PDA

View Full Version : Is there any final reward for finishing the current LTB?

sunfire
08-24-2014, 06:13 PM
I didnt see any pop screen for completing the current LTB, so is there any final reward for finishing it?

Dipstik
08-24-2014, 06:17 PM
No, same prize every level

Weasel
08-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Too bad Gree doesn't add a "collect all the loots" goal to LTBs. It could be similar to the epic boss syndicate loot goal, or the raid boss individual goal. For LTBs it could be as simple as collect 10x the prize for each level upgrade and earn a wrapper prize.

I understand how unlikely that is to happen, but wishful thinking is more positive than complaining about stuff.

BrisingrBoss
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Don't give them that idea. They might eliminate the 1% bonus mods per level altogether. this way at least we get something from reaching each level.

Weasel
08-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Don't give them that idea. They might eliminate the 1% bonus mods per level altogether. this way at least we get something from reaching each level.

I would not mind if that happened. When LTBs started the prizes started low and got better at each level (something is something whether you like the prize or not), and only the prize for completing level 10 had a mod. They should do that again, it was more fun.

Captain Torgue
08-25-2014, 01:24 AM
No, same prize every level

Dippy was helpful for once, what is the world coming to?

BrisingrBoss
08-25-2014, 01:47 AM
The current system makes sure all have a chance of some mod maybe even if it is only a 1% mod, and the guy who actually finishes it gets the 10% mod. its actually fairer than you think, as your mod is actually based on how far you get. and it is not just the mod, because you also get a unit each level.

Weasel
08-25-2014, 10:49 AM
weasel as usual is not helpful. His posts usually make you think he either works for Gree or is the biggest brown nose of all.

The current system makes sure all have a chance of some mod maybe even if it is only a 1% mod, and the guy who actually finishes it gets the 10% mod. its actually fairer than you think, as your mod is actually based on how far you get. and it is not just the mod, because you also get a unit each level.

Your personal attacks are uncalled for. You're more than welcome to disagree with someone's opinion, but this is not the first time you're ripping on me just because you disagree with me.

I never said there was anything "wrong" with any rewards system for LTBs. I made one suggestion that would be neat and wouldn't necessarily have to change anything currently in place, and one comment about how I personally liked the old system better.

What's actually more fair if you think about it, is only the people completing an event receiving a special bonus for finishing. Does Gree give the same prize and mod at each level of any other event? No. The LTB event becomes more difficult as you progress, like the other events, but Gree offers what is basically a participation ribbon for LTB upgrades. The majority of people end up with a 7%-8% bonus, and for several billion dollars more (and probably a bit of gold too) people have the opportunity to get 2-3 more of the same item. Worth it at the start, not worth it at the finish. It is what it is though, so if you like it, good for you.

More likely though is you probably can't upgrade LTBs above level 5 and would hate any reward system other than the current "yay, you participated!". Again, fair enough, but you should at least be able to understand how getting even a 5% bonus for making it half way through an event with little to no effort and at little expense is not fair for those who only get 10% for going all the way at more than double the cost.

Evan1000
08-25-2014, 10:58 AM
What's actually more fair if you think about it, is only the people completing an event receiving a special bonus for finishing. Does Gree give the same prize and mod at each level of any other event? No. The LTB event becomes more difficult as you progress, like the other events, but Gree offers what is basically a participation ribbon for LTB upgrades. The majority of people end up with a 7%-8% bonus, and for several billion dollars more (and probably a bit of gold too) people have the opportunity to get 2-3 more of the same item. Worth it at the start, not worth it at the finish. It is what it is though, so if you like it, good for you.

I actually agree a ton with this statement.. It should gradually be getting better when you progress through the goals as every other event does. But then again, every other event doesn't have a mod each time you progress, so this way might be better as if GREE were to, as you said, make a final prize.. the final prize would probably be a 10% mod with no mods along the way, so only players who can afford to bring it all the way up to level 10 can get a mod.

So there are pro's and con's to this idea, as in GREE's case it could be both a good thing or a bad thing.

Nighteg
08-25-2014, 11:03 AM
I would suggest the first 5 upgrades to come without a mod, and the latter 5 with a 2% each.

Weasel
08-25-2014, 01:15 PM
@Evan, that's how it was when LTBs started. Some regular items of increasing strength as you progress, and one big item for completing the goal chain. I'm not even sure the grand prize on the first few LTBs had a mod. My opinion, prizes of increasing value without mods for levels 1-9, and a grand prize with a mod at level 10 would be the best format for LTB prizes. Other formats aren't completely terrible, but I am allowed to think what I want.

I still like my suggestion in post #3 though. Leave everything as is and add a "collect the loot" goal. Since everyone gets their mod at each level, the prize at level 10 is greatly devalued. A bonus item for collecting all the loot, or in other words, a prize for getting to level 10, is much needed.

Nighteg's idea posted above isn't bad either.

BrisingrBoss
08-26-2014, 01:24 AM
i have to agree with the idea of having a big prize at the end, as it does cost gold to finish it(there is no way to complete without gold even if don't miss a second between upgrades).

and about the "personal attack" is that for some reason it feels like your points and suggestions always seems to want to remove what little bonus we actually get for doing something. Just an impression i get. Oh and about your comment, i do manage to reach level 9 bonus, just not level 10 because, as you said not a big prize and not worth the gold for a 1%. and even if there was a bigger mod i would think twice before spending the gold.

So my suggestion would be keep the 1% bonus per level as it is and add a wrapper for finishing all levels. if they are not to add the wrapper, keep is as it is. just one less thing for us to spend our gold on. Maybe gree realizes that they cant just make every single mod on the game a paid mod, so they just have to give some out or they will loose a bunch of players. but don't worry, anyone playing for free will always be behind and keep falling behind more and more someone that spends the gold.