PDA

View Full Version : High level players

Cats
08-10-2014, 09:09 PM
We are having level 250's quitting the game in our syn because of the difficulty they have in events. EB is impossible unless they spend a lot more gold than the other levels. They're not starting over with new accounts because, well, they've been playing long enough to be level 250. Why make it so difficult for people that have been playing for a long time? Most games reward you for leveling up but you punish them for it. Bottom line is the game is no longer fun for them. I'm level 235 and couldn't get past lvl 72 on EB unless I used gold or didn't put my device down for the duration of the event. My mini is level 118 and had no problem getting through 100. I don't even do LTQ's anymore bc I don't want the xp on my main acct. I realize this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseam but it's because you're not doing anything to make it irrelevant. When I reach lvl 250 I'll probably consider myself done with the game as well unless there is some benefit in continuing.

el-nino76
08-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I have been playing since day 1. Yesterday was my last day. I got to lev 244 but lost the fun during all events. Happy hunting. BAWS

montecore
08-10-2014, 09:54 PM
you need to buy gold, so you can improve your stats, so you can finish events. then buy more, so you can finish events, so you can improve your stats. thats all the game is.

polly
08-10-2014, 10:50 PM
And aditudes like that make it worse

I will probably quit when I get to the point I can't finish eb

Miss Soprano
08-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I don't know how players let themselves get to level 250. Then again I never touched an LTQ. I knew it was a scam of gree's...

t12pm
08-11-2014, 01:01 AM
We are having level 250's quitting the game in our syn because of the difficulty they have in events. EB is impossible unless they spend a lot more gold than the other levels. They're not starting over with new accounts because, well, they've been playing long enough to be level 250. Why make it so difficult for people that have been playing for a long time? Most games reward you for leveling up but you punish them for it. Bottom line is the game is no longer fun for them. I'm level 235 and couldn't get past lvl 72 on EB unless I used gold or didn't put my device down for the duration of the event. My mini is level 118 and had no problem getting through 100. I don't even do LTQ's anymore bc I don't want the xp on my main acct. I realize this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseam but it's because you're not doing anything to make it irrelevant. When I reach lvl 250 I'll probably consider myself done with the game as well unless there is some benefit in continuing.

Wondering why you couldn't get past 72? I am 244 and didn't need gold until 99 but that was just so I didn't have to time hits never timed anything and won't . Just curious

sister morphine
08-11-2014, 01:12 AM
Wondering why you couldn't get past 72? I am 244 and didn't need gold until 99 but that was just so I didn't have to time hits never timed anything and won't . Just curious
Not strong enough? I'm level 207 and finished. Used gold on 100 because I can't do 16 hits in two hours, and frankly timing it out on 99 was enough!

Nighteg
08-11-2014, 02:08 AM
I could finish EB at 249 for free, but 250 is a kick in the balls. I could only reach 71. At the moment there is not s single free event that i can finish in this "free" game.
Now that they've decided to take away purchasable weapons in SLTQs they took away another part where long time players had an advantage.
I would to love to hear Tadaaah's comment on this one.

Cats
08-11-2014, 04:56 AM
Probably not strong enough and the fact I couldn't spend the entire weekend on the game. At 64 I needed 4 paid hits. I'd die, then come back and finish with a free one. It was that and up to 5 paid hits and a free by the time I hit 72. Not worth all the effort from that point to get to 100. Which sucks, because I need the mod more than my mini, with which I'm a little wiser. I just can't ditch my main after the years and efforts involved. And I'm still 15 levels from 250.

B0ST0N
08-11-2014, 05:04 AM
They make enough $$ from battles. EB gets harder.. and yes a lot of people finish making their stats higher. But its get annoying seeing people who played for a longer time can't beat some of these. They should fix it. BECAUSE IT IS BROKEN. I can finish it... but I bet next time will suck.. and after that it will be impossible.

Benjibbks5
08-11-2014, 05:24 AM
I can understand that you need to make EB stronger as players are also stronger in stats. Players at all levels are getting stronger at about the same pace (at least most of us as evident from the rival list) so why just pick on lv 250s?

