PDA

View Full Version : Why keep going

Mr llama
08-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Was just wondering the point of winning wd by 20 or 30 million more than 2nd it sort of makes 1st place irrelevant and the real race is between 2nd and 3rd. Also same question for why people choose to keep opening boxes in the collect 20 event when they are 200 ahead and 200 behind. At some point the lead is way to far ahead but people keep using gold. Just some questions I have been wondering for a while not meaning to annoy anyone

Auspex
08-17-2014, 10:50 AM
I would guess they have a way of getting gold that doesn't involve paying real money. Just a thought to consider before using real money to get gold.

RetiredAndHappy
08-17-2014, 10:51 AM
GP Master.

Thatkidyouknow
08-17-2014, 11:08 AM
GP Master.

How many in your clan lol?

Dirty Mind
08-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Its not even the race between 2nd and 3rd. the gap 3rd and 4th is the about same as the gap between 4th and 100. Auspex is absolutely correct.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
08-17-2014, 12:05 PM
I would guess they have a way of getting gold that doesn't involve paying real money. Just a thought to consider before using real money to get gold.

This I know is true,
a pink panda once told me so

VileDoom
08-17-2014, 12:05 PM

But GREE has adamantly claimed in the past that gold is unhackable! Certainly they wouldn't misinform us would they? :rolleyes:

Maz
08-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Those regen units didn't stack either and the ap thing was fixed ages ago as well, of course the gold stuff is unhackable

RetiredAndHappy
08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Those regen units didn't stack either and the ap thing was fixed ages ago as well, of course the gold stuff is unhackable

How sure are you. Just another reason why I quit.

To buy a vault the following happens. Click purchase - request goes to the iTunes/App store - purchase is made - ack sent back - vault deposited. But what if.. The ack was generated by a fake App Store such as on jailbroken phones. Then you can technically buy gold and gree wouldn't know.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
08-17-2014, 03:39 PM

To buy a vault the following happens. Click purchase - request goes to the iTunes/App store - purchase is made - ack sent back - vault deposited. But what if.. The ack was generated by a fake App Store such as on jailbroken phones. Then you can technically buy gold and gree wouldn't know.

I have observed many make magic, merriment, and mayhem.
it is a sight to behold.

Maz
08-17-2014, 06:58 PM

My whole comment was sarcasm. The regen units did stack when Cj said they didn't, the ap thing isn't fixed tho was reportable resolvled several patches ago, and yes the gold still has its certain issue.

ScrewThis
08-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Oh, I thought you meant why keep going with the game at all....

Retirement really put this game / microcosm of life / waste of time and money / whatever you want to call it, into perspective for me. I still can't believe how much real money I spent on this. But that's not the worst part. By far the biggest regret I have is the amount of time I devoted to tapping, collecting, participating in useless events and organizing stuff for my team.

You can recover from financial waste but you can never get wasted time back. Once the minute has passed, it is consigned to history. That is the only thing about my participation in this game that I truly regret: not paying enough attention to real life because of this abomination of a game that required basically all of my free time, and then some.

In fact, this isn't a game at all, this is a hostage chamber and you're all still stuck inside. Break free, it is possible! Real life is so much more reqwarding than this. No-one really gains anything in this game and you won't really be disappointing your "team mates", you're wasting your lives because of them.

eddie_
08-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Still it should be very easy to catch gold cheaters. You can't spend more gold than you have got in a fair way. Video gold can be calculated. Gold bought too. If someone spends more gold than generated it most likely is hacked gold. It should be an easy query to run to catch gold cheaters...

Agent Orange
08-18-2014, 06:36 AM
But GREE has adamantly claimed in the past that gold is unhackable! Certainly they wouldn't misinform us would they? :rolleyes:

And there are no bugs......

mickymacirl
08-18-2014, 06:40 AM
Still it should be very easy to catch gold cheaters. You can't spend more gold than you have got in a fair way. Video gold can be calculated. Gold bought too. If someone spends more gold than generated it most likely is hacked gold. It should be an easy query to run to catch gold cheaters...

Sadly it's not as simple as that.

chozzer
08-18-2014, 07:55 AM
In fact, this isn't a game at all, this is a hostage chamber and you're all still stuck inside. Break free, it is possible! Real life is so much more reqwarding than this. No-one really gains anything in this game and you won't really be disappointing your "team mates", you're wasting your lives because of them.

