PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] What Additional Sub-Forums Would You Like to See?

Clementine
08-08-2014, 12:51 PM
We are continually trying to improve the user experience, both in the game and here in the forums. A number of folks have mentioned that they feel particular forums are cluttered, thus making it difficult to find the information you need. In an effort to keep the forums clean and organized, making it easier to gather important feedback, and provide you with relevant information, we are open to adding additional relevant sub-forums.

If you are interested in seeing additional sub-forums added to the Modern War forum, please let us know which one(s) and why you think it would be a good idea. We will only add ones that make the most sense, so please keep that in mind when making suggestions.

Now hit us with you best shot...GO!

Mark-1
08-08-2014, 12:59 PM
How about an Event Recruitment section. I think it would be nice complement to the faction recruitment section. It would also pull all those threads together. They are mainly posted in the general, but sometimes show up in the faction recruitment or could be posted in the trades section.

Jaded Fusion
08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
User event walkthrough sub forum
-and side note have user mods. Only have the ability to lock, delete & sticky threads from threads they start. You can see how useful that would be for TheDaminal

Cobra Kai
08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Assistance forum. Where people can post issues that aren't resolved through tickets and up to date quick information concerning problems with an event.

Suggestions forum. Where people can post new building ideas. Game enhancement ideas. Data mining ideas from thousands of players could help developers see where the game needs to go or where users would like to see it go.

Big John
08-08-2014, 02:10 PM
A complaints forum, would unclutter main forum.

Mr Big C
08-08-2014, 03:35 PM
I would like to see a section where questions are actually answered. In the threads we will get a stock comment like " I will let the developers know". How about "I talked to the developers and this is what they said". I get tired of all the stock answers and would like to know what is being done about our question and if the problem is not going to be addressed, then why.

You could take the questions from the main forum and have a section where you answer those questions.

I also like the walk-through idea

kguittar
08-08-2014, 03:36 PM
How about a forum that tells us what we are fighting for? What are the faction goals? What is our incentive to complete them? Simple things that would make you more money...

Alexindahouss94
08-08-2014, 03:41 PM

I like this idea, i hate coming to the forums and having to wade through all of the hate threads. Bunch of whiners on here

Evil Mastermind
08-08-2014, 05:56 PM

There would be nothing left in main forum. Lol.

2 threads: LTQ walkthrough and Epic Boss Loot Tracker. ;)

bam bam.
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
One where if direct answers r not given by moderators in less than 72hrs said mods r fired until we find a guy who can get things done is employed

Suspect5
08-08-2014, 07:58 PM
I would like to see a section where questions are actually answered. In the threads we will get a stock comment like " I will let the developers know". How about "I talked to the developers and this is what they said". I get tired of all the stock answers and would like to know what is being done about our question and if the problem is not going to be addressed, then why.

You could take the questions from the main forum and have a section where you answer those questions.

I also like the walk-through idea

This^^^^^^

Robespierre
08-08-2014, 08:10 PM
So 2.5 years of the same format was not satisfying, right?

I suggest the no action alternative. It would be pretty silly to have a bunch of re-vamped sub forums where nobody pays attention to the rules (see raid boss begging and concrete peddling). It would take a petty tyrant to moderate all of the content of every post, and IMHO, less moderation leads to better exchange of ideas.

The last thing we need is a change for change's sake. A whole bunch of sub forums only dilutes the messages people have for broader audiences. Divide and conquer. Flame away.

BostonHammer
08-09-2014, 08:18 AM

What would people post in the main forum? Event help section would be great.

Sparkle
08-09-2014, 09:20 AM
One where if direct answers r not given by moderators in less than 72hrs said mods r fired until we find a guy who can get things done is employed

That would be a woman who can get things done.

Sparkle
08-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Separating out the Walk-through type information would definitely be helpful

Dog bite
08-09-2014, 05:24 PM
How about one where we can post all the tickets that have been closed as completed but our issue has not been resolved.

Systematrix
08-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Please create a sub-forum that requires an IQ test and a Personality test. You can name it the "Friendly Common Sense Sub-Forum".

Captain Buck Slayer
08-10-2014, 11:13 PM
A faction merger forum

krabbie
08-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Would like to see a section on what issues are currently worked on by developers (and if its possible with a forecast of when it will be solved), so we don't have to send in tickets or create dozens of new threads on an issue that is already worked on

Hobbs
08-11-2014, 12:22 AM
We need to know prizes for events BEFORE they start!!!
Still no indication what we are playing for,it shouldn't be we have to relay on a random Splash Screen before we know prizes.

