PDA

View Full Version : Frontline crashed with 45 seconds left in battle

Systematrix
08-08-2014, 03:43 PM
Dear Gree:

Frontline just crashed on most of my team with 45 seconds to go in the battle. Some were able to log back in with 6 seconds left (like that will help). It cost us 3 flags. As we all know the final push is one of, if not THE, most imortant parts of the battle. This is beyond frustrating Gree. I don't see any improvements to Frontline since the last time.

Also, the results pop-up has yet to reveal itself to me at the end of the battles. Some of my teammates get it everytime it seems, some get it randomly, some none at all.

Thankfully I've "only" spent 150 gold on this event and that'll be the last gold I spend. I keep going at this game because I've invested so much of my life, and money, into it but I'm just about fed up to the point where I'll just throw the 2.5 years of hard work in the trash and take my business elsewhere.

Yours (for not much longer),
Dissatisfied Customer

PS. Please can you put a confirmation pop-up after you press the button to Declare War? We've already had a couple of mis-taps due to furious deploying in the final seconds that resulted in a new war being declared when we did not intend to do so.

Web323
08-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I had 50 deploys stuck at that time mark also to watch the node slip away in the end

Jaded Fusion
08-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Ugh! Thank you for bringing up the end of battle splash screen. I never see them, I always have to ask the team if we won or not. Very annoying.

kguittar
08-08-2014, 05:25 PM
We had a handful of people say it crashed between 45-90 seconds remaining. It's happened for all 3 battles I've been in now.

ender81
08-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Game crashes for me anytime I try to buy units on ios 8, hope it gets fixed soon

Marsellus Wallace
08-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Same here. Crashed towards the end of all three battles.

KingDante!
08-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Game crashed for me and several of my faction mates near the end of battle once we started to deploy at a faster rate.

This event is terrible lol.

killlerb
08-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Crashed for several in my faction as well.

duesy
08-08-2014, 06:17 PM
We have had the same crashing issue.. right near the end.. :/

Watash
08-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Most in my faction are reporting crashing with Frontline, happening repeatedly on my ipad.

Tardavic
08-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,

We are having our engineers look into the issue with crashing when deploying during this Frontline event.

Any other information would be helpful for further investigation, but the crashing may be due to server over load.

We hope to have this resolved soon and we will keep you posted on any updates!

Tardavic
08-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Dear Gree:

Frontline just crashed on most of my team with 45 seconds to go in the battle. Some were able to log back in with 6 seconds left (like that will help). It cost us 3 flags. As we all know the final push is one of, if not THE, most imortant parts of the battle. This is beyond frustrating Gree. I don't see any improvements to Frontline since the last time.

Also, the results pop-up has yet to reveal itself to me at the end of the battles. Some of my teammates get it everytime it seems, some get it randomly, some none at all.

Thankfully I've "only" spent 150 gold on this event and that'll be the last gold I spend. I keep going at this game because I've invested so much of my life, and money, into it but I'm just about fed up to the point where I'll just throw the 2.5 years of hard work in the trash and take my business elsewhere.

Yours (for not much longer),
Dissatisfied Customer

PS. Please can you put a confirmation pop-up after you press the button to Declare War? We've already had a couple of mis-taps due to furious deploying in the final seconds that resulted in a new war being declared when we did not intend to do so.

With the results pop-up not being seen at the end of the battle, if you stay logged in the entire time of the event, you will see the pop-up showing the end reward goal results. If you leave or log out for any reason, at the end of the war you may not see the pop-up.

This is working as intended, and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

DEWIN NUTTIN
08-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Happy happy, happy days are here. LOL

PITA4PRES
08-08-2014, 07:43 PM
I don't even know if I have been able to deploy anything yet during this event. My game force closes or crashes on me so much. It took me over 30 min of one battle just to be able to get to the battle screen. Then when I tried to deploy units the lag was so horrible, I don't know if anything even deployed before my game froze and crashed.

MrFister
08-08-2014, 11:08 PM
It has been happening to almost everyone in our faction that is being active. It has been 100% of our battles and is always at or under the two minute mark. We have tried resetting with 3-5 minutes left and nothing seems to change it.

Beach Head
08-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Same here & crash on me & my team at least twice now...

Gen CheeBye
08-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Happened to me but not my team members. Is it because of Android or because I deployed more than 100
units too quickly?

Annoying to the max!

Mr P
08-09-2014, 01:49 AM
Tardvic, are you saying that we need to be logged in the war screen for the entire Hour for us to get a result screen or just logged ingame?

ju100
08-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Hey guys,

We are having our engineers look into the issue with crashing when deploying during this Frontline event.

Any other information would be helpful for further investigation, but the crashing may be due to server over load.

We hope to have this resolved soon and we will keep you posted on any updates!

LOL, Amazon servers not taking the load? yeah right, I would look on the client code side...
(sorry, I'm really pissed, another crash while deploying on last 3 minutes, only 20 deploys registered out of the 250 I intended to do)

Cobra Kai
08-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Crashed crashed crashed 3x within last 2 min while deploying and once while just watching.

Annoying event made even more annoying.

I guess we will never get a popup after battle if game keeps crashing. No way to validate what Tardavic stated , touché

JesseMc
08-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Our entire team has had it with this event. Rolling out two and three events at a time but can't get one to run properly. Droids, iOS everyone having issues. It is definitely on you Gree. Guess I'll find comfort in some scripted response soon if any.

