PDA

View Full Version : Energy glitch simple fix

Who dares wins
08-10-2014, 09:40 AM
We all know of the energy glitch currently being reviewed by gree and there slow response to a fix ... Well anyone with a brain cell could fix it simply by having the game auto shut down and restart the moment the device loses signal that way when they finally turn off airplane mode they won't get chance to hit the npc one final time. I hate cheats and gree really need to fix it soon or I'm off. I dnt pay to play for nothing .....

Please sort or you will give all us legit iOS players a bad name!!!!

redvenge99
08-10-2014, 09:49 AM
And its so obvious on who uses it just look at the faction recruitment threads. There are a ton of factions 250 and up claiming to finish all fltqs.. Come on really with all there +3-+5 regens..lol yep good luck finishing fltqs with those regen rates

Sumiala
08-10-2014, 10:01 AM
We all know of the energy glitch currently being reviewed by gree and there slow response to a fix ... Well anyone with a brain cell could fix it simply by having the game auto shut down and restart the moment the device loses signal that way when they finally turn off airplane mode they won't get chance to hit the npc one final time. I hate cheats and gree really need to fix it soon or I'm off. I dnt pay to play for nothing .....

Please sort or you will give all us legit iOS players a bad name!!!!

Although I think the message was written with good intent, the proposed solution is no good.
But agreed, Gree needs to tackle this problem, it totally skews the factions.

Shinedown Gree
08-10-2014, 12:09 PM
While many weaker factions use the energy glitch, that doesn't mean all do. Think about this; what if they had a retired top account or just players who spend much gold to help the team?

τнε RJ
08-10-2014, 12:14 PM
While many weaker factions use the energy glitch, that doesn't mean all do. Think about this; what if they had a retired top account or just players who spend much gold to help the team?

How many of them get retired players and help?? The may be top 75 will finish the ltq lol

Shinedown Gree
08-10-2014, 12:15 PM
How many of them get retired players and help?? The may be top 75 will finish the ltq lol

I know many players buy top accounts or think of it in this case: A top 10 player is retiring and wants to go back to his original top 250 faction

Systematrix
08-10-2014, 12:44 PM
The flaw in your logic OP is that your fix would require constant calls to the server to validate connection which in turn
would increase the already enormous amount of data used to astronomical levels.

There is already a thread on this topic where I posted my suggested fix here:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97167-Gree-stop-the-FLTQ-s-and-ILTQ-s!
I'll repost the gist of it on this thread as well.

"Disable the "To My Base" button when an NPC is attacked. Then re-enable the "To My Base" button after attack is completed and registered. It should be two simple lines of code."

This code would be client-side and wouldn't require the servers intervention whatsoever.

Thatkidyouknow
08-10-2014, 01:11 PM
The flaw in your logic OP is that your fix would require constant calls to the server to validate connection which in turn
would increase the already enormous amount of data used to astronomical levels.

There is already a thread on this topic where I posted my suggested fix here:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97167-Gree-stop-the-FLTQ-s-and-ILTQ-s!
I'll repost the gist of it on this thread as well.

"Disable the "To My Base" button when an NPC is attacked. Then re-enable the "To My Base" button after attack is completed and registered. It should be two simple lines of code."

This code would be client-side and wouldn't require the servers intervention whatsoever.

It already does this in Crime City why not here? That's just lazy Gree

BostonHammer
08-11-2014, 07:06 AM
There are a few ways for lower ranked factions to finish FLTQs without glitching or using large amounts of gold. Don't assume.

NexusImperium
08-11-2014, 08:57 AM

Software engineer here experienced with web service calls and let me disagree with your premise here. The problem is due to an (faulty) interaction between client and server so you can't simply introduce a client fix for this. In many applications, and especially in the gaming world, the client is not to be trusted. At all. Ever. The server needs to validate all client interactions and if these can't be then they need to be invalidated (no assumption of trust, ever). I see that Gree has already attempted to implement batching to reduce the data usage (more on this in a sec), but they've missed an opportunity to quash this stupid bug/exploit.

So I'm hearing that instead of fixing the problem, they make up for lost revenue by charging honest players more for these events. Is this true? Yeah f*k you too guys.