Kefa
08-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Clementine, I think the following sub forums restructure would go a long way to helping people find what they want faster and keep the general game chat more centered on gameplay.

-Feature Requests
A place to post the things you wish the game had or didn't have or had differently.

-Issue Reports
A place for people to post their problems and issues, such as "I lost my account", or "Prize bonus doesn't work", etc.

-Beta Discussion
Only visible to beta testers, to discuss anything involving beta releases

-Change General to Gameplay Discussion
A place for players to discuss the actual gameplay, current game events, intel discovery, etc., and move everything not related to gameplay to its relevant forum or off-topic.

-Announcements
Same as now except people do want more information sooner regarding upcoming events and new releases. Information like an LTQ prize list for every level and the total energy requirement released before the event begins, epic boss HP for the different tiers, etc. Things gamers need in order to make informed decisions about upcoming events, and things to get excited about looking forward to.

The rest stay as is, recruiting, add me, trade, etc.

We are continually trying to improve the user experience, both in the game and here in the forums. A number of folks have mentioned that they feel particular forums are cluttered, thus making it difficult to find the information you need. In an effort to keep the forums clean and organized, making it easier to gather important feedback, and provide you with relevant information, we are open to adding additional relevant sub-forums.

If you are interested in seeing additional sub-forums added to the Modern War forum, please let us know which one(s) and why you think it would be a good idea. We will only add ones that make the most sense, so please keep that in mind when making suggestions.

KrisTheGreat
08-18-2014, 03:10 AM
(didn't know where else to submit this...)

Suggestion:
Rather than list "# of allies" of the opponents during WD battles, why not do like you do in other games (e.g., Kingdom Age) and list "level" instead. Many factions have gone to naming all their players the same name and maxing out the # of allies (500). Many of my game-mates are discouraged by this and in some cases are opting out of WD all together as a result. I believe that changing to "level" instead would get players interested again and add another dimension to the play that doesn't current exist in Modern War.

SSG
08-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Awhile ago Maverick started working on Modern War Master Resource Sheet (MRS). Maybe a sub-forum Read only with all buildings, cost, upgrade amount etc.

I have been trying to get his MRS up to date.

DJ Dan
08-21-2014, 05:17 AM
You should make it so you can buy things Where they enable you to upgrade/build mor than one thing at a time

El Wonka
08-26-2014, 12:25 PM
I would like to see the WD/Frontline/24Hour final rankings more organized and easier to find.. I see that currently there is a sticky of the past WD final rankings..however..finding the names and final standings of the 24 hour wars and Frontline has eluded me.. It would be nice if there was one central location to find out where each faction has finished each type of war/battle.... Thanks!!

Auspex
08-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Rather than a complaints sub forum I'd like to see a Bugs/Glitches forum where we can post exact information to show bugs and glitches and get actual responses with details.

Is the problem real iOS or droid or both or fixed already and requires an update.
Is the problem new and unknown
Is the problem repeatable
Is there a work around. How many times will I need to re-install the app to make it through an event?
Is there a ETA on real program solution? If yes when can we expect it to work.

Simple answers to simple questions

It would require a full time person for the first 3 weeks with actual knowledge after that probably things would start being less whinny.

Drakhoan
08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
What about a game issue sub section? Bugs, glitches, transfers, and stuff of that nature.

Arizona
08-30-2014, 06:47 AM

Probably the most important sub-forum should be for events only. Mods could post ahead of time the dates and any corrections to in game info. Post a final prize list for all events prior to them starting.
Most of the time when an event starts, we have to browse the forum looking for posts from players on final prizes or there's a thread on start times that conflict with what the globe says.
Is it really to much trouble to plan an event carefully and post that info where it's easily accessible to the forum? It would give the players an ideal place to go for up to date info on any changes to an event, rather than having to search threads looking for a mods response.

