PDA

View Full Version : Gree--Save the ta-tas October Event

Heidekraut
08-27-2014, 04:09 PM
So I emailed Gree a few months back with this concept and had a pretty good response (they liked the idea etc etc) but I don't want to give them the option to forget it.

I emailed Gree with the idea of a Breast Cancer Awareness event in October :)
The biggest challenge is going to be to incorporate the color Pink into armors for the month of October--
Raid Boss
Epic boss
Guild war
Chest epic
Cape

With the idea that at least 1% of all purchases go towards Breast Cancer research

So let's see what Gree is made of, can they make this event happen?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y383/heidepbgm/imagejpg1_zpsfcbb71b0.jpg (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/heidepbgm/media/imagejpg1_zpsfcbb71b0.jpg.html)

Clementine
08-27-2014, 04:12 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a1263/a1263.gif?v11301bss2

Passing this onto the Developers!

ramuara
08-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Woohoo! What's not to like?

Rookeye
08-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Do we have to call them ta-tas? ;)

SimplyKhaleesi
08-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Who doesn't love the color pink....and Ta Tas!!!!!!

Great idea and would love to see the support from Gree and incorporate this in the game for October. Surely 1% can help the cause.

K

Rookeye
08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I'll wear blue, call it pink, bring my womanly bits and "support" the event... Heh! ;)

Rhaegal
08-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Awesome idea! Plus pink is very under utilized color on armors.

Dustin Green
08-27-2014, 04:25 PM
So I emailed Gree a few months back with this concept and had a pretty good response (they liked the idea etc etc) but I don't want to give them the option to forget it.

I emailed Gree with the idea of a Breast Cancer Awareness event in October :)
The biggest challenge is going to be to incorporate the color Pink into armors for the month of October--
Raid Boss
Epic boss
Guild war
Chest epic
Cape

With the idea that at least 1% of all purchases go towards Breast Cancer research

So let's see what Gree is made of, can they make this event happen?

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y383/heidepbgm/imagejpg1_zpsfcbb71b0.jpg (http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/heidepbgm/media/imagejpg1_zpsfcbb71b0.jpg.html)

Please do this awesome idea for me and everyone else GREE

geo81
08-27-2014, 04:48 PM
I'll wear some pink armor, good idea Heide

JXswimKnD
08-27-2014, 04:52 PM
This is a great idea, let's spread the word and get this to happen!

Nitemare10
08-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Gree I totally support a breast cancer awareness event! Will war for Pink
- thanks Heidi for suggesting this!

Sarah 101
08-27-2014, 05:35 PM
It's good idea , I hope gree is going to think about something else beside making money ..

Diablo2250
08-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Awesome idea from an awesome GM :D

tnorman78
08-27-2014, 06:29 PM
My aunt had a double mastectomy over 10 years ago and is still going strong. I would definitely rock some pink armor.

Skrapz
08-27-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm down for it, if a bunch of 300+ lbs. Guys can go out and crush eash other on a football field all month then we can have pink in our armors 😁

Rhaegal
08-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Actually since pink is a rare color in the armors, a good looking pink epic would be HIGHLY desired by everyone because of the rarity. There's not a single EB or epic armor that's pink. There's a lot of purplish pinks and light purples but no real hot pink armor. The war COULD bring in HUGE points and HUGE amounts of gems spent because of the novelty!

Sol Invictus
08-27-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm all for finding cures to diseases like cancer.

But I think there are at least two things you people might want to consider before jumping all over over the pink ribbon bandwagon. Just gonna throw this out there...

1:

I Will Not Be Pinkwashed: Komen's Race Is For Money, Not Cure
Outrageous salaries, drug company ties, and less than a dime of every dollar looks for a cure.
Alternet (http://www.alternet.org/story/154010/i_will_not_be_pinkwashed%3A_komen%27s_race_is_for_ money%2C_not_cure?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark)

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a multimillion-dollar company with assets totaling over $390 million. Only 20.9% of these funds were reportedly used in the 2009-2010 fiscal year for research “for the cure.” Where does the rest of the money go? Let’s have a look. Health screening is 13.0%. Treatment is 5.6%. Fundraising is 10.0%. The largest chunk of the pie is going toward “public health education,” 39.1%. More on that later, but for now I’d like to take a look at the millions, or 11.3%, spent on “administrative costs.”

. . .

"Public Health Education"

We have all seen the rallies with pink hats, pink T-shirts, pink staging, pink everything. Is this really making a difference?

The area in which Komen spends the highest percentage of funds is in “public health education,” in other words, bringing awareness to the population of the disease itself and the importance of screening for early detection of breast cancer. While that may be considered a worthwhile goal to some, it’s important to realize that Komen stands to profit from spreading that message.

