PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Leader Position

WTG Syndicate (624475065)
09-10-2014, 05:03 AM
A quick poll to see what support there is to create a deputy leader position. This position can do anything the leader can do except boot or change the leader. lets see what support this gets and see if Gree will implement the change.

Babytway
09-10-2014, 10:27 AM
supported. xxxxxxxx

Camper
09-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Great Idea.

Vile Lynn
09-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Sure, why not?

It doesn't seem too hard for two players to switch being the leader, but it is apparently.

Kitty McPurr
09-10-2014, 10:43 AM
To be clear...the position should be able to boot members, just not boot the leader. Your wording was a little confusing.

Beamer 420
09-10-2014, 11:46 AM
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94796-First-Officer ......sounds familiar

sister morphine
09-10-2014, 01:41 PM
To be clear...the position should be able to boot members, just not boot the leader. Your wording was a little confusing.
I'm in support of a deputy position but don't think they should be able to boot anyone. The deputy should be there to cover for the leader but not be strong enough to launch any kind of takeover bid by booting supporters of the leader and bringing their own frends in.

Kitty McPurr
09-10-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm in support of a deputy position but don't think they should be able to boot anyone. The deputy should be there to cover for the leader but not be strong enough to launch any kind of takeover bid by booting supporters of the leader and bringing their own frends in.

As Leader why would you promote somebody that you don't trust enough to not run a mutiny?

Im Jahova
09-10-2014, 02:35 PM
There's no point in a deputy leader.

Kitty McPurr
09-10-2014, 03:04 PM
There's no point in a deputy leader.

Since it would be an 'option' to promote somebody to the position or not, you wouldn't need to use it. Meanwhile most of us actually do have want this and would use it.

Nighteg
09-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Deputy needs an option to boot people. That's one of the main reason why deputies are needed.

09-10-2014, 03:32 PM
to clarify, the deputy in my view is there to do everything the leader can do including boot people. The only thing they should NOT be able to do is boot or demote the leader.

Saskyboy83
09-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Great idea! Deputy leader should have same capabilities basically as leader does

huff-n-puff
09-11-2014, 02:54 AM
This would be great!

The Toe
09-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Any player with the name "The Toe" should be given the option to boot people. That would fix most of my issues!

sister morphine
09-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Any player with the name "The Toe" should be given the option to boot people. That would fix most of my issues!
But being deputy would mean your lending a hand to the leader - against every fibre of your being! :)

Captain Torgue
09-11-2014, 04:37 AM
NO!!!!

locked / closed

The Toe
09-11-2014, 04:54 AM
But being deputy would mean your lending a hand to the leader - against every fibre of your being! :)

OUCH! That's just ugly..... Hands I have an issue with since they often contain my arch enemy "The Finger".........

Weasel
09-11-2014, 06:10 AM
Gree, the only reason people suddenly think they need a deputy leader position is to make syndicate jumping for raid boss easier.

If we get a deputy leader position could we also double the health of raid bosses? Obviously Gree was right all along that people want each raid boss to be tougher than the last.

09-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Weasel, if you look at my other posts, you will see that I do not like syndicate jumping and would prefer the syndicates to be locked during the bosses. Not popular but my oh well, we can not all agree.

sister morphine
09-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Gree, the only reason people suddenly think they need a deputy leader position is to make syndicate jumping for raid boss easier.

If we get a deputy leader position could we also double the health of raid bosses? Obviously Gree was right all along that people want each raid boss to be tougher than the last.
Lol, you don't need a deputy for that. Just a good team of dedicated officers to coordinate and keep things moving along.

When jumping began it was more the strongest players doing it in order to farm rare prizes after finishing the event. Now it's even well run syndicates finding they have to help each other over the line. Collaborating reduces the overall gold cost for both groups. Is that the objection; are you a Gree bean counter? ;)

Weasel
09-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I am aware a deputy is not required for making the jumping process possible. It is required to help make it easier though, as only a syndicate leader currently has the ability to boot people. Having a deputy would allow shared responsibility of quickly removing people who've done their part, which means you have the possibility of more people going in and out in the same time frame.

I don't really care about jumping, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or even support it. People want to complain about how the boss health increases drastically each round, fine, but they need not wonder why that is the case. Anything that makes the jumping strategy easier or faster will result in greater health increases, something that is quite obviously not what the majority of players want.

09-11-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't really care about jumping, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or even support it. People want to complain about how the boss health increases drastically each round, fine, but they need not wonder why that is the case. Anything that makes the jumping strategy easier or faster will result in greater health increases, something that is quite obviously not what the majority of players want.

Add the deputy leader and lock syndicates during boss events at the same time..... solved

Weasel
09-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeah, because that wouldn't create any problems that do not currently exist.

In 18+ months of syndicates only now is there a vocal demand for a deputy leader position. It's no coincidence that this request is being made at the same time as a lot of people are stating their frustration and dissatisfaction with significant increases to raid boss health.

09-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Bottom line, I hate the amount of health the RB takes, my team cant take a lvl 95 or 100 but we also don't believe in the jumping either. You are in a team so support the team you are in. We focused on getting the normal prize and then on getting the individual goals for as many of the team as we could (several got them). I think the deputy leader position is very much being confused with the RB event and is not why I put this poll up, I believe it would be a great way for the teams to be organised and ran.

The Hammr
09-11-2014, 09:21 PM
The issue of whether this deputy can boot or not can be resolved easily. Only allow the deputy to boot non officers. And do not give the deputy the option to promote/demote.

It would be nice to have someone other than the leader have the ability to build hideouts.

sister morphine
09-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah, because that wouldn't create any problems that do not currently exist.

In 18+ months of syndicates only now is there a vocal demand for a deputy leader position. It's no coincidence that this request is being made at the same time as a lot of people are stating their frustration and dissatisfaction with significant increases to raid boss health.
It's been claimed twice on the forum that TAW finish the entire raid boss event in under half a day. If true I can't imagine how much gold it takes them to do that in 1/10th of the time available (or why they'd choose to do it so fast for that matter) but the increases in health are almost certainly about keeping them spending the same amount or more on the event each cycle. Jumping has existed since the very first RB.

Requests for a deputy leader have got more vocal recently, but they're certainly not new.

Chris Boa
09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
It's been claimed twice on the forum that TAW finish the entire raid boss event in under half a day. If true I can't imagine how much gold it takes them to do that in 1/10th of the time available (or why they'd choose to do it so fast for that matter) but the increases in health are almost certainly about keeping them spending the same amount or more on the event each cycle. Jumping has existed since the very first RB.

Requests for a deputy leader have got more vocal recently, but they're certainly not new.

A little intuitive voice in the back of my head says not as much gold as I first thought

I voted no for deputies, there's plenty to fix first that's a bigger priority imo

jbplaya101
09-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Ya good idea

GucciMane
09-14-2014, 09:43 AM
This is good for teams with European or Australian leaders. Signed.

Joe bananas
09-16-2014, 03:42 AM
Another Aussie here. Yes great idea!!
You need to be able to pass the title on to another officer too.

Sticker
09-16-2014, 05:12 AM
It would also be beneficial if the leader has a problem with their phone or some other emergency that needs taken care of without time to post status. I agree with the post about 24 hour coverage (US/Euro). It just makes sense.

Captain Torgue
09-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Another Aussie here. Yes great idea!!

I'm surprised your people even have internet.