PDA

View Full Version : Open Discussion: Forum User Titles

Clementine
08-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Update #2: This has been turned into an open discussion thread, rather than a standard announcement post. Please feel free to continue to discuss the forum title changes, however please keep it constructive and on-topic.

Update#1: We understand that a number of you are dissatisfied with the new titles. While we will not be changing the new titles at this moment, we would love to hear suggestions from each of you about additional titles we could switch out or add in at a later date. They should be similar in nature to what we currently have, bonus points for alliteration! Throw your best ideas at us!

We are excited to announce that in an effort to bring a bit more fun to the forums we have implemented a new set of Forum User Titles that you will receive as you continue to post and engage on the forums.

A little about the titles and how they were chosen. Forums are all about talking, sometimes talking a little, sometimes talking a lot. Therefore for the first part of the titles, we chose various different words that mean "Talkative". For the second part of the titles, we looked at all the different games we have and the types of NPCs/Characters in each game, and drew from there. Remember, the forums (and titles) cover all of our different games, so it was important that we pulled from all genres/games, so that everything was included. At the most basic level each user title is a different way of saying "Someone Who Talks (Posts)".

Number of Posts
User Title

Mute Minion

Talkative Troll

Gabby Gremlin

Motormouth Maven

Articulate Aficionado

Chatty Consigliere

Babbling Boss

Gibbering General

Verbose Virtuoso

Loquacious Legend

Please note that while we encourage you to post frequently, please do not spam the forums with unnecessary posts simply to increase your post count.

Sandhawk
08-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Aha! Thank you for the info Clementine!

My thread is now old news... :(

Edit: I shall expunge it from the database.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow, this is beyond belief. Get rid of it immediately.

Talkative troll, hows about everyone in gree hq wears a shirt

I'm ignoring you
I'm doing the opposite of what is good taste
I'm doing the opposite of what the community wants
I'm laughing all the way to the bank
Talk to the hand

Clementine
08-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Wow, this is beyond belief. Get rid of it immediately.

Talkative troll, hows about everyone in gree hq wears a shirt

I'm ignoring you
I'm doing the opposite of what is good taste
I'm doing the opposite of what the community wants
I'm laughing all the way to the bank
Talk to the hand

When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another. These titles are not intended as insults, but rather a fun way of showing just how active you are in the community.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 05:01 PM
When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another.

I remember when we had to kill Seal Team 6 in an LTQ. It is a top factions handle but I can tell you anyone who thought that was a bright idea hadn't really thought it through.

I do get it, however not everyone will and even in getting it I still don't think you call your members trolls. I think it is hilarious but its poor taste.

Come up with better ones and think it through

Sandhawk
08-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I remember when we had to kill Seal Team 6 in an LTQ. It is a top factions handle but I can tell you anyone who thought that was a bright idea hadn't really thought it through.

I do get it, however not everyone will and even in getting it I still don't think you call your members trolls. I think it is hilarious but its poor taste.

Get a grip! We call each other trolls all the time. We can't be hypocrites...

Besides, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended to be used in the sense that you are thinking of it anyway.
It is a fantasy character reference...

Evans
08-06-2014, 05:06 PM
When we came up with these we actually drew from all the different games GREE has and the different characters in each game. This includes characters from Fantasy games (trolls, gremlins, minions, etc.), War games (general), and High Crime games (boss, consigliere). We paired these with various words that mean "talkative" because that is what we are all doing here on the forums, talking and engaging with one another. These titles are not intended as insults, but rather a fun way of showing just how active you are in then community.

I don't care where the heck you get these cruddy piles of crap you call titles. Not everyone here gives a crap about those other games you got the titles from so we find them to be offensive when given to us since there is no connection between the player and that game. Make them specific to each games forum, or better yet, get rid of the dumb things and forget you ever came up with them. Just my 2 cents on your crappy idea.

Just for you mods, I didn't swear or use ** for bad words so excuse my repetition of "crap".

A reason for why I made this post. When people are referred to by names that in a situation like this take on a negative connotation, there is reason for them to be upset with their new title. I see how they were meant to be in good humor, but when people don't understand the reference, it is reasonable for them to question why these titles were implemented.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Thank you for sharing your opinion and how you feel regarding these titles, I always appreciate feedback. We put a great deal of thought into these and at this time, the titles will remain as they are. They may change in the future as we think of new ones, so nothing is set in stone.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't care where the heck you get these cruddy piles of crap you call titles. Not everyone here gives a crap about those other games you got the titles from so we find them to be offensive when given to us since there is no connection between the player and that game. Make them specific to each games forum, or better yet, get rid of the dumb things and forget you ever came up with them. Just my 2 cents on your crappy idea.

That is unfortunately the nature of the best when you have a forum that is home to multiple games. There are multiple types of players and users that you must think of. Some will love all the titles, some may hate them all, and some may only like half of them.

Sandhawk
08-06-2014, 05:13 PM

Just for you mods, I didn't swear or use ** for bad words so excuse my repetition of "crap".

Keep in mind that many players, including myself, do play more than one game and talk in more than one forum.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Get a grip! We call each other trolls all the time. We can't be hypocrites...

Besides, I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended to be used in the sense that you are thinking of it anyway.
It is a fantasy character reference...

