PDA

View Full Version : One time redistribution of skill points used on useless attack and defense points

SSG
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
For those of us that have been playing awhile and wasted valuable skill points on attack and defense, can we get a 1 time redistribution of skill points? Even if it costs gold. Or instead of 1 attack point increase the value to compensate for inflation of stats. 1 attack point makes no difference any more.

Theblacklamp
08-06-2014, 10:20 PM
For those of us that have been playing awhile and wasted valuable skill points on attack and defense, can we get a 1 time redistribution of skill points? Even if it costs gold. Or instead of 1 attack point increase the value to compensate for inflation of stats. 1 attack point makes no difference any more.

I agree with you. It should be one time only with a confirm button so gree can deny those who say they messed up and want a second go at it.

Mr llama
08-06-2014, 10:30 PM
was told a while ago you could ask in a ticket to get them reset, sent one in and it told me they couldnt do that at this time or something like that. hopefully this means they are going to make them relevant again

David Steelman
08-07-2014, 02:31 AM
I Think it is time for Gree to boost the effect of the skillpoints in attack n defence so they actually do something.

doeboy
08-07-2014, 06:18 AM
This would be really nice when I started playing I did not understand and waisted a lot an attack and defence please help us with this

Systematrix
08-07-2014, 06:21 AM
I have 170 atk and 170 def skills....LOL. That's my old school player though. Even if they put out a way to redistribute I'm keeping it as my energy and stamina are at sufficient levels. I'm banking on them eventually making them relevant again one day...I hope.....please? :)

B.Mick
08-07-2014, 06:33 AM
I think it would be cool and actually add some element of strategy into this game if attack and defense skill points affected your stats considerably based on amount owned per level. An example without too much thought would be:

(attack points / level ) * 50 = percent of alliance attack bonus
(defense points / level ) * 50 = percent of alliance defense bonus

Utisz
08-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Yes I agree, we placed our skill points in Attack/Defense in good faith based upon information GREE provided us. If the strategy has changed and Attack/Defense skill is no longer relevant, we should be given a chance to reallocate our Skill points one time.

GREE, please respond to this forum post, it is a legitimate request

Thanks

MCAL
08-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Supporter of this thread and agree with Utisz

Getting the useless skill points from attack/defense that we were so advised to use in that direction many years ago reallocated to compensate for the strategy of the game would be greatly appreciated

2000y2k
08-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Rather than resetting skill points making attack and defense do something would be the easiest and quickest way for Gree to fix this. However, I would still like to reset skill points but only after we know of any other changes are being made to the game.

jay_usher
08-07-2014, 02:39 PM
i think you need to take the smooth with the rough... it shouldn't change and give the new players a chance since all the older players feel they that can have the upper hand with old le buildings why should skill points be changed for the vet players?

2000y2k
08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
......why should skill points be changed for the vet players?

How about because the attack and defense skill points do nothing?

solowalker
08-07-2014, 03:43 PM
How about something simple like anytime you level up, you are allowed to add or subtract skill points from each slot.
and
have an actual confirm button once you select your 3 skill points each level. I have skill points in A/D that were miss hits with my fat fingers.
or
every 50 levels you are allowed a skill reset. levels 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, and 300 are your skill resets.

jay_usher
08-07-2014, 11:54 PM
How about because the attack and defense skill points do nothing?

Understand that. Do you not see join date? ^^^^^ we have all invested points where they went but new players have the upper hand in this case yet everyone doesn't want it and wants everything changed for them. yet not bring it a fair playing field across the board. Example for Them not to have old le buildings the great bonuses funzio actually gave out. 20% health regen. Etc.
so until these things get addressed.... stop moaning.

I am a cow!
08-08-2014, 02:35 AM
skill points r useless, there was some talk about being to reset them sometime soon but knowing gree... well lets just say that I doubt it will happen

iamnasty
08-08-2014, 03:06 AM
skill points r useless, there was some talk about being to reset them sometime soon but knowing gree... well lets just say that I doubt it will happen

yep, lets ......moo👀💤💤

plavine
08-08-2014, 05:29 AM
If we could see our opponents skill points it would help us to understand why we lost to a lower player or beat a higher one . Also - would love to see the level of opponent in battle so choosing an opponent is a calculated risk , not pure luck . Level 50 players all have 500 allies , so only showing number of allies is useless .

Jehodar
08-08-2014, 05:46 PM
I also sent a ticket, and got the same answer as other... No can do.
Gree can give or take gold, they can give or take units (go back 3 month 5gold items) but they can't reset skill? Who's gonna be hurt? No one.

doeboy
08-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Has anbody looked at this that can do something about it please do this for us a lot of help it would be

TheDanimal
08-13-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm all for a skill point reset.
How about it Gree - can we get this?

