PDA

View Full Version : Month of Mayhem

Evan1000
08-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Well this certainly was a 'Month of Mayhem' to celebrate Crime City's third anniversary. Let's take a look at all the fun we had this month!

-Cake

This was a neat little gift. 30k/30k stats, a small 3% def mod, and of course 3 free energy refills and stamina refills. People were saying how this was useless as everyone got it.. not in the least true. With my modifiers this item counted onto my stats around 60k/60k, meanwhile other players have more or lesser mods. 3 energy refills was awesome, even though I'd rather have it where it fills up my near 3k energy bar, not just 1k, and 3 stamina refills are.. pretty much useless.. unless we have a pvp event coming up or I visit a *really* nice hood.

-11 hour war

Although this was probably highly unfortunate for players living in Europe, I loved this war. It gave me a chance to completely go all out and steal a much higher ranked tier way out of my league (mainly due to players either unable to participate in the event, refuse to, or refuse to spend gold). The battle prizes also got messed up, which was annoying, but hey we all got our prizes and although I would NEVER want to see this event again it was definitely 'month of mayhem' worthy.

-Raise in boss health

Month of Mayhem indeed.. 6 BILLION health on a lvl 100 boss GREE what is wrong with you. I know a Top 20 syn that almost couldn't finish, and if they had a hard time finishing.. I don't want to know how many syns actually did.

-Anniversary Anarchy LTQ

Well you certainly surprised us all with this. +1 building upgrade mod.. what I'm sure many if not all players greatly appreciated. Whatever players said about it being made useless since everyone got it.. nope. This mod will probably help middle class players the most since high IPH players have either already maxed out buildings or not enough money to run 2 expensive upgrades at once, and low IPH players have nothing to upgrade as of yet. Moving on to the normal quest.. the bank fee reduction mod you really messed up with. It stacks retardedly and it's already a somewhat useless mod.. unless you plan on coming out with more. The energy reqs were also uncalled for.. I had to use the 3 free refills you gave us PLUS 40 gold. But overall, this LTQ wasn't half bad.

-Summer Standoff Bundle Pack

This was pretty cool.. you lost gold if you bought it verse buying the regular gold packs, but you received some decent items in return and could even help your syndicate members out.

-Street Assault

And of course the icing on the cake.. what really made the Month of Mayhem a month of mayhem.. Street Assault! A new event to Crime City which overall was actually a pretty cool event. Battle prizes were MUCH better.. even if you only received the prize for one tier, and even though it was a VERY gold hungry event.. 25 gold for 25 deploys was utterly insane.. but then you don't feel the urge to buy gold and hey.. my syndicate barely spent gold and we got a great item that now looks great in our stats. Also, looking back on deploy regen time, it wasn't that bad since we didn't need to buy all that much of units and blow hundreds of millions of cash just to have half of them wasted on hitting the wrong nodes.. I only spent like 40m. And this actually was a sort of strategy based event.. you had to plan and wait on which nodes to hit and when you finally get the hang of the event overall it was great.

So great job GREE, on what truly was a Month of Mayhem!

madnoob
08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
You forgot the lame ltb

Nighteg
09-01-2014, 03:48 AM
You forgot the lame ltb

This.

smokey77
09-01-2014, 04:35 AM
the 11 hour war wasnt unfortunate for people from europe , it was a slap in the face for people in europe . the free refills arent much use either if you`re trying to avoid levelling up , and probably dont go much of the way to making up for all the refills/scratchers etc that are bought in error because of the strategically positioned purchase buttons hidden behind umpteen pop ups . the +1 building mod was nice but somewhat devalued by the fact that virtually anyone could get it . the LTB was another inexpensive lame one . as for the street assault , its one i wont be participating in again along with LTQ`s , raid boss . they also managed to release a bug that ruined my collections to coincide with the launch of SA , a cash hungry event . infact , im looking forward to spending my time from now building my IPH and participating in wars only :p

WTG Syndicate (624475065)
09-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Gone are the days for free gold, remember the 250 or 350 we once got?
Gree are in this to make money but sometimes if you give a little you get a lot.
Wake up Gree and support your players, we may just spend more.....
And agree on the 11 hr battles, what a waste unless you are in PST, CST or EST times zones. Little consideration is given to overseas players.

