PDA

View Full Version : Please Fix The Android Gold Video Issue

DevastatorX
09-06-2014, 06:10 PM
As per subject. Every time I watch a video, the thing either locks up or doesn't pay me. Or both.

How tough can it be to make this work?

Evans
09-06-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't even get a chance to watch videos. Last one I got was many weeks ago, since then has been "sorry, come back tomorrow." How hard is it to give everyone videos that work? Hear about faction mates getting over 100 free gold from videos but nothing here.

Dog bite
09-06-2014, 07:15 PM
No videos available for me on droid.
No problems with video on my iOS.

Pidgeot
09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I dont even have the option to watch gold videos.

Sparkle
09-08-2014, 11:17 AM
I posted on here several times and then I put in a ticket to Gree AND wrote to Tapjoy about zero videos for gold for months on Android. Tapjoy gave no response. Gree gave an old response about having to have the product in the videos available in your area. Most videos that we get are about apps. Some are national brand products that are available everywhere. Such a response makes no sense. Tapjoy has other videos that are supposed to give 1 gold instead of 2. I can look at these but the gold doesn't come. This is getting very old.

Tadaaah
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM
If you are receiving videos and are not being paid out, please submit a ticket to support. Thanks.

Jerle
09-08-2014, 11:24 AM
No videos available for me on droid.
No problems with video on my iOS.

This is rarely in our control. Often the offer provider does run out of videos, and it's a different pool of inventory between ios and android. It's unfortunate, but it's how the advertising industry works.

Adm. J(K96)
09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
It is your problem that there isn't even a watch video button for some android users. How do you respond to that?

wilderman
09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
I have not been getting videos on my Android device either. Ongoing issue that Greed says has been resolved. Then why aren't the videos available like they used to be?

rushabhc
09-09-2014, 11:37 AM
I dont even have the option to watch gold videos.

same here bud

zhenyu
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
receive video offer on 1 android tablet but not on my android phone. please explain for the inconsistency.

pick_sax
09-09-2014, 12:40 PM
worse: android receives no video offers via the view video's tab.

under the offers tab, very few.

relative to apple, androids opportunities for minor advancement through effort are limited.

also, on apple, the view offers tab often redirect you to a web site. aside from the fact that i dont want to go to a web site, and you can't tell just by looking which will or wont, it requires restarting the game when done.

so, again pushing those on cellular to bump up against the surge more then desired.

hubsy
09-09-2014, 12:40 PM
This is rarely in our control. Often the offer provider does run out of videos, and it's a different pool of inventory between ios and android. It's unfortunate, but it's how the advertising industry works.

It's totally within your control when several of us don't even have the option available to us anymore. Instead of coming on here and picking a fight with the reason you still have a job why don't you do your job and actually fix the problems we are having. Remember, we pay your salary!!!

Adm. J(K96)
09-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Yup. They'll spout meaningless nonsense all day long, but ask them something of importance and they are nowhere to be found.

What?
09-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Weird, the other day, I think it was the day before the epic boss event ended, I was able to get about 150 gold from videos in one sitting. I haven't been able to watch a video since, but I did get to purchase 5 refills and finish the 150 boss with a few hours to spare. This was on android.

Dumas
09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
I have accts on my android phone, and an android tablet. my Android tablet has gotten them since the update fix, but my android phone has yet to get a single video...

Haven't submitted a ticket yet, bcos I really don't think anything will get done.

And yes I try all the time on my phone especially when my tablet is getting videos for nearly 10 minutes straight. I have tried on Cellular data and WiFi, it doesn't make a difference.

SunWuKong
09-10-2014, 08:17 PM
video option always a problem with droid

iYoungblood
09-11-2014, 07:54 AM
receive video offer on 1 android tablet but not on my android phone. please explain for the inconsistency.

I'm not a Gree developer nor am I a professional programer, however, I do know some about iOS and the Android OS and I've taken some programming classes.
iOS is pretty much the same on each device & built specifically for those devices to work as desired. However, the Android OS is different on each device & is only made to be 'compatible' for a conglomerate of devices. In addition to it being an unstable program that is not made for a specific hard ware application, companies that use Andriod on their DDs (data devices) change the OS for their purposes according to how they built their DD. Also, communication companies (AT&T, Verizon) can turn on & off & hide certain features (tethering) on all devices using iOS, Android, etc.
This great variance in the Android OS invironment makes programming for that market much more complicated that the iOS market. What works on some Android DDs may not work on others.

That said, Gree has no express interest in fixing things that aren't going to increase their profit margin. This is not a player strategy game. It is a company strategy game to psych players out of their $Re.al by giving them the illusion of strategy & a glimmer of hope for advancement if they can just get a little further, which will require the purchase of gold.
The contracted allotment of videos will play on someone's DD regardless of them not playing on some other DDs, so it doesn't impact their profit margin. There are other things for Gree to direct their focus, which will increase their profit by creating a greater 'need' to spend money to improve a competitive possition in this fake strategy game.

buckshot
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
You can also send a ticket to Tapjoy if you aren't receiving your gold for watching videos. You will get a response much faster thru them

Donkey
09-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Ding ding ding. Freeeee gold....

Weird, the other day, I think it was the day before the epic boss event ended, I was able to get about 150 gold from videos in one sitting. I haven't been able to watch a video since, but I did get to purchase 5 refills and finish the 150 boss with a few hours to spare. This was on android.