It admits to about 10% of funds used for “fundraising,” but let’s be honest, the pink-ribbon-plastered “awareness” and”education” campaigns are often little more than a highly effective form of advertising — which in turn, brings in Komen’s millions.

. . .

Research "for the Cure"

Susan G. Komen does indeed provide millions of dollars to fund research — but what exactly is it researching with those grants? One blogger diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer who had serious doubts of the intentions of the Komen foundation, dug through the research grants herself, and found the following information about how Komen’s research money is spent.

Its pie chart for all research spending from 1982-2010 says: treatment, 22%; early detection, 15%; etiology, 8%; prevention, 10%; model systems, 3%; survivorship, 9%; and biology, 33%.

The only conceivable categories related to finding a cure for the cancer being researched would be etiology (the study of causation), survivorship, model systems, and biology.

So to break it down even further, Susan G. Komen for the Cure only spends a possible 53% of its research funding for a cure, or — about 11% of total revenue. Donate a dollar “for the cure?” Only about a dime of that will go toward research that might actually be designed to cure cancer

. . .

Pink ribbon products are everywhere. But how much good is it really doing to support the fight against breast cancer by purchasing them?

As it turns out, not much.

If only about a dime of every dollar is spent on research for a cure, then just imagine how minuscule of a contribution is being made for that cause when such a small portion of the pink proceeds go toward Komen as a whole.

“It’s rarely more than a penny on the dollar,” said Trent Stamp, executive director of Charity Navigator, a charity watchdog group. “It’s just great advertising.”

So, on that front, I would just like to make you aware that there are other charities out there that do a much better job at putting your donations to work.

Charities Working to Prevent and Cure Breast Cancer
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=497#.U_6UmWPQq48

There are a handful listed right there with 4-out-of-4 ratings.

2:

Not to sound like a Men's Rights Advocate or anything, but the number of men who are afflicted by or die from prostate and testicular cancer are about the same as the number of women who are afflicted by or die from breast cancer.

What month is Butt and Ball Cancer Awareness Month?

EDIT: Fun coincidence. Just found this pic randomly browsing subreddits.

http://i.imgur.com/M7FfhbC.png

Heidekraut
08-27-2014, 07:59 PM

But I think there are at least two things you people might want to consider before jumping all over over the pink ribbon bandwagon. Just gonna throw this out there...

1:

Outrageous salaries, drug company ties, and less than a dime of every dollar looks for a cure.
Alternet (http://www.alternet.org/story/154010/i_will_not_be_pinkwashed%3A_komen%27s_race_is_for_ money%2C_not_cure?paging=off¤t_page=1#bookmark)

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is a multimillion-dollar company with assets totaling over $390 million. Only 20.9% of these funds were reportedly used in the 2009-2010 fiscal year for research “for the cure.” Where does the rest of the money go? Let’s have a look. Health screening is 13.0%. Treatment is 5.6%. Fundraising is 10.0%. The largest chunk of the pie is going toward “public health education,” 39.1%. More on that later, but for now I’d like to take a look at the millions, or 11.3%, spent on “administrative costs.”

. . .

We have all seen the rallies with pink hats, pink T-shirts, pink staging, pink everything. Is this really making a difference?

The area in which Komen spends the highest percentage of funds is in “public health education,” in other words, bringing awareness to the population of the disease itself and the importance of screening for early detection of breast cancer. While that may be considered a worthwhile goal to some, it’s important to realize that Komen stands to profit from spreading that message.

It admits to about 10% of funds used for “fundraising,” but let’s be honest, the pink-ribbon-plastered “awareness” and”education” campaigns are often little more than a highly effective form of advertising — which in turn, brings in Komen’s millions.

. . .

Research "for the Cure"

Susan G. Komen does indeed provide millions of dollars to fund research — but what exactly is it researching with those grants? One blogger diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer who had serious doubts of the intentions of the Komen foundation, dug through the research grants herself, and found the following information about how Komen’s research money is spent.

Its pie chart for all research spending from 1982-2010 says: treatment, 22%; early detection, 15%; etiology, 8%; prevention, 10%; model systems, 3%; survivorship, 9%; and biology, 33%.

The only conceivable categories related to finding a cure for the cancer being researched would be etiology (the study of causation), survivorship, model systems, and biology.

So to break it down even further, Susan G. Komen for the Cure only spends a possible 53% of its research funding for a cure, or — about 11% of total revenue. Donate a dollar “for the cure?” Only about a dime of that will go toward research that might actually be designed to cure cancer

. . .