The fix for this is simple. If the client is offline (i.e. airplane mode, or data interruption), then the client needs to batch user actions and then transmit them in bulk to the server, where the server will emulate these actions (in order performed) to validate them. If any game rules are violated in the process (i.e. player runs out of energy, upgrade not complete, building not ready to be collected, etc) then the entire batch fails and the client is restored to its original state.

It should be entirely easy to catch most cheaters. The easiest way is to catch them before they cheat, when they're probing the system and the server is getting odd/malformed/inappropriate service calls from a certain user/IP block/phone ID. And let me just say this: when you have a Pay-to-Win game like Modern War where people are dropping their hard-earned cash to get ahead in this game, you need to drop your softie "we have zero tolerance for cheating" policy for a ZERO F*KNG TOLERANCE FOR CHEATING policy that goes like this: If you get caught sending a 1 or 0 to the server even sideways then your cheating piece of excrement pimple-encrusted pus-oozing arse is banned from this game, account deleted, phone ID logged and banned and all Gree/Funzio accounts deleted.

Now regarding data usage, the game's idiot data files are the culprit. The web calls for the game are pretty lightweight and Gree should not cut any corners in regard to game stability/security in favor of reduced data across the wire. I'm willing to bet that one player purchasing a vault of gold will pay for one server in their farm for a month. And lots of players are buying vaults of gold so a little more data over the wire to their servers isn't going to hurt anyone.

Systematrix
08-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Software engineer here experienced with web service calls and let me disagree with your premise here. The problem is due to an (faulty) interaction between client and server so you can't simply introduce a client fix for this. In many applications, and especially in the gaming world, the client is not to be trusted. At all. Ever. The server needs to validate all client interactions and if these can't be then they need to be invalidated (no assumption of trust, ever). I see that Gree has already attempted to implement batching to reduce the data usage (more on this in a sec), but they've missed an opportunity to quash this stupid bug/exploit.

You sound more experienced with web services than I so I shall concede to your better judgment, and you make perfect sense.

I agree you can't trust the client completely but any manipulation of client code is then definitely considered hacking and there would be no more questioning whether it's "ok" or not (btw, exploiting a bug to gain an advantage is NOT ok whether you call it hacking/glitching/whatever).

Server validation would be the optimal way to fix the issue, I just didn't spend long enough thinking of how to implement it without data usage going through the atmosphere.

Great post Nexus, tyvm. :)

mwfighter
08-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Until all you guys declare cash gifts as income and pay taxes, the whole lot of you are engaging in tax evasion for worse morally than glitching that you guys cast as evil-doers.

2MblaZ
08-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Until all you guys declare cash gifts as income and pay taxes, the whole lot of you are engaging in tax evasion for worse morally than glitching that you guys cast as evil-doers.

How is that any relevant to energy glitch in the game right now?!?...

Tadaaah
08-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Apologies for the delayed response. There was a fix implemented, server side, for this glitch a few updates back. If you are still seeing this, please send us a detailed description and we will reopen the investigation.

mwfighter
08-11-2014, 12:15 PM
How is that any relevant to energy glitch in the game right now?!?...

People act all morally superior in MW, but in real life do things that are way worse, yet they judge people for not even hacking. Bunch of hypocrites that's why its relevant.

AdamInToronto
08-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Wow, so many contradictions.

Software engineer here experienced with web service calls and let me disagree with your premise here. The problem is due to an (faulty) interaction between client and server so you can't simply introduce a client fix for this.

This demonstrates your lack of understanding of the glitch. In fact, the glitch is in the client, which produces a fully authenticated, valid submission to the server. It's not a faked or counterfeit in any way. The problem is that the client allows, albeit unintentionally, the message to be crafted beyond the intended specs of the app.

In many applications, and especially in the gaming world, the client is not to be trusted. At all. Ever.
Well... not "Ever". You have to trust the client once it's authenticated itself, or your users could make no use of your services. Very dramatic, with the extra periods and everything, but little more than distraction.