Sandhawk, this is exactly what we were thinking of! We tried to find a way to get Zombie in there, but couldn't think of a word that means "talkative" that started with the letter Z. Still searching though. Might spend my entire life looking for that word.

Pidgeot
08-06-2014, 05:16 PM
The time should have been used to balance the game but this makes things more fun and I appreciate it.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:18 PM
The time should have been used to balance the game but this makes things more fun and I appreciate it.

Thank you. If they let me into the code to balance the games, I would do that for you. Unfortunately they wont let me touch it, or maybe fortunately since I would probably break it.

Sandhawk
08-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately they wont let me touch it, or maybe fortunately since I would probably break it.

This is already done on a daily basis. You could do no worse. lol...

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Hey sandy,

I do see the funny side but its along the lines of bad taste. I call my mates names but if I called you the same names id be banned on here quicksmart. To me that endears me to my mates, to you id be an a--word. Know your crowd and what's appropriate.

We are not shown enough respect as is, for yrs we have asked to be able to sought our inventories by atk/def/alpha/most recent/in army. I even offered help from a Perth University to do it as it is not overly difficult for first yr multimedia students. What do we get?...yrs after being promised, we get a high to low sorting of the inventory.

I don't feel particularly chummy with our mods. I know I'm not alone there, and having them label my fellow members trolls n mute minions is not something i find particularly endearing.

I could go on but I want a constructive relationship that I can fill with hard truths with our forum mods. I know their intent was to be funny and they get credit for that and for that I'm willing to help them. But we can do a lil better IMHO.

I'm always up for a laugh.

Regards
Bam bam

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
This is already done on a daily basis. You could do no worse. lol...

I dont know about that. This is probably what it would look like after I am done with it.

http://www.bullshido.net/images/news/explosion.jpg

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey sandy,

I do see the funny side but its along the lines of bad taste. I call my mates names but if I called you the same names id be banned on here quicksmart. To me that endears me to my mates, to you id be an a--word. Know your crowd and what's appropriate. We are not shown enough respect as is, for yrs we have asked to be able to sought our inventories by atk/def/alpha/most recent/in army. I even offered help from a Perth University to do it as it is not overly difficult for first yr multimedia students. What do we get?...yrs after being promised, we get a high to low sorting of the inventory. I don't feel particularly chummy with our mods. I know I'm not alone there, and having them label me a troll i do not find endearing. I could go on but I want a constructive relationship that I can fill with hard truths with our forum mods. I know their intent was to be funny and they get credit for that and for that I'm willing to help them. But we can do a lil better IMHO.

Regards
Bam bam

I appreciate the thoughtful response, I truly do, and we definitely want to build a constructive and positive relationship with our users as well. I am sorry that your previous experience with the staff here has been negative, it is my hope to change that.

Evans
08-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Keep in mind that many players, including myself, do play more than one game and talk in more than one forum.

I feel sorry for you and the suffering this must bring you, one glitched game is plenty for me.

Also, please read what I have added to my post since you quoted it to get a better understanding of my point.

Systematrix
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I like the new titles. I was tired of everyone being a Senior Member after so many posts and that was it. The new titles are playful and clever. :)

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:36 PM
A reason for why I made this post. When people are referred to by names that in a situation like this take on a negative connotation, there is reason for them to be upset with their new title. I see how they were meant to be in good humor, but when people don't understand the reference, it is reasonable for them to question why these titles were implemented.

I completely understand. Do you think we should announce it in all of the different subforums rather than just the main one?

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I completely understand. Do you think we should announce it in all of the different subforums rather than just the main one?

Better yet, come up with good names lol
I see your title is community manager, want me to come up with a name for you :P
(Dont dare me lol)

Himbaer2
08-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm just amazed about where you put your focus. Why waste your time on titles when there are soooooo many games that need time spent on. I can only talk for the Legends at War community but I know issues are in a lot more games by Gree. How about posting in the forums about game updates an players concerns and questions instead if wasting your time on titles.
Why are you always looking for ways to piss us off even more??

west coast girl
08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes you should be putting this in each games announcement section, it would cut down a little on everyone making a post. I think you guys could have come up with some better names. There is a difference to being silly or cheeky and another to just being in bad taste. Who wants to get on the forum being frustrated with gree and the crummy game issues and be called a troll or being told your mute. You can and should do better.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm just amazed about where you put your focus. Why waste your time on titles when there are soooooo many games that need time spent on. I can only talk for the Legends at War community but I know issues are in a lot more games by Gree. How about posting in the forums about game updates an players concerns and questions instead if wasting your time on titles.

I am doing both, however remember that we can not touch the game code and "fix" any issues. We can only provide feedback to the developers and wait for them to take action. Additionally, when we request information/updates from game teams it can take some time to receive that information. We are working harder than ever with the various teams to try and get as much information as possible in a timely manner.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 05:51 PM
To thorm v2,

What would you know you are just a motor mouth.

In their defence their intent was good. The execution was jus poor. Id hate to see this be the straw that broke the camels back in your case. It's just a joke that wasn't executed particularly well. Don't know too many organisation that title their own members motor mouths. Like if it was something the community produced sure... But this is all wrong. Your post will be close and asked to refer to the other threads on this subject and rightly so.

But mate, you're not wrong.