Pink ribbon products are everywhere. But how much good is it really doing to support the fight against breast cancer by purchasing them?

If only about a dime of every dollar is spent on research for a cure, then just imagine how minuscule of a contribution is being made for that cause when such a small portion of the pink proceeds go toward Komen as a whole.

“It’s rarely more than a penny on the dollar,” said Trent Stamp, executive director of Charity Navigator, a charity watchdog group. “It’s just great advertising.”

So, on that front, I would just like to make you aware that there are other charities out there that do a much better job at putting your donations to work.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=497#.U_6UmWPQq48

2:

Not to sound like a Men's Rights Advocate or anything, but the number of men who are afflicted by or die from prostate and testicular cancer are about the same as the number of women who are afflicted by or die from breast cancer.

Lol not sure but I'm all for any monthly event to support different causes

Rhaegal
08-27-2014, 08:09 PM

1:

Alternet (http://www.alternet.org/story/154010/i_will_not_be_pinkwashed%3A_komen%27s_race_is_for_ money%2C_not_cure?paging=off¤t_page=1#bookmark)I

. . .

. . .

Research "for the Cure"

. . .

2:

Yea.... I think you could have THAT armor... I'll pass lol

legalious
08-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Everything needs more Pink!

Dianish
08-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Charity?

You do know charity is a business? Its just like banks. They arent there to help you - They are trying to make money of you. Also Sol is right. Only a very tiny amount of the donated money ends up with those who needs help.

Its sounds like you help the hungry, the poor and/or helping cure cancer... But in the end all you do is pay the organisations bills and give them profit.

Thats why i do not support charity. I would rather go down the street and buy a homeless person a solid warm meal directly which i know will help the person...

alti-
08-27-2014, 10:09 PM
1. It depends on the charity. There are in fact many charities where the majority of your money or even 100% in some cases does go to the cause and not a CEO's pocket. A good example would be Child's Play (on the posited end would be UNICEF where very little of your money does any real good).

2. I fully support the idea put forward by Heide and would love to see a pink armor. There are lots of organizations that could use some charitable support, it doesn't have to just be the big names. Awareness is a good thing and can help save lives.

alti-
08-27-2014, 10:17 PM
@sol: it's in November and is called "Movember". The gimmick is for men to grow facial hair for the month to raise awareness. My brothers do this every year. And yes, I think it would be both fair and cool if gree would also have a mustache war event for all the men out there :)

Sol Invictus
08-27-2014, 10:57 PM
Movember has pretty poor marketing, because I just thought it was a portmanteau of "moustache" and "November" or something, had no idea it was about some awareness nonsense. And these gimmick months like no-shave November or no-fap February...I don't even...

Fossil
08-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Though we will never see the day that all money donated for charity is used to it's fullest potential, not donating at all is not a solution either. Yeah, you can buy someone a free lunch but that does not fund research and the comfort that some cancer patients get just from knowing that someone cares. I support the initiative and say it's time for GREE to make a move.

Kangaroeland
08-28-2014, 08:38 AM
"Awareness" is a money drain. No money to research just marketing.

Heidekraut
08-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this as I am mine, I know that more men and women are surviving breast cancer these days then in the past because of the advances that have been made in medicine throughout the years because of "awareness" and donations, fundraisers, charities whatever you want to call it. Sure maybe a lot does go to marketing, but some how and some way less people are dying from breast cancer and that says something.

Heidekraut
08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
If you don't believe in it then don't contribute in October if gree makes an event for it, that's your choice--as it is mine and others choice to participate if the choice is provided

Sol Invictus
08-28-2014, 01:04 PM
And then in November, GREE can run a promotion where X% of revenue from KnD goes to NAMBLA (http://www.nambla.org/). They can call in NAMBLAvember.

If you don't agree with it then it's your choice not to participate for that month.

:cool:

legalious
08-28-2014, 01:32 PM
And then in November, GREE can run a promotion where X% of revenue from KnD goes to NAMBLA (http://www.nambla.org/). They can call in NAMBLAvember.

If you don't agree with it then it's your choice not to participate for that month.

If anything they should have AIDS Awareness in October. NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association), I did not know you were a member SOL. lol :D

Kangaroeland
08-28-2014, 02:56 PM
If anything they should not do any of these events in my opinion as id rather see gem prizes go down / some big sales then if they are throwing money away (my opinion)

Rookeye
08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Well the argument could be made that these types of events are divisive among the gamer population. Perhaps what could be offered is a special event / item /armor(s) for those who choose to participate. That way those who want to do so can sit it out. Those who want to participate will get the KnD equivalent if a t-shirt.

