PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Frontline

Systematrix
08-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Instead of granting control points to the team that holds the flag at the very end of the battle, why not award points for how long someone holds a flag. Each second the flag is your color you get a point (or something like that). The more pts deployed to that particular flag, the more points you gain each second. It may be a good idea with this proposed format to make the battles only 30 minutes since it will be intense the entire time (I think the current Frontline battles should be 30 minutes anyway). This would keep the battle interesting instead of everyone jockeying for position at the very beginning, then the long 45 minute wait until the final push.

Many games use this format and it's way more fun than the current Frontline format *YAWN*.

Thoughts?

Victory99
08-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I second this, great idea

Bancodilugano
08-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Good idea Systematrix

Auspex
08-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Anything to help frontline, the way it plays now we could just use a single silent bid and see who gets what tier. We would all save time. Full Assault at least had some level of usefulness, I was slowly getting rid of crap units when we had a huge lead. Now since there is only 1 unit to use in Frontline it's beyond dull.

kguittar
08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
so it would be a constant gold rush.

Sumiala
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I actually thought it worked this way (see OP) by reason of the wording used.
Especially the three bullets listed on the first tab while the war was raging on in the "war room" made me think this.
(can't remember if it was bullet one or two)

testpilot
10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
How are control points calculated ? we can hold 4/5 nodes to end and still lose a war to a team with about the same deploy points, but they get 5x more control points. Just don't understand and would like to know the strategy. Thanks!

I Will Merc You
10-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Very cool idea Systematrix

Kefa
10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Very good idea.

Benasi
10-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Good idea.
Would throw a lot of people off, just waiting to the last couple minutes then deploying. But would give GREE more of an excuse for us to use gold lol
But yes, good idea.