PDA

View Full Version : Bad Juju Boost honest or not?

bam bam.
09-16-2014, 06:33 PM
I would like to know how the community views the new temporary boosts.

Jaded Fusion
09-16-2014, 06:37 PM
It was shady they way it was rolled out. First thing I did was buy the 4 mystery talismen as soon as I saw the reward. If I knew it was a temp boost for a future wd I wouldn't have wasted 2,400 gold.

Led
09-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Not cool feels like a bait and switch to me...

bam bam.
09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
I've tried to make this pole unbiased. I would like genuine reactions as per usual.

I am not excited about the idea and I do wonder how they manage to come up with ideas to consistently dishearten both paying and free players. People really must have some excess cash lying around and/or a serious addiction to the quest to purchase number 1 on a temporary leader board.

Kefa
09-16-2014, 06:52 PM
There isn't an option that describes my opinion well, but Jaded Fusion said it perfectly. It was not made clear what you were buying before you bought it, and once you bought it (if you did buy it) you found out it did not do what you expected it to do based on the in-game description.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with offering a temporary boost, as long as the buyer clearly knows what he/she is buying prior to the transaction in order to decide whether or not the utility of the product is personally worth the price.

cdun13
09-16-2014, 06:53 PM
I vote not cool! If this is what they were doing they should have told us. I know people that bought everything because of how great of an opportunity this was. Gree fix this and reward us with these prizes, then do this next time after giving us a heads up. Multiple people have already told me they are retiring because of this downhill event. Your destroying a game millions love to play day in and day out. Get it together or you won't have any players except the bottom factions that don't even know what's going on. Please make this right gree.

Oh oh Gree
09-16-2014, 06:54 PM
If Gree would have let everyone know that they were going to roll out temp bonuses and how it would work before they went live I bet Gree would have received a much more positive reaction.

Time and again things are changed in the game, like the last 24 FA, and players are not informed of the changes until after the event goes live or the event is over.

Given up on thinking Gree will finally provide event detail in advance. Simple communication goes a long way.

Pidgeot
09-16-2014, 11:18 PM
I was going to spend gold to get these boost but since I dont get to keep then not a chance. Your loss GREE.

Annihilator2
09-17-2014, 01:36 AM
I vote that the boosts MUST be changed to permanent immediately because they was not announced and described.
I read in other thread that the boosts are temporary for current cycle but health regen boost does not work in current RB.
It is fully unclear how and when the boosts are/will working/work:mad:

TheRealAnarchy
09-17-2014, 01:46 AM
As usual Gree is playing us all for beta testers and rolling out new updates without proper testing and without clear communication. A seemingly traditional format has suddenly changed and the players are left in the dark until enough people have spent enough gold to realise they've been cheated.
And judging from the answers (or lack thereof) from the mods/devs it seems they don't even know themselves what they've released to the public.

...And hey, what else is new...

Annihilator2
09-17-2014, 01:55 AM
And judging from the answers (or lack thereof) from the mods/devs it seems they don't even know themselves what they've released to the public.

...And hey, what else is new...

Fully agree!
Devs build something but do not know how this really work. Also they don't do their work correctly.

Temporary bonus shall be in bonus list and start to work immediately after obtaining.
Temporary bonus shall be removed at time X in day Y and stop to work.

Here we see that bonus do not work at all. Simply, the implementation is not full. Devs forgot to build a use of the bonus.

Stumps
09-17-2014, 02:14 AM
Can anyone show me where it states the bonus is temp? If not,it has to be false advertising.... Happy to be corrected by an expert, but it does seem fraudulent.

TheRealAnarchy
09-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Can anyone show me where it states the bonus is temp? If not,it has to be false advertising.... Happy to be corrected by an expert, but it does seem fraudulent.

In "Command Center", or what it's called, click the globe (must have latest update), then click on the [?]-mark next to one of the goals in the list (Individual goals).

So, it is there, but they couldn't have hidden it any deeper.