(I was trying to send to send the above as clemmy locked your thread)

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Articulate is right handle for you my friend. I PMSL at this one.

Evans
08-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Clementine, in response to your earlier post, I do think a post should be made in all the sub forums detailing where all the names came from so that more people don't get ticked off about this since I for one never check any forum other than the one specific to my game. By doing this everyone would see this and it would stop the large number of threads that are being created and then locked from ever being made since there would be something right there to tell people about this.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Clementine, in response to your earlier post, I do think a post should be made in all the sub forums detailing where all the names came from so that more people don't get ticked off about this since I for one never check any forum other than the one specific to my game. By doing this everyone would see this and it would stop the large number of threads that are being created and then locked from ever being made since there would be something right there to tell people about this.

I can easily do this now. I will make them in all announcement sections and then lock and redirect here.

Evans
08-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Don't worry, your not alone, every game this company runs is chocked full of problems that desperately need to be fixed.

Evans
08-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I can easily do this now. I will make them in all announcement sections and then lock and redirect here.
Sounds good, this should help with a lot of the feedback you have been getting.

Sandhawk
08-06-2014, 06:03 PM

I'm not normally one to defend the mods, especially after our CJ54 experiences, but the amount of crying over this small change is just asinine!
You are misunderstanding their roles here. They are Forum Moderators. They are the channel of communication between us the player base and the pro/dev teams. They have no direct involvement in the coding process. Any assumption to the contrary is just ignorant.
The whole 5 min it took to brainstorm these names and type them in did not detract from their responsibilities as Forum Moderators.
If these new titles have in any way magically changed your gaming experience or your ability to converse on this forum, I will punch myself in the face.

Now put your big boy pants on and get on with life...

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Sounds good, this should help with a lot of the feedback you have been getting.

It has been done. I am updating this one too with a bit of explanation on the reason for choosing the titles. Hopefully will make it more clear.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
IThe whole 5 min it took to brainstorm these names and type them in did not detract from their responsibilities as Forum Moderators.

I guess I shouldnt tell you I spent all weekend thinking about these?

Ok, that's a lie, but it was more like 6.5 minutes.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 06:14 PM
I guess I shouldnt tell you I spent all weekend thinking about these?

Ok, that's a lie, but it was more like 6.5 minutes.

You won't make that mistake again will you?.

So this is your brainchild.

Thanks for taking ownership of it. That in itself is a positive sign. We have had so many "it's not our faults", "not our dept", "your banned", and other bullet dodging strategies. Great to see someone who puts his hand up and says "yep, that was me"

Euchred
08-06-2014, 06:17 PM
This thread is quite ridiculous, it's one little change to make the forum a little different. What's really going on here is how far can I push the new mod. Childish really.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:22 PM
You won't make that mistake again will you?.

So this is your brainchild.

Thanks for taking ownership of it. That in itself is a positive sign. We have had so many "it's not our faults", "not our dept", "your banned", and other bullet dodging strategies. Great to see someone who puts his hand up and says "yep, that was me"

I am not one to ban someone for speaking their mind, as long as they do it in a constructive and appropriate manner. Nor am I one to pass blame or fault onto another person or department.

That being said, I understand that there are some who will often not like what we have to say or do, and will always be vocal about that. Additionally there will be those who are happy with the decisions but never speak up. Again, that is the nature of the beast with online forums and game communities. It's a tricky ferocious beast and all we can hope for is trying our best.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I am not one to ban someone for speaking their mind, as long as they do it in a constructive and appropriate manner. Nor am I one to pass blame or fault onto another person or department.

That being said, I understand that there are some who will often not like what we have to say or do, and will always be vocal about that. Additionally there will be those who are happy with the decisions but never speak up. Again, that is the nature of the beast with online forums and game communities. It's a tricky ferocious beast and all we can hope for is trying our best.

And vies versa, there will be those displeased who don't speak up and then those who speak up with a good job thread. I've seen plenty of those. 2 yrs ago most of the threads were either helpful or positive. The neg culture that u have stepped into wasn't always so. I regret that the game is no longer number 1 earner on itunes (im a MW player) What I believe makes a game number 1 is cost vs entertainment ratio (value for money), trust/respect between consumer and provider, reliability and then there is always that intangible factor (that certain something which will never been seen in statistics or surveys). I hope we get the game back to number 1, it really is a great product that sells itself. Jus got to find a way to cater to the elitists n their comps to outspend each other and the battlers who spend what lil entertainment money they have on their game. Personally I think if you gave the top 10 teams a 0.001% boost they would still outspend the rest of us in pursuit of the number 1 tag.

Anyways hope you spend another 6.5mins on what comes next...

Ajk
08-06-2014, 06:34 PM
*smacks face* did I just enter the twilight zone?

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM
And vies versa, there will be those displeased who don't speak up and then those who speak up with a good job thread. I've seen plenty of those. 2 yrs ago most of the threads were either helpful or positive. The neg culture that u have stepped into wasn't always so. I regret that the game is no longer number 1 earner on itunes (im a MW player) What I believe makes a game number 1 is cost vs entertainment ratio (value for money), trust/respect between consumer and provider, reliability and then there is always that intangible factor (that certain something which will never been seen in statistics or surveys). I hope we get the game back to number 1, it really is a great product that sells itself. Jus got to find a way to cater to the elitists n their comps to outspend each other and the battlers who spend what lil entertainment money they have on their game. Personally I think if you gave the top 10 teams a 0.001% boost they would still outspend the rest of us in pursuit of the number 1 tag.

