PDA

View Full Version : Defense Building

Jovansecret
08-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Is there a point in still having defense building as an option. I've been playing this game close to 3 years, despite almost everything changes, defense building are the only one remain the same. I pretty sure, some of us still have their defense building with them so how about do something about it?

Weasel
08-28-2014, 08:55 AM
They should delete every defence building from the store like they did with all the obsolete equipment. Then release new ones that actually do something and not let a stupid typo get past them, resulting in a need to nerf the effectiveness of the buildings. (Originally we were supposed to be allowed 5 of each defence building, but someone screwed up and typed '50' and nobody noticed, then they had to nerf defence buildings because people were becoming invincible.)

Perin
08-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Delete defense buildings... End of story

smokey77
08-28-2014, 11:24 AM
ive got 50 gatling turrets , the only defense buildings i bought . im still slowly upgrading them in the hope they`ll be of some use one day .

Vile Lynn
08-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Originally we were supposed to be allowed 5 of each defence building, but someone screwed up and typed '50' and nobody noticed, then they had to nerf defence buildings because people were becoming invincible.

Really? Where did you hear that about def buildings?

Interesting.

Babytway
08-28-2014, 12:21 PM
i just sent in ticket inquiring about def bulidings, a few months ago one of the Mods here say they were going to improve them and then nothing else was mentioned. i got a reply and support staff said they are working on improvements for current defense building as well as new ones but is in very early stages but said it is going to happen, but no completion date is set

Weasel
08-28-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't remember exactly because it was a long time ago and the forum search function is big pile of garbage. It was in one of those old threads where jlhy, Peacock, Tramp Stamp, and several of the other original CC gangsters were discussing topics that were still new to everyone at the time.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Gree had to increase the maximum size a hood could be expanded to, largely due to the fact that the original limit was not large enough to fit everything available for purchase. It would have been plenty big had the limit on defence buildings been correct.

People bought gold defence buildings though, filled their hoods with body guard agencies. Funzio couldn't just take away what people spent real money to buy, so they just made them worthless instead! Buyer beware...

Vile Lynn
08-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Weasel, I vaguely remember that and about the BGAs... some hoods have 50, heh, crazy! They also argued that anything above L3 was useless.

No doubt about the forum search! It's useless.
Maybe Clementine & Tadaaah can fix it. <hint,hint>

Thanks Babytway. ha, maybe for the 4th anniversary. Pretty sure we'll be here. :cool:

Fredfreddy
08-28-2014, 01:03 PM
I think it just goes back to the rival list logic.
You will always see a list of folks you can beat.
Similarly, folks who can beat you will always see you.
If you buy a zillion defense buildings, all that will happen is a new, stronger set of people will see you in their rival list.
To the guy up there ^^^ slowly upgrading Gatling turrets, upgrade resources are better spent on money buildings, just treat defense building like they're decorations.

smokey77
08-28-2014, 01:10 PM
To the guy up there ^^^ slowly upgrading Gatling turrets, upgrade resources are better spent on money buildings, just treat defense building like they're decorations.

yeah thanks for the advice i kind of know that already . they take 4 hours for the first upgrade , so if im done updating another building and have a spare few hours maybe because of financial constraints , then i upgrade a gatling turret .

Weasel
08-28-2014, 01:32 PM
yeah thanks for the advice i kind of know that already . they take 4 hours for the first upgrade , so if im done updating another building and have a spare few hours maybe because of financial constraints , then i upgrade a gatling turret .

So.... You pay to upgrade a completely worthless building when you can't afford to pay for an upgrade that makes sense.

Riiiiight. It's your game/character, so as long as you're having fun. Personally, I think your strategy sounds pretty backwards, but whatever floats your boat!

smokey77
08-28-2014, 01:37 PM
So.... You pay to upgrade a completely worthless building when you can't afford to pay for an upgrade that makes sense.

Riiiiight. It's your game/character, so as long as you're having fun. Personally, I think your strategy sounds pretty backwards, but whatever floats your boat!

if i have have 4 hours to spare between upgrades , and that building requires a 4 hour upgrade , then yes i upgrade that building . it might be a useless building now , but that might change . there arent any money buildings with a 4 hour upgrade that id bother with .

The NSA
08-28-2014, 03:39 PM
if i have have 4 hours to spare between upgrades , and that building requires a 4 hour upgrade , then yes i upgrade that building . it might be a useless building now , but that might change . there arent any money buildings with a 4 hour upgrade that id bother with .

Why/how would that change? Not hating on the strategy, I just had to do the same myself given the timing of suddenly having two upgrades and a new ltb coming.. but I don't see any situation within which crap defensive building stats suddenly become useful.

Perin
08-28-2014, 03:58 PM
but I don't see any situation within which crap defensive building stats suddenly become useful.

Hopefully they never will be and they phase out. The game is about cash and attacking. Collect the buildings on time and go beat folks up. People with defense buildings cry about getting robbed

Captain Torgue
08-29-2014, 02:04 AM
Is there a point in still having defense building as an option. I've been playing this game close to 3 years, despite almost everything changes, defense building are the only one remain the same. I pretty sure, some of us still have their defense building with them so how about do something about it?

Yes, if you have more than 20 defence buildings you can never be robbed EVER!

smokey77
08-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Why/how would that change? Not hating on the strategy, I just had to do the same myself given the timing of suddenly having two upgrades and a new ltb coming.. but I don't see any situation within which crap defensive building stats suddenly become useful.

im not sure how/why that might change to be honest , but they take up little space and cost next to nothing in time and money to upgrade so i consider it worth doing , its better than having an idle few hours even if it may seem theres no reward now . and you never know what gree might do next . plus they recently had a defensive LTB so maybe that was a sign defensive buildings may be of some use in future . its not like im maxing them out to level 10 anyway , money building upgrades always get priority . i just like to be upgrading all the time and i have no money buildings that can be upgraded in 4 , 6 or even 12 hours .