PDA

View Full Version : Must band "0" IPH players

firstaid
08-15-2014, 06:32 AM
There are so many players who are destroying the image of crime city. IPH is "0" is ridiculous and agree must band them. There is one player C-Money level 250 and over 100 mill att and def, he always attacked and robbed me. I can not attack on him because he has nothing to loose. Why they are playing and harassing others?! Gree think about it please.

Da Don
08-15-2014, 06:40 AM
It's all part of the game...
Everyone can play the game however they want. The only things u can do are either ignore him, or cry about it on the forums...

Don't like it? Maybe this game is not for you

TheJess
08-15-2014, 06:50 AM
There are so many players who are destroying the image of crime city. IPH is "0" is ridiculous and agree must band them. There is one player C-Money level 250 and over 100 mill att and def, he always attacked and robbed me. I can not attack on him because he has nothing to loose. Why they are playing and harassing others?! Gree think about it please.

The problem is imbalance., a few months ago most players complained about low IPH players being able to attack high IPH players and temporarily Gree fixed the player match ups to provide better balance. Then a small but vocal minority complained about the balance and gree reduced the IPH balance in the matching algorithm. That's why recently you've seen more of these types of match ups where you can't retaliate back.

sister morphine
08-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Some of them are crybabies who've sold all their own hood because they didn't like being robbed.

If you don't want them sniffing around either (a) collect on time, (b) sell your buildings, or (c) quit. Just don't give them links. But it's not like they're taking real money.

PC77
08-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Wanting all 0 iph accounts "Banned" just because you get attacked by one is just stupid. I've got a 2nd account that has a big fat 0 next to iph but that account was specifically created as an energy account for SLTQ.

Max Power
08-15-2014, 07:41 AM
I wouldn't mind if Gree mixed up the rival list every once in a while. I have had the same guy in my hood every hour on the hour for 2 months straight. Done all the usual tricks like changing collection times, stopping collecting for a while, never leaving links etc, and it is apparent that he is in my hood that often because he knows of my income and can always find me on the rival list.

With the alleged tens of thousands of players playing this game, it would be nice if it weren't so damn easy for him. I would like someone else to get a shot every once in a while.

Dctrbar
08-15-2014, 07:52 AM
I agree u cannot ban anyone for a style of play that is within the structure of the game...no matter how annoying it is. However, just like so many of the problems Gree has created by causing the game to become a "campers" game, the solution would be to give an incentive for actually playing the game. The more robberies u perform, the more fights u win, the more jobs u complete should all lead to being stronger than those that do not.

B0ST0N
08-15-2014, 08:00 AM
I agree u cannot ban anyone for a style of play that is within the structure of the game...no matter how annoying it is. However, just like so many of the problems Gree has created by causing the game to become a "campers" game, the solution would be to give an incentive for actually playing the game. The more robberies u perform, the more fights u win, the more jobs u complete should all lead to being stronger than those that do not.

I agree. I want to keep robbing and using my stamina. But then I won't be able to complete certain events

Nighteg
08-15-2014, 08:29 AM
The solution is pretty simple - BRING BACK THE OLD RIVALS LIST.

TheJess
08-15-2014, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't mind if Gree mixed up the rival list every once in a while. I have had the same guy in my hood every hour on the hour for 2 months straight. Done all the usual tricks like changing collection times, stopping collecting for a while, never leaving links etc, and it is apparent that he is in my hood that often because he knows of my income and can always find me on the rival list.

With the alleged tens of thousands of players playing this game, it would be nice if it weren't so damn easy for him. I would like someone else to get a shot every once in a while.

Valid point. Some variation is warranted.

On the bright side, think of what a sad and lonely life that guy has if he is spending all day looking for you in his rivals list.

Max Power
08-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Valid point. Some variation is warranted.

On the bright side, think of what a sad and lonely life that guy has if he is spending all day looking for you in his rivals list.

That thought has occurred to me....LOL!

smokey77
08-15-2014, 11:01 AM
the only time i begrudge someone robbing me is when they have zero or close to zero IPH :)

Max Power
08-15-2014, 11:28 AM
the only time i begrudge someone robbing me is when they have zero or close to zero IPH :)

I can understand that, but it makes me think of another question......what is the IPH of people that are getting robbed by people with 0 IPH? My understaning is that rivals are based off A/D as well as matching income, I have high income so I never see one, but I am real curious how low your IPH would have to be to see this? What is the range?

smokey77
08-15-2014, 11:33 AM
not sure about range , my IPH is $2million but i get allsorts on my rival list from massive IPH to virtually zero , the stats always vary hugely as well so im not sure what they base that rivals list on these days . same in battles i always match against people that just wipe the floor with me !!