Kefa
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm all for a skill point reset.
How about it Gree - can we get this?

Absolutely should be part of the game, even if it's a 50-gold purchase like other reconfiguration options, such as nation flag.

Also, simply suddenly making attack and def skill points "do something" would be just as bad as the situation we currently have, and the next relevant thread would start off, "For those of us who put all our skill points in Energy since Atk and Def didn't do anything, please allow us the ability to redistribute skill points since our accounts are now out of balance with newer accounts".

Absolute best case scenario is, DO make the attack and defense skill points have some value, DO make the currently hidden "luck" skill visible and part of this selection, and DO allow skill point reallocation.

786TRYX
08-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Wish there was a "I like" button....

1brent1
08-17-2014, 04:53 AM
They need to make attack and defense skill points worth something.

El Wonka
08-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Bumpin.. great idea..especially for players that have been a long time....and assumed that Attack and Defense actually meant something.

Ajk
08-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Bumpin.. great idea..especially for players that have been a long time....and assumed that Attack and Defense actually meant something.

Attack and defense points used to work until the skill point hackers came out of the woodwork. Then GREE made them irrelevant. I would like them implemented again rather than just putting them in health and stamina only to have them change the rules again.

Auspex
08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Attack and defense points used to work until the skill point hackers came out of the woodwork. Then GREE made them irrelevant. I would like them implemented again rather than just putting them in health and stamina only to have them change the rules again.

Yes please, Fix them cause they are broken.

I think broken things should be fixed in the very next patch if you are selling this game. But then again we can choose to give you money for the broken game or not give you money til you fix it. There are addicts that will pay for broken things so I can see Gree putting this off til the sun goes cold. But we can keep it on the top of the charts with all the other broken things.

Tadaaah
08-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.

bam bam.
08-26-2014, 07:58 AM
I don't actually use my skill points.

I don't raid or atk. : Stamina
I don't do ltqs (if ur not gonna finish it not worth starting it) : energy
Atk/def doesn't work in game : atk/def

Dog bite
08-27-2014, 07:30 AM
Gree is revenue based so I aGree that paying for the reallocation of points could work.
If I was given an option I would consider paying for a level DECREASE.
Now that could be an interesting in game option for those that choose to spend and maybe a good little revenue stream for Gree.
Maybe not so great for those who choose not to spend.

Annihilator2
08-27-2014, 11:47 PM
If I was given an option I would consider paying for a level DECREASE.

What? Gree must be full idiot to give this option! 300 level player will decrease his level once to 25 level and will take all epic bosses without any gold with his billion stats.

One more point: raiding will be problematic...

Dog bite
08-28-2014, 03:59 AM
What? Gree must be full idiot to give this option! 300 level player will decrease his level once to 25 level and will take all epic bosses without any gold with his billion stats.

One more point: raiding will be problematic...

Fair point.
Just a suggestion.

HGF69
08-28-2014, 04:27 AM
Whilst I would love a redistribution, its the wrong thing to do, just think about the knock on effect everyone piling their points into energy is going to have on LTQs etc and how this will cause a complete imbalance.

If you have been playing for years you have a huge advantage but for noobs then they are worthless.

Finally some people have actually spent their skill points wisely so for those who haven't and are now moaning, why should you get preferential treament cos you made poor decisions?

killbillbst
08-28-2014, 04:32 AM
If you have been playing for years you have a huge advantage

That surely should be the idea, to reward long standing players (and customers!)

El Wonka
08-28-2014, 06:01 AM
Whilst I would love a redistribution, its the wrong thing to do, just think about the knock on effect everyone piling their points into energy is going to have on LTQs etc and how this will cause a complete imbalance.

If you have been playing for years you have a huge advantage but for noobs then they are worthless.

Finally some people have actually spent their skill points wisely so for those who haven't and are now moaning, why should you get preferential treament cos you made poor decisions?

I disagree with you.. Other games have a paid reset button..and because this game doesn't apply the skill points properly, it is a disadvantage..... I built a pure war time player and raider...it has massive attack and defense skill points and very little energy and stamina....it is no stronger or weaker than my high energy account...how is that possible?...so if the skill points don't work properly..than that's an issue...and it should have an option to reset...

