PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Inflation

bam bam.
08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Is the increase in both health fair?

Pidgeot
08-02-2014, 11:53 PM
The health increase is not fair. The top 10 percent dont respect these events anyway since they just gold through them anyway. Most boost that increase stats are hard to come by and really hard for all the other factions to get and punishing us for what the top 10 percent get is not fair. Im all for a fair game and increasing event difficulty to keep up with the inflation but many are unable to keep up and will quit the game.

What I say they should do is keep the events difficulty the same for about 5 cycles before increasing it. Give the players some time to keep up with the game. Also fixing the loot for boss 100 would be nice too. Either lower the health or allow boosted stats.

bam bam.
08-03-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't like the loot chance aspect to it myself. I hate gambling in this game. It is a stain. But on topic yeah I'm definitely of the opinion it should be frozen for an extended period

Pidgeot
08-03-2014, 12:30 AM
I just dont know what gaming company punish their players like this. We have no control over anything that happens and all the skill comes from how deep ones pockets are. I only play because my faction makes this game fun but this game is consuming too much of my time and life. They need to give us a break as these event are stressing me out.

Something need to happen. This game needs a major overhaul.

bam bam.
08-03-2014, 12:36 AM
I just dont know what gaming company punish their players like this. We have no control over anything that happens and all the skill comes from how deep ones pockets are. I only play because my faction makes this game fun but this game is consuming too much of my time and life. They need to give us a break as these event are stressing me out.

Something need to happen. This game needs a major overhaul.

Yeah mate, the market is those top teams spending most human beings yearly wages in a couple months on this game. So long as they can keep them happy the goose will keep laying golden eggs

Drakhoan
08-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Some have a 40% increase... really, how is that anywhere even remotely a reasonable amount? This event will eventually phase itself out at this rate! I hope it does, cause I could use a couple days event free to clean up my base.

Kiko Matsing
08-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Agree on having a 5cycle before increse, my faction got a descent stats increase from last 2cycles and we were hoping to atleast try kill some 100s but no, we are back from doing only until the lvl 90s since the 95s give us a full force doing 2 Force Attacks in the 2hr period

Jjqr
08-03-2014, 02:57 AM
And give low stats lvl players some extra health regeneration time.
One guy I know need 26 min till next force attack, I need 69 min till next force attack...

Dazzj10
08-03-2014, 03:07 AM
The increase is a joke , factions below top 750 teams have little to no chance of finishing
I wish gree would stop treating every event like we are all top 25 factions

bam bam.
08-03-2014, 03:14 AM
Mods feel free to comment on GREEs position on that. You said yourselves u r the conduit for info both ways. Lets start gettin some serious issues at the very least commented on

VSH
08-03-2014, 03:36 AM
+1 to all comments above

It didn't seem that long ago that my team were pushing to clear lvl 100 bosses. If we mustered enough bodies we could get through 90 and 95, but 100 was tough.

Now though, even the 90's seem real hard to get through. Most of us play hourly and daily, and try to complete challenges, but we just seem to be going backwards. Our stat to level ratio is starting to seem ridiculously low compared to a lot of guys out there which makes Epic boss and WD real tough too.

I understand that those with gold will always be ahead of the game, that is their choice and I respect that. But for everyone else, it's almost impossible to finish any event or challenge. In most cases we don't even come close. Just my two cents worth.

Auspex
08-03-2014, 04:04 AM
If Gree didn't move the carrot relative to player advancement, then players would spend less as they were attaining goals. Unlike 'other' gaming companies that allow you to achieve the goals they set over time but release new even more alluring goals to keep you spending.

With Gree you just tread water forever as they move the goal posts... and you get to pay just to stay there.

Jjqr
08-03-2014, 04:15 AM
I don't care that prestige is hard to finish...
it's just frustrating every time they change the rules when it's our turn...

Luke Knight
08-03-2014, 06:50 AM
My faction dreams of the day we will ever be able to get past lvl 80 bosses without bringing in serious ringers. Every cycle we struggle to finish the regular level and it would really be nice if one day we could have a shot to challenge the prestige level, but alas, at this rate this will never be. I feel like the lower level factions are going backwards. We probably won't finish the regular event this time now, even with help, and therefore our stat increase won't keep pace. The divide between the top and bottom will continue to grow until all the 30,000 lower level folks that play this game just quit.

