PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Street Assault

Tadaaah
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Hello,

We know you've already posted some feedback on the event in the Guide thread. Please go ahead and post your pros and cons here!

Let's try to include more than just about the gameplay, but also the UI, process, etc.

Remember to keep it constructive and classy. Thanks.

WTG Syndicate (624475065)
09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
UI was ok, wish the chat had ben working though, that would have been good to use.
Hour long battles are too long in this event, would have been better to have 30 minute battles
Deploy regeneration was very poor at 1 every 5 minutes
Higher value units for CC cash would be good and show that building a good IPH had a benefit other than syndicate bonuses

Perin
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Regen time was not good. Rather be rewarded more deploys / not units. Also we rather not have this event

Nighteg
09-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Hello,

We know you've already posted some feedback on the event in the Guide thread. Please go ahead and post your pros and cons here!

Let's try to include more than just about the gameplay, but also the UI, process, etc.

Remember to keep it constructive and classy. Thanks.

1) Much shorter regen times. 21 hours is beyond ridiculous. Whoever thought of that should not only be fired, but also sued.
2) Cash items should be much more expensive. Especially the top unit. (I'd say x100). No point in a top and cheaper units, if everyone can afford the top.
3) You should start the event with full deploys, not half.
4) The rewards should be deploys, not the cheap units.
5) The chat doesn't work, and frankly, it's unnecessary.
6) Regen times mods should be released. Both for SA and for RB/Epic/Wars.

Thanks.

b-w
09-02-2014, 12:09 PM
too many events in a cycle. maybe replace the short war with this but having so many is burning people out

cooch
09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Here you go Gree!

Technical Issues to fix

1. Global leaderboard or explain how those scores correlate to your syn's actual score

2. Multiple Splash screen issues
a. You cannot see splash screen of whom you are battling with unless you happen to have device on exactly at match time. Come later or not lucky but in game no splash screen. That must be corrected as many syns do not go by the 3 ltr designation.
b. The battle results splash screen rarely appears. If in game it might show up. If not in game it never shows up. More than once we contacted battle rivals and they too did not know who won. Crazy silly

3. Message board: Unreliable crashes a lot.

4. App crashes often during battle. Especially if a surge going on at end of battle by all syns. App crashes for most players in all syns plus the battle result never displays. Applies to IOS and Droid not platform specific.

5. Fix the cross event bug that reduces some players' initial deploy to 175. I don't know what was the cause as it was not due to Epic boss but that is not fair.

Game Issues to Fix or Strongly Consider

1. Regen time is ridiculous. Drop it 100 min like Boss Events or worst case current MW regen time

2. Gree made a big deal out of needing IPH for deploys. Raise the deploy costs as it was a joke. Either that or create a new deploy or change current Comet deploy to a much higher cost.

3. Cost of deploys is too high. Either leave cost of refill same and provide more deploys or drop the costs.

4. Ability to delete the non significant deploys in inventory and buy higher value deploys as they are more valuable in battles. Gold spending syns will use them

5. If you are planning to offer mods vs changes like you did in MW better to do them as soon as possible before you turn off a majority of syns/players. Not all gold players were happy with this event. Perhaps a majority were not. Look at your sales generated. Probably will be used in SLTQ and wasn't used in SA.

sAu
09-02-2014, 12:31 PM
when is free video option going to come back on droid so we can purchase the VERY HIGH GOLD deploy health

Evan1000
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
-The chat function was great! It said 'have to connect to server' all the time but when I hit 'retry' it worked. You should also add this feature to regular wars, that'd be cool.

-Deploy regen was INSANE.. and 1 gold per deploy sucked as well. I actually wouldn't mind seeing deploy regen going to 3 or 2 minutes as when you fall asleep, you wake up and no deploys were wasted, opposed to a regular war when you fall asleep and every 25 mins you sleep you waste a hit.

-Overall a pretty cool event. I refused to spend gold and my stats still went up a few mil thanks to the awesome battle prizes.

Axel66
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Matchmaking was ridiculous as in battles! My syn was matched against the top 5 and we was only just inside top 150!!
Regen 1 deploy every 5 mins?! - Really sucks!
25 gold for 25 deploys - daylight robbery!
Will Gree listen! - NO!
Will it become a regular event? - Yes because the top 10 are bankrolling Gree!
Will my syn play again? - Hell no!!
Who exactly carries out beta testing on these new events, because from where I'm standing it's not the free players or anyone from top 50 down! There is absolutely no way I would've given a thumbs up had I been testing. But then I wouldn't be selected anyway as I'm not huge gold spender, just another guy that's finding the whole Crime City experience/enjoyment disappearing faster than ever! Retirement after 2 years is on the horizon!

b-w
09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
also the down for maintenance at the end was no fun

Dandd1821
09-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Agree with the cost of the comet was ridiculously low and should have been around 60mill per 100 not 6m

I would also like to say that using overall stats to match syndicates doesn't work if iph is what this is focused around ... Shouldn't overall iph be used in matchups

Hour long battles are way too long and regen times need serious work.

