PDA

View Full Version : Bonus IP per character level for battles?

leroyingo
08-25-2014, 11:00 PM
Why dont they give every +1 ip per attack per level of their character, then high level characters (i.e. the long time players) actually have a benefit in battle as opposed to being out scored by a lev 50 person who can attack players higher than lev 50? So the points can work as per they do now, but when a lev 250 attacks , instead of just geting measly 100-300 points ( or whatever the points range is) they would get 100-300 points +250 points? Meaning a guaranteed 350 no matter who they attack.
If it sounds too much then the bonus points could start at level 100. 1 per level. Means that campers arent as effective and people will be encouraged to level and play the game.

Thoughts on if you think this would work?

Evan1000
08-25-2014, 11:09 PM
Why dont they give every +1 ip per attack per level of their character, then high level characters (i.e. the long time players) actually have a benefit in battle as opposed to being out scored by a lev 50 person who can attack players higher than lev 50? So the points can work as per they do now, but when a lev 250 attacks , instead of just geting measly 100-300 points ( or whatever the points range is) they would get 100-300 points +250 points? Meaning a guaranteed 350 no matter who they attack.
If it sounds too much then the bonus points could start at level 100. 1 per level. Means that campers arent as effective and people will be encouraged to level and play the game.

Im only lvl 114 but that sounds like a great idea for higher level players, since I love finding lvl 250's with a low defense and I'm sure they struggle throughout the game, especially during battles

Weasel
08-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Good idea in theory, but I can think of a few issues that would be created that would not really be good for the game.

The biggest potential issue that comes to mind is there is a good chance most or all of the top syndicates would begin to exclude players who are not at the level cap. This is most likely the reason why lower level players currently score more IP/hit on average than high level players. That doesn't happen by some random fluke, and I think it's one of Gree's tactics to make all parts of the game available to anyone who wants to participate. With a +1 ip/level bonus, the only way for any low level players to cut it on a top ranked syndicate would be to double or triple their gold use.

leroyingo
08-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Good idea in theory, but I can think of a few issues that would be created that would not really be good for the game.

The biggest potential issue that comes to mind is there is a good chance most or all of the top syndicates would begin to exclude players who are not at the level cap. This is most likely the reason why lower level players currently score more IP/hit on average than high level players. That doesn't happen by some random fluke, and I think it's one of Gree's tactics to make all parts of the game available to anyone who wants to participate. With a +1 ip/level bonus, the only way for any low level players to cut it on a top ranked syndicate would be to double or triple their gold use.

Or level up. But good point, also makes long time players with not as good stats more eligible for those higher teams.

Nighteg
08-26-2014, 02:08 AM

I actually suggested this a while ago (before Tadaaah's arrival). Maybe this time it'll at least be looked into.

Nighteg
08-26-2014, 02:09 AM
The biggest potential issue that comes to mind is there is a good chance most or all of the top syndicates would begin to exclude players who are not at the level cap.

This has been happening for 2 years already. Except the ones being excluded are the high lvl players.

The NSA
08-26-2014, 05:16 AM
This has been happening for 2 years already. Except the ones being excluded are the high lvl players.

Exactly. I get what you're sayin' Weasel, but right now it works that way but just in reverse. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Dandd1821
08-26-2014, 06:51 AM
It's a great idea , low level players still score more for hittin higher levels and hi level players can contribute instead of being avoided because they are the biggest targets in war.

Vile Lynn
08-26-2014, 07:28 AM
...+1 ip per attack per level of their character...

Great idea! It is not too much to ask for a simple bonus per level for HLPs: a good incentive to keep leveling and playing.

Weasel
08-26-2014, 10:00 AM

To a degree, but that's exactly what Gree wants. The only high level players being excluded from top teams now are the ones who won't spend vault after vault to keep up. With this particular suggestion, lower level players would have to spend vault after vault to match a high level player's one vault. That doesn't generate new players and doesn't encourage older players to leave, which is exactly the opposite of Gree's master plan. They don't want anyone to play forever (if nobody ever leaves they have to do regular costly server upgrades) and they need new players to replace the ones who leave. It's how their games survive. It's how a lot of mobile games survive.

