PDA

View Full Version : Best way to determine top ~3000 units

MajikUF
09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Has anyone come up with a good way to try and help determine top 3000 units? When we had the old frontline, that was pretty nice to see which units were being used. The new inventory option is nice, but still isn't quite enough.

I normally wouldn't care but I just bought 50 of the 22,000/28,000 sea units and my defense didn't budge. I have a real hard time believing that my defense (which isn't even at 300m yet) wouldn't gain anything. (Especially when my attack which is over 400m did go up)

Confused....

menmylac
09-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Who cares!

williswho
09-06-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm in a top 75 faction and needed approx 2200 growlers to max stats. Maybe you need to force close and check stats again.

Pidgeot
09-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Agreed, I would like to know as well.

MajikUF
09-06-2014, 11:05 PM
I reloaded, I attacked someone, I waited until someone attacked me. No changes.

And to menmylac, go troll somewhere else. It now smells like vinegar and water in here.

Cuombajj
09-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Are you on iOS? I'm on droid. I remember buying old valor units, then checking the increase in stats, and it was pretty accurate to tell me the power of the unit I replaced. For example you buy 28k def unit and your def goes up by 20k, that means you replaced 8k unit. OFC it's not that easy with all the bonuses in place. Where weaker unit may make it into the army, because of the bonus.

I would try to buy 1 unit, calculate an exact amount of increase and try to figure it out with a calculator :) But on your problem that you don't get an increase, I don't know... It might be a glitch or you may have maxed the def ships.

Is your ship defense the biggest one of others? If not, that 28k def might be overridden by 24k def of a ground unit.

Pidgeot
09-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Every air growler I buy is 62,720 attack and 94,500 defense. Hard to check with everything, considering alliance attack as well, not including other boost and weaker units making it in. Its too much to keep track of. Its far better for them to make a army button as well that tells us what we attack and defend with, even more so with ally boost. I take 3072 units to battle.

EZfodder
09-07-2014, 02:35 AM
It would be nice to see the weakest unit in the army so you could figure out what is worth going for

SaB Leader
09-07-2014, 03:41 AM
Guys this is my theory. (If your not losing it your not using it). Only buy units you lose and higher, if you don't lose it then it's not in your fighting army. Hope this helps.

Jaded Fusion
09-07-2014, 04:15 AM
Well its not hard to calculate what the increase should be...
(unit*unit boost)*alliance%=x

After that cuombajj is correct. For the easiest way to determine what your lowest unit attack stat is.

BobEponge
09-07-2014, 05:05 AM

After that cuombajj is correct. For the easiest way to determine what your lowest unit attack stat is.

or Gree work little bit and it's more easy for all

Rolinz
09-07-2014, 06:29 AM
Knowing your top 3000 units you take into battle would complete the "Inventory" improvement they did.

It would help greatly in deciding what units to buy.

Maybe one of the Developers or Community Managers can confirm or deny if this is one of the things that is in the works or they are even considering it.

SpikeyKit
09-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Are you on iOS? I'm on droid. I remember buying old valor units, then checking the increase in stats, and it was pretty accurate to tell me the power of the unit I replaced. For example you buy 28k def unit and your def goes up by 20k, that means you replaced 8k unit. OFC it's not that easy with all the bonuses in place. Where weaker unit may make it into the army, because of the bonus.

I would try to buy 1 unit, calculate an exact amount of increase and try to figure it out with a calculator :) But on your problem that you don't get an increase, I don't know... It might be a glitch or you may have maxed the def ships.

Is your ship defense the biggest one of others? If not, that 28k def might be overridden by 24k def of a ground unit.

We would assume that you would be watching raw stats. This is impossible. I just brought some lightweight units 8700 attack and only 50, no point holding cash when your targeted in WD. My attack went up almost 1mil

Either way you bring your best units into battle so buying the ones MajikUF did should of raised their def. But it maybe by a small amount due to other units. If you replaced all your 500 with 5000 and 5000 with 10,000 and so on the increase would be alot smaller then just buying them bigger units right up.

The only disadvantage of just the bigger units is of someone in war takes a shine to you and wipes 1/2 out. With out the weaker ones to fill the ranks you will notice your stats drop sharper.

Drakhoan
09-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Knowing your top 3000 units you take into battle would complete the "Inventory" improvement they did.

It would help greatly in deciding what units to buy.

Maybe one of the Developers or Community Managers can confirm or deny if this is one of the things that is in the works or they are even considering it.

or Gree work little bit and it's more easy for all

Has anyone come up with a good way to try and help determine top 3000 units? When we had the old frontline, that was pretty nice to see which units were being used. The new inventory option is nice, but still isn't quite enough.

I normally wouldn't care but I just bought 50 of the 22,000/28,000 sea units and my defense didn't budge. I have a real hard time believing that my defense (which isn't even at 300m yet) wouldn't gain anything. (Especially when my attack which is over 400m did go up)

Confused....

It would be nice to see the weakest unit in the army so you could figure out what is worth going for

Guys this is my theory. (If your not losing it your not using it). Only buy units you lose and higher, if you don't lose it then it's not in your fighting army. Hope this helps.

If anyone wants to know how to calculate this, send me a PM and we can talk. Hate to see you buy units that dont benefit your player.

MajikUF
09-07-2014, 05:19 PM
So I just purchased 50 growlers which have a smaller defense and my defense went up. I'm wondering if there is a bug that a top 3000 attack unit may not be a top 3000 defense unit and they may be biased that way.... I'm going to still pay close attention.

Jaded Fusion
09-08-2014, 02:46 AM

Why didn't anyone correct my math?

x+unit stat=y(stat increase)

MadAtWorld
09-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Perhaps the reason why they do not show you the 3k units in your army is because it uses a different set of units for different things. For instance, IRL, you wouldn't send a Navy ship to fight a battle in the middle of Russia, you would send what was needed. In MW, for attacking/raiding, your army would consist of the 3k units that have the highest attack stats. I you are attacked, your 3k units are the ones with the highest defense stats. We know they can do it, from Frontline, but I have always wondered if that was completely accurate or if it counted only attack stats for that. Idk. Either way, I purchase both the units that give me the greatest attack stat increase as well as the greatest defense stat increase.

As for the Author: if you take out all boosts, and don't consider other units, you can still see that you would have had a stat gain. The Captain Growler is 28k/25k. If your army consisted of 3k of those alone, 84m/75m. Add in your faction boosts, and the rest and you would have a maximum stats for you with cash. That is not your true maximum since you get higher units with events, but it's the maximum you can buy with cash alone until you are really high rank. I would send a ticket.

Apollo13
09-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Even if you buy 3000 of the 28,000 defense unit, you total raw defense is still 84mil. Think maybe it is the lack of defense boost units for that category. Try getting units where you have got higher defense bonuses.