PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard... Broken or Intended?

Kefa
09-05-2014, 11:40 AM
In the WD leaderboard you can only see 5 teams now? Yours and the 4 below you, nothing above and nothing below those 5. I hope this is a mistake.

Suspect5
09-05-2014, 11:59 AM
yeah pretty lame, if you press the button again you see the 4 above but alot good that does

Kennetth
09-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Of course we all hope that it is an unintended mistake, but we better prepare for the worst.

MadAtWorld
09-05-2014, 01:03 PM
yeah pretty lame, if you press the button again you see the 4 above but alot good that does

I have tried that. I only see the four below no matter what I do. Hoping it is a mistake that's working on being fixed. Imagine the implications if it isn't.

Gree, it's not a good money making ploy. People spend money for a known reward. A team sitting at 151 is not going to shell our large quantities of money without knowing there is a chance they can meet the top 150 goal.

Second, if you can only see the four below you, it defeats the purpose of a leaderboard entirely. It is designed to give you a goal to aim for. Widen the competition to all teams vying for a position instead of just beating on each other. It also opens the door to unfair advantage. In the past, if you were the number 11 ranked team, you could look at the board and see where the 10th ranked team was and the contest was on. 11 would spend to chase 10, 10 would spend to stay ahead. Both could see the other. It drove the competition. If it stays where you only see below you, it gives unfair advantage to the higher ranked team. (Not mentioning any names, but if you were in 1st you can see all your competition and be completely invisible to them).

Hoping this is fixed quickly.

Tadaaah
09-05-2014, 02:03 PM
This should be fixed. Thanks for the report!

Wingman GRI
09-05-2014, 02:44 PM

Looks like its still broken. Sup wins not on top :D

Thumpr
09-05-2014, 03:01 PM

FYI looks like we can see the range in the leaderboard, but it's showing odd tiers. Were in the 300s, but saying that we're only 'x' away from the top 274. Kind of an odd tier.

Wow, I've been off here for weeks and started two threads and two more posts in a single day. Must be the humidity.