It is a good thing to examine the organizations being donated to. If they are spending the bulk of received monies on fundraisers, and not on cures, it's wise to shift donations to a group that IS devoted to the cause.

Rhaegal
08-28-2014, 06:36 PM

Argumentum ad absurdum is a cheap shot buddy.
1) NAMBLA isn't a charity.
2) No one said the charity HAD to be the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure. It could be any worthy breast cancer charity, there's more than one.
3) We want a unique pink armor! Lol

duby1622
08-28-2014, 08:54 PM
This is one of the best ideas i have heard from a community in a long time.

I am fully on board for this, but i feel 1% is a little low considering there is no product/expense to be had.

I understand the cost of creating/maintaining/updating a free game like this, but for a good cause, lets up the ante and donate 10% of a product that has 0 cost to generate...Just for one event...

I will not buy gems for a 1% donation, but for a 10% i will buy a significant amount of gems that i would otherwise not buy. Gree still makes 90% on nothing...

Conflipper
08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Great Idea. I hope they follow through with this.

Rookeye
08-30-2014, 01:19 PM
This is one of the best ideas i have heard from a community in a long time.

I am fully on board for this, but i feel 1% is a little low considering there is no product/expense to be had.

I understand the cost of creating/maintaining/updating a free game like this, but for a good cause, lets up the ante and donate 10% of a product that has 0 cost to generate...Just for one event...

I will not buy gems for a 1% donation, but for a 10% i will buy a significant amount of gems that i would otherwise not buy. Gree still makes 90% on nothing...

Wow. It's not like GREE is selling us air, or fairy glitter. They have intellectual property they have designed, developed, coded, polished, marketed, etc., and all of those steps involve costs. Not to mention salaries of the staff we keep demanding GREE to have to deal with issues when something goes wrong.

This is a great idea, which GREE does NOT have to participate in...let's not insult them along the way, saying that they charge us for "nothing". That "nothing" is my most favorite game, thankyouverymuch... :rolleyes:

@ GREE: I'd love to see a partnership between you and your players for a worthy cause, can it be done?

sxespanky
09-01-2014, 09:20 AM
at least 1 %...
can we seriously get off the "breast cancer merchandise" kick, and actually act like we want to cure (treat more accurately) this? some of yall have wives / girlfriends / or are women yourselves - lets see some real % go to this.

www.imgur.com/pjdDMpN

seeing breast cancer gifts sickens me. most of these companies say " will donate 1-10 cents per item sold*"

*for the first 5,000 dollars

Street Shark
09-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Up for heide!

Heidekraut
09-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Wondering if this will actually happen �� excited but at the same time prepared to be disappointed this month, I know gree doesn't share anything as far as what's happening in the game, but some update woulda been nice

geo81
10-01-2014, 02:33 AM
I hope I'm wrong Heide, but be prepared to be dissapointed. I remember when this was talked about last October, and it didn't happen then.
I hope I'm wrong, but, yeah...

Mmmikemike
10-01-2014, 04:15 AM
I would so rock pink armor! Great great great idea.

CJCJ
10-01-2014, 04:24 AM
I agree - great idea! You could also make the counter-measure units be ALL pink.

Lord P
10-01-2014, 05:42 AM
Great Idea..... a conscious game developing company? I won't hold my breath.

Heidekraut
10-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Yeah I know gordo 😭 I like to stay positive tho haha but I won't let it get me to down, after all there's only so much you can do and life is full of disappointments so we should be trained/use to it by now haha

tnorman78
10-01-2014, 10:49 AM
You do realize this event won't happen. Gree isn't about their customers at all. They only care about gree.

Porkch0p
10-01-2014, 05:06 PM
What's the big deal with breast cancer prevention? It's 100% preventable. Just sayin'...

sxespanky
10-01-2014, 06:03 PM
You do realize this event won't happen. Gree isn't about their customers at all. They only care about gree.

you also forget about the fact that when any company does this stuff, they usually HAVE to pledge money. why in the world would gree sell their digital currency which costs them no money to create,and give it to a company who helps humans not die? you people are just silly as heck.