Stumps
09-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Thanks I didn't see it there. Just not well advertised.

robbieb79
09-17-2014, 02:40 AM
i spent the 1200 gold to get the +1 boost (which i wouldn't of had i know it was temp) and 12 hours later i still haven't even got it! ticket was sent but no reply.

CC1
09-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Flat out intentionally deceptive. I lose more and more interest in this game and it's developers everyday. These are systemic problems from the leadership. It won't change.

Annihilator2
09-17-2014, 03:31 AM
Command Center is new thing and not credible.
See reward for the goal where nothing about temporariness of the boost!
This incosistancy cheats people.:mad:

P.S.: I am lucky: I wasted only 60 gold, then I saw threads in forum and stopped my wasting.

bam bam.
09-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Looks like we all got gree'd again. It's very disappointing and even the mods clarification was as clear as mud. This sucks. Wish our mods played our game and could voice our concerns then work their asses off to get remuneration for the deceptions/mistakes and everything else that goes on around here.

Rob TRK
09-17-2014, 04:41 AM
First thing... It actually looks like really poor wording in the pop up box as that statement applies to all events that are in the command centre. I read it to mean that the boosts were only obtainable during the limited time event during Jamaica cycle. I can also see why folks are reading it differently. The issue here being we are all guessing until the mods respond.

I haven't spent any gold yet (I never spend until the closing stage of an event), but then I want to see how the event unfolds first...

Annihilator2
09-17-2014, 04:56 AM
We are regular to open the glob in WD event only and usually we look into goal list only (Frontline has three flag icon, not glob).
I expect that correct and full info is published within goals and not in some "?" point. Also "?" symbol is used for help and not for events - it is common practice... Why does gree use commonly used symbols for something new?

Again: Gree must make the boosts to be permanent as stated in goal list!

P.S.: Also Gree must fix ASAP that the boosts will start to work

krabbie
09-17-2014, 05:06 AM
I like the fact that Gree is changing things and trying out new things, but they should really take some lessons in communicative skills. And I would also like it if Droid users could also see that the bonuses are temporary, it's only visible on IOS.

Wall-E
09-17-2014, 06:05 AM
I usually don't complain but this was ridiculous! I spent 1200 gold buying something temporary.
It should have been announced loud and clear that this is a temporary boost and not hidden in the bottom basement, behind a locked door guarded by a Rottweiler!

Worst ever Gree! Makes me think twice about continuing this game!
What if EA did the same? Pay 100$ and you can get this soccer player to FIFA but you can only have him for a week! And NOT announcing it!

OmG!

Mean BCP
09-17-2014, 06:12 AM
Wow, glad I read this thread before spending any gold. I had no idea the boosts were temporary.

Seriously, this is intentionally deceptive. These purchases should be refunded if they don't make the bonuses permanent. Otherwise, it's just stealing.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
09-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Daddy him say always kick da tires before you buys them cars. LOL

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
09-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Wow, glad I read this thread before spending any gold. I had no idea the boosts were temporary.

Gree, those guys are geniuses. LOL Don't be hatin the playa, hate the game. LOLZ

Seriously, this is intentionally deceptive. These purchases should be refunded if they don't make the bonuses permanent. Otherwise, it's just stealing.

Stealing you say, fancy that. ROTFLMAO

Sgt. Fancypants
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
http://photo1.ask.fm/367/980/824/710003013-1qhl9ks-ikh01qod64r213a/original/file.jpg

Tranq
09-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Should be able to buy them with gold and when the boosts go away return the gold. Temporary boost for my temporary gold

RazAlguise
09-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Robbie. Don't worry they will get back to you eventually. I sent in a ticket last Thursday for a lost account. Sent 3 more cause I missed FA and RB events. Currently missing Juju event. Didn't get a repsonse saying Whitney would help me recover account until Monday afternoon. Never heard back. Guess what though. Asked Gree for info on gold program. Heard back the very next day.