Anyways hope you spend another 6.5mins on what comes next...

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I will pass it on, though can't promise anything.

And my next idea I promise to spend at least twice as long on.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:38 PM
*smacks face* did I just enter the twilight zone?

http://uturncrossfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/h6C33CA11.jpg

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
By the way, while we will not be changing the new titles at this moment, I would love to hear suggestions from each of you about additional titles we could add at a later date. They should be similar in nature to what we currently have, bonus points for alliteration! Throw your best ideas at us!

Ajk
08-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Hey, since we are making some changes around here can we go back to darker back ground yet? It was changed awhile back and it took some getting used to the blinding color scheme. Well actually, you never get used to it. It's always there in all it's brightness.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Hey, since we are making some changes around here can we go back to darker back ground yet? It was changed awhile back and it took some getting used to the blinding color scheme. Well actually, you never get used to it. It's always there in all it's brightness.

Which background are we speaking of? The white one behind each post?

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 06:45 PM
By the way, while we will not be changing the new titles at this moment, I would love to hear suggestions from each of you about additional titles we could add at a later date. They should be similar in nature to what we currently have, bonus points for alliteration! Throw your best ideas at us!

*shakes head*

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey Clem when u close threads r u able to put the redirect on the last post as u close it?. U have shut off all the threads in MW forum without a redirect to the appropriate thread. How can people send you accolades if they cant easily reply...Cheers.

Edit, all closed threads, I see u did on one. Thank you kindly

Systematrix
08-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry but this is one of the silliest things I've ever seen anyone complain about on this forum.

Clementine, your playfulness has caused such chaos that here are my suggestions for new names that are sure not to offend.

# of Posts: User Title
10: 10+ Post Member
25: 25+ Post Member
50: 50+ Post Member
100: 100+ Post Member
250: 250+ Post Member
500: 500+ Post Member
1000: 1000+ Post Member
2500: 2500+ Post Member
5000: 5000+ Post Member
10000: 10000+ Post Member

Clementine
08-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Sorry but this is one of the silliest things I've ever seen anyone complain about on this forum.

Clementine, your playfulness has caused such chaos that here are my suggestions for new names that are sure not to offend.

# of Posts User Title
10 10+ Post Member
25 25+ Post Member
50 50+ Post Member
100 100+ Post Member
250 250+ Post Member
500 500+ Post Member
1000 1000+ Post Member
2500 2500+ Post Member
5000 5000+ Post Member
10000 10000+ Post Member

Bets on who will be the first to be offended by my remarks?

These are so inoffensive that I am offended. I am going to go reevaluate my life now.

Though if folks really wanted this, I suppose I could be persuaded. But the offer would have to be really good.

Auspex
08-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Hey lock-em-down Larry how about not locking every thread you dislike. Maybe we need to post some new handles here that admins can use.

Should we base it on posts, locked threads or days the avatar has been alive?
We should be sure to make it insulting in a playful way but still insulting so when you complain we can look like hurt puppies that just had a funny idea.

How could you think an 80% posse off customer base would take one more insult. I'm sure not thinking this is funny unless we can call you names personally as well. We call gree greedy for obvious reasons but now we have to call you what? You may not feel it yet but you've crossed a line if you are fast and remove every trace of it you might save something. You make playing this game tedious and coming here to post an insult. Why have a forum when you hate your customers so much you need to call them names?

ACE/SUPG
08-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Instead of worrying about silly titles to give players who post a lot,why not concentrate on ideas players give like less energy too defeat ltq & prestige,better bonuses,or upgrading defense buildings too new unit stats,or increasing levels too 350 or how too sell old valor & cash units & use it too buy better ones,instead of having a bunch of crap soldiers with 1 attack in inventory,would make the majority of players happy,or what about a gold producing building,even if it didn't produce a ton of gold

The_
08-06-2014, 08:24 PM
The following depicts more accurately:

10 Spamming forum so I can start a pointless topic
25 Woot, Now I can post a Pointless topic!
50 Why am I still on the forum?
100 ...........................
250 Crap, Now I'm an Idiot
500 The_ is Awesome
1000 Losing Hope
2500 Lost Hope
5000 Hopeless virgin
10000 40-yr-old virgin

andy2
08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
While I frankly couldn't care less what you call me, the very idea that you are spending time on this when your games are just riddled with major issues is insulting to me. Gives the impression you don't have you're priorities straight. We knew you didn't based on the content you release, but seriously who cares. How difficult could it be to use the time wasted on this and put stinking commas in people stats or abbreviate them. Just an example, but who cares about titles, fix whats broken.

yung_rider
08-06-2014, 09:01 PM
It's nice to see GREE taking initiative and working on important things like titles for the forums, instead of small things like huge gltiches and bugs in certain games, and explaination behind why the Chronicles of War book is missing and why they're no new events for law since the war ended on Monday. GREE, because having titles based on the number of posts you have accumulated is far more important. /END SARCASM

Robespierre
08-06-2014, 09:09 PM
Number of Posts
User Title

Mute Minion

Talkative Troll

Gabby Gremlin

Motormouth Maven

Articulate Aficionado

Chatty Consigliere

Babbling Boss

Gibbering General

Verbose Virtuoso

Loquacious Legend

Two points:

1. Changing the forum titles is messing with a lot of peoples' OCD & addictions. Think about it, you want obsessive people to play your games (a.k.a. operantly conditioned (http://community.vfs.com/arcade/2013/03/my-chat-with-patrick-plourde-about-far-cry-3-and-the-skinner-box/) and addicted (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/195806/chasing_the_whale_examining_the_.php)), so you will have to deal with addicts. Addicts do not respond well to change. Throw in a little perceived jab, and, well...there you have it.