Love the chat option , just wish it actually worked.

Overall id be fine if we never see street assault again....instead of stealing events to make us like mw...listen to the players....we've asked for pvp events specifically syndicate pvp and put your time and effort into making what we already have work with out bugs. Then maybe look at a new event for crime city but make it our own not a recycled event from mw or ka.

Vile Lynn
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
*deleted*

Next time you ask for feedback, try using some of it!

Vile Lynn
09-02-2014, 02:12 PM
*ignored & deleted*

Phillip99
09-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Tier prizes are stupid (mw too). You should get all prizes below. It is not fun not playing to drop rank to get the prize you want.

Fredfreddy
09-02-2014, 04:57 PM
An "empty to full" regen of deploy should be 1/min, and the regen limit should be 100, just like the other events.
Rescale the deployable units in terms of cost, only the best one was ever purchased.
Chat was great, loved cross syndicate banter, just needs to be fixed a bit.
I liked the UI, but all numbers need commas, otherwise it was very smooth and well laid out.
The main tab of the SA battle screen should have the full names of the syndicates you're currently fighting
Thanks for only allowing officers to declare, add that to war please
More clarity as to how scoring/bonuses work

plavine
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
1) make cash units stronger- no one used the 2 cheaper units
2) deploy regen time really long, longer than health/energy regen
3) chat good idea ; would like to see that in battle across all games (MW & ka specifically)
4) would like to see breakdown of each teams score in each node
5) should be able to use your cash straight from bank to purchase units : this goes for the rest of the game too.
6) wars should be 30 min

The Otter
09-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Please respond to the leaderboard issue. It blows my mind that this hasn't been addressed.

Every battle, whether a team won or lost or scored no points, that team's real total score for the whole war (displayed in upper left of event screens) was added to the current leaderboard score.

So if you fought 30 battles your score would be: 30 times what you scored in the first battle, plus 29 times what you scored in the 2nd, plus 28 times the 3rd, and so on.

Needless to say this is insane.

There's some great suggestions for tweaking the event here but until this is addressed I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Saronis
09-02-2014, 10:09 PM
don't listen to people complaining about regen time!!
if regen time was shorter then syndicates should fight every hour or so (like in regular wars) in order not to waste free deploys and it would be a differend group of people complaining that cc is a full time job anymore.
2 players quitted from my syndicate because they can't afford to play that much and we didn't fight more than once every 4-5 hours!!
Regen time is perfect, lower level syndicates can fight every 5-6 or even 10 hours without players wasting free energy so the event can be fun without push u to be active all the time.
We need LESS game not more.
btw, kudos for the event, it was fun, needed some kind of strategy and it was pressure free for most syndicates. IMO u should stop those 3 days wars. 24h war is better by far.

cooch
09-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Your point is well taken. Gree regen time did favor lower rank gold free syns. Quite a few got the elite prize. Not the same for gold syns. Encourages gold free event to get all top non rank awards

don't listen to people complaining about regen time!!
if regen time was shorter then syndicates should fight every hour or so (like in regular wars) in order not to waste free deploys and it would be a differend group of people complaining that cc is a full time job anymore.
2 players quitted from my syndicate because they can't afford to play that much and we didn't fight more than once every 4-5 hours!!
Regen time is perfect, lower level syndicates can fight every 5-6 or even 10 hours without players wasting free energy so the event can be fun without push u to be active all the time.
We need LESS game not more.
btw, kudos for the event, it was fun, needed some kind of strategy and it was pressure free for most syndicates. IMO u should stop those 3 days wars. 24h war is better by far.

Habakuk
09-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Event was just fine. Regen time is OK, when top items are that cheap. Some in our syn still couldn't buy 100 comets. I suggest adding a new item that is even stronger than comet - charge more for that. Only 1 money item and 1 gold item are not enough anyways. The first few units were ridicilously weak, I don't even count them.

On iOS, I got no splash screens. I had no idea if we won or lost in the battle I missed. That would be worth getting fixed.

I agree with the posts above: better than the one-day-war. Pls replace the 24-hour-wars with this event. More fun, more tactic needed. But all three weekend events - war, 24h-war and street-assault - are too much. It's reealy burning players out. Remember: players need jobs to buy gold ...
I appreciated it ending on Sunday btw.

