PDA

View Full Version : Organizing for Improvement

Robespierre
08-19-2014, 10:38 PM
I think the time for change for the better has occurred. Dwindling high stakes players, obvious ploys on the customer base through well known conditioning tactics, and a desire to avoid the drudgery of poor customer service breed the ground for calling a call to action. There comes a time where people come together to affect a voice and state their case with reason, passion, and concern.

Our bulltish meters are going off of the charts.

I suggest the representative democratic system where representatives from top factions (House of Lords/Senate 10 seats) and lesser ranked faction representatives (house of commons/house of representatives 25 seats) come together to discuss the direction of the game and where we would like it to go for maximum fun. Just go by WD placement in Argentina.

Please go to your factions and elect a representative. Return to this thread to report in, and select a third party chat room for discussion. Come up with ideas, draft bills, and present them to the administration to implement, or observe the issues involved with failing to ratify our bills.

This is at an embryonic stage of conception here, and of course, there are already well versed gree executives and representatives which would form the executive branch. The judiciary, will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California (per the TOS). Unfortunately they have been rather inactive lately, but you would be surprised how far a WD weekend's supply of "gold" would go to have one of our resolutions challenged in the judicial system, or other concerns from the house and senate.

This is not a revolution, just merely a fun way to get together to improve something we like. Of course, it could be inadvertent troll bait...who knows. Feel free to see if this is worth your time, or if another tapping game that doesn't need this level of involvement suits your tastes better. Delegates report below, we'll use Groupme to start outside coordinations.

All the best,

Robes.

786TRYX
08-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Great idea robes! Is there a room allready? link?

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Good idea, but they like things as they are. You see, for most, they enjoy this. Yes sir, they actually like it the way it is.

hubsy
08-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Good idea. Is there a room set up for this?

Cobra Kai
08-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Your gerrymandering of top seats to elite teams would not represent all needs evenly. Bicameral legislative groups need representation from all walks of life in game.

I can foresee an impasse where the select needs/wants/desires of a top few are faced with the brick wall of needs from 95% of other players.

The way you have it broken out is pay to play politics.

Cobra Kai
08-20-2014, 06:38 AM
You should start small with just 25 seats. And one house. I see no rules or processes explained how the two groups would reach a consensus or perform their functions.

The potential candidates should be voted on as a whole by the forum body in a poll with top 25 earning a place to represent our needs. Candidates could create a thread touting their capabilities and desires and voters could choose accordingly.

A players union if you will that can bring desires to Gree with one voice rather than our 1,000 individual threads.

Robespierre
08-20-2014, 10:07 PM
You should start small with just 25 seats. And one house. I see no rules or processes explained how the two groups would reach a consensus or perform their functions.

The potential candidates should be voted on as a whole by the forum body in a poll with top 25 earning a place to represent our needs. Candidates could create a thread touting their capabilities and desires and voters could choose accordingly.

A players union if you will that can bring desires to Gree with one voice rather than our 1,000 individual threads.

You are right. My bicameralism would require quite a bit more effort than I am willing to coordinate. Single group with coordination for action would be most efficient.

The rationale for the top tier is that there is likely more influence for quicker results. If we come together and coordinate it's better than splintered messages.

Be the first to join. All welcome. Would love to see company participation too, but you actually have to play the game.

https://groupme.com/join_group/9587697/gdYMiK

Major Elvis Newton
08-20-2014, 10:16 PM
You guys have a lot of spare time

Robespierre
08-20-2014, 11:08 PM
You guys have a lot of spare time

It's efficiency to make the most of it, and not much spare time for me...just quickly typed ramblings with delusions of grandeur.

RetiredAndHappy
08-21-2014, 12:56 AM
We tried that.. Look at my very first thread that I posted, which was a letter to Gree from a number of faction representatives.. Although, some good came of it.. you just couldn't get OSW and SUP in the same gm room without the typical sh** talk happening

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
08-21-2014, 02:03 AM
We tried that.. Look at my very first thread that I posted, which was a letter to Gree from a number of faction representatives.. Although, some good came of it.. you just couldn't get OSW and SUP in the same gm room without the typical sh** talk happening

Isn't that odd? If a person had a distrustful nature and a supsicios mind, he or she might think the incessant trash talking was staged, an act of sorts. Aw, silly me, that wouldn't ever happen. Everyone says they're both class acts, stand up dudes, right?