HGF69
08-29-2014, 04:12 AM
I disagree with you.. Other games have a paid reset button..and because this game doesn't apply the skill points properly, it is a disadvantage..... I built a pure war time player and raider...it has massive attack and defense skill points and very little energy and stamina....it is no stronger or weaker than my high energy account...how is that possible?...so if the skill points don't work properly..than that's an issue...and it should have an option to reset...

Actually you are agreeing with me. You've basically messed up your allocation of skill points and put them into useless attack and defence. You even mention that if the skill points dont work, thats an issue - and I would agree on that. Sort the problems with that, don't offer a re-set.

HGF69
08-29-2014, 04:19 AM
That surely should be the idea, to reward long standing players (and customers!)

No because it will cause an imbalance.

Lets say a Level 100 player has 1500 energy. He is a realively new player and has put most of his skill points into energy. He struggles to complete LTQs

Lets say a Level 300 player has 2000 energy because he has put most of his skill points into useless attack and defence.

Lets say Gree allows a skill reset.

The level 100 player won't benefit much as his skill points are in energy and are almost maxed.

The Level 300 player goes from having 2000 energy to (rough estimate) 7500 energy after reallocation.

Gree then realise that more players can get further in LTQs, pushes up the requirements forcing the new players out the game cos they have no hope without spending 4-5 vaults for LTQs.

Now any business that relies on an ever decreasing core of long term players is quite frankly daft. It requires constant new players who bring in new revenue. Isolate them and your game is a dead duck by Christmas. Some may argue its going that way anyway but I'm pretty sure gree knows it needs new players.

El Wonka
08-29-2014, 06:09 AM
No because it will cause an imbalance.

Lets say a Level 100 player has 1500 energy. He is a realively new player and has put most of his skill points into energy. He struggles to complete LTQs

Lets say a Level 300 player has 2000 energy because he has put most of his skill points into useless attack and defence.

Lets say Gree allows a skill reset.

The level 100 player won't benefit much as his skill points are in energy and are almost maxed.

The Level 300 player goes from having 2000 energy to (rough estimate) 7500 energy after reallocation.

Gree then realise that more players can get further in LTQs, pushes up the requirements forcing the new players out the game cos they have no hope without spending 4-5 vaults for LTQs.

Now any business that relies on an ever decreasing core of long term players is quite frankly daft. It requires constant new players who bring in new revenue. Isolate them and your game is a dead duck by Christmas. Some may argue its going that way anyway but I'm pretty sure gree knows it needs new players.

Ok.. Well if you don't want the option of a reset... Than turn a useless skill point into a useful one.. I have 300 on Attack and 300 on Defense..... If the skill points are turned on I would be totally fine with that... At that point..people would lose growlers/carriers like crazy when trying to attack me.. and fail quite a bit...and I shouldnt' lose hardly any units and pretty much attack and win against anyone in the game.. I should gather points by the thousands as DL during WD.....

Agent Orange
08-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Ok.. Well if you don't want the option of a reset... Than turn a useless skill point into a useful one.. I have 300 on Attack and 300 on Defense..... If the skill points are turned on I would be totally fine with that... At that point..people would lose growlers/carriers like crazy when trying to attack me.. and fail quite a bit...and I shouldnt' lose hardly any units and pretty much attack and win against anyone in the game.. I should gather points by the thousands as DL during WD.....

Interesting, after a couple of years of experimentation using 14 different LLPs I can tell you the attack/def skill points do make a difference depending on allocation.....

I strongly agree with what HGF69 says since Gree would likely rejig the amounts of energy required to do missions thus screwing lower level players.

El Wonka
08-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Interesting, after a couple of years of experimentation using 14 different LLPs I can tell you the attack/def skill points do make a difference depending on allocation.....

I strongly agree with what HGF69 says since Gree would likely rejig the amounts of energy required to do missions thus screwing lower level players.

1. I realize that their is a very slight difference with skill allocations..but not as significant as it should be.
2. If you have been playing as long as I have..which it appears that you have ( I changed to Wonka a few months ago) then you would know..that Gree has constantly raised the amount of energy needed to complete ILTQs.

Alot of people have figured out Gree's algorithm and therefore the land of mini's was started....Almost every big player has created a mini to match the Algorithm...of course you don't want change...that would screw up LLPs everywhere.. Where as I don't like playing multiple characters....

Victory99
08-29-2014, 07:57 AM
I think that gree should give a redistribution of attack and defence points for free for one reason, they suggested that they would give you a better chance at winning and defending attacks, but now they do nothing, so either make them useful or give a redistribution of them

Ajk
08-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Alot of people have figured out Gree's algorithm and therefore the land of mini's was started...
Don't you mean Oompa Loompa's?