2. There is only one Stan Lee:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapa/lists/raj-koothrappalis-list-about-stan-lees-characters-/33219/

Sol Invictus
08-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I like it. Very clever.

Thank you, Clemmy.

Next, you should increase the file size limit of avatars a little bit. Like, 300kb.

Clementine
08-06-2014, 09:25 PM
While I frankly couldn't care less what you call me, the very idea that you are spending time on this when your games are just riddled with major issues is insulting to me. Gives the impression you don't have you're priorities straight. We knew you didn't based on the content you release, but seriously who cares. How difficult could it be to use the time wasted on this and put stinking commas in people stats or abbreviate them. Just an example, but who cares about titles, fix whats broken.

One things I would like to clarify to everyone here is that the job of the Community Manager is to act as a communication channel between you (the users) and the Development Team. We take your feedback, complaints, requests, and provide them to the Devs in a manner and format that is constructive and understandable. We then discuss potential changes and improvements and the Developers take that and implement it into the game. A Community Manager will never actually touch the code, as we are not trained or knowledgeable in this area (we would end up breaking everything).

We are hard at work, constantly, gathering and delivering this feedback. Additionally we are constantly working with the teams to get more information about updates/status/feature for you players. There is a great deal of work to still be done in this area, we are aware, and we are dedicated to seeing the changes both sides desire.

In the meantime as we work on these changes, it is also our job to engage with you here on the forums and make them a fun and positive place to be.

Now, I understand many of you are frustrated, and rightly so, but let's please keep this thread on topic, friendly, and constructive.

KeyMan
08-06-2014, 10:54 PM
One things I would like to clarify to everyone here is that the job of the Community Manager is to act as a communication channel between you (the users) and the Development Team. We take your feedback, complaints, requests, and provide them to the Devs in a manner and format that is constructive and understandable. We then discuss potential changes and improvements and the Developers take that and implement it into the game. A Community Manager will never actually touch the code, as we are not trained or knowledgeable in this area (we would end up breaking everything).

We are hard at work, constantly, gathering and delivering this feedback. Additionally we are constantly working with the teams to get more information about updates/status/feature for you players. There is a great deal of work to still be done in this area, we are aware, and we are dedicated to seeing the changes both sides desire.

In the meantime as we work on these changes, it is also our job to engage with you here on the forums and make them a fun and positive place to be.

Now, I understand many of you are frustrated, and rightly so, but let's please keep this thread on topic, friendly, and constructive.Communication is frequently a two way street. Would you mind communicating some very basic information to us? Some very simple questions that could be answered by yourself or others:

Is LAW being shut down?
If not, any broad estimate as to when the Chronicles of War button will return and the next event start? Truthfully, I am not trying to lick you into a specific hour or even day...just tell us something.
With the delayed start, is it in an effort to eliminate the Android Hero Deploy/Duplication Glitch?

There have been so many suggestions made over the last couple of months. Can you truthfully say that any of them have been received by the developers and are actually being worked on? Which ones?

Some things that have been particularly troublesome with me have been the Bound Marauder item set not working, the Glade Sniper's skill not working, the false advertisement of the Tectonic Dragon as having a 50% item set then delivering a 35% item set....then compensating the top guild at the time but no one else creating an unfair advantage. Some of us have sent many tickets to Gree about these problems and all we get told is the automated responses from Gree and the eventual, no nothing will be done. People spend money on this game! Then we have all of these falsely advertised heroes that end up being broken and Gree refuses to fix anything. How about expanding the game a little beyond level 200?...maybe to 250 for now.

Communication is so important and it is a sincere two way street. Your customers have communicated hundreds, if not thousands of times, what useful information can you communicate with us? Please demonstrate that you can communicate. Give us just a little attention. Reply to a couple of posts per day. Give us some reasons why we shouldn't just quit. Please help!

yung_rider
08-06-2014, 11:10 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120630023647/glee/images/f/f4/Please_yes.gif

Himbaer2
08-07-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm not normally one to defend the mods, especially after our CJ54 experiences, but the amount of crying over this small change is just asinine!
You are misunderstanding their roles here. They are Forum Moderators. They are the channel of communication between us the player base and the pro/dev teams. They have no direct involvement in the coding process. Any assumption to the contrary is just ignorant.
The whole 5 min it took to brainstorm these names and type them in did not detract from their responsibilities as Forum Moderators.
If these new titles have in any way magically changed your gaming experience or your ability to converse on this forum, I will punch myself in the face.

Now put your big boy pants on and get on with life...

