PDA

View Full Version : Defense Bugged?

Tuc
09-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Is defense bugged. I noticed that by having a high defense versus someone with a low offense, building are still getting rob. How can I having 3000+ defense still get rob from someone who has 2400+ offense? The explanation for defense states that by investing more defense defends against attacks. I find this misleading since low offense still robs.

Cooz
09-20-2011, 03:21 AM
Is defense bugged. I noticed that by having a high defense versus someone with a low offense, building are still getting rob. How can I having 3000+ defense still get rob from someone who has 2400+ offense? The explanation for defense states that by investing more defense defends against attacks. I find this misleading since low offense still robs.

I think this is where defensive and attack skill points come into play. They have to have some kind of an influence, and considering the devs have released very little information about the logic behind how fights are won and lost, we can't assume a 1-to-1 ratio that determines winning and losing - i.e. you have 2000 defense and I have 1500 attack, therefore, you will win every time I attack you.

There are lots of games like this one, and none of them are straight up attack vs. defense, all of them have some kind of randomness factor.

I would think the devs would prefer some kind of advantage being given to those attacking. De-motivating people to attack others is sort of against the point of a crime-based game. I'd prefer it that way as well. You're gonna get robbed, you just have to do the best you can to make sure you aren't losing tons of money in the process. Maybe only build buildings you can collect during the waking hours, or make sure you've collected everything you can before you go to bed.

madawgg
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
devs have explained. when you rob someone, defender's def points is halved

Squishh
09-22-2011, 10:15 AM

If your profile defense is around 3000, it will be halved when someone is robbing your hood.

So if the rival robbing you has 2400 attack, and your robbery defense is only around 1500, the person robbing you will have free reign on your hood. You would need around 4800 defense to make this person have failed robbery attempts.

wupuck
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Folks getting robbed need to quit whining. It's part of the game and what makes it interesting. If your getting robbed, it means you defense isn't high enough.

K@le
09-22-2011, 03:31 PM
The defense points are not completely halved, i have read somewhere on this forum that defense towers are not halved so make a lot of them lol

phantom123
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes. According to Mark. The defense of your defensive buildings are not reduced to 50% unlike your gears. Hope that helps.

khung003
09-23-2011, 12:01 AM
According to dev, that character defense plus 50% to buildings defense. However those are not the only parameters to determine who will win the fight/rob.

IMO there are random factors that affect the fight result, such as 90% x total defense v.s 110% x total attack, it's called luck factor.

EpicNecro1
08-02-2013, 09:21 PM
What he said. ^^^