Also, in case the the developers at Gree are stupid enough to ped the EB health increase to overall stats increase, I would like to remind them that only raw attacks are applicable to EB damage. I am very sure that the increase in general raw attacks is outpaced by the increase in EB health by a mile.

dip.stick
08-11-2014, 12:10 PM
you need to buy gold, so you can improve your stats, so you can finish events. then buy more, so you can finish events, so you can improve your stats. thats all the game is.

Improve stats by spending money? Stats that are worthless in real life, you deserve a prize sir! Only you could suggest turning real life cash into something valueless!

dip.stick
08-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Why wait for level 250?

Morgz
08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm a long way from level 250, but if it's still that way when I do reach it, I will consider myself a winner and stop playing.

dip.stick
08-11-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm a long way from level 250, but if it's still that way when I do reach it, I will consider myself a winner and stop playing.

You are already a winner, playing this game make you a looser ...

B0ST0N
08-11-2014, 12:34 PM

Loser** :)

M15
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM

Loser** :)

makes** :)

Morgz
08-11-2014, 01:22 PM
I am a looser loser. I'm looser than dipstik, but he don't lose.

t12pm
08-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Probably not strong enough and the fact I couldn't spend the entire weekend on the game. At 64 I needed 4 paid hits. I'd die, then come back and finish with a free one. It was that and up to 5 paid hits and a free by the time I hit 72. Not worth all the effort from that point to get to 100. Which sucks, because I need the mod more than my mini, with which I'm a little wiser. I just can't ditch my main after the years and efforts involved. And I'm still 15 levels from 250.

Was curious, I got 6 levels to 250 haven't bought any substantial gold since the rivals list change just the 20 dollars now and then, I imagine if they don't raise the level cap soon I will be done also, 250 tier health is total BS, I am very picky what I do now haven't robbed in a long time, no individual ltq's raid and eb very carefully all eb is done for the syn quest

Cats
08-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Was curious, I got 6 levels to 250 haven't bought any substantial gold since the rivals list change just the 20 dollars now and then, I imagine if they don't raise the level cap soon I will be done also, 250 tier health is total BS, I am very picky what I do now haven't robbed in a long time, no individual ltq's raid and eb very carefully all eb is done for the syn quest
No problem! I'm happy to answer you, not like there's much to hide lol. I'm naive, though, to the reasons why the programmers are discouraging the people that pay their wages.....

Sandhawk
08-11-2014, 07:08 PM
No problem! I'm happy to answer you, not like there's much to hide lol. I'm naive, though, to the reasons why the programmers are discouraging the people that pay their wages.....

You don't pay their wages, the top 1% do. You, like most of us, amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Your voice will not be heard, your thoughts and feelings will be trampled on, all for the bottom line. Unless you bring $$$,$$$. to the table, your opinions will not matter. Even publicly. The sooner you accept this the better...

Simon.
08-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Holy crap - in what universe is it your right to finish every event? The point of having a goal is to work to achieve it - if it was easy, what's the point? Where does it say that when you get to lvl250 you're given a free ride? Clearly, by not finishing the event you are at the limit of your character's capabilities which can only be overcome by spending gold and more time on the game (which is the common complaint).

You could argue you have to spend gold to get the stat increase, this is true if you want the increase quickly, but it is also achievable by not spending, it's just 10 times slower - and yes, Gree keep making things more challenging, but you just need to accept the fact that you can only achieve so much with the budget and time you have allocated to yourself to play the game. You cant blame Gree for your poor Budget or Time management, and you can't blame them for making the goals unachievable if you don't spend any real money on the game.

Just remember, this game can be played for Free, it is not a Free game though unless you choose to make it a free game.

Elite goals cost Gold to achieve - and sometimes a lot of it
Regular goals are usually achievable with zero gold spend @ higher levels.

Most of us accept we have limits....

At 64 I needed 4 paid hits. I'd die, then come back and finish with a free one. It was that and up to 5 paid hits and a free by the time I hit 72.

Cats...that's just poor strategy - do 3 paid hits, wait 2-3min then do another paid and a free - why wait 24 min when you only need to wait 2 min? you can get 5 hits in with a full bar and a teeny bit of patience.