SITH F35 GM Ricky
10-01-2014, 06:38 PM
This is a great idea and i support it 100%

Heidekraut
10-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Well all you "downers" can just jump up off my thread and let me dream whatever dream I want. And there is No cancer that is 100% preventable either...there are people who don't smoke and still get lung cancer, don't drink and get liver cancer...it's not all environmental...so yeah if you don't support the idea how bout you just scram and leave the thread for those of is who want to dream �� lol

Yeah I'm aware that there is a 99.99% chance that the event won't happen but it's the 00.01% chance that leaves me hopeful, nothing is guaranteed and nothing is certain �� so I'll remain hopeful until the last weekend of October then I'll let it go and just continue my thoughts that gree really doesn't care much bout their costumers or anything other then themselves

Lord P
10-02-2014, 09:21 AM
you also forget about the fact that when any company does this stuff, they usually HAVE to pledge money. why in the world would gree sell their digital currency which costs them no money to create,and give it to a company who helps humans not die? you people are just silly as heck.
Sad isn't it? They still have a chance chest % or maybe even 6x chance of doing something good.

Well all you "downers" can just jump up off my thread and let me dream whatever dream I want. And there is No cancer that is 100% preventable either...there are people who don't smoke and still get lung cancer, don't drink and get liver cancer...it's not all environmental...so yeah if you don't support the idea how bout you just scram and leave the thread for those of is who want to dream �� lol

Yeah I'm aware that there is a 99.99% chance that the event won't happen but it's the 00.01% chance that leaves me hopeful, nothing is guaranteed and nothing is certain �� so I'll remain hopeful until the last weekend of October then I'll let it go and just continue my thoughts that gree really doesn't care much bout their costumers or anything other then themselves
In the immortal words of Jim Valvano..... "Don't give up, don't ever give up."

Coolbrzze
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Sad isn't it? They still have a chance chest % or maybe even 6x chance of doing something good.

In the immortal words of Jim Valvano..... "Don't give up, don't ever give up."

We at Taste D Rainbow support the cause. For the month of October we have changed our player names in support. For this month Coolbrzze= Breezy Tatas.

sxespanky
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
We at Taste D Rainbow support the cause. For the month of October we have changed our player names in support. For this month Coolbrzze= Breezy Tatas.

im sorry, breast cancer is not a game - I'm glad everyone can joke around with "tatas" for this and that, but BREAST cancer, and every other cancer can be a silent killer.

seriously, tatas make it seem childish and freaking awful. you don't like breast cancer awareness, you just like boobs. and thats what you all make yourselfs look like. if your going to support a cause, do it full heartedly, not half as.ed

Coolbrzze
10-03-2014, 05:00 PM
im sorry, breast cancer is not a game - I'm glad everyone can joke around with "tatas" for this and that, but BREAST cancer, and every other cancer can be a silent killer.

seriously, tatas make it seem childish and freaking awful. you don't like breast cancer awareness, you just like boobs. and thats what you all make yourselfs look like. if your going to support a cause, do it full heartedly, not half as.ed

As someone who has lost family to this horrible disease and dontated thousands of dollars, any awareness or support,( even something as childish as it may seem) is helpful. You can judge the actions of myself and my team as you see fit. Being that is is a game and we have very little say in how things are run here, we will support this within the boundaries of the game. If it causes one person during the month to pause and decide to support the cause outside of this game then we have done our part.

Porkch0p
10-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Colon cancer and breast cancer are both 100% preventable. All you gotta do is remove them before the cancer develops...

Heidekraut
10-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Colon cancer and breast cancer are both 100% preventable. All you gotta do is remove them before the cancer develops...

So your thought is to remove all when we are born? Men are able to get breast cancer too so be sure to remove their breast tissue also, gosh some of you are so thoughtless

And i had a grandmother die of breast cancer and my mother in law is a survivor so I do take breast cancer awareness serious and if I want to use the term tatas that doesn't make me childish nor does it say I joke about it so let's not be so quick to judge

XXX HARDCORE
10-23-2014, 02:17 PM
I think this is a great idea and lots of different ideas,

My dad found out this year he has cancer so I'm in for any event in aid of cancer.

Also one I'd like to throw in is combat stress

**Combat Stress is the UK's leading Veterans' mental health charity.*

Mental ill-health affects ex-Service men and women of all ages. Right now, we're supporting over 5,400 Veterans aged from 19 to 97. We're a vital lifeline for these men and women, and their families.

Our treatment and support services are always free of charge, and are proven to work.

Our Vision*is that Veterans will be able to live free from the harmful effects of psychological wounds.*

Our Mission is to provide timely, effective clinical treatment and welfare support to Veterans who suffer from psychological wounds.*

Our Values*are to:*

Always put Veterans at the centre of our work
Aspire to excellence in everything we do
Foster a culture of respect and inegrity

So please count me in for any event that supports any good cause

Hardcore

Fossil
10-23-2014, 05:49 PM
GREE, this is a great idea and it is too bad you haven't seen fit to get behind it. A new chromatic would have been cool, decked out in shades of pink and chrome and sold in the store for $99 (or even more if you would give it some stats).