Ok, Clementine spent 6,5 minutes on creating these new titles and then hours reading the outrage about it AND found more time responding to it. Now someone please explain why this time wasn't used to read other forums AND respond to more important issues there? Why does one game get war results within an hour after the event finished but the other has to wait for weeks to get results if they ever even decide to post them. Legends at war had two wars so far where they never bothered giving a final leaderboard.
Clementine how about explaining who you need to get this information? Do you not have a database where you can just pull it from?
What possibilities do you have to gain information about a game? You always say:"I'll pass it on" but do you follow up and request an answer or is you job done once you passed the info along?
You claim your job is to communicate with us on the forum. Please do that with topics that are important to us and do it in all game forums not just the ones that currently make the most money for you. How do you expect newer or less profitable games to get better if you don't pay any attention to them? You can't seriously expect to put a product out and wait for it to thrive by itself. Especially not I you have tons of programming errors that we make you aware of and then never get a response about them.

One more thing to point out about your New Titles posts in each game forum
Crime City had 68 views
Modern War had 62
Beyond the dead 44
All others 8-22
Legends at War 131
Doesn't that tell you which gaming community visits the forum the most to get info?

Loki KAD
08-07-2014, 03:39 AM
This does not inspire confidence in your abilities!
Insulting customers for a laugh is your idea of work!

Get your acts together and deal with the real issues and stop creating problems for yourselves!

aephlux
08-07-2014, 04:19 AM
I like it, but i think you guys could have come up with better title names.

Jmarczuk
08-07-2014, 04:48 AM
I couldn't care less about those names but it's good that someone is finally interacting with us even if its up to a certain degree. I can't see the point though Clementine of spending loads of time on this thread and totally ignoring other ones i.e. this one that i started http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96681-Adrenaline-sale-or-Adrenaline-crates-sale

these are the type of questions the players need answers for instead of creating forum names. Lets deal with the big issues now and iron everything out later once the big ones have been answered.

Cobra Kai
08-07-2014, 04:58 AM
I am a "community manager" in RL on one of the largest US government collaboration tools. I have members from every walk of life in industry, science, technology, media, and military. I know you cannot change policy or enact on policy decisions no more than I can. I merely facilitate the discussion and bring information to the group/groups.

I would never allow those with the information to withhold it the way Gree does to you. Therein lies a problem within your organizational structure.

Your attempt to bring change to the forum in the spirit of lightheartedness has backfired because you did not get buy-in from the people you service. You could have made it fun by engaging with the masses on potential names and got at least a majority consensus through the polls or any other means. You wouldn't have satisfied all but you wouldn't be starting from ground zero.

Your choices are going to be seen negatively immediately because of not only past grievances but years of originations inertia that Gree has established within its gaming communities.

A lot of thought may have gone into the naming convention but the second order effects and impact wasn't thought through enough.

The sub forum layout could use so serious intellectual rigor. Time would be better spent on ensuring that sub forums are named correctly and added to cleanup what GENERAL has become.

Contemptor
08-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Is it just me , or did you notice that Clementine disappeared as soon as LaW was brought up?

jj JJ
08-07-2014, 06:59 AM
These names are the dumbest, most offensive thing I have seen from Gree in the last five minutes. I would love to say that it was a longer time span, but I am getting used to Gree being offensive and doing thing that make no sense so why should this be any different (remember that whole $500 for a 5% health boost last week in MW). Can I get an Amen from the forum?

Would it be offensive to community managers if we called them "paid mindless regurgitator of the Gree party line"? How about Gree managers as "Greedy Gremlins"? Developers as "incompetent commodore users"?

I don't think they would be found as cute and fun, but as offensive and rude.

You tell us to be respectful. How about you all at Gree look in the mirror guys/gals and think about stuff before you do it.

Auspex
08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
The silence is deafening.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Is it just me , or did you notice that Clementine disappeared as soon as LaW was brought up?

My silence/disappearance had nothing to do with LaW being brought up. I simply had to go cook and eat some dinner and sleep for the night. I am not trying to dodge questions about LaW, I am simply waiting to hear back from the Developers of the game.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
I like it, but i think you guys could have come up with better title names.

Definitely happy to hear feedback from you guys about additional titles you would like to see added (or even replace some of the currently existing ones).

legalious
08-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I think this is a step in the right direction but not the desired results. The user titles should be a selectable category per games played/selected, so that people know what game they play. We could even have a poll for names and choose them over a course of a week.

New ideas in general are a step forward.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 09:44 AM
I would never allow those with the information to withhold it the way Gree does to you. Therein lies a problem within your organizational structure.

This is something that I am actively working on trying to resolve. It is the middle of my second week, so it will likely take some time. I simply ask that you remain patient for at least a short time as I try and push changes forward.

The sub forum layout could use so serious intellectual rigor. Time would be better spent on ensuring that sub forums are named correctly and added to cleanup what GENERAL has become.

Can you enlighten me as to which ones you would love to see expansion upon? This is very useful feedback.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 09:45 AM
I think this is a step in the right direction but not the desired results. The user titles should be a selectable category per games played/selected, so that people know what game they play. We could even have a poll for names and choose them over a course of a week.

New ideas in general are a step forward.