The server needs to validate all client interactions and if these can't be then they need to be invalidated (no assumption of trust, ever). I see that Gree has already attempted to implement batching to reduce the data usage (more on this in a sec), but they've missed an opportunity to quash this stupid bug/exploit.
Two separate topics, in almost the same breath. What do you really want to say, bud? If the solution is to implement server-side validation of submitted events, what difference does it make if the events are batched or not?

And, you 'see' that they implemented batching? Where, exactly, is that evident in the game?

So I'm hearing that instead of fixing the problem, they make up for lost revenue by charging honest players more for these events. Is this true? Yeah f*k you too guys.

Seems you've derailed your own post...

The fix for this is simple. If the client is offline (i.e. airplane mode, or data interruption), then the client needs to batch user actions and then transmit them in bulk to the server, where the server will emulate these actions (in order performed) to validate them. If any game rules are violated in the process (i.e. player runs out of energy, upgrade not complete, building not ready to be collected, etc) then the entire batch fails and the client is restored to its original state.

That's a fine theory. Though, as a seasoned web services dev, I'm sure you know reality isn't nearly so clean cut:
Server reset errors (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95129-Gree-continuous-server-errors-and-jungle-strike-missions-getting-reset&highlight=reset)
More server reset errors (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95126-HALP!-Server-Errors-disrupting-LTQ&highlight=reset)
Missing collected folders (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94576-Folders-not-Registering&highlight=collected)
Base collection out of sync (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97019-Raided-25-minutes-before-collection-time&highlight=reset)

It should be entirely easy to catch most cheaters. The easiest way is to catch them before they cheat, when they're probing the system and the server is getting odd/malformed/inappropriate service calls from a certain user/IP block/phone ID.
And let me just say this: when you have a Pay-to-Win game like Modern War where people are dropping their hard-earned cash to get ahead in this game, you need to drop your softie "we have zero tolerance for cheating" policy for a ZERO F*KNG TOLERANCE FOR CHEATING policy that goes like this: If you get caught sending a 1 or 0 to the server even sideways then your cheating piece of excrement pimple-encrusted pus-oozing arse is banned from this game, account deleted, phone ID logged and banned and all Gree/Funzio accounts deleted.

You're assuming some sort of probing is necessary. This is another example of your lack of understanding of this particular glitch.
I'm not sure all of the users experiencing the problems in the threads I linked above were hackers that should have been treated as you suggest.

Now regarding data usage, the game's idiot data files are the culprit. The web calls for the game are pretty lightweight...
And you know this how? Been probing much?

and Gree should not cut any corners in regard to game stability/security in favor of reduced data across the wire. I'm willing to bet that one player purchasing a vault of gold will pay for one server in their farm for a month. And lots of players are buying vaults of gold so a little more data over the wire to their servers isn't going to hurt anyone.
Looks like you don't follow the forums much either:
Surge in data usage! (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91902-Surge-in-data-usage!&highlight=usage)
Data Usage Issue Helpful Solutions (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94813-Data-Usage-Issue-Helpful-Solutions&highlight=usage)

Increasing data usage will certainly hurt the end-users who are already borderline on their data plans.

Do us all a favour: Stop spewing dumb ideas on a topic which you demonstrably know little or nothing about.

Systematrix: Your suggestion in post #7 (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97177-Energy-glitch-simple-fix&p=1364156&viewfull=1#post1364156) would very likely put an end to the energy glitch. At least, as I understand it.

Sigg
08-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Apologies for the delayed response. There was a fix implemented, server side, for this glitch a few updates back. If you are still seeing this, please send us a detailed description and we will reopen the investigation.

Ummmmmmm.........you serious?

Maggoo
08-11-2014, 11:25 PM

Hi Tadaaah

I'm not sure if you are serious but if you are I find it staggering that 99% of the people that play this game know that the glitch is still active, yet the Gree believes it has been fixed. Incredible!! I actually believed that the ridiculous energy requirements for LTQ's these days was an attempt by Gree to catch out the people using the glitch(a good thing) but its very clear now its just about maximising profit. Your obviously not looking to catch people using the glitch if you believe it's been fixed.

General Raub
08-12-2014, 06:43 AM

Please tell me your kidding right !???