El Wonka
08-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Don't you mean Oompa Loompa's?

Yes.. yes I do.. lol

Drakhoan
08-29-2014, 07:02 PM
My .02 is to make attack/defense skill points RELEVANT. To make a greater impact this can be done in conjuction with a one free/purchase redistribution. This redistribution MUST NOT take place without making them PERTINENT or as previously mentioned LTQ's will be too heavily affected.

I am one of the players that would not change skill point allocation... well maybe I would be temped to redistribute on one account.

El Wonka
09-02-2014, 08:26 AM
My .02 is to make attack/defense skill points RELEVANT. To make a greater impact this can be done in conjuction with a one free/purchase redistribution. This redistribution MUST NOT take place without making them PERTINENT or as previously mentioned LTQ's will be too heavily affected.

I am one of the players that would not change skill point allocation... well maybe I would be temped to redistribute on one account.

Either is fine with me...Especially since these FLTQ's have gotten to the point of insanity.. if you don't have a majority of your skill points in Energy..you can forget ever being competitive with Masters levels... The last two levels of the current FLTQ Masters is completely ridiculous.... (Sept 2 2014)

DevastatorX
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I actually think attack points are relatively effective! Plus, Gree could make them more powerful in the future.

Defense, too. No actual proof, but noticed when I attack people with higher defense, I'm more likely to lose a unit!

Bobble64
09-02-2014, 08:02 PM
I've been playing this game for 3 years, and as some of you debate about energy I can only shake my head. How long do you have to play a game to understand the dynamics? I see this argument way too often.

Who wins between a lvl 100 player with 2,000 energy and a lvl 300 player with 7,500 energy? The lvl 100 player, and here is why:

1) You never discussed "frequency or amount of energy regeneration" - most important argument...the only argument actually. Without that both players are equal with total amount of energy gained per minute.
2) It's a freaking storage bank. We all regenerate energy...the only difference is how often you need to play that energy before you're full, and the reason why prestaging was equal across the board in the beginning.
3) *Real life example. You don't start a new job and complain about having 2 weeks of vacation. If you want 4 weeks put your time in and enjoy the extra time off.
4) Most critical advantage for a lvl 100 player in this hypothetical example...THEY CAN STILL LEVEL UP! They get 2000 bonus energy at each lvl up, or 400,000 extra energy until they reach lvl 300.

East Coast Bias
09-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I've been playing this game for 3 years, and as some of you debate about energy I can only shake my head. How long do you have to play a game to understand the dynamics? I see this argument way too often.

Who wins between a lvl 100 player with 2,000 energy and a lvl 300 player with 7,500 energy? The lvl 100 player, and here is why:

1) You never discussed "frequency or amount of energy regeneration" - most important argument...the only argument actually. Without that both players are equal with total amount of energy gained per minute.
2) It's a freaking storage bank. We all regenerate energy...the only difference is how often you need to play that energy before you're full, and the reason why prestaging was equal across the board in the beginning.
3) *Real life example. You don't start a new job and complain about having 2 weeks of vacation. If you want 4 weeks put your time in and enjoy the extra time off.
4) Most critical advantage for a lvl 100 player in this hypothetical example...THEY CAN STILL LEVEL UP! They get 2000 bonus energy at each lvl up, or 400,000 extra energy until they reach lvl 300.

Fair enough, but I'd like to redistribute to having more bullets so that I can black out someone's base in one shot if needed. Energy is nice, but given that you need to gold so many events, the difference is ok to me. I'd rather move my useless skill points to being able to raid, not increase my energy storage.

Agent Orange
09-03-2014, 06:32 AM

Agree with you except don't follow point 4. When you level up you get three skill piints to use on the four options. If you choose energy you get 3x10 energy = 30 energy. Although your energy is fully refilled on the level up.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
09-03-2014, 07:47 AM

I'm pretty stupid and got a very low IQ.

Even with my inbred stock and all, even I nose the whole thing ain't relevant.
If IT ain't relevant, NUTTIN else is relevant.
Just sayin'

Bobble64
09-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Agree with you except don't follow point 4. When you level up you get three skill piints to use on the four options. If you choose energy you get 3x10 energy = 30 energy. Although your energy is fully refilled on the level up.

Correct, "USABLE" energy gained is when your bank is filled upon level up...that's my point. Any skill points you add to energy just expands how many you can bank before you have to play the game again.

*sigh*

Adding skill points does not = more energy. Your energy regeneration (3 per min when you start the game) determines how much energy you gain. This can only be increased through bonus units.