PDA

View Full Version : Gree's attempt at translating names using Google translate

BrisingrBoss
08-12-2014, 08:35 AM
its pitiful Gree's attempt at translating the names of the items to make them Argentinian!!!
I bet they wanted to translate "attack fang" and got "atacar fang" on Google Translate. should have been "fang de attaque". "Atacar fang" means almost like "attack the fangs" as "atacar" is a conjugation if the verb attack in the infinitive. but since the "attack" original was a quality(adjective) of the actual fang, it should have been "fang de ataque" which would correctly translate to "attack fang" oh and Google translate will not get it right either way. The only way to get gogle top give you a correct translation for it, would be to put "attack Fangs" which translate to "colmillos de ataque" which you could then replace the word Fang back in, and call it "Fang de ataque".

GrimAmoeba
08-12-2014, 08:53 AM
its pitiful Gree's attempt at translating the names of the items to make them Argentinian!!!
I bet they wanted to translate "attack fang" and got "atacar fang" on Google Translate. should have been "fang de attaque". "Atacar fang" means almost like "attack the fangs" as "atacar" is a conjugation if the verb attack in the infinitive. but since the "attack" original was a quality(adjective) of the actual fang, it should have been "fang de ataque" which would correctly translate to "attack fang" oh and Google translate will not get it right either way. The only way to get gogle top give you a correct translation for it, would be to put "attack Fangs" which translate to "colmillos de ataque" which you could then replace the word Fang back in, and call it "Fang de ataque".

And we care why? It's a game, not real life. Put whatever they want, I'll take the pixels

BrisingrBoss
08-12-2014, 09:15 AM
you cared enough to reply!!!!

but the point is if they cant even care enough to get a translation correct. imagine everything else that goes wrong, like for example, the fact that the NORMAL part of this LTQ is useless, for both individual and faction, because there are NO MODS!!!!!

daniel pena
08-12-2014, 11:32 AM
In fact, "attack" means "ataque" and "to attack" means "atacar"
so, here in brazil or even there in argentina, attack fang woult be translated to:
ataque fang or fang ataque for both portuguese and spanish
and for each one:
brazil: ataque de fang
spanish: ataque del fang

anyway...

Thatkidyouknow
08-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Gree has spelled many things wrong. In cc, they misspelled "stolen artifacts" to "stolen artifcacts" and they misspelled goggles to googles.

GrimAmoeba
08-12-2014, 12:15 PM
you cared enough to reply!!!!

but the point is if they cant even care enough to get a translation correct. imagine everything else that goes wrong, like for example, the fact that the NORMAL part of this LTQ is useless, for both individual and faction, because there are NO MODS!!!!!

Replying does not equal caring. Simple concept.
Normal parts of either of these haven't had a mod until the past few cycles and you are telling me nobody did them?

Mr Art0is
08-12-2014, 12:17 PM
One of the most bizarre OP's I've ever seen

GrimAmoeba
08-12-2014, 12:27 PM

And has OP had any comment that wasn't complaining or bizarre?

Mr Art0is
08-12-2014, 12:33 PM
And has OP had any comment that wasn't complaining or bizarre?

I'll let you ponder that one

Bndawgs
08-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Should we request refunds from google and itunes?

Arizona
08-12-2014, 02:59 PM

I quite enjoyed the language lesson. It makes a change from the usual whining about events.

Gen CheeBye
08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
That's the least of Gree's problems.

Dirty Mind
08-12-2014, 06:41 PM

Thank you Bill Nye the Science Guy

BrisingrBoss
08-12-2014, 08:10 PM
In fact, "attack" means "ataque" and "to attack" means "atacar"
so, here in brazil or even there in argentina, attack fang woult be translated to:
ataque fang or fang ataque for both portuguese and spanish
and for each one:
brazil: ataque de fang
spanish: ataque del fang

anyway...

actually i am from Brazil but I've lived in the US for over 15 years. long enough to know that "attack fang" does not translate to "atacar fang" unless it was written as "attack THE fang" in fact "attack fang" you could replace for something like "yellow fang" as yellow would have the same use as attack, which is the type of fang(as opposed to defense fang). In fact attack here is not a verb, but an adjective, same as, for example, yellow. which would translate to "fang amarelo" or, in this case, "fang de ataque". you should know attack is not just a verb but can also be used as an adjective, like in this case.

Major Elvis Newton
08-13-2014, 02:09 PM
I will assemble the prayer warriors and we will oust the demons from Gree headquarters that have caused this senseless grammatical massacre.

actually i am from Brazil but I've lived in the US for over 15 years. long enough to know that "attack fang" does not translate to "atacar fang" unless it was written as "attack THE fang" in fact "attack fang" you could replace for something like "yellow fang" as yellow would have the same use as attack, which is the type of fang(as opposed to defense fang). In fact attack here is not a verb, but an adjective, same as, for example, yellow. which would translate to "fang amarelo" or, in this case, "fang de ataque". you should know attack is not just a verb but can also be used as an adjective, like in this case.

786TRYX
08-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I got 99 problems but a ***** ain't one

Retired and not happy
11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
And we care why? It's a game, not real life. Put whatever they want, I'll take the pixels

Not everyone has an apathetic view. Its this very reason we can't stand together as one and make Gree change their ways.
Thanks to the author for bringing this up. Its very painful to read bad grammar and decipher bad spelling. Let the dumb people remain dumb. I have no time to argue with apathetic losers.
But please next time author of thread do a spell check first. You missed the letter o in the word google. Kinda makes you a hypocrite pointing out Grees typos but you cant get your own words correct.

BrisingrBoss
11-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Not everyone has an apathetic view. Its this very reason we can't stand together as one and make Gree change their ways.
Thanks to the author for bringing this up. Its very painful to read bad grammar and decipher bad spelling. Let the dumb people remain dumb. I have no time to argue with apathetic losers.
But please next time author of thread do a spell check first. You missed the letter o in the word google. Kinda makes you a hypocrite pointing out Grees typos but you cant get your own words correct.

I also typed "top" instead of "to" for the next word after "gogle". all typing errors which happen when you are trying to type fast, and unrelated to translation errors. still besides the point, and why would you necro such an old thread????

Adm.
11-26-2014, 03:36 AM
Well isn't that appropriate. Go ahead Gree, translate that please lol.

SunWuKong
11-26-2014, 05:36 AM
thats really funny....failed translation.

Adm.
11-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Why is it I have to tell a mod how to do their job? Maybe I should apply for the job.

Huj
11-26-2014, 11:37 PM
the veikong strikes again!

Adm.
11-27-2014, 05:06 AM
There are almost three pages of these accounts in the members list, yet even after informing the mods of this they still aren't banned? Anybody got some iTunes or google play cards?

Dirty Mind
11-27-2014, 12:09 PM
I SHOULD'A SHOT YOUR ASS BACK IN DA NANG WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!!!
---RIP Sam Kinison