Dctrbar
09-03-2014, 05:13 AM
1. Regen time was only occasionally every 5 min, other times 1,2,3,4 min, or anything in between. Never could figure out the pattern on why it would change but most of the time, I agree, it was way too long. Possibly seemed to be shorter regen as long as you had more deploys, but as u used them up, the regen time got longer??? Never made any sense.

2. A few have commented that there was strategy if u figured out how to play it. Actually, those who say that clearly didn't figure it out at all because if u did u would realize there is NO strategy. The goals do not matter (well get back to that) in the end, all that mattered was the total amount of points u scored...that's it. Doesn't matter if u win or lose a node or the entire battle, u move up the ranks. Once we figured this out, we made no attempt to do anything more than pile all of our free points (note I said free) on a single node and ignore everything else. We finished top 200 easily and only spent first 30 seconds of each match having to do anything.

3. Back to the goals don't matter part...really, win all 5 nodes and win 5 ramblers!!!! Oh gee thanks give me 5 useless units that aren't worth the deploy. Here's a thought, improve the prizes for goals and make them progressive rather than resetting every match to the same useles one. How about earning a progressive number of deploys, 25, 50, etc for each node won, and complete refill for holding all of them? Anything!

4. Overall. Get rid of SA. It sucked! There are so many ways this game (CC) could be improved, why does GREE continue to spend all it's energy on only ways to screw it up more...sorry, not completely true, after years of everyone asking, u finally came up with a sort tool for the inventory. Thank you. (Didn't want to leave on a sour note).

The Hammr
09-03-2014, 05:41 AM
This event was really just an online auction. Those who bid or spent the most won. No strategy there. At least if I bid on ebay, something I wanted shows up in the mail a few days later. Did not like this event.

TheJess
09-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Regen time was not good. Rather be rewarded more deploys / not units. Also we rather not have this event

The regen time was fine given the structure of the event. Huge kudos to Gree for giving a huge total number of deploys - 250. This required strategy for free players, or even lighter gold players to decide when and how to make deploys. It was shocking at first to see that once you used all 250 deploys, you were out, without spending more. However, once you figured it out, you saw that thinking and strategy was required for deploy management.

In summary kudos to Gree for finally providing a strategy element in a war.

IF Gree decides to increase regen time, then the total number of deploys should be reduced accordingly so that deploys are more like attacks in normal war. For example, say 20 deploys regen in an hour, and 20 max in inventory. That would parallel war regen, but also would yank deploy management out of the game.

Accordingly, I support keeping deploy management strategy as a part of SA, and request the high inventory size and low regen time remain as is.

firstaid
09-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Matching team: it's impossible for top 30 team to beat top 10 team. Either fix matching or limit an amount of deploy, specially those which you can buy with gold. I don't know how to fix it. But you have to fix it.

Tadaaah
09-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks for all the awesome feedback!

A couple questions: Looks like we may be slightly split on opinions of regen time, what if regen was dropped to say approximately 3 minutes? Would you still see the strategy in deploy time? Would this help add a couple extra?

Seeing a few Comet didn't cost enough or add another cash unit, what if it was rescaled that the bottom unit drop off the pricing and such for Comet becomes the middle tier and we add a more powerful, more expensive unit to the top of that?

Nighteg
09-03-2014, 10:29 AM

A couple questions: Looks like we may be slightly split on opinions of regen time, what if regen was dropped to say approximately 3 minutes? Would you still see the strategy in deploy time? Would this help add a couple extra?

Seeing a few Comet didn't cost enough or add another cash unit, what if it was rescaled that the bottom unit drop off the pricing and such for Comet becomes the middle tier and we add a more powerful, more expensive unit to the top of that?

Both of these are good suggestions.
1) 3 min regen is still 12.5 hours regen. Seems pretty lengthy.
2) I like the idea of making a better cash unit. Regardless, even the old units needs to be increased in price. I'd say make the Comet and the lower one x10 more expensive (60m per 100 Comets), and bring a new, stronger unit at at least x5 of what the Comet gonna cost (=300+m per 100).
Thanks.

Fredfreddy
09-03-2014, 12:16 PM

1. It should really match other event regen times. Epic Boss, War, and Raid Boss regen times are all 100 minutes to go from empty to full. To keep things consistent, I would suggest reducing the capacity of regens to 100, and making the regens 1 per minute.

2. yep, makes sense.

FrapMaster
09-03-2014, 12:52 PM
I got a suggestion. Why not try releasing an event without breaking other parts of the game in the process.

