PDA

View Full Version : Full Assault/Frontline Matchups

MadAtWorld
09-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I know in WD that Gree professes there is some attempt at equality in the matchup system. It's based on stats, position, points, and whatever else. But I would REALLY like to know if there is even the slightest attempt made in this event. If Gree says yes, it's broken. How do I know?

A top 700 team of newer accounts got paired against OnlySUPWins. To put that in perspective, it took the, 10 minutes to score more points in one match than the smaller team did in the entire event. By the end, they had scored more per node than the smaller team had in the event.

Why does it matter? Because Gree gives goals. The smaller team needed 3 nodes to get the building output boost. Vitally important to newer accounts with very low IPH. Nothing to accounts in top factions who make over 200m IPH easily. Being a game, there needs to be at least the illusion that the teams are competitive. This was a joke.

And what would it have cost the oh so great and mighty team to lose 3 nodes? Nothing. They could have put 200m on one node and still won. But their response: We have never lost a node and will never lose a node.

What makes this even more of a sick joke: when the battle was declared, some accounts were somehow removed from faction. When we matched, the person waiting to deploy suddenly got a message they needed to be in a faction to do so. Moments after that same person dropped an FLTQ target. Then, not that it matters really, less than halfway thru the battle, many people got a Game Maintenance message and were not able to access the event at all. And yes, there are SS.

This event has always been flawed. It remains flawed. And has even gotten worse. Gree, please do something about the matchup algorithm used for this event. We don't mind having to fight for it, and lose. We just want to be able to say we tried and were fairly beaten.

To SUP: being who you are, you should value that spirit of competition. Be more civic minded. Value your contribution to the game and fellow players more than your pride. I would think it would be boring for you to never have to earn a win, just sitting there tapping like a monkey on a typewriter. Why aren't you on the forum asking Gree to make the Matchups more challenging for you?

Speed ump
09-13-2014, 03:59 PM
You obviously do not read the forums very often. We have asked for gree to give us top match ups since wd began. FL is a much more minor event to us, so havnt really gotten Into it for that one, though it's all the same. The top teams avoid us like the plague, so we get more of the lower teams. You may be frustrated, but don't try taking it out on sup. That falls all on gree. Sup would like nothing more than to only face top teams, but then they would think it's unfair that they have to face us so many times. No matter which way they go, people will be unhappy about it.

Speed ump
09-13-2014, 04:12 PM
By the way, trying to degrade us with insults like not having to " earn" a win, or tapping like monkeys. That will get you lots of brownie points from us. We all have the same ability to spend to win, which is what it boils down to, we don't set the conditions. If the game is not suitable to you, you're free not to play. So, your team wasn't tapping? I see what your problem is then. You must tap to win. I have seen many documentaries on monkeys, and don't think ive ever seen them tapping. Maybe a woodpecker? I'll give you a hint, if you see sup next time, don't spend a cent or waste a single deploy, make your push the next matchup. ( I would have though that would be obvious) There was more than enough time to finish.( we finished in less than five hours I believe) Learn to adapt to changing conditions, or be prepared for the results.

Speed ump
09-13-2014, 04:20 PM
Hmmm, I was just informed that your team asked is to give you nodes in that matchup. Really? Lol. That's why you're upset. I also happen to know you never said a word or asked the next teams you matched, nor did you really even try to take any nodes. I believe what you wanted was a ss of your team beating sup to post around. Wouldn't be the first time anyone tried that, and yes we did that once and that's exactly what it was used for. So no, we won't lay down for you, or any team. After hearing that you asked, I'm going to have to say your post is hypocritical. Earn a win? You expected us to " give" you three. Go earn them. We sure do, the hard way.

MadAtWorld
09-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Hmmm, I was just informed that your team asked is to give you nodes in that matchup. Really? Lol. That's why you're upset. I also happen to know you never said a word or asked the next teams you matched, nor did you really even try to take any nodes. I believe what you wanted was a ss of your team beating sup to post around. Wouldn't be the first time anyone tried that, and yes we did that once and that's exactly what it was used for. So no, we won't lay down for you, or any team. After hearing that you asked, I'm going to have to say your post is hypocritical. Earn a win? You expected us to " give" you three. Go earn them. We sure do, the hard way.