Ozymandias
08-03-2014, 07:00 AM
This event is still massively easier than it has been... I remember back in february it took us 2 days to get to the level 65s, which now pretty much take a couple of hours, 100s seemed undefeatable, but we took the decision to go for it, and picked a time on the last day when as many of the faction as possible would be on line, called in loads of jumpers, and with the help of a healthy amount of gold took it down. Now... well sure this one is hard, but easier than it was.

But ultimately so what...you do the best you can, and try and do better than the factions around you... I don't get the sense of entitlement that seems to demand that all factions should be able to complete all events.

Generik79
08-03-2014, 07:02 AM
These poll results show that RB health is in a good place: most factions won't finish the whole event! AKA Only some players will get the full rewards. Tis as it should be! This has brought individual players out of the woodwork after spots in those factions that will finish. It tells me it's in a great place!

bam bam.
08-03-2014, 07:27 AM
These poll results show that RB health is in a good place: most factions won't finish the whole event! AKA Only some players will get the full rewards. Tis as it should be! This has brought individual players out of the woodwork after spots in those factions that will finish. It tells me it's in a great place!

Yes, that's exactly what the poll shows. Any who read the poll and think raid boss is anything other than great and being handled well are obviously mentally disturbed. You are not only wise, your powers of deduction are inspiring. Thank you for your input. I wish all men would strive to be as brilliant and understanding as you are.

Dumas
08-03-2014, 08:00 AM
To me it almost appears that the increase in RB health is based upon the increase in players Boosted Stat increases not in the RAW stat increase that is used in this event.

I have no problem with the events keeping up with the Average players stats, but how many in MW really had a 40% increase in raw stats since the last RB event? maybe 1%?

My Faction got within 2 levels of completing Normal last time without outside help, didn't feel like begging on the forums, and this time we are already struggling to get through level 17/22. We have all grown quite a bit and even have a few new players in house, but nope, can't compete with 40% increase in health.... so be it... have fun and slide backwards...

Sparkle
08-03-2014, 08:47 AM
The increase is a joke , factions below top 750 teams have little to no chance of finishing

Yeah... I can hang with some small increase in difficulty once in a while to keep the game challenging as we grow. But what is the point of growing if we can never reach the goals when we get there? I have difficulty with the energy increases in individual LTQ'S, too. We could use some health/energy regeneration bonuses at all levels to go with the increased requirements. And make increases in much smaller increments like 2%.

jchow69
08-03-2014, 09:34 AM
I say the health needs to be set and stay over extended period of time. We dont gain enough raw stats fast enough to keep up with the increasing boss health.

Platinumb
08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
This is a P2W game, things won't change. I could think of a number of things that could improve this game, or at least somewhat make it fair for all. But hey, GREE is a business and businesses need money.

I would rather have a unfair Modern War than no Modern War at all.

chefpaul9828
08-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Either tier the event, or scale back. Players like me on top teams can finish, but this is a community game, make a tier acheiveable for smaller factions to keep interest.

Generik79
08-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Yes, that's exactly what the poll shows. Any who read the poll and think raid boss is anything other than great and being handled well are obviously mentally disturbed. You are not only wise, your powers of deduction are inspiring. Thank you for your input. I wish all men would strive to be as brilliant and understanding as you are.

I am so happy we agree. Good luck on your faction's masters raid boss. I'm sure you don't have any faction members clamoring at the gates of top ten begging for spots. It is a wonderful thing to be on the same page! Bless you!

bigflan
08-03-2014, 10:59 AM
If it's over the top that's better because you can never beat the gold players as a free player and that means your fellow free players who you can compete with also have it harder

bam bam.
08-03-2014, 02:36 PM
I am so happy we agree. Good luck on your faction's masters raid boss. I'm sure you don't have any faction members clamoring at the gates of top ten begging for spots. It is a wonderful thing to be on the same page! Bless you!

No, sadly my faction has been together for 1.5yrs and r loyal to each other. A quality not rewarded in this game. We did have 50% gold spenders at one time but the goal posts being moved one too many times has put an end to that. What was once 25 moderate gold spenders has now moved to 5 lite gold spenders.

No we can not touch even one master boss. We have our fun through our forum rather than in game. I believe this is the case for most factions outside the top teams.

WBS
08-03-2014, 02:37 PM

factions in top 500 will have a hard time.

