PDA

View Full Version : Updating to iOS 8

Tadaaah
08-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone!

Kingdom Age will be making changes to support the new iOS 8 operating system, unfortunately, due to the small amount of available memory present on the iPod Touch 4G we will no longer be able to support it as a platform for Kingdom Age.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause the members of our community which this affects and we appreciate your support throughout the years.

Our support team will be more than happy to assist with transferring your account to a new device, should you decide to upgrade.

Totalwar
08-27-2014, 01:46 PM
Does this go for all models for iPod touch even the latest model.please could you list iPod models that your not supporting?

Totalwar
08-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Also I read that the iPhone 4 will not be getting a release of IOS 8 does that mean your support the iPhone 4 still?

Tadaaah
08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
We will still be supporting the iPhone 4. We will not be supporting the iPod 4 Touch 4G.

Shadows
08-27-2014, 03:26 PM
The way I read this thread, Gree is not supporting the iPod Touch 4G, but not necessarily giving up support for all iPods... what makes you feel that all iPods won't be supported, Totalwar? Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge about iPods, which is seriously very possible...

Totalwar
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
The way I read this thread, Gree is not supporting the iPod Touch 4G, but not necessarily giving up support for all iPods... what makes you feel that all iPods won't be supported, Totalwar? Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge about iPods, which is seriously very possible...

Sorry just panic when I read that been playing for years be very sad day that I can't play KA no more.

Totalwar
08-27-2014, 03:37 PM
We will still be supporting the iPhone 4. We will not be supporting the iPod 4 Touch 4G.

So sorry just to get it straight the only iPod affected is the iPod touch 4th generation?

Tadaaah
08-27-2014, 04:19 PM
So sorry just to get it straight the only iPod affected is the iPod touch 4th generation?

This is correct.

EDIT: We also don't support iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 1st generation.

Totalwar
08-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks Tadaaah for clarifying that.

Alexius
08-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Is there a date when you're pulling the plug on it? This is really sad because people do spend on their 4g iPods.

GetItFixed
08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Is there a date when you're pulling the plug on it? This is really sad because people do spend on their 4g iPods.

Well then they better spend for the latest iPod Touch 5G :p

the_bob
08-27-2014, 08:50 PM
What about the iPad 1st Gen? Same amount of RAM as the Touch 4G.

rutty
08-28-2014, 06:51 AM
So, iPod 4th Gen users won't be able to stay on iOS7 and keep playing?

RandomUser
08-28-2014, 10:13 AM
4th Gen iPod users aren't even on iOS 7. 4th Gen iPod are stuck at iOS 6. Which I suppose begs the question why there's an issue with it not running under iOS 8.

And also, will there be additional support to help transferring accounts? My last account recovery took just under 3 weeks to complete for reasons that were never made clear to me.

Lastly, when is this change going to be implemented? How long do we have before the blade falls?

Alexius
08-28-2014, 10:02 PM
Well then they better spend for the latest iPod Touch 5G :p

Nah, they'd better cut their losses and decide not to continue providing that revenue stream to that company. If they want to limit the amount of spending across multiple accounts that's up to them.

GetItFixed
08-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Nah, they'd better cut their losses and decide not to continue providing that revenue stream to that company. If they want to limit the amount of spending across multiple accounts that's up to them.

Well new features of coming KA updates needs memory to run smoothly, so what do u expect? Shall,Gree stop to add new features and stuff to KA so just all ipod4 users are happy? :rolleyes:

Alexius
08-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Well new features of coming KA updates needs memory to run smoothly, so what do u expect? Shall,Gree stop to add new features and stuff to KA so just all ipod4 users are happy? :rolleyes:

Didn't say that but gree will never dictate my budget either. Those are the choices that they have to make and I make mine.

Kween Zoey
08-31-2014, 01:17 PM
I know this will be a dumb question for most, but how do I know what version IPod I have

Frothypython
09-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Good question Queen Zoey.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

This link has info to help you

Greybeard
09-02-2014, 07:25 AM
This is correct.

EDIT: We also don't support iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 1st generation.

Are you saying that you also will not be supporting 3rd gen, 2nd gen....? Or, that you already don't support those because one of my accounts is on a 3rd gen and is working fine except for lag and disconnect issues. I am still able to play the game though. Will I still be able to play or will that account be gone all together?

Agenthollis
09-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Are you saying that you also will not be supporting 3rd gen, 2nd gen....? Or, that you already don't support those because one of my accounts is on a 3rd gen and is working fine except for lag and disconnect issues. I am still able to play the game though. Will I still be able to play or will that account be gone all together?

Will the iphone3 be supported?

Acadian
09-13-2014, 02:27 PM
My Ipad has 3 graphics options that were on my IPhone 4 prior to update:
Particle effects
Parallax FX
Parallex angled

The IPhone has no option nor my soon to be outdated iPod to turn these off, both are having same issue on top of the Ipod being able to load any map except ones I am doing a quest on, so no questing w/o crashing. Have reloaded too many times to bother again.

Back to graphics issue:
Loading maps is slower now, but not a huge amount of time, but attacking a mob or raiding a player, it takes around 30 seconds for my lil guy to move, walk over and hit the mob, then 15 seconds before I can select the mob again. That is way slower than before, and raiding will sit there and show the same repeated graphic for 30 seconds each time after taking 30 seconds to get to the screen, almost regen stamina as fast as I attack.

Please give us an option to take the graphics down a notch since they are noticeably more detailed and could very likely be the reason for this issue.

Acadian
09-18-2014, 08:15 PM
any time frame/date when the older ipods will officially not be able to play the game? I use one also along with the Iphone 4.

Vile Lynn
09-22-2014, 08:37 AM
When is the fix for older devices being released?