Vile Lynn
09-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Looks like we may be slightly split on opinions of regen time, what if regen was dropped to say approximately 3 minutes? Would you still see the strategy in deploy time? Would this help add a couple extra?
You're welcome! Thanks for ignoring us!

*ignored*

BrisingrBoss
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM

agree on having a better more expensive unit. also As i posted on another thread, regardless of what the top 3%-5% players that already have an IPH of over 50 mil, I still see gree making money on people purchasing regens( i spent 1k gold last event on regens) its not much i know, but it adds up. so having said that, having a better unit, consider also the fact that you want your light gold spenders to be able to buy them and use them and they will spend gold. for me the reason to spend it was the rush at the end when trying to get those 5 nodes that would get me something to brag about, or the pleasure of the victory.

Might be better if we could get something other than more units for winning 5 nodes. I see the advantage of winning those because weaker IPH players can have some good units to hit with, but imagine maybe giving out 1% or 2% on something just for getting the 5 nodes. how much gold people would spend to get it??? maybe much maybe not nuch. just a thing to consider...

ASOT
09-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Great suggestions!

I do like not having to be married all weekend to the game, so regen time is fine with me… but the 3 min suggestion is cool too.

Like the comet being the middle deploy unit. Drop low one and add a new higher more expensive one.

Since this is an IPH based war… its all about the money. In game money. So have some units that you can buy that are way up in cost. Comparable to buying with gold. Have an option to regen with in game money… not just gold. You still have the gold spenders spending, but you allow the high IPH players to use that IPH to compete with them.

cooch
09-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Tadaah:

1. I am in multiple chats with syns via Kak and GroupMe. All state want either 100 min full regen time max or what it is currently in MW worst case. That is top 10-500 syns consensus.

2. More free regen equal more frequent battles just like in War events. Gold will be used by gold syns and gold players as in war. Gold players were turned off on regen time as gold grab by Gree. I assume that meant many spent less and used gold sale for SLTQ. Plus better regen allows us to get rid of the useless lower cost/strength deploys we don't want!

3. Deploys: What people are saying whether gold use or free is no one used the weakest two deploys and bought comets or used gold deploys. Thus our deploy inventory is filled with idle useless weapons. Two alternatives pick one easiest for IT to implement.

a. Bump up current lowest deploys costs to purchase. Raise comet strength/price to purchase much higher. Gold deploy would have to be bumped in strength this way. You wouldn't need to add or eliminate deploy characters. Just rescale. Allows use of deploys offered by Gree instead of 2 of 4 to at least all cash options.

b. Create new deploys as you suggest higher in cost cost/strength but I would think that would take longer and crowd the splash screen with 5 deploys

Since players are just getting used to a new event suggest first alternative be adopted hopefully before next war. Remember Gree over emphasized cash was important in early pre announcements by CJ et al. You set cash levels for too low.

Matrx PC
09-03-2014, 03:55 PM

Event sucks

CC Wolves
09-03-2014, 03:58 PM
too many events in a cycle. maybe replace the short war with this but having so many is burning people out

I agree, too many events, there's no rest time. I'm seeing players quitting because if this from top teams.

Nighteg
09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Have an option to regen with in game money… not just gold. You still have the gold spenders spending, but you allow the high IPH players to use that IPH to compete with them.

Now that sounds awesome! Probably will never happen though :(

Cats
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Regeneration blows, starting 1/2 full so you can't ever catch up unless you spend gold is ridiculous. Strategy??. Chat, nice touch (would be nice to have during battles as well). Don't really care if we play it again for the most part. Personally not looking forward to next one.
Yes, way too many events. The events used to be mainly on weekends, you're now going 24/7 with an event of some sort. CC may be making $$ for Gree, but it'll be short lived because your burning people out enough to quit. Your greed is going to kill this game.

sharon08083
09-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I agree there are way too many events. This whole street assault was one big YAWN. I would much rather see the whole thing disappear. Hated it!!!

ablankone
09-03-2014, 08:31 PM
By asking on views - the perception that we actually WANT this game will be skewed as, in the majority of cases, you assume that what your audience seeks is improvements on it - not the deletion of it.

The majority of players do not wish to continue with this event (as per the poll in another thread). It's unlikely that you will undertake radical improvements (above and beyond the 'fixes') - so all that we will get, fundamentally, is the same thing: A blatant gold grab, little by way of entertainment or strategy, or variety of choice (weapons, 'purchase' methods, etc). This particular event is an insult to our intelligence - and makes me feel like a cash cow to be willingly milked whenever you see an opportunity.

