PDA

View Full Version : Tadaaah...cleanse the forum

Evil Mastermind
09-10-2014, 09:42 AM
The forum is no longer a nice place. It has become nothing more than a wall of complaints and has been for long time. I suspect at any given time there is only one or two posts on front page that aren't complaints.

Behavior can be modified through conditioning. Pavlov proved this a long time ago. I would suggest that you and other Mods spend about a month fully monitoring forum and just delete every complaint thread as they pop up. It will take some focus and dedication but could turn things around.

Don't respond to thread just delete it as soon as it's posted. People will eventually realize this isn't a complaint department and leave, or modify the nature of their posts.

Good luck.
EM.

Bndawgs
09-10-2014, 09:46 AM
I've actually been tempted for quite awhile to start one thread to end all threads about complaining. Instead of starting a new thread, people could just post in there what they wanted to cry about at that particular time.

altere
09-10-2014, 09:58 AM
I've actually been tempted for quite awhile to start one thread to end all threads about complaining. Instead of starting a new thread, people could just post in there what they wanted to cry about at that particular time.

That would never work, people tend to start new threads to get more attention to it. It would be more beneficial to have Gree create a "Complaints & Suggestions" forum for each game where people can go. And obviously those not wanting to see those threads don't have to click on that forum. This itself won't stop people from posting complaints in General though, but then Gree should moderate the forums and move them to the appropriate forum.

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-10-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm just a dummy about this great game.
Naw, I just don't care what happens, never did.
But, the people who complain seem to have valid concerns.
When mass deletions began to occur in the past, it only generated more complaints.
Frankly, what Gree does has no impact on me.
So, delete away, ignore away, my wretched, impoverished, pathetic life will remain just that; wretched, impoverished, and pathetic.

My last comment: MODS don't like it (on this forum) when you call them out, just saying.

DRR_Deng
09-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Just a idea here... maybe they should do something about complains in a helpfull way not by simply ignoring or as you suggest deleting threads

Auspex
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Maybe we should focus on Trolls instead of complainers?

OR....

fix issues so there are no complaints?...

Just saying...

hubsy
09-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Just a idea here... maybe they should do something about complains in a helpfull way not by simply ignoring or as you suggest deleting threads

A novel idea. Fix the problems and the complaints will be reduced to a minimum.

Evil Mastermind
09-10-2014, 06:34 PM
DRR... I understand your position but that is what the little help button is for in the game. You send a ticket and see what happens. Granted I would like to say that you will get resolution by that method but you may not. However , your chances of getting an answer from that is much more likely than getting any type of resolution here.

As I said before, this is a forum for discussion, not a complaint department.

Dirty Mind
09-10-2014, 06:59 PM
This thread is stupid

mreilly
09-10-2014, 07:01 PM
Can this idiot op be the first to get banned. Since when was this forum a nice place? Was there ever a time that it wasnt full of complaints?

Evil Mastermind
09-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Can this idiot op be the first to get banned. Since when was this forum a nice place? Was there ever a time that it wasnt full of complaints?

Yes, there was a time. Apparently, you weren't here during those days. But since you are the one in violation of the TOS with your post, I might would suggest it be you that gets removed first.

Dirty Mind
09-10-2014, 07:13 PM
The forum is no longer a nice place. It has become nothing more than a wall of complaints and has been for long time. I suspect at any given time there is only one or two posts on front page that aren't complaints.

Behavior can be modified through conditioning. Pavlov proved this a long time ago. I would suggest that you and other Mods spend about a month fully monitoring forum and just delete every complaint thread as they pop up. It will take some focus and dedication but could turn things around.

Don't respond to thread just delete it as soon as it's posted. People will eventually realize this isn't a complaint department and leave, or modify the nature of their posts.

Good luck.
EM.

"This is a great idea"
Signed
George Orwell

SunWuKong
09-10-2014, 08:14 PM
i dont see the point of this thread

Robespierre
09-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Good luck.
EM.

Maybe you could take a page out of this dude's cleansing plan:

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2012/05/mladic-310x415.jpg

Would be a great way to "cleanse the forum" of the people or content you disagree with.

This thread this gets an honorable mention in the "junior genocidal maniac in training" category.....now go cleanse yourself EM.

pick_sax
09-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Disagree, for at least one reason.

The tickets are close, but the issues are not fixed. There are some bugs out there which are over 2 years old. Next brief case event just watch your case count when you get a sorry, try again. You case counts is not decremented.

I submitted the ticket 2 years ago, it was closed, and it still isn't fixed.

so tickets are just bs! The ios energy issue. Over a year. Wonder if any open tickets on it? At last check it's still glitching.

So many reported issues, closed tickets, and no fixes.

DRR... I understand your position but that is what the little help button is for in the game. You send a ticket and see what happens. Granted I would like to say that you will get resolution by that method but you may not. However , your chances of getting an answer from that is much more likely than getting any type of resolution here.

As I said before, this is a forum for discussion, not a complaint department.

danman_085
09-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Disagree, for at least one reason.

The tickets are close, but the issues are not fixed. There are some bugs out there which are over 2 years old. Next brief case event just watch your case count when you get a sorry, try again. You case counts is not decremented.

I submitted the ticket 2 years ago, it was closed, and it still isn't fixed.

so tickets are just bs! The ios energy issue. Over a year. Wonder if any open tickets on it? At last check it's still glitching.

So many reported issues, closed tickets, and no fixes.

If the case did NOT open, why would the case count be decreased? The case didn't open so the count should remain the same. The case does not get discarded just because it didn't open.

ScrewThis
09-10-2014, 11:49 PM
...of a post complaining that complaint posts should be deleted.

You're either a complete moron or have a brilliant wit. Either way, it made my day.

Tee
09-10-2014, 11:52 PM
^ What he said.

Evil Mastermind
09-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I find it amusing that the majority of people who posted in response to my thread are the very ones cluttering up the forum with useless garbage and drivel.

Thank you all for proving my point!

KingDante!
09-11-2014, 04:55 AM
I visit this forum about once a month now, just to see if anything has changed...

Nope lol

KingDante!
09-11-2014, 04:57 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/c0fcp.jpg

Evil Mastermind
09-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Maybe all of you are correct. The forum is fine the way it is currently. Whiners and complainers are lot of fun to be around. keep it going. The rest of those still lingering around here are just trolls on a feeding frenzy (as evidenced numerous times in this thread). What I find funny is they actually THINK they are witty and entertaining. Really they just need to grow up. I guess Danimal and LarryJ are the only helpful ones left.

Happy Moaning, Whining and Trolling!

Tadaaah
09-11-2014, 10:16 AM
While it would be lovely if all threads (even those stating complaints) were worded in a constructive manner, we won't be removing all threads. You may see us start cracking down on the name calling and language. The forums are a place for open discussion. We are aware that means we'll receive some negative comments. If these stay constructive, they will remain. Hopefully, we'll start to see more positive threads as well.

Also, moving to Off-Topic as this does not relate to gameplay.

Arctic Redleg
09-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Love the ten post rule before you can start a thread...this is number 4 so just ignore me.

big-dawg
09-11-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm done complaining and providing feedback as is a number of my other top 25 mates. Actually we are done with gree completely and based on the groups I am in, it appears to be happening more and more. I will no longer play any game with a gree logo. Lesson learned. Please boot me from this forum now. Happy gaming

Mr Prezident
09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Can we post suggestions or are they labelled as complaints aswel ? :)

wilderman
09-12-2014, 07:11 AM
If all complaint threads were deleted, it would include this one. Just sayin'.