Never a truer word spoken. I enjoyed it for a good while, then questioned why am I really doing this? I was a $2K - $5K a month player like most in S1, and then in Old School Warriors. But in hindsight what an incredible waste. I pop back here to see from time to time if the madness continues. It sure does.

Walk the dog; have dinner with your partner (uninterrupted); ride your motorcycle all day; take your kids to the beach; hike up that mountain with no cell coverage.

But please don't kid yourself that any of you are doing that on a WD weekend (or whatever its called now).

Thanks for calling it as it is ScrewThis.

Sgt. Fancypants
08-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Was just wondering the point of winning wd by 20 or 30 million more than 2nd it sort of makes 1st place irrelevant and the real race is between 2nd and 3rd.

This is for streak goals. If two top 10 factions meet they will be fairly similar in stats and spending ability so they one team will need to spend the other team under in order to win. This means causes a huge jump in WD points. So in the case of SUP even though you’ve already won the war a huge gap appears by trying to win ALL the battles.

Also absolutely burying someone in points makes a statement, if you can afford to make it.

Also same question for why people choose to keep opening boxes in the collect 20 event when they are 200 ahead and 200 behind. At some point the lead is way to far ahead but people keep using gold. Just some questions I have been wondering for a while not meaning to annoy anyone

This is less straight forward and there are several reasons I can think of.

1. Bracket security: If 20 of the top 50 are tied with 150 boxes open then you want a deal more than that to be certain all the money you spent isn’t lost when the leader board doesn’t update, people make a last minute push or you are unable to check your phone.

2. Bragging rights/Because you can: If you’re at the top of the leader board your name is in lights in a sense. Also, why the hell not.

3. Addiction/It feels good: Similar to the last one. Opening more just feels good. Being at the top of list feels good. Yeah it’s probably an addiction but hopefully you’ve haven’t taken out a second mortgage on your house to buy gold.

NexusImperium
08-18-2014, 01:35 PM

It's not that simple. The transaction occurs between the payment processor/guarantor (apple/google) and the service/product provider (Gree). The client in this case simply reflects the data on Gree's servers. It's highly unlikely that people would be able to 'hack' gold because they would have to spoof the transaction on the processor/guarantor's side. I have experience in industry as a Software Engineer with retail and specifically credit card transactions. It's extremely unlikely that Apple or Google is being taken advantage of. Rather, I think one of the following might be the case:

1) Top spenders are using shady tactics/methods to get lots of gold - i.e. buying vaults of gold and performing chargebacks (unlikely - this is also soft-fraud)
2) Top spenders are using stolen bank accounts/cards to get gold (also unlikely - the top folks have been on top for a very long time - law enforcement catches up with these folks within a few months, typically)
3) Top spenders are ordinary people with addictions who are with their money (unlikely - there aren't many in this world who are loose with their money and people don't spend a lot on micro transactions. Candy crush are lying about their profits to get people to spend money on that game)
4) Top spenders have a special relationship with Gree or they are Gree employees who are baiting people in the top 10-25 to spend more money (unlikely - this would be a very unscrupulous business tactic)

Mr.Grumpy
08-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh, I thought you meant why keep going with the game at all....

Retirement really put this game / microcosm of life / waste of time and money / whatever you want to call it, into perspective for me. I still can't believe how much real money I spent on this. But that's not the worst part. By far the biggest regret I have is the amount of time I devoted to tapping, collecting, participating in useless events and organizing stuff for my team.

You can recover from financial waste but you can never get wasted time back. Once the minute has passed, it is consigned to history. That is the only thing about my participation in this game that I truly regret: not paying enough attention to real life because of this abomination of a game that required basically all of my free time, and then some.

thank you for this post. i know i should quit but i just can't push myself to do it. i quit CC and KA with no regrets at all but i can't quite get there with MW.

and to the original poster: i've been wondering the same thing for a while. i guess some people are doing the individual but it still seems excessive.

VileDoom
08-18-2014, 03:01 PM
(unlikely - this would be a very unscrupulous business tactic)

This made me laugh so hard I damn near choked on the food I was eating.

Speed ump
08-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Sgt and nexus, you're both about right.