BrisingrBoss
08-26-2014, 10:23 AM
looks like a lot of people are trying to come up with either a solution or a way to help out old players to stay in shape, or to make them valuable. really hard to fix it to everyone's contentment. whatever gree does, someone will complain. 0but meanwhile the problem persists.

Nighteg
08-26-2014, 11:07 AM
To a degree, but that's exactly what Gree wants. The only high level players being excluded from top teams now are the ones who won't spend vault after vault to keep up. With this particular suggestion, lower level players would have to spend vault after vault to match a high level player's one vault. That doesn't generate new players and doesn't encourage older players to leave, which is exactly the opposite of Gree's master plan. They don't want anyone to play forever (if nobody ever leaves they have to do regular costly server upgrades) and they need new players to replace the ones who leave. It's how their games survive. It's how a lot of mobile games survive.

That's all true, but strategies change when goals are not achieved. And i seriously doubt that Gree's goal is to reduce sales and net profit year after year.
I honestly can't think of any game in history that punishes players for playing it too long. Lvl caps DO NOT exist in long term projects. I believe that the lvl cap in WOW have been increased at least a dozen times (and god forgive me for comparing Gree with Blizzard).
I think that the current scoring system and the lvl cap are a result of a short sighted strategy and it will change at some point. Last time the lvl cap was increased, it brought new life to this game.

BIGBOY
08-26-2014, 11:32 AM
if the high levels with low stats have trouble getting points, than they should work on their stats. it's that simple

Dandd1821
08-26-2014, 11:56 AM
The idea has nothing to do with weak lvl 250s...it's about scoring decent points in war cause the scoring system favors low level players.

Weasel
08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
That's all true, but strategies change when goals are not achieved. And i seriously doubt that Gree's goal is to reduce sales and net profit year after year.
I honestly can't think of any game in history that punishes players for playing it too long. Lvl caps DO NOT exist in long term projects. I believe that the lvl cap in WOW have been increased at least a dozen times (and god forgive me for comparing Gree with Blizzard).
I think that the current scoring system and the lvl cap are a result of a short sighted strategy and it will change at some point. Last time the lvl cap was increased, it brought new life to this game.

I can't argue for or against most of that.

I think the level and level cap system exist for reasons of game balance. Not just in Gree games, but most if not all freemium/free to play/pay to win games.

Player acquisition is a big deal for mobile gaming companies. They need to have a steady stream of new players and new spenders. Keeping the old hats around too long makes it difficult for the new players to remain interested because it becomes very difficult for them compete without investing a lot of real money and a lot of time. This causes a sense of not being able to catch up, ever, which leads to new players not playing for long and the eventual death of a game.

Regarding the level cap increase in CC, I do not agree that it brought new life to the game. Level 250 now is no different than level 200 was before the increase. Another increase would just mean everyone at level 250 has a new opportunity to camp and avoid levelling. Pointless.

Vile Lynn
08-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Regarding the level cap increase in CC, I do not agree that it brought new life to the game. Level 250 now is no different than level 200 was before the increase. Another increase would just mean everyone at level 250 has a new opportunity to camp and avoid levelling. Pointless.

I disagree. I think it will bring new life into the games of all L250s and keep many from quitting.

If you were right, there would be no L250s since all the L200s would have camped according to your post.

Weasel
08-26-2014, 01:12 PM
I disagree. I think it will bring new life into the games of all L250s and keep many from quitting.

If you were right, there would be no L250s since all the L200s would have camped according to your post.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm not right. It just means we think differently on the subject, and that doesn't make you not right either.

kimberleyj
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM
i think the best thing would be to give the same ip range to all levels it is one of the reasons why people camp, give people a reason to be more active in events.

MiFFSTeR
08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
i think the best thing would be to give the same ip range to all levels it is one of the reasons why people camp, give people a reason to be more active in events.

Yeah, I see your point. I think people camp because they're a bunch of lazy arse-holes who don't put in the effort like the rest of us to improve the syn.

Im Jahova
08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Or they can just raise there stats. If they have lower stats than players level 50-200, they need to change something or quit