My bonuses are:

10 Cement Factory
5 Bangkok Loara
5 Blighted Leader
5 Matru Grizzly

So if I'm not wrong, the total bonus applying them sequentialy would be:
10 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 = 11,57625

But in my profile it appears as "Upgrade cost -23%"

Moreover, when I bought the Hidden Gem it cost was $89.999.997 over a $100M base cost wich does the next bonus:

(100000000 - 89999997) / 100000000 * 100 = 10,000003%

Anyone knows whats the real deal? I don't know how to apply my bonuses :(

elangomatt
09-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi, I'm having some mess with the way to calculate the total bonus:

My bonuses are:

10 Cement Factory
5 Bangkok Loara
5 Blighted Leader
5 Matru Grizzly

So if I'm not wrong, the total bonus applying them sequentialy would be:
10 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 = 11,57625

But in my profile it appears as "Upgrade cost -23%"

Moreover, when I bought the Hidden Gem it cost was $89.999.997 over a $100M base cost wich does the next bonus:

(100000000 - 89999997) / 100000000 * 100 = 10,000003%

Anyone knows whats the real deal? I don't know how to apply my bonuses :(

Here is how you calculate the bonus on the reduction style bonuses:

.9 * .95 * .95 * .95 = .7716375
1 - .7716375 = .2283625 = ~23% rounded to the nearest whole percent.

As far as buying the building goes, the only bonus that applies there is the Cement Factory. That's why the initial building cost was only 10% less than the base price. I have no idea why the initial cost was 3 cash less than 90million cash but it is probably some rounding issue. It was the same for me as well.

X-BASS
09-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Wow!! That really explains it all, VERY BIG THANKS!!!

elangomatt
09-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Wow!! That really explains it all, VERY BIG THANKS!!!

You're welcome! See, despite what some people say Gree math = real math at least sometimes. I haven't figured out how they combing the various bonuses to get the unit type attack/defense bonuses though.

Highland Cam
09-11-2014, 02:57 PM
You're welcome! See, despite what some people say Gree math = real math at least sometimes. I haven't figured out how they combing the various bonuses to get the unit type attack/defense bonuses though.

The attack and defence bonuses work as follows (as displayed in profile):

(1 + Unit boost building) * (1 + [Unit boosts + Faction boosts])

where Unit boost building is the % based on the level of your boost building for that unit type
Unit boosts is the sum of all boosts attached to units e.g. if a unit has + X% Infantry Def

In the stats calc there are a few additional variables, namely Composites boost, National boost and Alliance boost.

For D the Composite boost is simply another multiplier - e.g. * (1 + Composite) at the end of above. Similarly for National boost (again just * (1 + National boost) at the end) where applicable.

For A the National boost is applied in exactly the same way as for D. Also the Alliance attack boost you have is also simply applied as another multiplier - e.g. * (1 + Alliance A) at the end of the profile equation.

Hope this makes senses...

SunWuKong
09-11-2014, 04:57 PM
elangomatt thanks for the info

elangomatt
09-12-2014, 12:09 AM
The attack and defence bonuses work as follows (as displayed in profile):

(1 + Unit boost building) * (1 + [Unit boosts + Faction boosts])

where Unit boost building is the % based on the level of your boost building for that unit type
Unit boosts is the sum of all boosts attached to units e.g. if a unit has + X% Infantry Def

In the stats calc there are a few additional variables, namely Composites boost, National boost and Alliance boost.

For D the Composite boost is simply another multiplier - e.g. * (1 + Composite) at the end of above. Similarly for National boost (again just * (1 + National boost) at the end) where applicable.

For A the National boost is applied in exactly the same way as for D. Also the Alliance attack boost you have is also simply applied as another multiplier - e.g. * (1 + Alliance A) at the end of the profile equation.

Hope this makes senses...

Wow, that is some great information! I don't think I would have figured that one out on my own no matter how long I looked at it. I knew there was a formula in there somewhere it just wasn't coming to me at all. One thing I would add to your formula would be a minus 1 at the end because that is what the number actually is on the profile page.

Now I just have to figure out which units I missed in my list of boost units since all of my numbers don't quite work out right. I'm sure I'm just missing something though since it is such a long list of units!

Highland Cam
09-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Wow, that is some great information! I don't think I would have figured that one out on my own no matter how long I looked at it. I knew there was a formula in there somewhere it just wasn't coming to me at all. One thing I would add to your formula would be a minus 1 at the end because that is what the number actually is on the profile page.

Now I just have to figure out which units I missed in my list of boost units since all of my numbers don't quite work out right. I'm sure I'm just missing something though since it is such a long list of units!

Good point on the minus 1. Also I guess I should say, for completeness, you should also multiply by 100 to convert to %.

I've got a spreadsheet that calculates stats based on inventory which gets pretty close (not 100% correct but within few %) so fairly confident that the boosts work as described (although can't say for sure how Gree round their numbers). Very easy to miss a boost unit given the ridiculous amount of useless units most ppl have amassed by now...

elangomatt
09-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Good point on the minus 1. Also I guess I should say, for completeness, you should also multiply by 100 to convert to %.

I've got a spreadsheet that calculates stats based on inventory which gets pretty close (not 100% correct but within few %) so fairly confident that the boosts work as described (although can't say for sure how Gree round their numbers). Very easy to miss a boost unit given the ridiculous amount of useless units most ppl have amassed by now...

Yeah the multiply by 100 thing is good for completeness but lets face it, if someone is going down this road then they are probably good enough at math that the conversion to % should be automatic!

In this part of my spreadsheet, I'm only tracking the bonuses themselves not the unit stats and with your help I've gotten all the bonuses calculated in my spreadsheet to 100% match what is on my profile bonuses list. I suppose calculating my active army stats is the next logical step but I just don't know if I want to go down that road. I might consider it at least with the new inventory screen though. Before that got improved I wouldn't have wanted to even attempt to keep track of my active army.

Highland Cam
09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Before that got improved I wouldn't have wanted to even attempt to keep track of my active army.

It was an absolute pain in the arse to set up so wouldn't advise it!! Although as you say with the new inventory sorting it makes things a lot easier.

Feel free to PM me if you want a copy of mine (although it isn't the most user-friendly!)

X-BASS
09-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks everybody for all the great info ;)