who completed masters yesterday. We have the unit in our special tab in inventory, yet shows 0/3 on event tracker.

All high gold players. Seems a systemic issue.

We all sent in tickets but got a standard reply about the temporary boosts.

THATS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!

09-17-2014, 06:23 PM
The "explanation" for what is and is not temporary is still incredibly vague both in-game and in these forums. It's just talking in circles, and has been written in a very non-user-friendly fashion.

More importantly, we DO NOT WANT "temporary" bonuses either here or in Kingdom Age. In KA, it is one of the biggest contributors towards ruining the game and de-motivating players to complete or care about quests. Where in the world did you folks at Gree get it into your heads that temporary bonuses were a good idea in any form or fashion? Honestly, you're just killing yourselves with nonsense like this. It's not competitive, it's not practical, it's not sensible, it's not strategic, and it's not fun. We don't put in time and effort into your games to see it taken away at the end of your increasingly short, pointless events. If you put a timer on how long our rewards last, you put a timer on how long we care. Honestly, I have to know. With the hundreds and hundreds of fun, interesting, easy to implement suggestions that you are flooded with every single week, what possessed you to think, "Hey, let's create phony rewards that only last a few days! The players will love that!"? Please, point me to one single suggestion in these forums either from now or archived where a single player has suggested that would be a good idea. But what you CAN find is hundreds and hundreds of useful, fun ideas that have come from your actual player base.

Get your "temporary bonuses" out of my Modern Warfare and get your temporary bonuses out of my Kingdom Age, as well as anywhere else this phenomenon is being used. Otherwise, you are going to find that you've created nothing but VERY temporary players. Please stop being so bloody terrified of communicating with your customers like human beings, and stop doing things to the games that subtract by addition. You cannot possibly be surprised that people don't want "temporary" rewards for their time and effort. I honestly don't ever want to see another incidence of this nonsense here or in KA.

headfaction
09-17-2014, 06:28 PM
The "explanation" for what is and is not temporary is still incredibly vague both in-game and in these forums. It's just talking in circles, and has been written in a very non-user-friendly fashion.

More importantly, we DO NOT WANT "temporary" bonuses either here or in Kingdom Age. In KA, it is one of the biggest contributors towards ruining the game and de-motivating players to complete or care about quests. Where in the world did you folks at Gree get it into your heads that temporary bonuses were a good idea in any form or fashion? Honestly, you're just killing yourselves with nonsense like this. It's not competitive, it's not practical, it's not sensible, it's not strategic, and it's not fun. We don't put in time and effort into your games to see it taken away at the end of your increasingly short, pointless events. If you put a timer on how long our rewards last, you put a timer on how long we care. Honestly, I have to know. With the hundreds and hundreds of fun, interesting, easy to implement suggestions that you are flooded with every single week, what possessed you to think, "Hey, let's create phony rewards that only last a few days! The players will love that!"? Please, point me to one single suggestion in these forums either from now or archived where a single player has suggested that would be a good idea. But what you CAN find is hundreds and hundreds of useful, fun ideas that have come from your actual player base.

Get your "temporary bonuses" out of my Modern Warfare and get your temporary bonuses out of my Kingdom Age, as well as anywhere else this phenomenon is being used. Otherwise, you are going to find that you've created nothing but VERY temporary players. Please stop being so bloody terrified of communicating with your customers like human beings, and stop doing things to the games that subtract by addition. You cannot possibly be surprised that people don't want "temporary" rewards for their time and effort. I honestly don't ever want to see another incidence of this nonsense here or in KA.

Gree listen and take notes^^^ Well said!!

bam bam.
09-17-2014, 06:29 PM
This is a circus. Make the boosts permanent and kill off the idea. This was and still is not being handled well. Gree'd again...pathetic

Cobra Kai
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
I agree. Even without any hiccups this would still be an awful idea. No one is going to put in time and effort for a temporary boost to our toon.

Really bad idea.

Vile Lynn
09-17-2014, 06:44 PM

Well said!