Bertv
08-09-2014, 07:50 AM
We just had it happen to our faction. Had all nodes and lost one on end because we got kicked out of game.

ElMacho
08-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Our whole faction has had the same issue. Game constantly crashing in the last 4-5 minutes of the game. Like 5X!!

BostonHammer
08-09-2014, 08:13 AM
yup, couldn't use my last 100+ deploys along with some team mates because of the crashing. Hard to go for some of these goals if we can't deploys.

{Kill Joy}
08-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Still happening. Faction wide.

Lots of crashing. Always at the end.

If this is your way of screwing up teams to spend more gold then your doing a good job.

If not

Please fix it.

Thanks

mreilly
08-09-2014, 10:39 AM
If it keeps happening perhaps its time to adjust your strategy. My team has also lost one or two nodes as our entire team crashes but now that we know to expect it we adjusted accordingly.

Tony81
08-09-2014, 12:19 PM
With the results pop-up not being seen at the end of the battle, if you stay logged in the entire time of the event, you will see the pop-up showing the end reward goal results. If you leave or log out for any reason, at the end of the war you may not see the pop-up.

This is working as intended, and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

You intentionally don't let me see that my team has won or lost because at some point in 48 hours I may want to do something else on my iPad? Whuhhhh???

Cobra Kai
08-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Game crashed even while just sitting there. Not doing anything. No deploys. Just watching others deploy.

Frustrating !!!!!

Led
08-09-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't like this event

Dog bite
08-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Yep.
Another huge success by gree.
My team also experienced the same issue.
Maybe our new community manager has an update for us.

Has anyone seen him this weekend?

west coast girl
08-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Earlier in the day when I wasn't getting kicked out every two seconds I still did not get a pop up showing war results so I highly doubt it's working as intended. I now have to go in and deploy before the 10-15 minute mark otherwise I can forget about deploying units. This frontline has been the worst in lagging for me so far. If I try and deploy too many at a time I get locked up and kicked out so I have to slowly deploy a unit every minute so I don't get booted.

mikeyh22
08-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Same for me on android frequently locks up, especially near end of battle when trying to deploy lots of units. It just freezes and I get a message saying the game had stopped responding. Been ok on my ipad though. Noticed my phone was getting hotter maybe it can't cope! While I am at it, the chat function is rubbish - this keeps disconnecting and can't see the historical text from time to time then it reappears. Both android and ipad for this gremlin.

mikeyh22
08-10-2014, 03:32 AM
Oh.... And yes I intermittently haven't been getting the pop up at the end of a battle showing the results.

alphacharlie
08-10-2014, 10:02 AM
This continuous crash at the end of the game is a F***ING joke. My team collectively wasted hundreds of real cash last war trying to push for a hardly fought node at the last minute. Most getting kicked out of the game for our bother - shating! thanks for cash stupid customers, right GREE???

I ****ing quit - I don't know how to break this out to my team, but enough is enough.

Cobra Kai
08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Game is lagging so bad right now. Calculating scores. No way to know what score is accurate or what is deployed on a node.

Impossible to actually play this event effectively

Shinedown Gree
08-10-2014, 12:12 PM
I will confirm this; most if not all of my teammates (and presumably other team players) games crashed during the last 10 seconds of one certain game. It was a very close match and all teams were making a very strong push at the end. This is unacceptable. They make this event just for the gold yet our players couldn't even use theirs in the final critical seconds of a match

J1mcrane
08-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Crashed for most of our team too!!

Complete load of c r a p!!

Sgt. Fancypants
08-10-2014, 01:35 PM
A lot of people complain about the mechanics of this game and the nature of the game itself. To me that's bull because if you don't like the game then stop playing it.

But when you really like this game and want to play it like i do then this is incredibly frustrating. I had my game force close 4 times in the last 5 minutes of just one battle and when it didnt crash it was freezing constantly. The game is virtually unplayable for me and it will likely be the reason I stop playing, if I do. When your as emotionally and financially involved in this game as I know I am and i imagine many others, it is just too stressful. Please fix this.

Peanut Butter
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Happened to every iOS user in our faction. Couldn't get into the game for the last 1:20 of a matchup. So...that sucked.

sawnoff69
08-10-2014, 06:09 PM
yep so i spend gold to controle nodes only for game to crash at crucial time. wtf this is redicoulas i will b asking for full itunes refund . where is the governance in this game , how do refunds happen ? i just get some stupid reply email , then sorry we cant refund u . but i got itunes on a technicality so they refund now over these issues.

El Wonka
08-11-2014, 10:42 AM
I just want Gree to fix this problem for next Frontline..Even though I don't like it as much as Full Assault..it is still relatively inexpensive to participate in...but getting booted with less than :45 made me angrier than a runaway Oompa... Please resolve as soon as possible.

Tardavic
08-13-2014, 01:00 PM
I just want Gree to fix this problem for next Frontline..Even though I don't like it as much as Full Assault..it is still relatively inexpensive to participate in...but getting booted with less than :45 made me angrier than a runaway Oompa... Please resolve as soon as possible.

We have passed this over to our developers to further address for the next Frontline! We will keep you posted!