All I've seen and heard on the forums and multiple chat rooms after every update is "glitch still works" ! Whatever you guys thought u fixed you did but sure as hell was not ios energy glitch

GrimAmoeba
08-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Please tell me your kidding right !???

All I've seen and heard on the forums and multiple chat rooms after every update is "glitch still works" ! Whatever you guys thought u fixed you did but sure as hell was not ios energy glitch

Funny how you guys have HEARD it is still working, probably the ones that are using it or have had members in your faction using it. It doesn't matter if a glitch is still active or not someone will complain about it. When the Android fix was implemented everyone was complaining for months when it would be fixed. How do you know its not fixed unless you have tried it yourself or someone you know.

mickymacirl
08-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Wow, so many contradictions.

This demonstrates your lack of understanding of the glitch. In fact, the glitch is in the client, which produces a fully authenticated, valid submission to the server. It's not a faked or counterfeit in any way. The problem is that the client allows, albeit unintentionally, the message to be crafted beyond the intended specs of the app.

Well... not "Ever". You have to trust the client once it's authenticated itself, or your users could make no use of your services. Very dramatic, with the extra periods and everything, but little more than distraction.

Two separate topics, in almost the same breath. What do you really want to say, bud? If the solution is to implement server-side validation of submitted events, what difference does it make if the events are batched or not?

And, you 'see' that they implemented batching? Where, exactly, is that evident in the game?

Seems you've derailed your own post...

That's a fine theory. Though, as a seasoned web services dev, I'm sure you know reality isn't nearly so clean cut:
Server reset errors (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95129-Gree-continuous-server-errors-and-jungle-strike-missions-getting-reset&highlight=reset)
More server reset errors (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?95126-HALP!-Server-Errors-disrupting-LTQ&highlight=reset)
Missing collected folders (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94576-Folders-not-Registering&highlight=collected)
Base collection out of sync (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97019-Raided-25-minutes-before-collection-time&highlight=reset)

You're assuming some sort of probing is necessary. This is another example of your lack of understanding of this particular glitch.
I'm not sure all of the users experiencing the problems in the threads I linked above were hackers that should have been treated as you suggest.

And you know this how? Been probing much?

Looks like you don't follow the forums much either:
Surge in data usage! (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?91902-Surge-in-data-usage!&highlight=usage)
Data Usage Issue Helpful Solutions (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?94813-Data-Usage-Issue-Helpful-Solutions&highlight=usage)

Increasing data usage will certainly hurt the end-users who are already borderline on their data plans.

Do us all a favour: Stop spewing dumb ideas on a topic which you demonstrably know little or nothing about.

Systematrix: Your suggestion in post #7 (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97177-Energy-glitch-simple-fix&p=1364156&viewfull=1#post1364156) would very likely put an end to the energy glitch. At least, as I understand it.

A1 response. :>

NexusImperium
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
[...]

TL;DR.

If in your opinion you disagree with me, then just say so. They say brevity is the soul of wit.

General Raub
08-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Funny how you guys have HEARD it is still working, probably the ones that are using it or have had members in your faction using it. It doesn't matter if a glitch is still active or not someone will complain about it. When the Android fix was implemented everyone was complaining for months when it would be fixed. How do you know its not fixed unless you have tried it yourself or someone you know.

I've left factions bc of it !! But the problem is so wide spread you can't escape from the plague! Sorry I'm personally not using it and I know for a fact members in my faction have/are using it! And I still speak out against it. Just like I reported the android glitch back in the day! Still not fair and not fun. Those who defend the usage are obviously guilty in some way or another

Quick note I'm a DROID user but if this continues to happen I'll have no other option to begin glitch in like many others to get ahead !

GrimAmoeba
08-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I've left factions bc of it !! But the problem is so wide spread you can't escape from the plague! Sorry I'm personally not using it and I know for a fact members in my faction have/are using it! And I still speak out against it. Just like I reported the android glitch back in the day! Still not fair and not fun. Those who defend the usage are obviously guilty in some way or another

Quick note I'm a DROID user but if this continues to happen I'll have no other option to begin glitch in like many others to get ahead !

DO IT, that's what I'm talking about!!! Glitch doesn't work I heard BTW. It got fixed by Gree everyone, so quit complaining