PDA

View Full Version : New shop feature: The Champion Pack!

Bonaya
08-26-2014, 10:48 AM
So, GREE released a new way to get yourself an epic. Buy the champion pack which basically is an (regular) epic armor for $99.99!

Todays epic in the champion pack is: Druidic Platemail.

What do you guys think? One thing is for sure, the worth of your account just gained with an incredible 200%, just kidding!

Scabs
08-26-2014, 10:52 AM
It's targeted at a very specific audience (the unlucky). It's too bad they don't allow you to spend the gem equivalent of $99 to get it, but I suppose that's to force the "unlucky" to actually spend some $. It's too bad it's a fuseable epic and one that is starting to trend towards the bottom of the epic ladder.

Rookeye
08-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Hmm...if I am "unlucky", and have spent far more with no epic to show for it, I should appreciate the opportunity. :cool:

legalious
08-26-2014, 11:03 AM
I will not pay, as it is way too pricy for me. I could use that for 2 weeks of groceries or a day pass to Disneyland.

tnorman78
08-26-2014, 11:09 AM
100$ for a fusible epic is too much. It may be worth it for a tier 3 epic but not druidic.

southpaw29
08-26-2014, 11:47 AM
The players that can afford this arent going to spend 100.00 for a lower tier epic armor. At least make it the plus version if you are going to make players purchase it. You will get way more people parting with their money for the plus version (even Druidic) than you are going to get from offering just the regular version.

Just my two cents.

Rookeye
08-26-2014, 12:14 PM
I will not pay, as it is way too pricy for me. I could use that for 2 weeks of groceries or a day pass to Disneyland.

Maaaan, you're making me nostalgic here! I remember when you could get a season pass for that price! ;)

Adisty
08-26-2014, 01:01 PM
IF I had a hundred dollars that I could spend JUST on this game, I would buy 800 gems and take my chances with opening chests. $20 for an older epic though...

Sol Invictus
08-26-2014, 01:08 PM
$100 for an Epic that will get spanked by the next fire or spirit EB+, which is free.

Time to fire your marketing department.

Clementine
08-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Hmm...if I am "unlucky", and have spent far more with no epic to show for it, I should appreciate the opportunity. :cool:

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-radiate-positivity.png

tnorman78
08-26-2014, 01:58 PM
The next one is gold chromatic+

Scabs
08-26-2014, 02:02 PM
$100 for an Epic that will get spanked by the next fire or spirit EB+, which is free.

Time to fire your marketing department.

I would have gone with the plus version of an older epic. At least that would also be tempting for players without an epic+.

Rookeye
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm rather fond of +... ;)

Alexistheking124
08-26-2014, 03:20 PM
actually like this idea. The execution was awful though.

For $100 us you can buy 800 gems or more if sales are going on.

This means you can buy 40 chests for a guaranteed 4 star + and 10 fusion boost and the chance to get 1 or more epics. Also the worth of an "outdated" war or chest epic + is 5k gems. Which during a 30% or 40% sale is in the neighborhood of $300-$400. I don't think a guaranteed regular fusable epic is worth 1/4 of a war or chest epic +. Even if your not competitive and play casually. You can save the gems and drop them on chests and probably get at least 1 epic and the epic + during the gem event. Which if you do, nets you more fusion boost armors and 4 star + armors as well.

So the changes I would like to see is this. If you are going to directly sell fusable epics bring the price down to $30. I think that is more reasonable. Or sell old war Epic + Such as kierstmans shroud or Necroshade. These epics are not fusable and have been pushed out of the top 25 war and raid bracket and are not awarded in arena anymore. And you have the sale every 2 weeks to put up the next old armor.

Clementine
08-26-2014, 03:42 PM
actually like this idea. The execution was awful though.

For $100 us you can buy 800 gems or more if sales are going on.

This means you can buy 40 chests for a guaranteed 4 star + and 10 fusion boost and the chance to get 1 or more epics. Also the worth of an "outdated" war or chest epic + is 5k gems. Which during a 30% or 40% sale is in the neighborhood of $300-$400. I don't think a guaranteed regular fusable epic is worth 1/4 of a war or chest epic +. Even if your not competitive and play casually. You can save the gems and drop them on chests and probably get at least 1 epic and the epic + during the gem event. Which if you do, nets you more fusion boost armors and 4 star + armors as well.

So the changes I would like to see is this. If you are going to directly sell fusable epics bring the price down to $30. I think that is more reasonable. Or sell old war Epic + Such as kierstmans shroud or Necroshade. These epics are not fusable and have been pushed out of the top 25 war and raid bracket and are not awarded in arena anymore. And you have the sale every 2 weeks to put up the next old armor.