WBS
08-03-2014, 02:40 PM
No, sadly my faction has been together for 1.5yrs and r loyal to each other. A quality not rewarded in this game. We did have 50% gold spenders at one time but the goal posts being moved one too many times has put an end to that. What was once 25 moderate gold spenders has now moved to 5 lite gold spenders.

No we can not touch even one master boss. We have our fun through our forum rather than in game. I believe this is the case for most factions outside the top teams.

Same here Bam Bam the goals are getting ridiculous and we have less and less gold spending. I used to buy a vault now I just buy a stockpile, same with many others on my team. Some I have played with for 2 years now or close to it. It is way to obvious that gold is not worth it like it used to be. I only play for my team otherwise I would sit and camp and see how much money I could save up.

Cameron997456
08-03-2014, 04:25 PM
The main issue with the raid boss is Gree's thinks that the huge increase will match our stats, it matches our stats with boosts but without them the increase is way too much. They should either keep it lower than it is now for like 6-8 cycles and then raise it depending on how much our base stats can actually go up (from events in the time period) or raise it every cycle depending on what we had gotten.

East Coast Bias
08-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Pardon me, but I feel we are being a bit harsh.

The masters level was never intended to be achievable by the majority of the factions. Given that prestige can be completed by a large number of them, I believe Gree created a level that only few can achieve. While it would have been nice if the prize was an alliance defense, the 5% alliance attack is like a top 1 prize in WD, so I don't quite understand why people think it should be doable so easily. If some teams want to do it, let them. Perhaps some do it with their sheer strength, some others will throw gold at it. Let the teams that choose to do so go at it. But let's not fool ourselves that somehow it is unfair because not everyone can complete it. Heck, I'd wish I had those nice regen units from long ago too.

Pidgeot
08-03-2014, 11:01 PM

The masters level was never intended to be achievable by the majority of the factions. Given that prestige can be completed by a large number of them, I believe Gree created a level that only few can achieve. While it would have been nice if the prize was an alliance defense, the 5% alliance attack is like a top 1 prize in WD, so I don't quite understand why people think it should be doable so easily. If some teams want to do it, let them. Perhaps some do it with their sheer strength, some others will throw gold at it. Let the teams that choose to do so go at it. But let's not fool ourselves that somehow it is unfair because not everyone can complete it. Heck, I'd wish I had those nice regen units from long ago too.

We are talking about Prestige, not Master.

stephen2013
08-03-2014, 11:06 PM
I voted "it's fair" for one main reason: my faction will complete prestige on this event, just like we have for all the past raid boss events. We don't even bother with master; that's some crazy bull****.

bam bam.
08-04-2014, 03:16 AM
I voted "it's fair" for one main reason: my faction will complete prestige on this event, just like we have for all the past raid boss events. We don't even bother with master; that's some crazy bull****.

Fair comment, my crew has not managed to keep up with the curve

Rob TRK
08-04-2014, 03:35 AM
It's not unreasonable if you are top 250 for Prestige. For team below that if you can get help it's achievable. My Faction finishes Prestige and individual each time. We continue to progress through Masters, but not yet completed i, we aim to go further each time for the valour boost! We finished T150 last war.

WBS
08-04-2014, 06:57 AM
What Pidgeot said. I am not speaking of masters. We wont even attempt a 105 as the unit is a 72/72 unit hardly big enough to kill a mosquito.

Drakhoan
08-04-2014, 05:17 PM
This event is still massively easier than it has been... I remember back in february it took us 2 days to get to the level 65s, which now pretty much take a couple of hours, 100s seemed undefeatable, but we took the decision to go for it, and picked a time on the last day when as many of the faction as possible would be on line, called in loads of jumpers, and with the help of a healthy amount of gold took it down. Now... well sure this one is hard, but easier than it was.

But ultimately so what...you do the best you can, and try and do better than the factions around you... I don't get the sense of entitlement that seems to demand that all factions should be able to complete all events.

So I went back and checked... no one wants or claims that every faction should be able to complete RB Prestige. Why do you naysayers keep bringing that up?

Problem here is the sometimes 40% boss increase makes no sense when you consider the addition of the Masters level.

What makes sense is to do one or the other:
Add Masters level... drastically reduce the boss inflation along with the Prestige reward unit.
No Masters level... boss inflation and Prestige reward unit inflation is appropriate at some level, not 40% though as most have mentioned player stat gain per cycle is far less than that even with boost!