I didn't spend on this event at all - the obvious money making angle, coupled with no fun in exchange, just made me wanna vomit.

Weasel
09-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I have nothing "nice" to say about this event, so until now I have avoided saying anything in this thread.

Here is a crazy suggestion. Scrap the deploy regen time entirely. Let the players' access to resources be their limiting factor rather than time. Gold users would probably still buy the gold units, maybe even more of them since they have some gold not being spent on "refills", and players relying on cash would have to strategically decide how to use their funds. I think this might have the added effect of adding currently non-existent value to the cheaper cash unit options.

A less crazy suggestion would be to keep the deploy regen idea, not adjust the currently insane regen rate, and add a cash or respect price tag for additional deploys. This option should be expensive though so that it doesn't devalue the option of using gold for more deploys. I think $25m/25 deploys would be a fair starting point.

Cost of the cash units this first run was too cheap. When the items are so easily affordable having more than one option just clutters the UI with unnecessary buttons to be avoided. For this reason the three cash units need to have significant price differences, and unfortunately for some players, that means the best item may not be affordable to them at this time. That does not mean the whole event breaks! Players can work on their hood economy stats just the same as they can work on their attack and defence stats. Players who don't have a strong enough attack/defence can't easily play with the top teams in any attack/defence based event, and similarly, players who do not have a strong enough income stat should not be easily competing with the strongest economies in the game in the "IPH based" Street Assault event.

The match up system was completely non functional. With the lengthy regen times, syndicates were not battling as often as they would in a Battle for Empire City event. This created a situation where the match up parameters broke down because so few syndicates were waiting for match ups at any given time. This needs to be completely reworked from the ground up before we see this event again. Matching syndicates based on overall IPH sounds like it would make sense for this event.

Apologies if I overlooked any rude or derogatory comments when proofreading.

Nighteg
09-04-2014, 04:12 AM
Here is a crazy suggestion. Scrap the deploy regen time entirely. Let the players' access to resources be their limiting factor rather than time. Gold users would probably still buy the gold units, maybe even more of them since they have some gold not being spent on "refills", and players relying on cash would have to strategically decide how to use their funds. I think this might have the added effect of adding currently non-existent value to the cheaper cash unit options.

Hey, that's crazy.... enough to be awesome!

Morgz
09-04-2014, 11:11 AM
1)
2) Cash items should be much more expensive. Especially the top unit. (I'd say x100). No point in a top and cheaper units, if everyone can afford the top.

I have no problem with making a stronger, more expensive weapon. But your claim that "everyone" can buy the current top weapon is not accurate. My main account could afford them, but my mini could not. And since the less expensive weapons / deploys were SO weak, there was no point in even playing the event with my mini's account. So, sure, by all means, make a super strong, VERY expensive weapon...but you also have to include some less expensive weapons that actually do SOME damage -- unless you just want to play only with other long time players. Leaving the newer, low iph players with no options, and you won't have them to play with / against. Not even to beat up on...which doesn't really sound like any fun anyway.

Morgz
09-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Cost of the cash units this first run was too cheap. When the items are so easily affordable having more than one option just clutters the UI with unnecessary buttons to be avoided. For this reason the three cash units need to have significant price differences, and unfortunately for some players, that means the best item may not be affordable to them at this time. That does not mean the whole event breaks! Players can work on their hood economy stats just the same as they can work on their attack and defence stats. Players who don't have a strong enough attack/defence can't easily play with the top teams in any attack/defence based event, and similarly, players who do not have a strong enough income stat should not be easily competing with the strongest economies in the game in the "IPH based" Street Assault event.

Same response to this, with more detail. Sure, the lower iph players should NOT be able to compete with the high iph players. No one suggests that. however, the top unit this last war (100 bikes for $6 mil game cash) may sound SUPER cheap to you...but to new players just starting the game -- even those who have played 2-3 months, can't play the event AT ALL. Never mind competing with the folks who have dedicated 3 years to the game. Raising the price even higher would just make the event even MORE for long time / high iph players only.

Again, I say go ahead and add a much stronger, much more expensive item. But also leave something affordable (and somewhat meaningful) for newer players too.

Weasel
09-04-2014, 11:31 AM
I have no problem with making a stronger, more expensive weapon. But your claim that "everyone" can buy the current top weapon is not accurate. My main account could afford them, but my mini could not. And since the less expensive weapons / deploys were SO weak, there was no point in even playing the event with my mini's account. So, sure, by all means, make a super strong, VERY expensive weapon...but you also have to include some less expensive weapons that actually do SOME damage -- unless you just want to play only with other long time players. Leaving the newer, low iph players with no options, and you won't have them to play with / against. Not even to beat up on...which doesn't really sound like any fun anyway.