Nighteg
08-15-2014, 11:37 AM
IPH, unfortunately, is a very low factor in the algorithm. I'm at 46m. The highest i've seen was around 80m (dudeman?), the lowest around 0m.

PedroPimples
08-15-2014, 12:08 PM
They should make it more of a part of rival list, maybe 20% either way of your own.

smokey77
08-15-2014, 12:23 PM
They should make it more of a part of rival list, maybe 20% either way of your own.

that way it would be fairer at least i could rob back against the more powerful players on my list , im only 3m attack/defense and i can get people way above that that i cant rob or attack

gcfreem
08-15-2014, 12:27 PM

I agree, but 20% is to narrow. It should be more like you can only see rivals with 0.25x to 4x your own IPH. If your IPH is zero, all you can see is zero.

Max Power
08-15-2014, 12:49 PM
I have about 32mil income and about 10m attack and defense. I see income hitting me from 4 million up to my level. This is just the range of people that hit me though. I never browse the list.

I do get some people on the A/D side that I have a hard time robbing back. That shouldn't happen.

Tadaaah
08-15-2014, 01:11 PM
There are some interesting points of view in this thread. We passed along some questions to see if some of the changes suggested are possible. Thanks.

Weasel
08-15-2014, 01:46 PM
It would be really cool if IPH were more of a factor in determining rivals. Obviously robbing is part of the game, but not being able to at least have a chance at retalliation is more boring than frustating, really. The other player gets to rob you all they like and you can just sit and watch until they get bored... There has to be something that makes more sense than that.

Similarly, having the same people being able to find you consistently after refreshing the rivals list only a few times becomes boring because it also means you consistently see the same people on your own rivals list.

t12pm
08-15-2014, 05:28 PM

The above mentioned is in my hood constantly also I don't mind robbers but the 0 income campers are what get to me at 25.5 mil iph I shouldn't see nearly as many as camp in my hood. I say put the leaches together let them rob each other pun intended until they build some iph

Perin
08-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Level 171, 53m attack and 4m IPH. I'm usually the robber. My 18hr buildings get robbed like 3 times per week. I don't have many 0 IPH people trying to rob me but I find a few in my rivals list while out collecting on unattended hoods

Benjibbks5
08-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Just open the whole rival list to all players and mix them up every time the rival list is loaded. This will add variation and "surprises" to the gameplay where you can sometime "strike the jackpot" and find someone with low stats but high IPH to rob and at the same time very difficult for you to find the same player again in the shortrun unless you are very lucky or spend a lot of time scrolling through the list.

TheJess
08-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Level 171, 53m attack and 4m IPH. I'm usually the robber. My 18hr buildings get robbed like 3 times per week. I don't have many 0 IPH people trying to rob me but I find a few in my rivals list while out collecting on unattended hoods

For Level 171 that's a very low IPH. Hate to break it to you, but that makes you one of the guys with the IPH disparity everyone is complaining about.

Perin
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM
For Level 171 that's a very low IPH. Hate to break it to you, but that makes you one of the guys with the IPH disparity everyone is complaining about.

LOL It's steady rising. I'll catch up soon

Weasel
08-15-2014, 11:12 PM

That may or may not be true. There might be some late bloomers who did not include hood economy as part of their play style early on. Or not, but who's to say? Others play their games and are not bound to any specific style or focus.

LOL It's steady rising. I'll catch up soon

Catching up is always good. What most people dislike is having the same person visit for robberies relentlessly... and the current rivals list kind of forces on us the same list of rivals one refresh after the other.

Not to defend those hood stalkers and leeches out there, but a lot of the attention received from such individuals is due to the current game mechanics. It would be a positive change if building a hood economy were required to visit rivals with similar economies. There would be incentive to build one's IPH in order to progress, rather than a feeling of "safety" obtained by having nothing to lose.

t12pm
08-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Not to defend those hood stalkers and leeches out there, but a lot of the attention received from such individuals is due to the current game mechanics. It would be a positive change if building a hood economy were required to visit rivals with similar economies. There would be incentive to build one's IPH in order to progress, rather than a feeling of "safety" obtained by having nothing to lose.

This is what I was getting at in my comment above let the ones who sold their hood or never built it see only low iph, no reason they should get to camp in people's hoods who are always building iph, even better change rivals list so it always puts up different people this would also end the camping leaches

SemoreButtz
08-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Those with 0 iph are basically butt hurt folks that couldn't collect their wittle building on time. So they took that out of the equation. And now siphon of those who suck it it up like big boys