PDA

View Full Version : PVP vs Frontline

MAD NUGGETT
09-06-2014, 12:42 PM
I don't know..... Am I the only one who is confused about this frontline event? Gree has finally worked most of the bugs out of it but I won't even get into that. My problem with this event is simple. It does not incorporate my game in any way that I have built for the last 3 years. All other events incorporate my profile in at least some way. The only piece somebody could argue is my IPH is factored but if you have anything over 20m IPH than it doesn't matter. That being said Frontline does not use my stats, energy, health regen or faction boosts. Nothing. What a gold suck this event is. Shouldn't these events be based on players that we all spend so much time to build? You could have a faction with all level 1 players and zero boosts and still compete. While I feel gold should always supersede but this is a little stretch. In WD, gold does not always mean victory...

Just bring back PvP where my player can be utilized for what it is. Also just add some boosts to the prizes and all will be fixed.

Nobody is allowed to disagree with this post either.

Jaded Fusion
09-06-2014, 12:48 PM
I disagree.

I believe this event was created so all walks of life could be competitive. I have a 1 million IPH but still deployed over 8000 tanks last FA. I just take it for what it is, another gree event.

MAD NUGGETT
09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
You can disagree if you only have 1 million IPH and are terrible at this game. I forgot to add that part.

Jaded Fusion
09-06-2014, 01:13 PM
You can disagree if you only have 1 million IPH and are terrible at this game. I forgot to add that part.

Haha alright I like the exception made just for me.

But then again I don't need an IPH is faction bonuses are full, my army is loaded with growlers/carriers (replaceable just by raiding), and I can obtain 8k + tanks for FA. Use the spare funny money to upgrade buildings for more funny money? Nah, I'm good.

MAD NUGGETT
09-06-2014, 01:47 PM
What good are boosts if Gree will just make events where they are all useless?

Jaded Fusion
09-06-2014, 02:00 PM
What good are boosts if Gree will just make events where they are all useless?

Create events have nothing to do with boosts or your profile you spent years building. Really there is raid boss where boosts are useless, epic boss where your entire attack stat matters, battles where everything matters, LTQs which are also non dependent on your profile and FA that takes IPH or activity to be successful at it. It's not a bad spread of events, sounds like what most people ask for are covered by them.

ElMacho
09-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I've been hoping for them to bring back the PVP tournaments as well. Especially after I dumped like 80 in stamina lol. Was one of my favorite events!!!

VileDoom
09-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Create events have nothing to do with boosts or your profile you spent years building. Really there is raid boss where boosts are useless, epic boss where your entire attack stat matters, battles where everything matters, LTQs which are also non dependent on your profile and FA that takes IPH or activity to be successful at it. It's not a bad spread of events, sounds like what most people ask for are covered by them.

^this

It's the one event that actually incorporates some strategy.

Victory99
09-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Just a question what is PvP event, sounds fun and I would like if they brang full assault back, they took it away cause people were complaining aboit dumping units in frontline what are you doing? Dumping units.I take frontline as another event, good for stats and good bonuses

Gerard Figallo
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
bring back PvP

MAD NUGGETT
09-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Just a question what is PvP event, sounds fun and I would like if they brang full assault back, they took it away cause people were complaining aboit dumping units in frontline what are you doing? Dumping units.I take frontline as another event, good for stats and good bonuses

PvP was an event that ranked you and your faction by battle point totals which you earn from attacking other players. You get more or less based on stats, level and rank..

The only issue with the event was the prizes had no boosts. Word on the street was the event was canned due to it made Gree no money. It could be easily modified if they wanted. It is also a event that can run concurrently with any other...

Victory99
09-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Thx for the explanation mad nugget sounds fun

manbeast
09-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Polls show everyone hates frontline. We would much rather have full assault back. Gree doesn't listen.

Frontline is the biggest failure of an event ever in mw. True story.

Rolinz
09-07-2014, 07:02 AM
I disagree.

I believe this event was created so all walks of life could be competitive. I have a 1 million IPH but still deployed over 8000 tanks last FA. I just take it for what it is, another gree event.

How much gold did you use to deploy 8000 units?

Redbandit
09-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Frontline is pretty cool to me its simple and has great units

Jaded Fusion
09-07-2014, 07:56 AM
How much gold did you use to deploy 8000 units?

around 6k....

MAD NUGGETT
09-07-2014, 12:35 PM
6k gold on frontline. As I said, it's a complete gold suck utilizing your character zero. Makes no sense. Anyone who likes this event is confused...

Drakhoan
09-07-2014, 01:38 PM
I don't know..... Am I the only one who is confused about this frontline event? Gree has finally worked most of the bugs out of it but I won't even get into that. My problem with this event is simple. It does not incorporate my game in any way that I have built for the last 3 years. All other events incorporate my profile in at least some way. The only piece somebody could argue is my IPH is factored but if you have anything over 20m IPH than it doesn't matter. That being said Frontline does not use my stats, energy, health regen or faction boosts. Nothing. What a gold suck this event is. Shouldn't these events be based on players that we all spend so much time to build? You could have a faction with all level 1 players and zero boosts and still compete. While I feel gold should always supersede but this is a little stretch. In WD, gold does not always mean victory...

