PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Road(expert)

Bayu
09-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Hey folks!

Need some advice on this mission!!

I got 2 x reaping truth,
1x Rare rocket squad,
2x hastatus sniper,
1x zhang's march,
1x hippocampus,
1x sagitarius,
1x xevioso,
1x Theseus.
All maxed out.

I do have alot of random Rares/Super rares, but they are all 20/20 or 30/30.

Thanks in Advance!!

lionheart555
09-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Hey folks!

Need some advice on this mission!!

I got 2 x reaping truth,
1x Rare rocket squad,
2x hastatus sniper,
1x zhang's march,
1x hippocampus,
1x sagitarius,
1x xevioso,
1x Theseus.
All maxed out.

I do have alot of random Rares/Super rares, but they are all 20/20 or 30/30.

Thanks in Advance!!

The problem in this level is the choppers and the Pegasus. You need to spam rocket squads and maybe that saggitarrius to take it out. Your zhangs march can be thrown in front to protect your long distance anti air troops.

You might want to throw the zhangs with other tanks to protect it from their ground stuff too.

I beat this level with Revolution's Purity (40), Orontes (40), and Maxed Jannissary (and then spamming hasdrubal, sniper, and sickle) on the side.

The main points of my team were the jannissary protecting my vehicles that basically ****d their air force. The other units just helped chip away at incoming enemy light vehicles and tanks.

KillerKumaClone
09-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Sorry, this may not belong here but GREE won't let me make a new thread yet...

I can't even get past the non-expert Peak Idaho event with a level 85 player. The Pegasus just flatten me every time. I've got an Ataturk III so I really know how tough these copters can be. The sheer number of them is overwhelming.

I've tried using UC Theseus plus either UC Kadri or UC Torpal (All maxed.) I just can't seem to bring down enough of these copters.

I gave up on meat-based troops a long time ago. They die so easily.

My current go-to deploy is:
R Pokryshkin AH
UC Kemal Squad
UC Theseus
UC Trotsky MBT
UC Cerberus
SR Ataturk III
(All maxed - except Ataturk III which is 30/30). *for most of this invasion I've been using a maxed UC ROC in place of my Ataturk III for the event bonus.

This has been devastatingly effective in PvP. But I can't get past this Invasion level.

Advice?

Alliance: Gurkorna1337 (http://forums.gree.net/group.php?groupid=808)
Leader: KillerKuma
Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.

Bloodanguts
09-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry, this may not belong here but GREE won't let me make a new thread yet...

I can't even get past the non-expert Peak Idaho event with a level 85 player. The Pegasus just flatten me every time. I've got an Ataturk III so I really know how tough these copters can be. The sheer number of them is overwhelming.

I've tried using UC Theseus plus either UC Kadri or UC Torpal (All maxed.) I just can't seem to bring down enough of these copters.

I gave up on meat-based troops a long time ago. They die so easily.

My current go-to deploy is:
R Pokryshkin AH
UC Kemal Squad
UC Theseus
UC Trotsky MBT
UC Cerberus
SR Ataturk III
(All maxed)

This has been devastatingly effective in PvP. But I can't get past this Invasion level.

Advice?

You say that you've given up on the meat based troops, that's your problem. Infantry are a great way to buy the time you need to take down those heavy hitters. Use a cheap rocket squad as cover fire for your Thesus. That means they lead the charge with your Thesus bringing up the rear. While the weak ass Pegasus is busy shooting your meat shield you drill him with a missile from your Thesus. It only takes one missile from a fully maxed thesus to take down a low level Pegasus. Your still basically new at level 85. It's gonna take time to learn what works and what doesn't. I think your major problem is tactics, you dont need fully maxed UR units to beat 90% of the missions! battles and versus oppenants out there. If you really have a fully maxed Ataturk, I have no idea why you can't beat this battle.

Bloodanguts
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM
I beat Rockies Road, greatest battle i ever played. I found artillary to be the tiçket. I used a jannisary, Zhangs March, hydra, selim, countermeasure, Sagattarius. Once the artillary gets a foothold, that's all she wrote. While the enemy is buzy pounding their heads against the Jannisary and Zhangs March you can rain down death from above with the hydras and selims. Just don't forget to add the anti air units.

KillerKumaClone
09-11-2014, 07:57 PM
You say that you've given up on the meat based troops, that's your problem. Infantry are a great way to buy the time you need to take down those heavy hitters. Use a cheap rocket squad as cover fire for your Thesus. That means they lead the charge with your Thesus bringing up the rear. While the weak ass Pegasus is busy shooting your meat shield you drill him with a missile from your Thesus. It only takes one missile from a fully maxed thesus to take down a low level Pegasus. Your still basically new at level 85. It's gonna take time to learn what works and what doesn't. I think your major problem is tactics, you dont need fully maxed UR units to beat 90% of the missions! battles and versus oppenants out there. If you really have a fully maxed Ataturk, I have no idea why you can't beat this battle.

I think I made some presumptions based on early results with the common infantry. I found early in the game ditching them gave me a major advantage over my opponents. I found that more tanks, anti-air and air power seemed to stretch farther. I guess I've reached the limit of that tactic.

The Kemal squad is about the same cost as the rocket troopers. And it's decent against some air power. But in this case not so much.

KillerKumaClone
09-13-2014, 06:40 AM
I beat Peak Idaho finally.