------------------------------------

BTW GREE, CC doesn't want temp bonuses or temp boosts either IMHO.

East Coast Bias
09-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Apologies, but I will need to disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with temporary bonuses. It's all a matter of pricing them properly. And when I say pricing, that includes time and/or money. If they can be obtained for free, perhaps make the time investment required to be high. If for gold, then perhaps cheaper than the positive impact the regen can have during the event cycle. And base this off your average user, not the top 10 beasts or the guys who created an account yesterday. I'm sure you guys (or I hope so) have the data and can pull this off. As a point of reference, not sure a +1 building upgrade costing what it does was good for the average player. For me, I don't feel the need to upgrade my supply depot to level 10, so the boost is useless.

Adm. J(K96)
09-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Gree can't get permanent **** right, yet you think they will get boosts that come and go creating wildly fluctuating stats right? Nobody wants a temporary boost no matter the cost. If you want them, go play KA. we don't want them here.

bam bam.
09-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Also, it's not going to work at WD?, did I read that correctly?. It doesn't work at raid boss, doesn't work at WD, only works half the time. Which is about 10x more than our forum mod and game developers seemingly do.

A bridge too far guys. Fix this!

iamnasty
09-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Gee, not sure why anyone would spend any gold on TEMPORARY boost, sounds more like a ripe off !!!☠.........moo™������

Gen CheeBye
09-17-2014, 09:27 PM
I just overheard Gree executives talking about making xp gained from completing all LTQ events temporary in line with the temporary boosts players are getting shoved with.

Wahahahahahaha! Good Gawd I Can't Stop Laughing :p

Annihilator2
09-17-2014, 10:40 PM
I just overheard Gree executives talking about making xp gained from completing all LTQ events temporary in line with the temporary boosts players are getting shoved with.

Great idea about temporary XP for temporary boosts!:o

jeffvan
09-18-2014, 02:08 AM
So anything on this screen/popup:

http://content.screencast.com/users/nerdstock/folders/Jing/media/52b1a835-0929-489d-b24e-bc83829056d9/00000352.png

TEMPORARY

Anything not, should be listed somewhere else if temporary (as done in the past).

GREE you need to put your iSh1te down and load this event up in Droid. There are no question marks next to the events. There are no explanations of these boosts only work for "Judgement in Jamica".

The only question mark on the command centre window tells me how to play World Domination. Get your interfaces working right before you assume that we should know what the hell is going on!

Thanks

Zardos63
09-18-2014, 03:54 AM
i think, it's a good idea to give temporary boni. if you always get permanent boni, we will drive into an inflation of boni and that is no good thing for the future. Temporary boni will disappear and in the next wd campain you have to play to get them back...so there is no inflation and perhaps more participation.

BUT.....IT MUST BE TRANSPARENT that theres is such a thing as temporary boni!!!
No one knew about this feature - i think even the beta tester didn't know anything.

And that ist NOT OK and drives the people very angry!

So, please work on your communication...

Mr Prezident
09-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Before the juju boosts my health regen was on -44% and then after the -15% and -5% boosts my health regen is now -55% , I received an extra 11% only from 20%

cdun13
09-18-2014, 04:11 AM
Worst idea I hope nobody spends gold until they take this stupid idea away. I know that won't happen but come on! We don't get our gold back so why use it for somethin you don't get to keep forever.

free play
09-18-2014, 04:54 AM
Whatever about the temp bonus for WD, there free to get, well 2 of them, don't know what the fuss is, the health regen will help allot of the low factions, the +1 energy won't make any differance to most

TheBFO
09-18-2014, 05:32 AM
At first the temp boosts seemed utterly stupid..

But you have 3 days to get the boosts.. I got the health regens easily with no gold spent. The energy boost is pointless as it won't do anything for anyone.

If they did this event at the start of every cycle, and keep them easy to get, I don't see the problem. OTHER than the fact they didn't let anyone know, and very gree-shady-like waited until people bought them with gold to tell us they were temporary.