Let me dig in vBulletin and see if this is something that I can create. It might take a little time to enact, but it is an interesting and good idea.

legalious
08-07-2014, 09:53 AM
While your updating the forum with interesting names for individuals, could you also look into some other forum features that have issues.

1. Calendar stops at the end of 2013.
2. Quick Links > View Forum Leaders crashes upon click
3. Unable to add Subscriptions to pages

Clementine
08-07-2014, 09:54 AM
While your updating the forum with interesting names for individuals, could you also look into some other forum features that have issues.

1. Calendar stops at the end of 2013.
2. Quick Links > View Forum Leaders crashes upon click
3. Unable to add Subscriptions to pages

I have taken note. Thanks!

Sol Invictus
08-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Subscriptions would be good.
Another forum I'm on lets you create private groups. Don't know how useful that would be here though, but it's a cool feature on that forum.

That forum also lets you give positive and negative reputation points, which show up on the user's control panel with little messages about the post that is being given points. The Rep also shows up as a little meter below your profile picture. People with a lot of bad Rep have red/orange bars and people with good Rep have green bars.

And on that forum, we get to pick our own title. But I like them the way they are.

But someone said something about communication being a two-way street and it got me thinking. I've mentioned a few times that there should be an Ask Me Anything thread. People would submit questions and then you guys would answer them. For instance, in Knights and Dragons and Criminal Legacy, how in the world are points you get from winning a fight in war calculated? Because they seem random.

I'm sure you're busy now. But think about it. Would be fun.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Subscriptions would be good.
Another forum I'm on lets you create private groups. Don't know how useful that would be here though, but it's a cool feature on that forum.

That forum also lets you give positive and negative reputation points, which show up on the user's control panel with little messages about the post that is being given points. The Rep also shows up as a little meter below your profile picture. People with a lot of bad Rep have red/orange bars and people with good Rep have green bars.

And on that forum, we get to pick our own title. But I like them the way they are.

But someone said something about communication being a two-way street and it got me thinking. I've mentioned a few times that there should be an Ask Me Anything thread. People would submit questions and then you guys would answer them. For instance, in Knights and Dragons and Criminal Legacy, how in the world are points you get from winning a fight in war calculated? Because they seem random.

I'm sure you're busy now. But think about it. Would be fun.

This is all fantastic. I really like the Ask Me Anything thread. I think my biggest concern with that would be that we might not be able to answer EVERY single question, and that could cause unrest. But I like the idea of start this in each of the forums.

User reputation is another thing that is definitely worth giving some thought to. Again the concern is that it could be abused, but it is definitely worth considering.

Rookeye
08-07-2014, 11:49 AM
The thing about titles is I personally don't want to be a "troll" or "gremlin", gabby or otherwise. This might encourage a new poster to spam, just to get rid of a perceived negative title. I would, if I were just joining.

I suspect that once the novelty wears off, people will stop complaining about the titles and return to complaining about other perennial favorites. ;)

Cobra Kai
08-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Clementine,

The sub forums should be divided into useful outlets for information flow between user and interface.

General forum should be renamed so as to not be a catch all because as it states now people can post anything in there which contradicts faction recruitment, trade forum, and others. General is too general.

There should be a help or assistance forum so both community managers and users can make threads for assistance.

A suggestions forum so good ideas are not buried in consistent "general" topics.

You want to parcel information am discussions so users no where to go to a quicker response and easier for community managers to data mine that information.

It will clean up threads and posts allowing flow of information to be more readily accessible.

I posted to CJ about this a while back but it didn't go anywhere.

You could create a sticky of good ideas so ideas are not constantly regurgitated. Allowing members to see their ideas (good ideas) are captured.

Small forum layout changes will reap larger benefits to both the users and to you as well.

Clementine
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Clementine,

The sub forums should be divided into useful outlets for information flow between user and interface.

General forum should be renamed so as to not be a catch all because as it states now people can post anything in there which contradicts faction recruitment, trade forum, and others. General is too general.

There should be a help or assistance forum so both community managers and users can make threads for assistance.

A suggestions forum so good ideas are not buried in consistent "general" topics.

You want to parcel information am discussions so users no where to go to a quicker response and easier for community managers to data mine that information.

It will clean up threads and posts allowing flow of information to be more readily accessible.

I posted to CJ about this a while back but it didn't go anywhere.

You could create a sticky of good ideas so ideas are not constantly regurgitated. Allowing members to see their ideas (good ideas) are captured.

Small forum layout changes will reap larger benefits to both the users and to you as well.

All brilliant ideas. Thank you. I have saved this to another document so I can work on some of these for you guys.

Rookeye
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
From original topic:

Number of Posts
User Title

Mute Minion

Talkative Troll

Gabby Gremlin

Motormouth Maven

Articulate Afficionado

Chatty Consigliere

Babbling Boss

Gibbering General

Verbose Virtuoso

Loquacious Legend

Of these, I like "Articulate Aficionado" and "Loquacious Legend". Unfortunately, "Troll" is a longstanding internet label for an unpleasant person. "Chatty" might be true, but I wouldn't choose that for myself. Ditto "Gabby" or "Motormouth". "Babbling" and "Gibbering" bring to mind either idiocy or insanity, alas.