With:
R Enforcer (48/50)
R Pokryshkin AH (50/50)
UC Kemal Squad (40/40)
UC Theseus (40/40)
UC Trotsky MBT (40/40)
UC Cerberus (40/40)

Swapping out my Ataturk III for the Enforcer proved to be the answer. My 30/30 SR Ataturk III was proving no match for the Pegasus. That Pegasus is damned tough.

Obamallama
09-13-2014, 03:33 PM
I beat Peak Idaho finally.

With:
R Enforcer (48/50)
R Pokryshkin AH (50/50)
UC Kemal Squad (40/40)
UC Theseus (40/40)
UC Trotsky MBT (40/40)
UC Cerberus (40/40)

Swapping out my Ataturk III for the Enforcer proved to be the answer. My 30/30 SR Ataturk III was proving no match for the Pegasus. That Pegasus is damned tough.

*is waiting for someone to mention range*

KillerKumaClone
09-16-2014, 12:48 AM
*is waiting for someone to mention range*

Range is certainly a consideration. But so is toughness.

I have one rare unit I was really excited to try out (forget the name) it was incredible on range, speed and damage. Though it had an extremely low defence. It's overall rating was quite high though. So I thought the trade off might be worthwhile. But when I fielded this unit, it was absolute rubbish! It couldn't get more than 1 shot off (and much of the time not even that 1) before it got vaporized.

I would argue that the most vital stat in this game's current balance is defence. The longer it lasts on the battle field, the more it slows your opponent and the more time it has to weaken or destroy his units.

Obamallama
09-16-2014, 12:59 AM
There is No one most important stat and I don't think It's defence. A common anti air that lots of people are using because of the recent event that gave the Sagittarius. I'm pretty sure my one has 25000 attack at level 50? It had average range (for an anti air) and the amazing defence of 4000. If it was an infantry then that would be amazing but It's a tank Which 90% of units are effective vs so it is the definition of a glass cannon.

Granted It's horrible defence it cleared the sky of 3 Pegasuses in about 2.5 seconds.

Your team definitely needs defence but you need balancing.

KillerKumaClone
09-16-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm not saying defence in total exclusion of everything else. You have to be able to do some damage too.

I avoid tanks that say "fast and balanced." I choose and favour units which say "difficult to destroy." I find the combo of slowing my opponents advance as they chip away at these tough units and the return damage from those units (and all my other units) is what wins me the day again and again.

Generally speaking, if a unit can't take a couple hits, it's got no place in my army!

Obamallama: I wish I'd managed to snag a Sagitarius. Yes, the range keeps them far enough out of harms way they can deliver their punch. So I do see your argument that it depends on the unit you're evaluating.

Obamallama
09-16-2014, 04:04 AM
I'm not saying defence in total exclusion of everything else. You have to be able to do some damage too.

I avoid tanks that say "fast and balanced." I choose and favour units which say "difficult to destroy." I find the combo of slowing my opponents advance as they chip away at these tough units and the return damage from those units (and all my other units) is what wins me the day again and again.

Generally speaking, if a unit can't take a couple hits, it's got no place in my army!

Obamallama: I wish I'd managed to snag a Sagitarius. Yes, the range keeps them far enough out of harms way they can deliver their punch. So I do see your argument that it depends on the unit you're evaluating.

I see what You're saying too. You need a unit for defence. Mine is the zhangs March Which has a whopping 16k defence but when it comes down to a fight if It's alone it will usually loose because it can't destroy units fast enough. Sure it can take 8 shots but it allows units to deal those 8 shots.

One of my old favorite units was the danyabanko liberator Which had 8000 attack at level 20 but had 700 defence. One hitted by basically everything but it is cheap to deploy and fast. If it survives a second then It'll destroy everything. Really low recharge too so you can churn them out. High durability units usually have higher costs and longer recharge Which make up for the longer time that they are in battle.

It comes down to mixing your team correctly. You need a durable tank but you also need a power house to dish the damage

KillerKumaClone
09-16-2014, 06:48 AM
... danyabanko liberator Which had 8000 attack at level 20 but had 700 defence. One hitted by basically everything but it is cheap to deploy and fast. If it survives a second then It'll destroy everything. Really low recharge too so you can churn them out...

That's the one! The one I tried but it never seemed to live to do any damage! Thing drove me nuts. You know I think I may have deployed it wrong though. I was deploying it as a starter. When it should really probably be in the back of the main pack. Thereby gaining some protection. Silly thing is so fast though that it charges right out front. It would probably be a much better unit if it was slower!

I'll play with it some more. But my base lineup right now is pretty tough and packs a massive punch. I'm quite happy with it, so I haven't been messing around with it much.

Obamallama
09-16-2014, 01:41 PM
That's the one! The one I tried but it never seemed to live to do any damage! Thing drove me nuts. You know I think I may have deployed it wrong though. I was deploying it as a starter. When it should really probably be in the back of the main pack. Thereby gaining some protection. Silly thing is so fast though that it charges right out front. It would probably be a much better unit if it was slower!

I'll play with it some more. But my base lineup right now is pretty tough and packs a massive punch. I'm quite happy with it, so I haven't been messing around with it much.

The way that I've found to use it is to have the enemy target a really durable slow unit and then quickly throw the liberator into the fight and it will quickly destroy everything because units don't change target until It's destroyed