Dog bite
09-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Hey OP,

Tadaaah as a community manager it is your job to consolidate and communicate information.

Thanks to the OP.
Your information is greatly appreciated.

Harvest1969
09-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Have to love Gree you finaly convinced me to go goldfree from now on.
Thanks��

innov-8-or
09-18-2014, 10:40 AM
We have 5 players who completed masters yesterday. We have the unit in our special tab in inventory, yet shows 0/3 on event tracker.

All high gold players. Seems a systemic issue.

We all sent in tickets but got a standard reply about the temporary boosts.

THATS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!

Hey at least you got a reply...I sent in my ticket as I finished master by depleting my energy refills and using gold to then see that it shows 0/3 as you stated. If I used all the energy refills and gold for a TEMP boost, I am going to be double pissed off! I'm very close to quit playing this game...just like most I know.
Get your act together Gree!

MAD NUGGETT
09-18-2014, 11:12 AM
i think, it's a good idea to give temporary boni. if you always get permanent boni, we will drive into an inflation of boni and that is no good thing for the future. Temporary boni will disappear and in the next wd campain you have to play to get them back...so there is no inflation and perhaps more participation.

BUT.....IT MUST BE TRANSPARENT that theres is such a thing as temporary boni!!!
No one knew about this feature - i think even the beta tester didn't know anything.

And that ist NOT OK and drives the people very angry!

So, please work on your communication...

You said "boni" way too many times. In fact, it should have never been said.

jrb22250
09-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Anybody thought it will help you in WD, Epic Boss? AND IT IS FREE!!! Who cares - quit whining.

You cry babies are the same ones that got last place in sports and they still gave you a trophy for showing up....RANT OVER

YankeePhil
09-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Anybody thought it will help you in WD, Epic Boss? AND IT IS FREE!!! Who cares - quit whining.

You cry babies are the same ones that got last place in sports and they still gave you a trophy for showing up....RANT OVER

The main problem is tards want things now, they don't have the patience to see if it's worth it or too good to be true. People spent money to buy the maps/talisman because they didn't want to take the XP or time to see how easy it was to get. But Gree is still responsible for informing consumers what they are purchasing. They've never done temp boosts before so why would anyone think these would not be permanent. They deserve refunds, even though they're dumb for buying the items and not doing the LTQs.

headfaction
09-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Have to love Gree you finaly convinced me to go goldfree from now on.
Thanks��

Why did you ever spend gold on this game? (Serious question)

Sparkle
09-18-2014, 01:51 PM
This is a circus. Make the boosts permanent and kill off the idea. This was and still is not being handled well. Gree'd again...pathetic

No more more temporary boosts please. Hard work for fluff is not fun. It's aggravating. Just make these permanent and put more permanent good prizes within everyone's reach next time.

itsallgoingsouth
09-18-2014, 01:55 PM
GREE you need to put your iSh1te down and load this event up in Droid. There are no question marks next to the events. There are no explanations of these boosts only work for "Judgement in Jamica".

The only question mark on the command centre window tells me how to play World Domination. Get your interfaces working right before you assume that we should know what the hell is going on!

Thanks

Are you really so incompetent that you don't know that there are some differences across the platforms you are currently operating on?

Why don't you think it is appropriate to actually read, understand and eventually try to explain thoroughly and unambiguously any question that customers repeatedly asks you?

LarryJackson
09-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Three Things:
1> Any info on Ridge Raiders fLTQ that starts tomorrow?
What is the difference between the normal Faction LTQ and the (Advanced) Faction LTQ?
Please post final prize info with bonuses (that is in event Splash Screens)?

2> How about releasing info on new events or temporary bonuses BEFORE the event?
Why can't you do a Splash Screen or New message that gives a brief summary
and then says check in-game Help or FAQ for more info.
Then in Help/FAQ you FULLy describe whats changed and how it's going to work.
You Mods need to remember that not everyone reads these forums
and this info needs to be IN THE GAME preferably BEFORE it changes!