I passed this feedback onto the Developers! Thanks for such thoughtful and well written feedback.

http://whyhelser.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/You-Rock.jpg

You Rock!

Rhaegal
08-26-2014, 04:51 PM
I strongly agree with what's already been posted. I very much like the idea. If it had been the + version or an older war epic I might have been tempted.

Very new players who have no epics might jump all over this offer but no one else.

tnorman78
08-26-2014, 06:21 PM
I have no plus epics and the epics I do have are older. I myself may have been tempted if it was a plus version.

Marco_
08-27-2014, 12:38 AM
100$ for a fusible epic is too much. It may be worth it for a tier 3 epic but not druidic.
Wasn't top 25 guild war trending to that amount of money in gems? Not too much difference between taking your chances for a fusable epic at top 25 or 100% chance by straight buying it then...

Alexistheking124
08-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Wasn't top 25 guild war trending to that amount of money in gems? Not too much difference between taking your chances for a fusable epic at top 25 or 100% chance by straight buying it then...

You are right about the trend. However, some people have trouble or do not want to join a top 25 guild. I personally did top 10 and 25 and I am burned out on it. I still play because I like collecting the new armors and some of the chest epics are cool. So I will definitely kill time on this and if something neat comes out, I might be tempted to dish out money. I know I did for that blazestone + sometime back.

http://whyhelser.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/You-Rock.jpg

I rock

Reversal
08-27-2014, 07:40 AM
Dear Gree,

It was brought to my attention that yesterday the Champion Pack was released for Knights and Dragons. In a response towards your event I've created a video that I wish to bring to your attention.

I hope you will reconsider this video and the community of Knights and Dragons in your future marketing strategies (If there are any)

Stats of the video:
Almost 1K views after LESS than half a day of uploading.
113 Likes, 0 Dislikes and over 200 shares.

I believe that should say enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcbRM4RrMks

Sincerely,

- Reversal

Rookeye
08-27-2014, 10:25 AM
I'd personally love to see a goodie at $25.

Question:

Would you rather see a newer epic at higher cost or an outdated epic at much lower cost?

Rhaegal
08-27-2014, 12:28 PM
I'd be more interested in newer goodie at higher cost but that's because my chest luck has been poor lately

Alexistheking124
08-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Question:
Would you rather see a newer epic at higher cost or an outdated epic at much lower cost?

I wouldn't mind seeing new chest epics available. Something like $75 for reg and $125 for +. You can also have the armors available in the chest as usual, but with the new chest you can also have chest opening incentives and say at 120 opens your awarded the regular chest epic.

Rhaegal
08-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I wish there was a way to take an older epic like Druidic, blazeborne, northerners, sky maj etca and turn it into a + vers. Maybe some sort of enhancing center where for X many gems you can "boost" a maxed old epic into a level 1 + vers of the same epic.

Or in the special chests a special super boost armor to do the same...

Dianish
08-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I would rather use 100$ on World of Warcraft and play for 6 months than buy this silly druidic - I cant be tempted to buying an outdated epic for 100$ but i could be tempted into buying x3 if they were 25-30$ though i wont as you have totally ruined the fun for the F2P players. There is no fun if you are not in a guild with all your friends or unless you buy tons of gems which gives nothing in return.

Gree, your prices are insane. It makes no sense.... If the game itself provided more fun, more challenges and the players had alot more to do ingame then it might be worth it.

Blizzard are greedy.... And yet your prices its many times higher and we get way less in return. Gree, you have changed the game into the worse. Everything ingame is all about you trying to get the player to buy and spend gems. When i first started the game it was great that you offered chests once in a while and wars once in a while. Now its on all the freaking time. In every update you change things into "I cost gems but i will you nothing in return". It feels like you dont want us to have fun unless you get want you want... Money. If you listenend to the players andchanged the game into the better - You would probably get a high revenue. Personaly i would start spending again if things was right.

Buying gems should only give the player an advantage.... Not be the only way of ever getting somewhere ingame.

Its all rip-offs... Its a shame. If comparing your prices to actually everyone elses... I have spent a lot myself but the way you are runing the game.... I will never pay another penny(Not when thing are like this). Also i wont recommend your game anymore. Rather tell them the truth. Its not critisism nor is this a negative post. Just saying my opinion and how sad it is.

I'll stick around until the next update... If its not to far away.

xPePx
08-27-2014, 11:06 PM

At least on android, many of the consistent top 25 guilds top players already have Druidic and similar armours. Most cases, better armours. The placing is more about prestige and helping weaker members in the guild or sub guild get better gear than eb+'s. For example, I put up 25 mill raid points to get weaker members hellfire and to help keep our top 25 raid streak going. I already had hellfire+. Some of our other strong members already had dragon born reg and +.