Perin
09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Great thread Evan. Month of mayhem was cool. My syn finished the raid boss, the refills were more than we all expected, the plus one building mod must be what heaven is like and I participated in street assault after I said I wouldn't (to help my team) and it was fairly decent. I'm all for LTBs that don't take up a bunch of space so good job folks

Evan1000
09-01-2014, 08:26 PM
You forgot the lame ltb

Wasn't really part of the 'Month of Mayhem' but it did help us low IPH players c:

Besides players with an IPH of 40m or higher should've had no problem maxing these buildings out and gaining the +10% modifier without making a dent in their fortune :P

Im Jahova
09-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Wasn't really part of the 'Month of Mayhem' but it did help us low IPH players c:

Besides players with an IPH of 40m or higher should've had no problem maxing these buildings out and gaining the +10% modifier without making a dent in their fortune :P

Too bad that's not what us high IPH players want. We want higher IPH and these low-class LTBs do not help at all.

Dipstik
09-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Maybem!!!!!

sister morphine
09-01-2014, 11:28 PM
the 11 hour war wasnt unfortunate for people from europe , it was a slap in the face for people in europe .
Must admit I enjoyed the time off on that one. Gree should run more seven hour wars starting at midnight European/UK time, lol.

Too bad that's not what us high IPH players want. We want higher IPH and these low-class LTBs do not help at all.
That's why you have +1 upgrade to do both, or still ignore low-class LTBs if you like.

cooch
09-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Funny how Europe thinks that US side doesn't work during a 11hr war. It's done for the benefit of gree employees work hours. Otherwise it would be on US Saturday and Europe Sunday. Don't think we all gold players r thrilled with Friday wars in US. we are not.

Gone are the days for free gold, remember the 250 or 350 we once got?
Gree are in this to make money but sometimes if you give a little you get a lot.
Wake up Gree and support your players, we may just spend more.....
And agree on the 11 hr battles, what a waste unless you are in PST, CST or EST times zones. Little consideration is given to overseas players.

smokey77
09-02-2014, 12:40 AM
I dont think anybody said people in the US dont work . The point i was trying to make is that the war started in the UK at 11pm , when i go to bed . then i get up at 7 for work , so thus making it a 3 hour war for me .

Weasel
09-02-2014, 06:46 AM
I dont think anybody said people in the US dont work . The point i was trying to make is that the war started in the UK at 11pm , when i go to bed . then i get up at 7 for work , so thus making it a 3 hour war for me .

Battle for Empire City events are team based, so I would be surprised if Gree cared at all how timing affects individuals.

Consider this: Many teams have players from around the world so many teams face the same disadvantage during short wars. Teams consisting mainly of North American players face a similar disadvantage during the 73 hour wars because they have nothing going on during "the night shift". The difference being "North American-based" teams face that disadvantage three times in a single war whereas more global teams see that disadvantage once during an 11 hour war. Sounds like it's actually pretty balanced now with the addition of an 11 or 24 hour war every cycle.

I like the short wars better because they don't require that you remain glued to your device for a rather large portion of a weekend if you intend to make any difference for your team.

Max Power
09-02-2014, 06:50 AM
If people don't like the schedules of US based games (I know Gree is Japanese, but it is run out of the Bay area) they should play UK based games that will give them an advantage.

I don't complain about the BBCs TV schedule. I accept it for what it is. I set my alarm clock to watch the Tour and F1 races. That's the deal in embracing a european product. If you don't like the schedules of American games, well.....

Dipstik
09-02-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't know why european players are complaining. You had your chance to come here back in 1776.

smokey77
09-02-2014, 07:20 AM
If people don't like the schedules of US based games (I know Gree is Japanese, but it is run out of the Bay area) they should play UK based games that will give them an advantage.

I don't complain about the BBCs TV schedule. I accept it for what it is. I set my alarm clock to watch the Tour and F1 races. That's the deal in embracing a european product. If you don't like the schedules of American games, well.....

It may be based in the US , but its a worldwide game with players in every corner of the globe . The problem i have with an 11 hour or 12 hour war is that it puts a huge group of people at a huge disadvantage . IMO they should just stick to 3 days wars when the disadvantage for people isnt as apparent . As for your suggestion if I dont like the schedule of "american games" dont play them , thats exactly what i will be doing next 11 hour war ;)

Max Power
09-02-2014, 07:39 AM
As for your suggestion if I dont like the schedule of "american games" dont play them , thats exactly what i will be doing next 11 hour war ;)

Me too....LOL! I don't spend every hour in this game like many, and this war was over before I even knew it started.