Seriphia
08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I sat and suffered in silence after I reached lvl 200 a few weeks ago. I sat on the last 24hr and weekend war doing nothing much more than PAin the DLs, trying to hold off my lvl up to 201 until the next epic boss event to start.

Well, it worked... but I haven't raised my ground zero syndicate to the top 300 to sit on my hands and NOT PLAY. Gree doesn't seem to care one bit about it's players that have been with CC longer than they have. Never have I ever heard of a game where it bites to lvl up. Leave it to our devrlopers to make something as simple as a higher level to chime at us like a death toll

Seriphia
zomB
368 267 317

Fredfreddy
08-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I've been playing for 3 years and am L120 on my 3 year old main, L250 on my 2 year old mini. My "mini" I use to rob, attack, and do LTQs and SLTQs, while my main fights in wars and does EB/RB. Having 2 accts lets me participate in all events while not becoming a liability to the syndicate. Can't really call myself a camper anymore since I do 80-90k in war but it should extend my relevance as long as possible

Simon.
08-11-2014, 10:09 PM
I've been playing for 3 years and am L120 on my 3 year old main, L250 on my 2 year old mini. My "mini" I use to rob, attack, and do LTQs and SLTQs, while my main fights in wars and does EB/RB. Having 2 accts lets me participate in all events while not becoming a liability to the syndicate. Can't really call myself a camper anymore since I do 80-90k in war but it should extend my relevance as long as possible

Yes, it has come to the point where you really need 2 accounts minimum to be effective in all events and to be a serious contributor to your syndicate (unless you have an account with mega stats) IMO you really need 3 accounts now to contribute big numbers to the syn as I wont personally cough enough real money to finish all the elite goals.

Max Power
08-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Holy crap - in what universe is it your right to finish every event? The point of having a goal is to work to achieve it - if it was easy, what's the point? Where does it say that when you get to lvl250 you're given a free ride? Clearly, by not finishing the event you are at the limit of your character's capabilities which can only be overcome by spending gold and more time on the game (which is the common complaint).

You could argue you have to spend gold to get the stat increase, this is true if you want the increase quickly, but it is also achievable by not spending, it's just 10 times slower - and yes, Gree keep making things more challenging, but you just need to accept the fact that you can only achieve so much with the budget and time you have allocated to yourself to play the game. You cant blame Gree for your poor Budget or Time management, and you can't blame them for making the goals unachievable if you don't spend any real money on the game.

Just remember, this game can be played for Free, it is not a Free game though unless you choose to make it a free game.

Elite goals cost Gold to achieve - and sometimes a lot of it
Regular goals are usually achievable with zero gold spend @ higher levels.

Most of us accept we have limits....

Cats...that's just poor strategy - do 3 paid hits, wait 2-3min then do another paid and a free - why wait 24 min when you only need to wait 2 min? you can get 5 hits in with a full bar and a teeny bit of patience.

Lotta truth in this. For some reason there is a prevailing belief that everybody has to finish every event, and should be able to do so cheaply. The screaming that occurs when events get harder is comical.

Nighteg
08-12-2014, 08:13 AM
There's a big difference between being able to finish every event and not being able to finish any event.

sister morphine
08-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Lotta truth in this. For some reason there is a prevailing belief that everybody has to finish every event, and should be able to do so cheaply. The screaming that occurs when events get harder is comical.
There's enough truth to stop it being a lie, and enough falsehoods to call it specious IMO.

If a player has an energy bonus then they should be able to make it past half way in an LTQ; if not I'm doubtful.... even with good time management. The prize for finishing regular is not that great anyway so shouldn't be over-hyped as a good result.

People complain because they know even without starting an LTQ that it will cost them at least $100 (or equivalent) worth of gold to have any hope of finishing. It doesn't matter how good your past and present play is, there is not a chance of finishing for less.

I'm not saying all active players should finish all events; that would indeed be stupid. But if those who play an event well should have a chance to get close enough that a small amount of gold can take them over the finish line it might act as an incentive to buy a bit here and there. Players could make a choice as to whether the spend is worth it to them depending on how far they got. As things stand now, there is zero incentive to do the quests at all if a vault or more seems outlandishly expensive for a single event (even more so with three or four events per cycle).