Bobar
09-17-2014, 03:31 PM
i wont pay a daim for a temporary boost

solowalker
09-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I would of picked:

innovation at its best-lack of prior info shows the unprofessional nature of organization

Though, I would not say "unprofessional," I would rather place it as disorganized.

I would hate to believe Gree is intentionally hiding information to generate bad juju amongst the consumers and create the fear within them to spend more money in the future.

The easiest answer is most likely the right one.

Gree is very disorganized, and the developers are not willing to divulge information to the public via this forum with its moderators, Facebook, or even in game with proper explanation of game mechanics and consumer expectations.

Basically the dev's and the PR (mods) do not communicate on a level that would create a transparent game mechanics platform that us as consumers would like to see.

CC1
09-19-2014, 06:09 AM
I would of picked:

innovation at its best-lack of prior info shows the unprofessional nature of organization

Though, I would not say "unprofessional," I would rather place it as disorganized.

I would hate to believe Gree is intentionally hiding information to generate bad juju amongst the consumers and create the fear within them to spend more money in the future.

The easiest answer is most likely the right one.

Gree is very disorganized, and the developers are not willing to divulge information to the public via this forum with its moderators, Facebook, or even in game with proper explanation of game mechanics and consumer expectations.

Basically the dev's and the PR (mods) do not communicate on a level that would create a transparent game mechanics platform that us as consumers would like to see.

Intentional or not: disorganized = incompetent. Regardless, I was given enough reason to stop spending gold when I received a response to a ticket admitting an error but refusing to refund gold or provide the unit.

I do still believe it was intentionally misleading. The idea of temporary awards is a new one which means there were a lot of meetings amongst the leadership before implementation. I cannot swallow the idea that informing the consumer was not discussed. Incompetence on that level would have been evident in other areas and precluded the game's success in the first place. Add to that the lack of communication herein, and my view is solidified.

I lost nothing on this latest scam because I have had enough doubt in Gree for a while now to risk real money for anything. If something went wrong with a purchase, by honest mistake or not, it won't be rectified unless there is a huge uprising like the SUP threat to boycott. I have neither the time, energy, nor influence for that. So, I simply don't spend.

Hobbs
09-19-2014, 06:41 AM
GREE its clear these rewards were clearly mis-leading,there has never been "Temporary"bonuses before in this game so players have spent money on Gold to receive the bonuses stated!
There is only 2 solutions that would be acceptable:
1.reward the bonuses as Permanent.
2.give those who used Gold to obtain these bonuses an option of a FULL Refund of Gold used.
I'm sure there will not be many players out there who would choose to keep "temporary"bonuses they unknowingly payed for.
From the reaction I'm hearing in faction chats and forums this latest Insult is one too far,I'm hearing good established players talking about quitting game!!
These are Gold buying Customers who have played and invested a lot into this game over the years.
Time for a little RESPECT!!!

CC1
09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Bump, bump, bump. Don't let this issue die.

Greeny1
09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Bump again, this could be the last nail in the coffin for many.......personally been a top 3 gold player for a while and now I'm going gold free......why pay for boosts that are temporary? I can see their thinking but it's just a way to get more gold for the top end to keep those with health regen at bay....

bam bam.
09-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Bump again, this could be the last nail in the coffin for many.......personally been a top 3 gold player for a while and now I'm going gold free......why pay for boosts that are temporary? I can see their thinking but it's just a way to get more gold for the top end to keep those with health regen at bay....

Congratulations to u if u can go free. I did it a yr ago and haven't even come close to being tempted back. I said it would take 3 solid months of no effed up events and or dirty tactics for me to spend again. Looks like my money will be safe for a long while yet

headfaction
09-20-2014, 09:08 PM
We should be able to keep them but we all know gree....

CC1
09-23-2014, 07:40 AM
Bump +11111111

bam bam.
09-24-2014, 06:01 AM
91% of ppl think this is a busted as?so show haha. A small minority initially liked the temp boosts. I suspect this will decrease over time as the xp continues to gain but ur rewards r gone