PDA

View Full Version : DATA SURGE - hide the thread, but dont fix it

pick_sax
09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
reported mid-late may, the 21'st iirc, and still not resolved.

hiding a thread in a place where folks don't often go, is not a resolution.

you are insulting the users of your product and just costing them money.

when will this be resolved?

Who dares wins
09-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Totally agree I struggle to get online even with 3G these days it's becoming a drag

sstuutss
09-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Thats the ways things are done around here.
Now we just need the 'send a ticket' post

Tadaaah
09-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Hey guys,

The thread isn't hidden. We are seeing significantly less reports on this. Please submit a ticket if you are still experiencing this.

pick_sax
09-03-2014, 03:25 PM
calling bs here. it is still happening. we are getting killed with cellular. the thread hidden is why people are not making notes in it.

and i am not putting a ticket for anything.

every ticket comes back... we are aware.

the problem is not fixed.

and that you close the ticket. it makes your managerial report of open / close tickets look better. WRONG! but better. look... we have fewer tickets, and we closed all of these. see...

thats it.

this is your ticket.

Hey guys,

The thread isn't hidden. We are seeing significantly less reports on this. Please submit a ticket if you are still experiencing this.

the BDLS
09-03-2014, 04:13 PM
calling bs here. it is still happening. we are getting killed with cellular. the thread hidden is why people are not making notes in it.

and i am not putting a ticket for anything.

every ticket comes back... we are aware.

the problem is not fixed.

and that you close the ticket. it makes your managerial report of open / close tickets look better. WRONG! but better. look... we have fewer tickets, and we closed all of these. see...

thats it.

this is your ticket.

I was originally experiencing high data usage at the time of May, but ever since they patched it, I have not been experiencing any issue with the data usage and that's Verizon. Possibly the issue is more of the user now. Maybe you're not in a wifi zone when you think you are. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you're playing a game that has to be connected to a server at all times. Maybe you need to stop complaining and figure out what you're doing wrong. Your anger-filled message is useless. This is your ticket.

pick_sax
09-03-2014, 04:38 PM
the issue is not wifi. it's cellular. you talking about wifi, proves you are clueless.

now, when, over the course of a few days, someone hits 1gb, 2gb or more on cellular, IT IS NOT FIXED!!! that is just a few days. ios nicely show the data usage, by program. and it's all mw!

i am at 1.3gb for mw alone. i am at about 6 days in the cycle. this same usage pattern CURRENTLY exists for others in my group, and has since may... with one or two short lived improvements, that disappeared, and went back to being data hogs.

posting the stupid stuff like vvvvvvv isn't the answer. gree needs to fix the problem.

I was originally experiencing high data usage at the time of May, but ever since they patched it, I have not been experiencing any issue with the data usage and that's Verizon. Possibly the issue is more of the user now. Maybe you're not in a wifi zone when you think you are. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you're playing a game that has to be connected to a server at all times. Maybe you need to stop complaining and figure out what you're doing wrong. Your anger-filled message is useless. This is your ticket.

Jaded Fusion
09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I use about 3gb data just from mw in a month. Well under my 10gb data plan.

perhaps your problem is you cell plan and playing too much.

pick_sax
09-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Jaded, you are definitely on to something there. Playing a bit too much.

That - said, I do wifi a lot and still hit that high number. Some of my guys are more dependent on cellular data.

I would have been worse off had the office not installed wifi.

We've seen, me and several guys in the faction, what appear to be.correction attempts. But something must have been wrong on the gree side. After a few days look better, things get bad again.

Gree obviously isn't saying what they are.doing. but the issue is still occurring.
And hiding this topic under announcements, instead of here, that explains the lack.of reports. I don't know about you guys, the only time I go to announcements is every 3 weeks to get the wd results.

I use about 3gb data just from mw in a month. Well under my 10gb data plan.

perhaps your problem is you cell plan and playing too much.

Blodiea
09-03-2014, 05:44 PM
3 gigs is still excessive,before the data surge started I would raid all day long and my usage would be around a gig.

Jaded Fusion
09-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Jaded, you are definitely on to something there. Playing a bit too much.

That - said, I do wifi a lot and still hit that high number. Some of my guys are more dependent on cellular data.

I would have been worse off had the office not installed wifi.

We've seen, me and several guys in the faction, what appear to be.correction attempts. But something must have been wrong on the gree side. After a few days look better, things get bad again.

Gree obviously isn't saying what they are.doing. but the issue is still occurring.
And hiding this topic under announcements, instead of here, that explains the lack.of reports. I don't know about you guys, the only time I go to announcements is every 3 weeks to get the wd results.

The next thought would be where are you on data pushes and new content releases. I'm personally always on WiFi for new data releases. I would assume these are heavy in size since they contain new images, new code, new goals etc...

and side note in on my data about 144hrs in a month.

the BDLS
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
the issue is not wifi. it's cellular. you talking about wifi, proves you are clueless.

now, when, over the course of a few days, someone hits 1gb, 2gb or more on cellular, IT IS NOT FIXED!!! that is just a few days. ios nicely show the data usage, by program. and it's all mw!

i am at 1.3gb for mw alone. i am at about 6 days in the cycle. this same usage pattern CURRENTLY exists for others in my group, and has since may... with one or two short lived improvements, that disappeared, and went back to being data hogs.

posting the stupid stuff like vvvvvvv isn't the answer. gree needs to fix the problem.

No I'm not talking about wifi, when your wifi drops, your phone or whatever device you have your eyes glued to automatically switches to your cellular data. But I think you are playing too much buddy. Spend a little more time in the real-world so you're not constantly calling your cellular provider trying to explain to them that the game you play is costing you too much money. Have a good night.

Thumpr
09-03-2014, 06:08 PM
It isn't as bad as May, but way too high in my opinion. My billing cycle is the 18th, I reset counters on all three devices on August 18th after I almost went over my plan last month - and I submitted another ticket, which was closed, and posted on the hidden thread in announcements, which was ignored.

So, since 8/18, so far the total MW data usages are: iPhone 1 - 378mb / 490mb tot, iPhone 2 - 213mb / 386mb tot and iPad - 424mb / 509mb tot.

So no, if streaming video, music, Facebook and Google total used 77% less data than MW.....not fixed. Better, but still not good. Last month I was at 95% of my 4gb data plan and you accounted for 91% of that.

HenryVIII
09-03-2014, 09:17 PM
I got a nasty email from my carrier the other day. Apparently I was in roaming and "used excessive amount of data." Subsequently my roaming data has been involuntarily turned off for 2 weeks. :-/

mwtransfer
09-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Just checked, I use 300MB per month. That's occasional use, 2-3 checks per day.

The other game I play where gowiwi means something, 32MB. That's heavy use at 7-8 times a day.

So yeah, there is inefficiency somewhere. I get that there is new units and graphics in the game, but I think you should let players chose low quality vs high quality to save bandwidth.

Mr TAS
09-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm guessing there are less complaints because people are sick of complaining. All we get told is we are aware and working on a fix. Then you claimed it was fixed when it wasn't. Still isn't.

Submit a ticket? Yeh right. Like that will do anything other than waste my time.