Max Power
08-12-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm not saying all active players should finish all events; that would indeed be stupid. But if those who play an event well should have a chance to get close enough that a small amount of gold can take them over the finish line it might act as an incentive to buy a bit here and there. Players could make a choice as to whether the spend is worth it to them depending on how far they got. As things stand now, there is zero incentive to do the quests at all if a vault or more seems outlandishly expensive for a single event (even more so with three or four events per cycle).

That is an ever moving line that Gree adjusts on the fly based on what people spend. Yes, there will be hard events and if Gree sees that they are so hard that casual spenders have dropped off to the point where the people who always spend to finish an event can't cover the casual players lack of spending, they will adjust the DOD until they get a balance back. If an event is too easy, they will figure that out as well. This is all basic actuary work that even a company with bad programming like Gree should be able to figure out.

In essence, complaining about DOD on a forum will do absolutely nothing to change events, spending habits will.

It just gets old when people complain about how much they have to spend to finish an event. Not finishing an event is free, and a viable option. In one is so addicted that they feel they have to finish every event, that's on them, not Gree.

Dklv
08-12-2014, 09:17 AM
The simple fact here is you are confusing 2 totally different events. EB has always been a very easy to finish event for all people. Ltqs, Sltqs and rb have always been impossible to finish without gold. The real issue here is that there are people in low levels that can finish the boss with 2 cash hits, and long time, high level players that give up on 83 with 13 cash hits. I understand the teir base, and agree with it, however, there needs to be a common place for all tiers. If 100% of people that are active and have 26 minute timers set under lvl 200 can complete it gold free, but only 10% of those same sort of users lvl 250 can complete it for free, something is wrong. The amount of effort you put into this game should be rewarded equally. In the case of ltqs, Sltqs and ltbs it is. Rb is a fun event that is kinda in the middle ground. But EB, well that has lost all the shine that it once had. If you hate long time high level players so much gree why don't you just kill their account when they hit lvl 250. Wouldn't that be easier.

Cats
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Well, there are too many post to quote in here so I'll try and do a blanket response. You're absolutely right, there is nothing that says that we should be able to finish an event, but at the same time we shouldn't go into it knowing we're not going to finish it without spending real cash- lots of it for a "free" game. And yes, maybe my strategy in EB was incorrect. I didn't really want to sit on the couch for an entire weekend with the device in my hands to be able to finish. Without getting so messed up in the details, i.e. strategy, choice to play, feelings of entitlement, etc.,the point is, this is not the first complaint so evidently I am not the only one that feels this way. Somebody needs to listen at least a little bit. The problem is the people that have reached level 250 have been playing for a long time. And during that period of time it's only been made harder for the loyal players as opposed to people that are just starting. Face it, in order to reach level 250 you've had to put in some serious time. Several changes been made to the game since the beginning. I'm just suggesting that maybe somehow or another there be a benefit to an obviously loyal player. And before I get replies of "I'm a level 60, and I'm a loyal player" surely everyone can figure out that I'm talking about years worth of time invested and essentially getting left in the dust as programming has flexed it's muscles benefit lower and medium level players. I have a mini. My mini has 5mil more attack and 3mil more defense than I do bc of the ease of which she can finish an event without spending the grocery money. And of course we are all not going to agree on this, that's okay, these are my struggles with the game.

Dipstik
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Well, there are too many post to quote in here so I'll try and do a blanket response. You're absolutely right, there is nothing that says that we should be able to finish an event, but at the same time we shouldn't go into it knowing we're not going to finish it without spending real cash- lots of it for a "free" game. And yes, maybe my strategy in EB was incorrect. I didn't really want to sit on the couch for an entire weekend with the device in my hands to be able to finish. Without getting so messed up in the details, i.e. strategy, choice to play, feelings of entitlement, etc.,the point is, this is not the first complaint so evidently I am not the only one that feels this way. Somebody needs to listen at least a little bit. The problem is the people that have reached level 250 have been playing for a long time. And during that period of time it's only been made harder for the loyal players as opposed to people that are just starting. Face it, in order to reach level 250 you've had to put in some serious time. Several changes been made to the game since the beginning. I'm just suggesting that maybe somehow or another there be a benefit to an obviously loyal player. And before I get replies of "I'm a level 60, and I'm a loyal player" surely everyone can figure out that I'm talking about years worth of time invested and essentially getting left in the dust as programming has flexed it's muscles benefit lower and medium level players. I have a mini. My mini has 5mil more attack and 3mil more defense than I do bc of the ease of which she can finish an event without spending the grocery money. And of course we are all not going to agree on this, that's okay, these are my struggles with the game.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608033340619622932&pid=15.1&P=0