3> At least please use your Announcement forum to "Announce" this stuff!
It is your job to COMMUNICATE with us and explain and organize this info.
We shouldn't have to organize it and then have you guys forward people to our threads.

LarryJackson
09-18-2014, 02:51 PM
GREE you need to put your iSh1te down and load this event up in Droid.
There are no question marks next to the events.
There are no explanations of these boosts only work for "Judgement in Jamica".

The only question mark on the command centre window tells me how to play World Domination.
Get your interfaces working right before you assume we should know what the hell is going on!
Question marks (?) are in my droid game.
Did you do the latest v4.4.1 update?

itsallgoingsouth
09-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Three Things:
1> Any info on Ridge Raiders fLTQ that starts tomorrow?
What is the difference between the normal Faction LTQ and the (Advanced) Faction LTQ?
Please post final prize info with bonuses (that is in event Splash Screens)?

2> How about releasing info on new events or temporary bonuses BEFORE the event?
Why can't you do a Splash Screen or New message that gives a brief summary
and then says check in-game Help or FAQ for more info.
Then in Help/FAQ you FULLy describe whats changed and how it's going to work.
You Mods need to remember that not everyone reads these forums
and this info needs to be IN THE GAME preferably BEFORE it changes!

3> At least please use your Announcement forum to "Announce" this stuff!
It is your job to COMMUNICATE with us and explain and organize this info.
We shouldn't have to organize it and then have you guys forward people to our threads.'

Part of the solution could be for you and Danimal to stop doing their job with for new LTQ being being launched. It could force GREE to do a lot more work, perhaps even get used to working for their customers instead of just for financial gain. Private corporations could actually get their earnings through satisfying consumers, not just from ripping them off through different schemes.

RazAlguise
09-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Qwerty I agree with you. I hope Gree does make all bonuses this time permanent but I hope they do it all around cause many didn't do these events cause what's the point if bonuses aren't good after 10 days or so. Also. I lost my account due to a Gree mess up. I have lost units and bonuses for all events since that happened and didn't get to do these part time bonus events. They should give them to everyone and after that explain if units and bonuses are temporary.

Kilrae
09-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Are the units you get from masters and prestige permanent or temporary? It is not listed in the command center so I assume they're permanent

RAMNUTS
09-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Before the juju boosts my health regen was on -44% and then after the -15% and -5% boosts my health regen is now -55% , I received an extra 11% only from 20%

I had a 30% even and after both the 5% & 15% I am now @44%...???

jeffvan
09-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Question marks (?) are in my droid game.
Did you do the latest v4.4.1 update?

Larry they are now. But I had to wait over 36 hours for them to appear! Somehow seems a bit short sited to run 3 x 24 hour events and we dont know about it until 1.5 of them are done!

Oh well. I got them for free anyways. So whether GREEdy makes them stick or not is of no concern. Enjoy the bonus while it lasts!

CC1
09-19-2014, 07:13 AM
I would of picked:

innovation at its best-lack of prior info shows the unprofessional nature of organization

Though, I would not say "unprofessional," I would rather place it as disorganized.

I would hate to believe Gree is intentionally hiding information to generate bad juju amongst the consumers and create the fear within them to spend more money in the future.

The easiest answer is most likely the right one.

Gree is very disorganized, and the developers are not willing to divulge information to the public via this forum with its moderators, Facebook, or even in game with proper explanation of game mechanics and consumer expectations.

Basically the dev's and the PR (mods) do not communicate on a level that would create a transparent game mechanics platform that us as consumers would like to see.

Intentional or not: disorganized = incompetent. Regardless, I was given enough reason to stop spending gold when I received a response to a ticket admitting an error but refusing to refund gold or provide the unit.

I do still believe it was intentionally misleading. The idea of temporary awards is a new one which means there were a lot of meetings amongst the leadership before implementation. I cannot swallow the idea that informing the consumer was not discussed. Incompetence on that level would have been evident in other areas and precluded the game's success in the first place. Add to that the lack of communication herein, and my view is solidified.