Just bring back PvP where my player can be utilized for what it is. Also just add some boosts to the prizes and all will be fixed.

Nobody is allowed to disagree with this post either.

I've been hoping for them to bring back the PVP tournaments as well. Especially after I dumped like 80 in stamina lol.Was one of my favorite events!!!

PvP was an event that ranked you and your faction by battle point totals which you earn from attacking other players. You get more or less based on stats, level and rank..

The only issue with the event was the prizes had no boosts. Word on the street was the event was canned due to it made Gree no money. It could be easily modified if they wanted. It is also a event that can run concurrently with any other...

You all are absurdly correct, BRING BACK PVP! Some of my faction mates got chubs when PVP was running. Personally, I didn't care much for it. Would be so easy to bring it back too!

I disagree.

Wow, the cheapest you can get 8,000 tanks for would be 4,480,000,000 BIL!

Polls show everyone hates frontline. We would much rather have full assault back. Gree doesn't listen.

Frontline is the biggest failure of an event ever in mw. True story.

Complete hoggwash!

As I am one that favors FL, as well as one whom participated in the polls... EVERYONE does NOT hate FL.

Yes, bring back FA... Just add a disclaimer that says "CAUTION - Units you place on the battlefield will not be returned or refunded... Participate at YOUR own RISK". As the "theory" is they weren't making enough money and complaints were through the roof (inventory loss was self inflicted so this one makes no sense to me). They can do as little maintenance on the event as possible, lock it all down... same name, prizes (most with bonuses), everything. All they will need to do is input the start and end date.

6k gold on frontline. As I sad, complete gold suck utilizing your character zero. Makes no sense. Anyone who likes this event is confused...

I agree, 6k gold suck! However, it does utilize characters gears to IPH. I'm not at all confused about this being my favorite event.

MAD NUGGETT
09-07-2014, 03:37 PM
I agree, 6k gold suck! However, it does utilize characters gears to IPH. I'm not at all confused about this being my favorite event.[/QUOTE]

I did mention IPH plays a small roll in this event but it's minimal at best. I hear people mention FA and bringing it back. It makes more sense since it utilizes your units. I think the problem was selecting units was too slow and was a little glitched. They could tweak it. Frontline is just fa tweaked for Gree to make more money. I only play it for the prizes. I guess Gree could put out any crap event and as long as the prizes are good nobody really cares.

What do the prizes matter if they don't help you in this event? I do not want to see this as a pattern for future events etc.

local1
09-07-2014, 05:02 PM
PVP - yes - uses an aspect of the game - what stamina was for back when
FA - no - way too involved, slow, clunky - account cannibalism
FL - so, so - simplified version of FL - fix last three minutes of matches

The Pharoah
09-08-2014, 07:08 AM
I have nothing against Frontline, it's an event where you can steal wins by just showing up, a lot of the time.

BUT Gree sold Full Assault to everyone on the basis of it being a mechanism to clear their inventories of the wimpy older units that never make it into battle any more. What they forgot, of course, was that in order to win battles, dumping Light Gunners with an attack stat of 1 wasn't going to do anything at all, so players were dumping in stronger units and Full Assault ceased to do it's job.

Frontline makes no sense, not in terms of the event itself, but because you have to buy different units to use in it, which are useless to you the rest of the time. Nugget's right (feels odd to say that) - Frontline is completely divorced from the rest of the game. As I said, I'm not against it, it's a laugh, but it needs to be tied into the rest of the game somehow.

xxxfff
09-08-2014, 08:27 AM
I enjoy Frontline. I'd like to see individual regen rates tie into the game.... To many of your points on it tying into the rest of the game/cycle a bit more, i think this is a nice easy way.

MAD NUGGETT
09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
I have nothing against Frontline, it's an event where you can steal wins by just showing up, a lot of the time.

BUT Gree sold Full Assault to everyone on the basis of it being a mechanism to clear their inventories of the wimpy older units that never make it into battle any more. What they forgot, of course, was that in order to win battles, dumping Light Gunners with an attack stat of 1 wasn't going to do anything at all, so players were dumping in stronger units and Full Assault ceased to do it's job.

Frontline makes no sense, not in terms of the event itself, but because you have to buy different units to use in it, which are useless to you the rest of the time. Nugget's right (feels odd to say that) - Frontline is completely divorced from the rest of the game. As I said, I'm not against it, it's a laugh, but it needs to be tied into the rest of the game somehow.

It shouldn't feel odd to say that bro. I clearly stated in my initial post that nobody is allowed to disagree.

SSG
09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Bring back PvP. Keep FL and add FA again so Gree can make even more money!

Anyone want some damn cheese with their whine?

mwtransfer
09-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I enjoy frontline, that's pretty much the only thing I do well in MW these days besides camping. My stats are under 5m, I have practically no boosts units, my IPH is under 2m but I can still complete the FL faction and indy events with no gold spent (5 devices faction)

Rolinz
09-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I enjoy frontline, that's pretty much the only thing I do well in MW these days besides camping. My stats are under 5m, I have practically no boosts units, my IPH is under 2m but I can still complete the FL faction and indy events with no gold spent (5 devices faction)

Okay, you have a point and changed my mind and I don't hate this event as much, just barely hate it.