Cats
08-12-2014, 12:10 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608033340619622932&pid=15.1&P=0

Lol, don't care!

B0ST0N
08-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Dippy just likes to up his post count. Notice how he didn't have the time to read your post, yet he can post an image. LOL

Dipstik
08-12-2014, 01:09 PM
My post added more value than his did. Trust me.

Max Power
08-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Face it, in order to reach level 250 you've had to put in some serious time.

To all the players that have made that level, they know the drill, and are continuing to play. Some like me have quit any syndicates and have played for free for 2 years on their own schedules, some continue to spend and be dedicated and have the stats to reflect it. Either way, both have been at it long enough to not be surprised by any events.

But...but....how would you know?

Dipstik
08-12-2014, 01:25 PM
Supreme confidence in my own self-worth.

#smug

TheJess
08-12-2014, 01:37 PM

I think your complaint, and that of many others, is that they keep moving the goalposts. That's a correct observation, and seems to be an effort to keep the game challenging. So as time goes on, it likely will keep getting tougher to achieve different goals. That leaves loyal players such as you with a choice. Either keep playing and be frustrated with this, or find another form of entertainment where the goals do not get tougher to achieve. In the latter, the challenge is to go up to higher levels, where you can achieve still higher prizes. However, the Gree games historically have not worked that way. I'm not agreeing with them, and actually have found it short sighted on their part. But they've made clear since syndicates started that they intend to continue the practice.

Winnson
08-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Have you guys got enter keys? You can use them to break up walls of text.

Cats
08-12-2014, 03:55 PM

No, it didn't

Cats
08-12-2014, 03:56 PM

I just put my 229 posts into one, saves time! ��

fan139
08-12-2014, 08:26 PM

I see the problem with this being the free ride is given to the newer players, yes Gree cant make the game impossible at the start, but with a new mini i created it went all the way to 99 on 1 free hit.....
Just throwing this out there what if eb health was set on your indivudal stats or stats group say within a 5 mil range, so its hard to complete but fair for players and people would still spend gold to save themselves time

sister morphine
08-12-2014, 10:03 PM
I see the problem with this being the free ride is given to the newer players, yes Gree cant make the game impossible at the start, but with a new mini i created it went all the way to 99 on 1 free hit.....
Just throwing this out there what if eb health was set on your indivudal stats or stats group say within a 5 mil range, so its hard to complete but fair for players and people would still spend gold to save themselves time
Not on individual.... that would be too simple and wouldn't separate the better/more active players from the herd. But maybe if boss health in each tier could be set according to the median stats immediately after the previous war (or after raid boss event). So the stronger players would find it easier and the weaker harder.

plavine
08-13-2014, 05:30 AM

Unfortunately - your mini being so successfully is what is screwing your level 250 player . I agree with you , but you can't have it both ways in gree land

Cats
08-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Unfortunately - your mini being so successfully is what is screwing your level 250 player . I agree with you , but you can't have it both ways in gree land
You're right. It really brings to light how difficult it is to be a higher level player with a mini that's kicking my behind
and glides through!
I'm not quite to 250 yet. In our syn we're always posting how many hits it's taking to kill an EB. We have such a variety. Our lvl 250's will be on 3 paid by level 35 while others are still getting 1-2 free hits. That has prompted some of our 250s to quit, and me to post this thread

Max Power
08-13-2014, 06:11 AM

Do

you

have

ADHD?