If this event is actually supposed/meant to be an IPH event, new/low iph players should not be expecting to by default have the ability to compete with more experienced/higher iph players. As with attack and defence stats, you have to build your income stat over time (and/or with gold) if you want to compete with players that have an income stronger than yours.

The claim that "everyone" could afford the best cash unit was not meant literally. It was meant to illustrate the point that someone who makes $1 million per hour could afford the best unit and compete at the same level as someone whose income stat is fifty or even one hundred times stronger. Would people who have 100m attack/defence be happy about a decision enabling players with 1m attack/defence to compete at the same level? Why invest all the required time (and possibly real money) to build your stats if it the same results can be achieved with virtually no time or any other form of effort?

Morgz
09-04-2014, 11:32 AM
For goodness sakes, Tadaah. Learn how to moderate an internet forum. Just because people don't reply in your thread, you have to close it?

Plenty of GREAT responses in the poll thread you are to egotistical to allow to stay open. If anyone wants to read REAL opinions, both good and bad, read the thread here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?98364-Do-You-Want-Street-Assault-To-Be-A-Reoccurring-Event

Go ahead and edit or delete this post, Tadaah. I'm sure you don't agree with it either. *rolleyes*

Enjoy your thread.

Tadaaah
09-04-2014, 11:36 AM
For goodness sakes, Tadaah. Learn how to moderate an internet forum. Just because people don't reply in your thread, you have to close it?

Plenty of GREAT responses in the poll thread you are to egotistical to allow to stay open. If anyone wants to read REAL opinions, both good and bad, read the thread here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?98364-Do-You-Want-Street-Assault-To-Be-A-Reoccurring-Event

Go ahead and edit or delete this post, Tadaah. I'm sure you don't agree with it either. *rolleyes*

Enjoy your thread.

Don't worry. We are still reading the post that are in that thread as well. We are redirecting posts here to help gather as much feedback as possible in one place.

Morgz
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
If this event is actually supposed/meant to be an IPH event, new/low iph players should not be expecting to by default have the ability to compete with more experienced/higher iph players. As with attack and defence stats, you have to build your income stat over time (and/or with gold) if you want to compete with players that have an income stronger than yours.

The claim that "everyone" could afford the best cash unit was not meant literally. It was meant to illustrate the point that someone who makes $1 million per hour could afford the best unit and compete at the same level as someone whose income stat is fifty or even one hundred times stronger. Would people who have 100m attack/defence be happy about a decision enabling players with 1m attack/defence to compete at the same level? Why invest all the required time (and possibly real money) to build your stats if it the same results can be achieved with virtually no time or any other form of effort?

I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying if you raise the weapon price without leaving something meaningful for new players, you are pretty much making it an event for old timers who built their hoods. I AM that player with $1mil iph and I don't expect for a second to be able to play on the same level as someone with $20 mil iph. However, I would like to at least have the option to play. NOt compete with high iph players, just play. I started a second account 6 weeks ago, and been building it's iph, but it's still less than $100k right now. I couldn't play the event at all with that account.

Morgz
09-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Don't worry. We are still reading the post that are in that thread as well. We are redirecting posts here to help gather as much feedback as possible in one place.
You can do that by posting a link and asking people to post here. You don't have to close the entire thread. you just squashed entire conversation and a great poll.

Tadaaah
09-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

We didn't get very many reports about the issues with chat over the weekend. Can y'all give us some more details on this? Thanks!

Vile Lynn
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM
*ignored & deleted*

Vile Lynn
09-04-2014, 12:12 PM
*ignored & deleted*

Weasel
09-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Hey guys,

We didn't get very many reports about the issues with chat over the weekend. Can y'all give us some more details on this? Thanks!

The only issue I had with the chat was that it was very slow. It also seems like wasted resources for Gree. Most players who participate actively within their syndicates are already using third party chat apps and have been since syndicates were introduced to the game. As far as adding a chat feature to CC, Gree is at least 18 months too late for there to be any point in doing that now.

IMO, scrap the chat, don't waste any more resources (time, staff, etc.) on it, and reassign the individuals responsible for the chat feature to more important tasks, whatever those may be.

cooch
09-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Each event emphasizes an aspect of your game that needs improvement. Bosses based on raw stats. War based on mods and syn mods. Sltq/ltq bases on energy you have. This event forces you to improve your IPH period. If a new player and understand strategy you need to be a complete player

Gree wants as many syns to be bonus full as possible or close to it. It has been lowering IPH requirements for ltb so low IPH players can invest in ltbs for IPH and mods.

