PDA

View Full Version : Events

Cats
08-26-2014, 08:21 PM
I enjoy (for the most part) playing this game. But does anyone else remember a time when there were actually days with no events? This "game" anymore has something that requires you to be on here every single day and not just to collect. Slow down a little Gree! Remember when it's not fun and becomes a chore you'll start losing business.

Captain Torgue
08-26-2014, 11:46 PM
If you don't like it then don't play it broseph.

Cats
08-27-2014, 05:13 AM
If you don't like it then don't play it broseph.

I said I enjoyed it but it would be nice not to have events constantly. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We all know that you can't miss an event and keep up, that's the point.

Evan1000
08-27-2014, 05:18 AM
I enjoy (for the most part) playing this game. But does anyone else remember a time when there were actually days with no events? This "game" anymore has something that requires you to be on here every single day and not just to collect. Slow down a little Gree! Remember when it's not fun and becomes a chore you'll start losing business.

A day inbetween events would be nice. It'll give me a chance to work on my map jobs too c;

Idiosyncrasy
08-27-2014, 06:23 AM

Yes.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97324-Old-Farts-Represent!

Max Power
08-27-2014, 06:23 AM
I said I enjoyed it but it would be nice not to have events constantly. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We all know that you can't miss an event and keep up, that's the point.

Keep up with what? Nobody wins this game. It's OK to just set the phone down every once in a while.

Tadaaah
08-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the input. This has been passed along.

Camper
08-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes, it would be nice if they would permit a day or two between events. At least we could have time to focus on other things in the game and prepare for the events a little better. I believe it also help the psychology of the gamers who find it tedious when playing one event right after another. Personally I prefer to take part in all events to some extent but find it difficult when they are back to back all the time.

Vile Lynn
08-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Keep up with what? Nobody wins this game. It's OK to just set the phone down every once in a while.

Yep! I totally agree :)

No, no, no! Don't say anything, Tadaaah!! Shhhh! Hush, you!
lol, JK! (sorta) KA players whined on the forum so much about never-ending events that they have major event overload! They are still whining and still getting over-lapping, back-to-back events. Let them know that all is great in the CC world :D

No rest for the wicked!

Weasel
08-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Just don't play every event.

A good one to skip if you need a break is the leaderboard box event. An hourly effort for 96 hours using zero gold won't even get you 20 tokens let alone get you on the leaderboard. So there's a good opportunity for you to chill out. Collect-10 isn't much different, either you choose to gamble or you casually play for free and hope for the best.

High level players are forced to stop epic boss almost half way through the event due to the tier system. So if you're high level and not putting gold into it there's another opportunity to relax.

LTQs can be played at your own pace and SLTQs are mostly at your own pace. Put skill points into energy so you don't have to log in as frequently.

Most syndicate events, Battle for Empire City and Raid Boss specifically, are very time consuming, but those happen mostly on weekends and usually only about twice a month (excluding the short wars). It might be nice to have 12-24 hours for syndicates to get ready/organized for those time consuming events without other distractions, but it's really not necessary.

Regarding the point about "keeping up", who or what is there to keep up with? You could take a six month break and you would still be evenly matched with the rivals presented to you on the rivals list. You might have to move to a lower ranked syndicate, but the only thing rank indicates is how much money you can or have spent on this game.

Evan1000
08-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Just don't play every event.

A good one to skip if you need a break is the leaderboard box event. An hourly effort for 96 hours using zero gold won't even get you 20 tokens let alone get you on the leaderboard. So there's a good opportunity for you to chill out. Collect-10 isn't much different, either you choose to gamble or you casually play for free and hope for the best.

High level players are forced to stop epic boss almost half way through the event due to the tier system. So if you're high level and not putting gold into it there's another opportunity to relax.

LTQs can be played at your own pace and SLTQs are mostly at your own pace. Put skill points into energy so you don't have to log in as frequently.

Most syndicate events, Battle for Empire City and Raid Boss specifically, are very time consuming, but those happen mostly on weekends and usually only about twice a month (excluding the short wars). It might be nice to have 12-24 hours for syndicates to get ready/organized for those time consuming events without other distractions, but it's really not necessary.

Agreed.. hey I actually agreed with Weasel on something!

Regarding the point about "keeping up", who or what is there to keep up with? You could take a six month break and you would still be evenly matched with the rivals presented to you on the rivals list. You might have to move to a lower ranked syndicate, but the only thing rank indicates is how much money you can or have spent on this game.

You're keeping up with stats. Most people stay stats don't really matter.. but for most events they do. Stats are what take down Raid Bosses, stats are how you complete Epic Boss (even though L250's would need to be tam in order to take that last lvl100 down), and stats are what makes you either a target or someone to be feared in war. It's just bad how GREE makes your level interfere with what stats you need to be in order to complete these events.

The NSA
08-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Ya I originally didn't like seeing an event every day.. then I realized that I have free will and can just skip what I like. I'd actually like to see more events- shake it up, make players realize that they don't have to do everything and give 'em options. Power to the people!

D/ Swampie
08-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Ok I think that most of the complaining stems from the constant barrage of syndicate events which seems to be multiplying faster than a herd of wild cats. I'm all for having constant individual events but expecting team mates to keep up with non stop wars and other syn events is causing severe burn out with a lot of folks. Yes please keep those of us entertained with individual events and give us folks that play hard something to do, but please stop making this a full time job for folks that signed up for a casual game that they enjoy playing with friends

Captain Torgue
08-27-2014, 11:46 PM

Lies and propaganda, it has not!