PDA

View Full Version : Developer Q&A

Tadaaah
08-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Hey Commanders,

We know you have all been waiting patiently! We have your questions answered! Please feel free to check out the Q&A on the GREE Blog:

http://product.gree.net/us/blog/192/katina-and-daniel-answer-your-burning-questions-about-modern-war/

Again, thank you for your patience. Please feel free to leave constructive feedback in the comments below. Note: this should be on the game discussion brought up in the blog. We are aware of the time it took to get the answers and post them. We will work internally to speed that up in the future.

2000y2k
08-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Overall a very disappointing outcome here. Seemed most questions were never answered and lots of unspecific answers. Oh well.

TheBFO
08-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Disappointing yet unsurprising. Figured they would be mostly "We have ideas but can't give any details nor can we give approximate release times"

Oh well, at least they gave some cool info such as potential old LE buildings being re-released and other info. When, if ever, these changes occur remains to be seen.

Mawbster
08-07-2014, 03:27 PM
I cannot believe that took so long to do.

That is a 5 minute circular conversation over a coffee at best.

Same old same old comes to mind.

Cobra Kai
08-07-2014, 03:44 PM
At least it was an attempt. Better than we have had before.

One thing I found telling and explains a lot when it comes to developers not knowing actual gameplay was the remark that Kat didn't know faction bonuses were getting close to maxed out. It's almost as if they have timeline for increasing requirements based off a scale and not what is actually happening in game.

It explains why we have so many complains about the massive increase on requirements.

andy2
08-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Yup, way over due from when it was promised, and no answers given. What a waste of time.

Kennetth
08-07-2014, 11:56 PM
Maybe not as much as we would like, but seriously, when you consider how people look for any possible way to request a full refund based on messages here and in-game when people get tired of playing, of course they have to be careful with every word they say.

Systematrix
08-08-2014, 01:27 AM
No offense to either Katina or Daniel because you are only doing your jobs but that blog provided absolutely no new or valuable information whatsoever.

Big John
08-08-2014, 01:45 AM
I think they should allocate people to specific games as I think the developers have to cover all Gree games.

Arizona
08-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Jeeeeeeez...stop whining, girls! They provided enough information on what to expect in the future. Some of you appear to want specific dead on balls accurate answers to things probably in development. I think they did a decent job informing us of possible changes to come.

Systematrix
08-08-2014, 07:23 AM
When software projects are started they have very specific goals. It's not hard to relay that information to us before it's developed. "Hey MW community, we're currently working on a project that will do A, B, and C. We're shooting for a deadline of <insert date>. As with all software development projects there are issues that arise that could push the completion date back a bit but will do our best to meet this deadline."

786TRYX
08-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Interesting news, thx

bam bam.
08-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Were any questions answered?. I am now no better off than I was before. That was pathetic. Seriously, I knew that we were gonna get a half job but that was absolute trash. Took a month and a half to give no answers. You had dozens and dozens of questions asked. 10 questions were half answered, some questions i don't even remember seeing in the question thread.

Seriously, who ever was in charge of this, This isn't the business for u.

2000y2k
08-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Jeeeeeeez...stop whining, girls! They provided enough information on what to expect in the future. Some of you appear to want specific dead on balls accurate answers to things probably in development. I think they did a decent job informing us of possible changes to come.

Maybe if you understood that Gree asked us 45 days ago for specific questions and they would provide answers. The expectation was we would get solid answers from this not unspecific responses of possible changes to come as you put it.

plavine
08-12-2014, 05:18 AM
They answered some questions . Certainly you would want them to be specific , then not deliver . The sorting feature is in CC . Plus they did say we would be able to sell old worthless units soon.

Mr Art0is
08-12-2014, 03:10 PM
It's better than nothing, I wouldn't expect them to discuss unreleased content, we all know their stance on that.

Let's see what the future holds for the game

ACE/SUPG
08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
It's better than nothing, I wouldn't expect them to discuss unreleased content, we all know their stance on that.

Let's see what the future holds for the game

I think it was very useful and Atleast they tryin

LCDR2012
08-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Thank you Katrina and Daniel. I understand that there are many uncertainties such as timing of changes, details to modifications etc. and if you were specific, i.e. specific release times and specific changes that if it did not go as scheduled the help desk and forum would light up with complaints. The inventory sort in CC will be welcome here and I'm sure it's coming soon as well as the mass collection button in MW will eventually be in CC. I understand the challenge to please the majority of customers and at the same time be profitable. While there's a lot that needs done it takes time to develop, test, and evaluate modifications to assure they function properly.

Others have not agreed but I think this questions session was positive and I appreciate the responses as it at least lets us know your working on the issues that many customers are concerned with. Thanks Gree!

Hobbs
08-14-2014, 03:06 AM
I'm happy they have listened to an issue that has been continuously talked about.
Personally I look forward to the time we can use a feature to clear our unwanted units we have had cluttering our inventories for too long now.
I would suggest an option to sell them for a fraction of their original worth say 20-25% and that option to be cash/valour and gold units.
This will allow us to get some of the cash/valour/gold we have spent on units that are useless now because of stat inflation.
This should include gold LE sets etc we have purchased previously that are worthless now but still cost 1000-1500 gold at the time.