If you don't have what it takes for war, boss etc you boost your stats and move to higher syns. If you don't have IPH you build it up. You can rob as we as we all do but you can't rob yourself to get cash you need for syn and SA. Gree wants you to work on it

Same response to this, with more detail. Sure, the lower iph players should NOT be able to compete with the high iph players. No one suggests that. however, the top unit this last war (100 bikes for $6 mil game cash) may sound SUPER cheap to you...but to new players just starting the game -- even those who have played 2-3 months, can't play the event AT ALL. Never mind competing with the folks who have dedicated 3 years to the game. Raising the price even higher would just make the event even MORE for long time / high iph players only.

Again, I say go ahead and add a much stronger, much more expensive item. But also leave something affordable (and somewhat meaningful) for newer players too.

Morgz
09-04-2014, 12:43 PM
You probably didn't get many reports because players didn't care to use the chat feature... It wasn't vital.

I didn't use the chat feature because I was warned by MW players that it would likely crash the game. They were correct.

cooch
09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
1. It would not be active when you go into battle. Had to go out of event or restart app.
2. It would crash often. Sometimes both chats or just syn/group etc. No based on activity either
3. You would get a new message indicator for group or syn and no new message
4. Yes it is useful. More at beginning of battles (for peeps checking app and getting off quickly). Also at end when many syns go for last minutes deploys where jumping back and forth on 3rd party apps takes away from battles

You won't get a lot of tickets of complaints of event...most players were either feed up, dealt with problems, or knew standard response. It frankly is better to talk about generic issues on this forum via your feedback threads.

Morgz
09-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Each event emphasizes an aspect of your game that needs improvement. Bosses based on raw stats. War based on mods and syn mods. Sltq/ltq bases on energy you have. This event forces you to improve your IPH period. If a new player and understand strategy you need to be a complete player

Gree wants as many syns to be bonus full as possible or close to it. It has been lowering IPH requirements for ltb so low IPH players can invest in ltbs for IPH and mods.

If you don't have what it takes for war, boss etc you boost your stats and move to higher syns. If you don't have IPH you build it up. You can rob as we as we all do but you can't rob yourself to get cash you need for syn and SA. Gree wants you to work on it

That's all fine and correct. Again, not really the point. Of course low IPH players need to work on their IPH. Of course low stat players need to up their stats. The point I'm trying to make is to be able to play that event at all, they need to leave some less expensive weapons that have some meaning (no, not the SAME power as strong weapons, but some useful power). Otherwise, it's an event for long time players with high iph. And if the latter is the case, that's fine too...but then Gree should just say so. "this is an event designed for players who played long enough to have a high IPH". I don't think Gree wants to exclude groups of players though. And I also don't think that high IPH players want to play ONLY with other other high IPH players.

Weasel
09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
The point I'm trying to make is to be able to play that event at all, they need to leave some less expensive weapons that have some meaning (no, not the SAME power as strong weapons, but some useful power).

They do have less expensive units with some meaning. I think the issue which might be of concern to you and that you may be overlooking is the matching system. None of the less expensive units mean anything when those who can only afford the low cost units are matched against syndicates that are using only the most powerful units. In that case, it's not anyone's fault their contributions of low cost units become meaningless. It's the fact that they were matched against syndicates they had no chance of defeating to start with that makes the low cost units meaningless.

cooch
09-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Quite correct. Thx. Event is based on gold players or those that will spend gold to pay for game. If the event kills ability for lower syns as in war understand they can't make money and pay bills by making it achievable and enjoyable for free players. That's how free players become gold. Or free players learn to play within their means. Or they quit

Saw many players with lousy stats like 5-7 figure stats and IPH under 1 mill that got elite SA prize when RL was messed up. So obviously u can do well free and even with matchup system

They do have less expensive units with some meaning. I think the issue which might be of concern to you and that you may be overlooking is the matching system. None of the less expensive units mean anything
when those who can only afford the low cost units are matched against syndicates that are using only the most powerful units. In that case, it's not anyone's fault their contributions of low cost units become meaningless. It's the fact that they were matched against syndicates they had no chance of defeating to start with that makes the low cost units meaningless.

sister morphine
09-04-2014, 11:10 PM
I wish I had a vault for each time I've posted this!

Once more, there was no maintenance. It's a glitch - exit game, restart, all working again. You're welcome :)

Morgz
09-05-2014, 09:21 AM
They do have less expensive units with some meaning.
Again, I agree. My whole string of comments was in reply to Nightleg's post
" Cash items should be much more expensive. Especially the top unit. (I'd say x100). No point in a top and cheaper units, if everyone can afford the top." I took that to be a suggestion to remove the lower units, and raise the price of top units. Apologies if I misunderstood. But if that was the original intent, then I think that move would be a mistake.