However I do like titles. They just need a bit of an adjustment. :)

coolbala
08-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Cool Let me check My Title....

crime cow
08-08-2014, 10:04 AM
This is all fantastic. I really like the Ask Me Anything thread. I think my biggest concern with that would be that we might not be able to answer EVERY single question, and that could cause unrest. But I like the idea of start this in each of the forums.

You could open the ask anything thread once a month, once a quarter, etc. and leave it open for a set number of days. At the end of that time you could start to address the questions as many of them would show up more than once and it would be less cumbersome than trying to answer each post.

On another note I love how people are playing a game based on crime, but they are sensitive about being called names...

Clementine
08-08-2014, 10:51 AM
You could open the ask anything thread once a month, once a quarter, etc. and leave it open for a set number of days. At the end of that time you could start to address the questions as many of them would show up more than once and it would be less cumbersome than trying to answer each post.

This is a pretty nifty idea and would be pretty easy to implement in each forum.

TRAZ
08-08-2014, 11:00 AM
The current user titles are derogatory and insulting. They are in direct violation of the Forum Code of conduct that is posted above this announcement thread. Change them back to what they were.

crime cow
08-08-2014, 12:41 PM
The current user titles are derogatory and insulting. They are in direct violation of the Forum Code of conduct that is posted above this announcement thread. Change them back to what they were.

What did you say boss? You're babbling again.

Rookeye
08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
They're perceived by some as insulting, which is not perhaps the same thing. I'm interested to see what the next round of titles might look like.

bam bam.
08-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Delirious dictators. New titles for our forum moderators ;)
Tyrannical tyrants.
Orderly oppressors.
Insidious ignoramuses.
You go up a level with every 5 bans, 5 ignored threads, 5 non answers, 5 half jobs, 5 ridiculous ideas.

And that's my 6.5mins up...

Sandhawk
08-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Tyrannical tyrants.
Orderly oppressors.
Insidious ignoramuses.
You go up a level with every 5 bans, 5 ignored threads, 5 non answers, 5 half jobs, 5 ridiculous ideas.

Insidious ignoramuses is pretty funny! Not in relation to the mods/community managers but in general.

This will be my new go-to insult to someone in a lingual battle...

bam bam.
08-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Insidious ignoramuses is pretty funny! Not in relation to the mods/community managers but in general.

This will be my new go-to insult to someone in a lingual battle...

Probably my last contribution to this forum so enjoy it lol

Don't know if I will survive this outburst

Mr.Shh...
08-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I think this is starting to feel like an illusion, you know? Hey guys look here at the new forum and our creative idea on how to rate how much you talk while under the curtain we still haven't fixed any of the major issues or given the players what they ask for. Smoke and mirrors is all this seems to be. Im guessing yall still haven't figured out the lag issue from raid boss events?

Rookeye
08-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Came across this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S9EhabhtZ7Y/S-8m-9lL21I/AAAAAAAAABI/l-xkQQtpkZs/s1600/rank2.png

But I liked this better (from VBulletin forums):

"0 - 10 = Lurker
10 - 30 = Newbie
30 - 100 = Patron"

After Patron could come any number of NICE euphemisms for contributors to the forums. Hey, "Contributor" works! ;)

I think the top of the heap could be Supreme Wordsmith (or words to that effect) ...

P.S. I consider game issues and forum issues separate; I don't expect game issues handled before neato (or silly) ideas for the forums. I think they are dealt with alongside. *shrug*

W25-VENOM
08-09-2014, 10:02 PM
this is childish

Auspex
08-10-2014, 09:04 PM
So any changes yet? I'm just posting to see if Gree is still insulting me for using their forum. I used to come here to share game stratagy and info but now I come here to be called names.

Considering MW is by nature an aggressive PVP game with a military theme wouldn't ranks vs derogatory names be a better idea?

Having played for years I've already been called so many things in game I really don't need to get further insulted for using the forum.

Clementine
08-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Considering MW is by nature an aggressive PVP game with a military theme wouldn't ranks vs derogatory names be a better idea?

Given the fact that the titles span the entire forums, rather than just one name, we need to make sure the titles cover all the different games, or none at all. We are working on brainstorming some additional ones, and are open to suggestions.

Clementine
08-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Tyrannical tyrants.
Orderly oppressors.
Insidious ignoramuses.

+5 for alliteration.

Clementine
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Came across this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S9EhabhtZ7Y/S-8m-9lL21I/AAAAAAAAABI/l-xkQQtpkZs/s1600/rank2.png

But I liked this better (from VBulletin forums):

"0 - 10 = Lurker
10 - 30 = Newbie
30 - 100 = Patron"

After Patron could come any number of NICE euphemisms for contributors to the forums. Hey, "Contributor" works! ;)

I think the top of the heap could be Supreme Wordsmith (or words to that effect) ...

P.S. I consider game issues and forum issues separate; I don't expect game issues handled before neato (or silly) ideas for the forums. I think they are dealt with alongside. *shrug*

This a really helpful list. The titles don't have as much pizzaz as I would hope, but could easily cover all games!

P.S. I just noticed that the post count seems to be the numbers for MB/GB. Brilliant.

Clementine
08-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Please check out the proposed new titles, let us know what you think, and vote in the poll HERE (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?97226-Feedback-Needed-Proposed-New-Forum-Titles).

Locking this thread!