The NSA
08-13-2014, 07:20 AM
It's embarrassing, but I'm level 167 and my stats are hardly over 3 mil.. so I can't do jack with EB as is, and that just puts me further behind. I like playing the game, though- I foolishly went through the first 100 levels or so not really caring and just doing all the events, all the robbing, while also not being in an anywhere near decent syndicate. I foolishly thought the game worked like 99% of video games- the more you play the more you grow. It's just odd that Gree's formula is to actively discourage people from trying to advance in the game- you should do certain events and not others, you need to join a solid syndicate at the exact moment someone might want you but not when you've leveled up past a certain point, etc. Crap dude, i just wanted to tap a screen and slowly build stats- I wasn't aware that I was actually jobbing myself in the long run.

smokey77
08-13-2014, 07:28 AM
It's embarrassing, but I'm level 167 and my stats are hardly over 3 mil.. so I can't do jack with EB as is, and that just puts me further behind. I like playing the game, though- I foolishly went through the first 100 levels or so not really caring and just doing all the events, all the robbing, while also not being in an anywhere near decent syndicate. I foolishly thought the game worked like 99% of video games- the more you play the more you grow. It's just odd that Gree's formula is to actively discourage people from trying to advance in the game- you should do certain events and not others, you need to join a solid syndicate at the exact moment someone might want you but not when you've leveled up past a certain point, etc. Crap dude, i just wanted to tap a screen and slowly build stats- I wasn't aware that I was actually jobbing myself in the long run.

same as me , im level 170 with 3m-ish stats i got to level 55 with e.b . same as with battles im always against people i have no chance of beating most of the time i can only get points with a power attack , so the new 11hour or 24h battle is a waste of time for me

sister morphine
08-13-2014, 10:03 AM
You're not totally screwed. When I joined my current syndicate about 5 or 6 months ago my attack was a miserable 5.5 mil; now it's 72 mil. OK, so you'll never be in TAW but who cares if the game is fun for you.

Cats
08-14-2014, 04:28 AM
Do

you

have

ADHD?

Haha, this amused me...

Simon.
08-14-2014, 04:59 PM
You're right. It really brings to light how difficult it is to be a higher level player with a mini that's kicking my behind
and glides through!
I'm not quite to 250 yet. In our syn we're always posting how many hits it's taking to kill an EB. We have such a variety. Our lvl 250's will be on 3 paid by level 35 while others are still getting 1-2 free hits. That has prompted some of our 250s to quit, and me to post this thread

This is Western thinking at its finest - the rich deserve to get richer while the poor stay poor and struggle? hurr...I've invested 2 years and thousands of dollars in this account, this new account has dominated a single event and it's unfair so I quit! What's wrong with having 1 single event that's geared toward the low level player rather than the high level player? Hey, look, I'd prefer my lvl250 account got 100 bosses too, but it doesn't...whoopee, there's always the RB next week!

I'm thinking there's some pretty bruised ego's out there. As I said earlier, why does everyone think its their right to dominate every event when you're a high level? Sometimes, things get geared to help the little guy...suck it up princesses!

Dipstik
08-14-2014, 05:05 PM
This is Western thinking at its finest - the rich deserve to get richer while the poor stay poor and struggle?

More like the people who put forth the effort deserve to be rewarded. I'm glad I don't live in whatever dark, miserable corner of the world doesn't think that way.

FrapMaster
08-14-2014, 06:02 PM
This is Western thinking at its finest - the rich deserve to get richer while the poor stay poor and struggle? hurr...I've invested 2 years and thousands of dollars in this account, this new account has dominated a single event and it's unfair so I quit! What's wrong with having 1 single event that's geared toward the low level player rather than the high level player?

Alot is wrong actually. As NSA mentioned, I can't think of another game that makes it a negative to level. Why should a player who has put in the time, effort and resources to achieve the highest level possible be unable to finish an event like EB, yet a low level newb starting out can do it with no problems? Finishing the EB event gives a nice prize usually... why shouldn't a level 250 have a reasonable chance to get it?

In fact, what event does a 250 have the edge over a lower level acct? EB - no, RB - no, Battle - no, Box Event - no, LTB - not really, LTQ - lol.

In my opinion, a player who has been dedicated to the game deserves to reap all the rewards a new player can and then some.

...whoopee, there's always the RB next week!

And that low level account can ride your coat tails and get the same rewards as you.