Mr llama
08-18-2014, 10:05 PM
This is for streak goals. If two top 10 factions meet they will be fairly similar in stats and spending ability so they one team will need to spend the other team under in order to win. This means causes a huge jump in WD points. So in the case of SUP even though you’ve already won the war a huge gap appears by trying to win ALL the battles.

Also absolutely burying someone in points makes a statement, if you can afford to make it.

This is less straight forward and there are several reasons I can think of.

1. Bracket security: If 20 of the top 50 are tied with 150 boxes open then you want a deal more than that to be certain all the money you spent isn’t lost when the leader board doesn’t update, people make a last minute push or you are unable to check your phone.

2. Bragging rights/Because you can: If you’re at the top of the leader board your name is in lights in a sense. Also, why the hell not.

3. Addiction/It feels good: Similar to the last one. Opening more just feels good. Being at the top of list feels good. Yeah it’s probably an addiction but hopefully you’ve haven’t taken out a second mortgage on your house to buy gold.Thanks that was a solid answer. Im sure there is a bunch of people hacking stuff but i don't think gree would let one of their major events be won by a hacker lol

mickymacirl
08-19-2014, 01:51 AM
Thanks that was a solid answer. Im sure there is a bunch of people hacking stuff but i don't think gree would let one of their major events be won by a hacker lol

COUGH Think again!

headfaction
08-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Never a truer word spoken. I enjoyed it for a good while, then questioned why am I really doing this? I was a $2K - $5K a month player like most in S1, and then in Old School Warriors. But in hindsight what an incredible waste. I pop back here to see from time to time if the madness continues. It sure does.

Walk the dog; have dinner with your partner (uninterrupted); ride your motorcycle all day; take your kids to the beach; hike up that mountain with no cell coverage.

But please don't kid yourself that any of you are doing that on a WD weekend (or whatever its called now).

I love this guy!

headfaction
08-19-2014, 02:52 AM
Everyone you seen those ice bucket challenges? How about everyone stay off their device for a whole war weekend and raise awareness of how stupid we all are and do something else rather then being stuck on our devices all weekend. Then donate our money that we would have spent for war weekend. To a charity, church, or anything then full a company's (GREE) pockets that doesn't give a f$&@ about us and only see us as dollars bills. Wouldn't that be great?

sstuutss
08-19-2014, 05:53 AM
oh it certainly makes a statement. Though I think its fair to say opinions vary on just what that statement is.

itsallgoingsouth
08-19-2014, 06:26 AM

Sadly it's not as simple as that.

It is easily monitored, it is just about ability to store, transfer and test the collected data thoroughly and often enough. The only trouble is that it might slow the game down a bit.

mickymacirl
08-19-2014, 07:11 AM
It is easily monitored, it is just about ability to store, transfer and test the collected data thoroughly and often enough. The only trouble is that it might slow the game down a bit.

Again, due to ancient and bad backend, it's not as simple as that.

Asto
08-19-2014, 12:10 PM
It's simple, they can afford, genuinely. Some people are luckier than others and those at SUP, OSW and those top scorers can afford to pay the amount they do. Our leader is a massive gold spender....those at SUP get within the region of $60k a month so with that in mind what's $10k a month on gold? Absolutely **** all. Hope that sheds some light....and a lot of drooling lol

RazAlguise
08-24-2014, 02:35 AM
GP Master.

Yep CoC is the way to go. All my SUP friends stopped playing months ago and I play, too. Even MR FREEZE plays with them. I won't reveal clan name though.

RazAlguise
08-24-2014, 02:46 AM

It's simple, they can afford, genuinely. Some people are luckier than others and those at SUP, OSW and those top scorers can afford to pay the amount they do. Our leader is a massive gold spender....those at SUP get within the region of $60k a month so with that in mind what's $10k a month on gold? Absolutely **** all. Hope that sheds some light....and a lot of drooling lol

Asto. All the people in SUP are wealthy people. Just talk with them. I have several friends in SUP. great people. Some of the best people I've ever met and even keep in touch via several ways with them. But they like to spend their money on a game.
I just decided to quit today. This game is wasting my time. I've always been a gold free player but after Gree screwed me on last 3 day WD I'm done with them. Also. I'm joining the US Air Force and could use the time to better prepare myself for going in then play this game. Maybe ill play again later in the future but I'm done for now.