I think the issue which might be of concern to you and that you may be overlooking is the matching system. None of the less expensive units mean anything when those who can only afford the low cost units are matched against syndicates that are using only the most powerful units. In that case, it's not anyone's fault their contributions of low cost units become meaningless. It's the fact that they were matched against syndicates they had no chance of defeating to start with that makes the low cost units meaningless.

And yes I totally agree with you on your point about the matching system. My main account plays in a top 100 syndicate. I can afford the top units there. However, if I could not (like in my mini's case, which is not in that syndicate). I choose to keep that mini account a lower ranked syndicate. They are matched with similar opponents, and playing the cheaper weapons does have some effect there. So in that's case it's my choice to keep that account there, where it can play. But if those lower units were completely removed from the event, or pricing raised out of range, then that account could not play at all.

Nighteg
09-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I took that to be a suggestion to remove the lower units, and raise the price of top units. Apologies if I misunderstood. But if that was the original intent, then I think that move would be a mistake.

Not sure what you mean by "remove the lower units". To leave only the Comet? I never suggested that.

Morgz
09-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I guess I miss understood your post, Nightleg. I thought you were saying to ONLY have 1 powerful unit available (meaning no other less expensive & weaker options), and to make that 1 more expensive. Sorry for the confusion.

Vile Lynn
09-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Tadaaah, there is a lot of feedback from the first SA posted above.

Could you please ask the developers asap and post info about any changes to SA before the event goes live?
If no changes, please post too.

Thanks!

Edit: No thanks for ignoring our feedback.

rotmang
09-18-2014, 02:20 PM
Well the event starts tomorow and no news about changes.!!!!!

Vile Lynn
09-19-2014, 08:50 AM
SA begins today...

:(

Weasel
09-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Gree, don't waste our time (or yours) asking for feedback. You clearly do not care what the player experience is. This event is officially NOT FUN the way you monkeys have it set up. Take it back and either toss it straight down the sh!tter or use at least one brain for a change and make the necessary improvements.

Morgz
09-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Very disappointed in the "changes"

It's now really just a tap fest. No real strategy other than who can spend more in game cash, and time their taps for last 2 minutes better. No thanks.

ohlo-00
09-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Please fix popup results after battle. I got it only 2-3 times of 10 wars(android)
Chat still problems

squared
09-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I only get pop up if I am not battling last few minutes. Which is almost always, therefore no results.

Kitty McPurr
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Not once have I ever gotten a result splash screen (android)...I have been active in almost every 'push' by my syndicate. Why does android not get results screens? Accountability and lack there of is one of the worst things about this game.

Kitty McPurr
09-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Winners lists? Any winners list?

Kitty McPurr
09-20-2014, 09:45 PM
#Results4us

Nighteg
09-21-2014, 02:13 AM
Androids also don't show individual placing. But that was there the last SA. Bugs? Feedback? Who cares! Let's release it again without fixing anything!

Pav
09-21-2014, 11:14 AM
need to sort the server problems five minutes plus to declare battles is too long.

Vile Lynn
09-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Take your feedback and shove it up your GREE! :mad:

hellfirecc
09-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Thought you want our feedback, but the event was still crap!!!!!

30min war, joke
12m for 4k units, joke
deploy speed of units, joke
deploy regen time 5min, joke

-->> as you can see, the event is a joke only!!! You should erase it.

Gileas
09-23-2014, 11:28 AM
I was not amused.

colec023
09-23-2014, 05:27 PM
I do not like this event at all. The fact that your individual stats mean nothing is not ok.

I would prefer a PvP tournament.

Morgz
09-24-2014, 07:07 AM
I do not like this event at all. The fact that your individual stats mean nothing is not ok.

I would prefer a PvP tournament.Except PVP is now pointless with the way they keep altering the rival list. Now you either have ppl with close to twice your stats that you can't touch, or ppl with half your stats, and nothing to take. They have (at least for now) completely removed the PVP aspect of the game for me.

Didpetercall
09-25-2014, 02:11 PM
I agree with what Morgz said. Ever since the rivals list crashed and they redid it...it is worthless. Either players in the 200mil+ range that I can't touch or players in the 50mil range who have awful IPH and nothing to rob 😐

Tegaaaan
09-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Overall this is a fun event but weve had it twice now, and both times the chat was rediculous and as for the regen time. The MW version of this plays so much better. Hopefully the minor issues can be fixed.