Actually, you made a few errors in your assumptions: I have no issue with higher teams playing in their manner. If you can afford to spend what others pay in mortgage payments every month to entertain yourself, go for it. And I really am blaming Gree and their inability to put things the way they ought to be for how the matchup system works. My comments to SUP about pushing for change are based on the times we have all seen SUP take a stand and demand Gree do something and it happened. But in every instance, that change was of benefit to SUP directly. I can see how demanding a matchup system that gave you more challenging opponents may not quite be in your best interest. There's always the chance that at 2am someone pushes the button and the top 5 team, knowing they will eventually face you, goes all out and finally wins. But I think it would make the game better and as community leaders that should be of some interest to you. After all, if it kept going downhill, you'd have nobody to play with but yourselves.

As for our match... You've left out a bit of the conversation. Our match happened in the last hour of the event. It was set up with all of our people to show up, scheduled, with great turn out. Not easy for any team to get that many on at once. We are a team made up of hard working people with little disposable income who still enjoy playing together. So saying that we can spend like anyone else is rather a foolish statement and you know it. The game is meant to cater to all income categories. We did inform you that we had one goal to achieve, the 3 nodes. And as for splashing a pic of us winning? First, we wouldn't have won. Second, you easily could have SS the comments of your helping the little guy out and instead of a ding to the pride would have looked like benevolent overlords. And since you don't know me, I'll forgive you for assuming I would do such a thing to someone who helped us put. But as I said, you left out part of the convo. We held our deploys, seeing it was you... And when we told you where we stood, we were ridiculed. Wish I had thought to SS your players little Ha Ha dance. In the end, you still would have won, no matter if you had concentrated on two nodes or five.

Ever wondered why people do speak of you the way they do? Let me ask you this... When was the last time you did something that wasn't self serving? I work in public relations... You, sir, should consider yours. Every time you guys speak you sound arrogant. I have seen numerous thank you threads to one faction or another for treating others with respect and generosity. I must have missed the ones thanking you. Were we asking for freebies? Not in my opinion. We were asking to be able to compete as if we were matched with a team of our own calibre. As your players said in their taunts, you have never lost a node, and never will, especially not to ones such as us. Clearly you realize that we aren't even playing the same game.

I wish you luck. I really do.

cdun13
09-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Sups the ****! If you are a low team and match them don't try. Like he said that's common sense. I'm top 10 and we don't even try. We hit a few friends with some love taps and ya we use gold to get points but that's because you have to do that to be a top team. So ya "tapping" is what must be done. You should try it you might win some against someone other than top 1000 teams. You want things to be given to you is rediculous. Gree will give you rewards if you spend gold. Plain and simple. Obviously they did something right if they have the money you pay in mortgage to spend on gold. Get a better job and you can to. I spend gold but not as much. And I'm not crying when sup beats is 2 mil to 300k. Get over it dude. Rant done

MadAtWorld
09-17-2014, 10:49 AM
My original post was about fixing the matchup system. The SUP matchup was merely to illustrate how broken it us. I'm not usually one to call a team out on anything but at the time I was offended at the manner in which they treated decent people. Not by saying no. That is their right and privilege. A polite "I'm sorry, but we are unable to help" would have been sufficient and engendered no hard feelings. However, that was not what was said, or how it was said, and anyone having been spoken down to in such a way would have been unhappy with it.

I give SUP props that they know how to dominate in the game using gold. It's their method of play. Been there, done that. Mr. speed ump may actually be appalled that not only have we played together, I have gracefully declined invitations to participate in the top tier once again. No because I can't afford it. Because I find my satisfaction in playing differently. I get no sense of challenge sitting there tapping a screen and watching my gold counter go down knowing the outcome of every battle before it starts. I find that intensely boring. And I don't even watch my stats anymore, they're irrelevant after you reach a certain point. What I get satisfaction from after so long playing is jumping around and teaching new players how to be a team and helping them grow. But, to each his own. In the past I have been nothing less than respectful to SUP and would expect the same of its players to the rest of the teams in this game.

Toby_Bear
09-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Actually, you made a few errors in your assumptions: I have no issue with higher teams playing in their manner. If you can afford to spend what others pay in mortgage payments every month to entertain yourself, go for it. And I really am blaming Gree and their inability to put things the way they ought to be for how the matchup system works. My comments to SUP about pushing for change are based on the times we have all seen SUP take a stand and demand Gree do something and it happened. But in every instance, that change was of benefit to SUP directly. I can see how demanding a matchup system that gave you more challenging opponents may not quite be in your best interest. There's always the chance that at 2am someone pushes the button and the top 5 team, knowing they will eventually face you, goes all out and finally wins. But I think it would make the game better and as community leaders that should be of some interest to you. After all, if it kept going downhill, you'd have nobody to play with but yourselves.