I lost nothing on this latest scam because I have had enough doubt in Gree for a while now to risk real money for anything. If something went wrong with a purchase, by honest mistake or not, it won't be rectified unless there is a huge uprising like the SUP threat to boycott. I have neither the time, energy, nor influence for that. So, I simply don't spend.

CC1
09-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Regardless of mistakes or bad intentions in some respects, you have to admit Gree is great at one thing - alienating customers

seaagg
09-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Can we use temporary money to buy the temporary bonuses? That would be money that reverts back to my back account when the bonus reverts back to Gree's account.

TheBFO
09-19-2014, 09:49 AM
I had a 30% even and after both the 5% & 15% I am now @44%...???

Because health boosts are not additive like building output, they are multiplicative.

If they were additive many would have over 100% health regen.. meaning no regen time..

Tinker
09-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Can we use temporary money to buy the temporary bonuses? That would be money that reverts back to my back account when the bonus reverts back to Gree's account.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah oops
crap. i just spit up coffee through my nose

Mikelord
09-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Gree sucks at everything what else is new.

CC1
09-19-2014, 04:14 PM
What a moronic idea. As one of the officers of our team I use to have to motivate members to push hard so we could get a good unit. Now, I get to tell them work hard for what? A Blue Mountain Drone? A Mystery Map? Yippee and woohoo! Go team!! But, don't get attached to it because it's going away soon.

Stupid, stupid and did I mention stupid?

CC1
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Oh, and when are you going to fix the use allies issue Gree?

Neluzz
09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Some how the +1 energy regen isnt working. It says +4 extra energy regens and i only get +6 energy per minute. Shouldnt that be +7?

Socks
09-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Gree took a massive dump in their bed. What else is new?

headfaction
09-20-2014, 10:01 PM
What was gree thinking? I know, I know. Thinking with their pockets instead of brains. Always thinking short-term rather then long-term...

CC1
09-22-2014, 05:53 AM
I'm still confused despite the awesome explanation from Gree (extreme sarcasm)

Are the energy refills shown in inventory also temporary? Or can I save them for next cycle?

TheBFO
09-22-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm still confused despite the awesome explanation from Gree (extreme sarcasm)

Are the energy refills shown in inventory also temporary? Or can I save them for next cycle?

Those are permanent and you can save them.

The only temporary boosts are the boosts showed on the globe in game. Like how when you tap the globe and it says "+1 energy regen unlocked/locked"

Those are the temporary boosts. All the health regens, building cost reductions, energy regen, and I believe I saw a +10% alliance attack boost. Those are all temporary. At least, that is how I understand it from our lovely mods.

EZfodder
09-22-2014, 07:50 AM
I like the temporary idea. I think they should last a little long so the overlapped from one cycle to the next. This would give a more constant raise. Now we will have a lot of regen at the end of a cycle and the nothing suddenly when the next start

dudehardwork
09-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, the only bonuses that are temp are the ones from the command center Missions.

Lostingreeland
09-22-2014, 08:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, the only bonuses that are temp are the ones from the command center Missions.

i believe you are correct. As far as I understand, they are the temp ones.

Shinedown Gree
09-22-2014, 08:25 AM
If I have to return my boosts can you return my gold?

Wambo
09-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Personally I don't trust any of these comments saying you like the temporary idea... What's up with you guys? Do you work for Gree or something?

Snatcher
09-22-2014, 11:42 AM
I quit with the indi and fltq, not worth it anymore if greedy takes away the bonusses. thats just taking money away without continues use in further cyclus.
And yes i want my gold back if you take away my bonus boosts

Tramp78
09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why I should bust my butt to finish levels 11 on both Prestige and Master in order to gain a +3 health bonus that will (by my calculation) expire six hours later. There isn't anything that you can DO with that energy except play that event and the rewards from that event are temporary. What is the point? What was the motivation to make these rewards temporary instead of permanent?

Dazzj10
09-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Be good to know how many people did spend gold before it was found out that they were temp rewards,,, and many people still don't know

hikeler
09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
that's it....I quit!