I'm thinking there's some pretty bruised ego's out there. As I said earlier, why does everyone think its their right to dominate every event when you're a high level? Sometimes, things get geared to help the little guy...suck it up princesses!

I don't think it's about egos; it's common sense. I'm not anywhere near 250, but as things are now I have no reason to try and get there any time soon. As a matter of fact, it should be there right to dominate the eevnts.

Eraleth
08-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Bring back different Epic Boss Tier rewards.
Higher tiers get better rewards. Want better loot? Level the hell up.

The problem with implementing that now is that you either need to stop giving out modifiers like they're candy, which will piss a lot of ppl off.... or add better modifiers to the top rewards as incentive, which will further accelerate the runaway stat inflation.

So in lieu of that... How hard it would be to design an event with a much higher minimum level? There are already min lvls required for LTQ and EB. Just set a min lvl of 150, 175 or 200 or whatever. Call it the Old Farts Represent Event.

Eraleth
08-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I can't think of another game that makes it a negative to level.

I can. But they're all Gree titles.

In my opinion, a player who has been dedicated to the game deserves to reap all the rewards a new player can and then some.
This. x1000

Bleach
08-14-2014, 08:12 PM
High lvl player have several edge RB bc you should be in a good syndicate ltb bc you should have good iph ltq bc you should have more energy only event low lvl player have a edge in is eb and you miss out on two modifier bc you should get the syndicate one. Reason eb easy for new ppl is so they want to play the game and it not impossible for them to get stronger so they stick with the game. Eb does get took advantage of by low lvl but no reason to quit get stronger and beat eb.

Simon.
08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
What's wrong with having 1 single event that's geared toward the low level player rather than the high level player?

You miss the point of my argument specific to the EB event as per above - 1 single event geared toward lower levels... what's wrong with that? Why does every event have to be geared toward high stat/high level accounts? Re Campers, nothing you can do about it except boot them from the syn. At least if they are low level the EB will boost their stats by about 1 mil and they can contribute something back to the syn.

BrisingrBoss
08-14-2014, 08:40 PM
You miss the point of my argument specific to the EB event as per above - 1 single event geared toward lower levels... what's wrong with that? Why does every event have to be geared toward high stat/high level accounts? Re Campers, nothing you can do about it except boot them from the syn. At least if they are low level the EB will boost their stats by about 1 mil and they can contribute something back to the syn.

nobody is saying low levels should be unable to finish it. we are saying high levels should also be able to finish it. with reasonable effort. we are saying it should be about the same effort for both low levels and high levels. your level shouldnt have anything to do with it. or make it based on your own strength, regardless of level. so boss 100 is going to be like 15x your own defense or something like that

Simon.
08-14-2014, 08:44 PM
nobody is saying low levels should be unable to finish it. we are saying high levels should also be able to finish it. with reasonable effort. we are saying it should be about the same effort for both low levels and high levels. your level shouldnt have anything to do with it. or make it based on your own strength, regardless of level.

Again...missing the point! Then it wouldn't be geared toward low levels - it would be geared for all levels...like every other event.

so boss 100 is going to be like 15x your own defense or something like that

That would actually make sense...if the intention of the event is to make it equally challenging for every account - have not seen any evidence of that though.

t12pm
08-15-2014, 01:16 AM
It's not that hard to figure out why everything requires so much! Gree sees all the money being dumped by top teams to finish everything now, so why make anything easier it is money they are after and if it keeps getting dumped like it is events will keep getting worse

TheJess
08-15-2014, 06:44 AM
When I reach lvl 250 I'll probably consider myself done with the game as well unless there is some benefit in continuing.

^^^from OP. Interesting point, viewing getting to top level as being finished with the game. Spread of such views could help the players stuck with gaming addictions, who keep playing after hitting 250 even though they view it as pointless.

SemoreButtz
08-16-2014, 05:30 AM
I agree with many views here. Gree need tp fix the EB for lvl 250s about 4 EBs ago IMO they had it just right...where if you were active and patient you could get close...and then finish with a bit of gold...not very fair when 250 start needing cash hits on level 11 or so while lvl 100s can 1 free-hit all the way to lvl 100 bosses