As for our match... You've left out a bit of the conversation. Our match happened in the last hour of the event. It was set up with all of our people to show up, scheduled, with great turn out. Not easy for any team to get that many on at once. We are a team made up of hard working people with little disposable income who still enjoy playing together. So saying that we can spend like anyone else is rather a foolish statement and you know it. The game is meant to cater to all income categories. We did inform you that we had one goal to achieve, the 3 nodes. And as for splashing a pic of us winning? First, we wouldn't have won. Second, you easily could have SS the comments of your helping the little guy out and instead of a ding to the pride would have looked like benevolent overlords. And since you don't know me, I'll forgive you for assuming I would do such a thing to someone who helped us put. But as I said, you left out part of the convo. We held our deploys, seeing it was you... And when we told you where we stood, we were ridiculed. Wish I had thought to SS your players little Ha Ha dance. In the end, you still would have won, no matter if you had concentrated on two nodes or five.

Ever wondered why people do speak of you the way they do? Let me ask you this... When was the last time you did something that wasn't self serving? I work in public relations... You, sir, should consider yours. Every time you guys speak you sound arrogant. I have seen numerous thank you threads to one faction or another for treating others with respect and generosity. I must have missed the ones thanking you. Were we asking for freebies? Not in my opinion. We were asking to be able to compete as if we were matched with a team of our own calibre. As your players said in their taunts, you have never lost a node, and never will, especially not to ones such as us. Clearly you realize that we aren't even playing the same game.

I wish you luck. I really do.

Well said sir, well said!

@speed dump, you just knocked the **** out!!!!! Put another turd on top of the mighty sup :)

Toby_Bear
09-17-2014, 11:48 AM
My original post was about fixing the matchup system. The SUP matchup was merely to illustrate how broken it us. I'm not usually one to call a team out on anything but at the time I was offended at the manner in which they treated decent people. Not by saying no. That is their right and privilege. A polite "I'm sorry, but we are unable to help" would have been sufficient and engendered no hard feelings. However, that was not what was said, or how it was said, and anyone having been spoken down to in such a way would have been unhappy with it.

I give SUP props that they know how to dominate in the game using gold. It's their method of play. Been there, done that. Mr. speed ump may actually be appalled that not only have we played together, I have gracefully declined invitations to participate in the top tier once again. No because I can't afford it. Because I find my satisfaction in playing differently. I get no sense of challenge sitting there tapping a screen and watching my gold counter go down knowing the outcome of every battle before it starts. I find that intensely boring. And I don't even watch my stats anymore, they're irrelevant after you reach a certain point. What I get satisfaction from after so long playing is jumping around and teaching new players how to be a team and helping them grow. But, to each his own. In the past I have been nothing less than respectful to SUP and would expect the same of its players to the rest of the teams in this game.

Respect, sup, speed dump, gene, and mad nugget (throw in since he's not sup anymore) do not go together! Anyone that comes on here with true facts get spin doctored by speed so fast that it's not worth the time.

Speed ump
09-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Well hello Toby, glad to see more great words of wisdom comming from you. Mad, I did not see the convo myself, but was did confirm the convo went as described by several diff members. Yes, you are upset because we did no honor your request. I may sound arrogant because our team always wins, and people do get jealous of that. Many people have come on here with similar statements in the past, as if sup owed them something because of its position. We never degraded anyone because they are hard workers and have chosen not to spend the sums we do. We have spent a lot to achieve what we have here, and have no desire to relinquish that. It has been proven in numerous cases that people would use the win of three nodes and yes that would give you the win, as propaganda against us. We chose to help by sending members to factions to help with events they could not finish in their own. We drop cash and folders also to help some. We get no direct benefit for such a thing, nor do we normally point out that we do these things. It's no ones business but our own. If there is a competitive event, you can bet you last dollar that we will make ever effort to win it. You set the tone of this convo with your own comments. You outright said we did not earn our wins, not even implied this. Sup has no obligation to any other faction, including yours. We help in cases because the people seem to be trying and it's fun to do so. Sorry if helping you means we are meanies, so be it. I've been called that since this game began, because I was the strongest. Imagine, I attacked people in a war game. It's not let's all make friends. It's modern war. You and anyone else are free to think whatever you chose. I guess you are selfish for asking us for those nodes, for yourselves. It would not have benefitted anyone other than your own faction. See how that plays both ways? Now of a past friend had pm me to see if anything could be done, who knows. Maybe, but even them in a competitive situation, likely not. We have helped with other types of events when asked many times, though cannot help all, or even most. Not sure why you feel we or any other top team would owe you this. It was not your last battle as sides robed either. You did not ask this favor of the next team, nor did your team even put up much effort in the attempt.

