PDA

View Full Version : How about some limited-edition cash units?

AdamInToronto
08-06-2014, 04:51 PM
While I'm sure the indestructible limited-edition gold units are awesome to have in ones army, I wonder what it would be like to load up on a bunch of limited-edition cash units.
Imagine a unit available for, say, 1 week or so, which you buy with in-game cash. These would be destructible units with low, medium or even high casualty rate, and stats and cost higher than what is normally available. You buy a bunch, go do some damage, but eventually they all die off and you're back to where you started (give or take the fruit of your damages).
Limited would have to mean really limited though... once or twice a year, not every month or it's pointless.

I can see a lot of people using this to exact revenge on stronger targets.... or at least trying to.
Maybe save them up for war or something. Or watch a rivals stats drop dramatically during battle.

I suppose if everyone bought them up, the relative difference in players wouldn't change much - but would everyone buy them?

I dunno... just a thought. Probably not worth $0.02

If this has been suggested before, please accept my apology for being too lazy to search. I'm sorry.

jvp7012
08-06-2014, 05:27 PM
I kinda like that idea, be something new and interesting.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Or buy up to 100 of n make them indestructible. Release one unit type each cycle. In reach of low iph players occasional expensive one

Starage
08-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Great idea, how about limited time valor unit. The good valor units are only in battle points rankings.

2MblaZ
08-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Great idea, how about limited time valor unit. The good valor units are only in battle points rankings.

That would be great! Indestructible limited time valor units - good idea i think.

Also, would it be too hard to implement 'preview' of what our stats would look like if we changed country flag - WITHOUT actually spending 50 nuggets? We carry thousands and tens of thousands of units, it would be impossible to properly guestimate which flag would bring best stats - preview would show us and help us make best choice

Jaded Fusion
08-06-2014, 08:16 PM
While I'm sure the indestructible limited-edition gold units are awesome to have in ones army, I wonder what it would be like to load up on a bunch of limited-edition cash units.
Imagine a unit available for, say, 1 week or so, which you buy with in-game cash. These would be destructible units with low, medium or even high casualty rate, and stats and cost higher than what is normally available. You buy a bunch, go do some damage, but eventually they all die off and you're back to where you started (give or take the fruit of your damages).
Limited would have to mean really limited though... once or twice a year, not every month or it's pointless.

I can see a lot of people using this to exact revenge on stronger targets.... or at least trying to.
Maybe save them up for war or something. Or watch a rivals stats drop dramatically during battle.

I suppose if everyone bought them up, the relative difference in players wouldn't change much - but would everyone buy them?

I dunno... just a thought. Probably not worth $0.02

If this has been suggested before, please accept my apology for being too lazy to search. I'm sorry.

+1 like the idea
But I'd have them run paraell with the gold LE sets. Have a expiration date to them as well. So after 5 days all units are removed from inventories.

AdamInToronto
08-11-2014, 06:54 PM
+1 like the idea
Have a expiration date to them as well. So after 5 days all units are removed from inventories.

That's even better. The whole point is to see what kind of trouble you can get yourself into, so A) they have to be destructible, and B) they need to die off. Might as well be removed automtically.

Miss Soprano
08-11-2014, 07:51 PM
I love this idea!

Mr Art0is
08-12-2014, 02:30 AM
I think they did something similar in crime city last year, goes without saying the units should be destructible.

Gerard Figallo
08-12-2014, 05:11 AM
I love the idea, Ill add a twist on the idea, make the cash units defensive units allowing players too (for a short time) have a high defence.

iamnasty
08-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Bad idea, once these are out, more will whine AGAIN !......moo™������

Blodiea
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
How about making them a no flag bonus unit? It would be almost pointless because some players bonuses are off the charts anyways.