PDA

View Full Version : lock syns during all syn events

gunny22
08-24-2014, 01:42 PM
There is so much jumping and trading going during syn events.
Wouldn't it be better if syns were locked during ALL syn events, not only during war weekends?

Raid boss is now finished by all syns who have good connections with other syns. Syn events are there for competition against each other not cooperation IMHO.

Gunny - code 379609799
Syndicate Rock City Gang - code 824408007

Dipstik
08-24-2014, 01:44 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3q9eqv.jpg

Evan1000
08-24-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm with dippy and the old man here.. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this thread lmao

MoonBear
08-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Being new 2 CC ... If someone earns a syn reward but later changes syn's, do they keep the reward?

ghetto69143
08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Being new 2 CC ... If someone earns a syn reward but later changes syn's, do they keep the reward?

as long as your in the syn when it gets rewarded, yes.

ghetto69143
08-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't it be better if syns were locked during ALL syn events, not only during war weekends?

Raid boss is now finished by all syns who have good connections with other syns. Syn events are there for competition against each other not cooperation IMHO.

Can you be any more serious??? why would you ask that??? why would Gree create a forum titled
http://forums.gree.net/forumdisplay.php?164-Trade-Requests
if they didnt encourage it??
how did your syn do on the last RB event?
Its already very tasking on Gree just to fix one thing without another going wrong. all the tickets going
unanswered. someone wanting one thing to happen. You want this to happen. I don't
think they can just flip the switch.

Syn events are there for competition against each other
You are correct about this, though. but, the only time we are against each other...... wait for it..........
(Jeapordy theme music playing) is during war !!!

and besides, not everything is
Syn Related
Look at LTQ Anniversary Anarchy.... wait I will be right back. gotta get with my syn
to see how we should tackle this task

sister morphine
08-25-2014, 02:52 PM

So which is yours; a syn that spends a whole bunch of gold to finish the raid boss and get annoyed when others do so cheaper by cooperation with other groups, or a syn that has insufficient friends to get across the finish line?

This is a game about organised crime. How do you think real mobsters would deal with a problem affecting them all equally - by collaborating to overcome it, or by sticking their noses in the air while the competition steals a march? Play smart, lol

GucciMane
08-25-2014, 04:39 PM

Gunny - code 379609799
Syndicate Rock City Gang - code 824408007
gucc's note: ^ Nice Plug :D ^

Competition.......against NPC (non-player character) you mean???

That's what an Epic Boss or Raid Boss Is.

You are competing against an NPC. A very beefy one, at that.

I happily spend the last 2-3 days of raid boss helping out other syns on the event. It's a great way to meet new people in the game, whom you normally wouldn't meet from regular faces in your rivals list.

bdub
08-25-2014, 06:06 PM
Stronger syns helping weaker syns does nothing except add to stat inflation

kimberleyj
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM
syn lock for all syn events no thanks , a syn lock is only needed during the war . If i joined a team just before a syn event and didn't like it there i should have a choice to leave. You only want it locked because your team doesn't finsh RB.

Weasel
08-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Can you be any more serious??? why would you ask that??? why would Gree create a forum titled
http://forums.gree.net/forumdisplay.php?164-Trade-Requests
if they didnt encourage it??

Gree does not officially encourage or condone any play strategy. The sole purpose of the trade request sub is to stop all that clutter from being posted in General. Before they made that sub-forum the general forum was a total mess and recent posts of any relevance were continuously pushed onto the second or third page.

UnabatedDeath
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Agreed, way too much stat inflation. You are a part of your syndicate. There should at least be a lag time between switching. A day or two and it would stop a decent amount. Still would happen though. Maybe when you leave a syndicate you cant rejoin it, who would take back someone in a real crime city who left for another syndicate, multiple times?

Evan1000
08-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Gree does not officially encourage or condone any play strategy. The sole purpose of the trade request sub is to stop all that clutter from being posted in General. Before they made that sub-forum the general forum was a total mess and recent posts of any relevance were continuously pushed onto the second or third page.

If they didn't encourage it why does it CLEARLY say 'or need some assistance for a tough raid boss?' in the description?

Dipstik
08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Doesn't mean it shouldn't change. The current system is stupid.

Weasel
08-25-2014, 06:58 PM
If they didn't encourage it why does it CLEARLY say 'or need some assistance for a tough raid boss?' in the description?

Because "we buy/sell uzis/bricks" and "we/I need/have/want seat for raid boss" (jumper requests) are pretty much the only trade requests possible, and those were the posts guilty of flooding the general forum. That does not mean they officially discourage any play style either.

Gree doesn't officially encourage or condone any play style. They make the game how they want, people play how they want, and if Gree doesn't like what they see they change how the game works. If people start noticing that something that was surprisingly easy suddenly becomes ridiculously difficult, however, it's not a bad guess that maybe they were playing in a way that was not originally intended by Gree.