RazAlguise
09-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey Speed. I hope you aren't Stephen. Cause I never would guess the leader of SUP 1 would even talk to people on the forums. Waste his breate is how I would put it. People hate you cause you win. You just put up with them. Always have. I say just leave it be. They said what they wanted to. You said what you wanted. Now leave it at that.
And I'm not for SUP or against them. Just an admirer. Lots of SUP friends I've made playing through the years. It's the only reason why I still play. It's the reason why we should all play. Cause of the people we meet and love talking to.
Also. Thx for helping all of us factions out. In or out of events. I know I've asked SUP for donations before and I've got just that. You are helpful. People may not always think you are during an event. But we appreciate what you do at times.
I just wish all the top 25 teams would verse you guys. Put on more of a show for the rest of the players to watch.

Kefa
09-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Is this thread about matchups or about SUP practices? I can't tell anymore... but I love the fact that there can be some competitive banter on a forum dedicated to a competitive game :)
That said, I'm sure the thread will sadly be locked next time I peek in.

It's always disappointing getting matched against a much stronger/higher ranked team when we're going for wins, and we've all been there. (well, all of us who aren't at the top, lol). However, if you can think of it from the perspective of a top team, can you think of a solution? Should top 10 teams only ever be allowed to pair against other top 10 teams, and still have the same 50-wins goal chain requirement? That wouldn't work either, so I think it would be very difficult to develop a compromise in this situation that would actually be fair to all the teams it will affect.

The times we faced SUP in Full Assault / Frontline, never once did we ask them to "give" us a node - there's 60 hungry competitors in their team, and surely the first time one of their leaders agrees to "give" another team a node, at least one of those hungry competitors is bound to log in without checking chat, see a flag of the wrong color, and dump 5000 units on it, lol. Then the other team will be upset that "SUP didn't keep their word".

But our funnest (sic) / most memorable matches in the whole event were when we faced the top teams. We managed to steal flags from SUP several times in the old format of the game, and even beat a few of the highest ranked teams outright. Of course, it cost allot of valor to do so, but it was worth it to be able to banter about it later ;)

Main ASSASSIN
09-18-2014, 07:50 PM
As a witness to sup gameplay. I can say they kick ass by spending the money. I used to hear all the talk about top teams "cheating", I saw several sup members in Mcgurts Legends when they merged. They all earned their points with gold. All I can say is you got the short end of the stick on your matchup, sorry dude. I'm sure it was a little frustrating, but hey there's always next time..Until then let's all keep it classy..

Apollo13
09-19-2014, 12:44 AM
So you waste a round when you get matched with SUP...big deal. It's not like WD where the streak is affected. Just continue to stock up on your energy and declare again immediately after the round. Who cares about how SUP deploy and how much gold they dump into deployment. SUP hates this because if you deploy, you are just adding to their points...if you don't deploy, they have to make up the points with their own deployments. So, by not deploying, you are already a winner.

Apollo13
09-19-2014, 12:55 AM
And likewise, if you want to upset them, supporters of OSW can deploy all they want when get matched with OSW. Supporters of McGurt can deploy all they can when matched up against them to give them those extra points.

SUP don't like to get matched up with lower order teams as much as you...they don't score well. It's the same for WD, they don't score well againsts lower levels, lower ranking teams. You might just be able to steal a win off them by hitting their Command Center even...it might be a joke, but not totally impossible.

It's just a game. Someone got to be first and someone got to be last, someone got to win and someone have to be the loser. You don't go complaining everytime because you come last or lost...it is only a legit complain if you are constantly getting matched against them...but I think if that ever happens, they will be making the complain quicker than your post on the forum.