Mikelord
09-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I would like a fourm to discuss tickets not being completed, as I've stated in the past there is an iOS display bug for base decorations, and it's now 3 years alters and I still can't see enemy base decorations but droid can, a sub fourm with things gree hasn't fix yet that we could bring to your attention would be great

Mikelord
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
HERE IS MY COMPLAINT ABOUT THE IOS DISPLAY BUG FOR BASE DECORATIONS. PLEASE READ
Him been playing this game a long time, and gree at one point had a "base design competition" where the winner of the best base would be awarded 250 gold. Needless to say I didn't enter in that base design contest because to be frank, my base wasn't 100% complete. Now fast forward about 3/4 months and my base is finally complete, I'm talking surrounded by chain fencing, concrete blocks backing the fence, road way stops in all major exits and entrances, bob wire fence and sand bags running along any walk way, airfield protected, trees in good healthy spots w/water the WHOLE works. Now I go to view this on IOS fully updated from my allies list to see what it looks like and EVERY BASE DECORATION IS BLANK. EVERY ONE. My base looks like a empty peice of crap. With buildings randomly placed with out the fencing and sand bags. So I ask a IOS RIVAL to tell me if he can see the base decorations he says NO. SO IM LIKE SERIOUSLY GREE CAN U GET ANYTHING RIGHT??? This is a fundamental part of the game stemming all the way back to brazil..... Before BRAZIL! How do you mess THAT up? Luckily I didn't loose it 100% because apparently ONLY DROID users can see the decorations! Can u please fix this ISSUE, as I have sent in about 10 tickets over the course of a year to try and get this resolved, and keep getting the same generic responses, "your not updated fully" "you need to be running the latest version for it to take effect" please look into this!

The Pharoah
09-08-2014, 06:48 AM

^ Agreed. The walkthroughs are a massively useful tool for smaller factions/players who have to decide which events to play and which to pass. Having all the information in one format, in one place, would add a lot to the game experience for us poor people wot has no gold :)

Russ-navy
10-04-2014, 10:14 PM
would like a forum the listed all wd winners and stats per country , instead of having to search for them, along with frontline stats and how faction finished, so we can use it for recruitment purposes, that is locked to everybody but you guys

Russ-navy
10-04-2014, 10:23 PM
would be nice to have a forum that listed the final prizes received for finishing either a ltq, fltq, or other final bonuses since the appearance of them is not regular, and also us missing them for a screen shot to save and share

Russ-navy
10-04-2014, 10:32 PM
would be nice if you could post a second forum that listed all what you have answered, thru the other forums, in one , for those that just want the information instead of scrolling thru days or if a active topic hours of people complaining, when you have answered on page 5 of a 10 page forum the answers to what they are *****ing about, im not saying only post in one forum, put post your official answers in one area also so us non whiners can see it is getting worked on with out having to scroll thru pages of out dated complaints

Warhammer269
10-06-2014, 02:44 AM

A bugs, glitches, technical issue section where the players get to tell GreeD what is messed up with the game. Obviously somebody needs a little advice/input on the GreeD side of the house......

Richros
10-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Faction merge and recruitment

zxcv1
10-22-2014, 01:10 AM
a subforum of ERROR REPORTING / BUG REPORTING
that needs prompt management

Mila Relyt
10-25-2014, 09:30 AM
You can tell by the number of views, the Danimal/Larry Jackson walk-throughs need their own subforum (or sticky).

Mikelord
10-31-2014, 07:00 PM
M out guys, this game has become unbearable to play, when I'm at work trying to sneak in the Limited Time Quests I can't anymore, what has taken 1 minute to tap now tAkes 5 minutes and a. Frozen game screen, lag all around, lag when collecting or viewing sub folders.... This game used to be fun, but the roll outs on top of glitched roll outs and all these security measures that lag the game to stop hackers have just ruined the game for me, I pray one day gree gets their s.hi.t together cause they lost another player today. And it's been great, my phone actually lasts a day, on top of the headache problems that occurred from having to play the game 24/7 now gone away, if only gree wasn't so greedy I might still be playing. Goodluck fan base and corrupt corporation I will surely have some reminiscence of memories of sleepless nights getting top50/75 and endless tapping during Energy Quests Raid Bosses Epic bosses and wD's. I will miss complaing about how sh.I.t.ty gree is and always will be. Till next time. Much love, finally let go of this game hope others make the same choice when they realize if they won't make the game play "playable" it's time to let go if it feels hard to say good but to good accounts.. they won't change until they squeeze every penny from your dollars. I will always check around to see what happens when the world has been fought over for all the countries.... Wonder what will happen then.

Rolinz
10-31-2014, 08:45 PM
-and side note have user mods. Only have the ability to lock, delete & sticky threads from threads they start. You can see how useful that would be for TheDaminal

A detailed WALKTHROUGH forum would be very helpful.

Knowing energy requirements before attempting to start an event would help with strategy.

Info on cost and output of upcoming LE buildings.

Knowing the rewards for each stage and the final reward and wrapper rewards.

All this information should be easily accessible since the developers have to plan an event before they start coding right?

Why can't this be shared in the forums. It is like pulling teeth to get any info from you guys at Gree.