PDA

View Full Version : World chat?

Cavalryman
08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Pretty much every MMO has a chat for everyone to talk smack to each other in. Also, maybe keep stats like kill/death or wins and losses? Something to make the game more competitive?

Amadeus
08-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Pretty much every MMO has a chat for everyone to talk smack to each other in. Also, maybe keep stats like kill/death or wins and losses? Something to make the game more competitive?
At the end of every versus event it gives you your kill/death status when you are given the final rewards for versus.

Cavalryman
08-12-2014, 07:01 PM
But not a running count right?

Maddogg
08-12-2014, 11:33 PM
World chat is nice but I foresee it causing lag problems. If this is added please put in an option to not download that part and have to see all the scrolling text, not everyone will enjoy it. It's distracting and causes games to became laggy if not on a big enough server. I seen and read plenty of smack talking in WoW. Ingame mail or private chat would be a better option IMO.

Bloodanguts
08-13-2014, 11:33 AM
World chat is nice but I foresee it causing lag problems. If this is added please put in an option to not download that part and have to see all the scrolling text, not everyone will enjoy it. It's distracting and causes games to became laggy if not on a big enough server. I seen and read plenty of smack talking in WoW. Ingame mail or private chat would be a better option IMO.

I think the chat we got right now is fine. The bigger alliences have opted to download a chat app. I don't remember the name of this app but sounds cool. I have found that there's not a lot of chatty people in L.o.w. I am too concerned with the lag problem we are already experiencing. Another drain on a small server would not be prudent. Happy hunting.

Tadaaah
08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! We'll pass this along.