Merc_mw
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I think instead of big jumps in health, a consistent increase each event makes it less harsh. Maybe trail the average strength gains for a few months, then bump one. (Ie 5%H V. 7%S for three months then 12%H v 7%S). So teams have a chance to make progress,assuming they are active. then have to work a bit harder.

East Coast Bias
08-04-2014, 09:36 PM
So I went back and checked... no one wants or claims that every faction should be able to complete RB Prestige. Why do you naysayers keep bringing that up?

Problem here is the sometimes 40% boss increase makes no sense when you consider the addition of the Masters level.

What makes sense is to do one or the other:
Add Masters level... drastically reduce the boss inflation along with the Prestige reward unit.
No Masters level... boss inflation and Prestige reward unit inflation is appropriate at some level, not 40% though as most have mentioned player stat gain per cycle is far less than that even with boost!

Apologies if I misread the thread. There are usually two issues being brought up (everyone should be able to complete the events and health increase). As one of the mods mentioned, they created the different levels so that different groups would continue to be challenged. I don't have an issue with that. If certain teams want to spend, great. It allows us to continue to enjoy the game as the gold players help finance the game. With respect to boss health, unfortunately it is gree just being lazy. Rather than increasing the health in line with the prizes, they keep it the same for a few cycles then jack it up. Unfortunately, they must not have a good grasp on how the stats of the avg player has increased during that time. I'd say 25% would have been more reasonable. We have to remember that these guys need to make a buck off the gold spenders, so it needs to be challenging at the masters level, and also at prestige for the top 250 factions (I know some well organized teams in top 500 who are also in line to finish prestige).

I'm still not sure what the impact of masters has been on the lower factions, so any input would be appreciated. Does it distract strong players from helping lower factions, or do the next level of top players give up so early, that there is a larger pool of players to help lower factions? I ask this since the high valor payouts don't happen until the latter stages of masters, and to get there is murder. So I'm wondering if masters has led to less or more help. Hard for me to get a read on this.

Pidgeot
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Most players dont gain RAW stats. For me, I gain a total of maybe 3m in raw stats from last raid boss to this raid boss. Sure my boosted stats were good but most of my gain were growlers, and what 200k units I could get. Thats not a reason to justify a 40% health increase.

nocebl
08-05-2014, 01:44 PM
As usual no reply from mods.

Tadaaah
08-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey there,

As stated in a few of the comments, we do create events and different levels to help challenge players of all levels. With that being said, we are always welcome to new feedback and suggestions. The game would be nothing without the players. Our teams are working on ways to rebalance and maintain balance in the game. This process is always on going for games that are constantly live and constantly changing.

Don't worry if you don't immediately see us on a thread; it doesn't mean we aren't here and reading. Sometimes, it's great to allow players to have time to discuss ideas amongst themselves before stepping in; especially on threads that are feedback or suggestions to gameplay.

Thanks again for the feedback. Remember, keep it classy. :D

SpikeyKit
08-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Hey there,

As stated in a few of the comments, we do create events and different levels to help challenge players of all levels. With that being said, we are always welcome to new feedback and suggestions. The game would be nothing without the players. Our teams are working on ways to rebalance and maintain balance in the game. This process is always on going for games that are constantly live and constantly changing.

Don't worry if you don't immediately see us on a thread; it doesn't mean we aren't here and reading. Sometimes, it's great to allow players to have time to discuss ideas amongst themselves before stepping in; especially on threads that are feedback or suggestions to gameplay.

Thought the masters was meant for the challange? We dont mind having a challange but to bump the HP that much. My team would have to grow about 25m each in raw stats to be able to finish it

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 03:50 AM
Hey there,

We know you are around all the time by what immediately gets censored and what doesn't. Also what is not said is speaking loud and clear.

As for the thread topic we don't need generalised comments on specific issues. I'd prefer no comment to a generic company line mate. The issue here is 85% of the community currently think the balance is off. Pass that onto the devs would ya old buddy ol pal. Cheers

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm currently wearing my anchorman t-shirt Tadaaah, so you get a point there.

Thanks for trying

1GaDawg85
08-06-2014, 06:21 AM
It's is unacceptable how much the health increased

Rowe1985
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
I would be happy with the increase for raid boss if master's hadn't been bought in as the challenge.

My personal opinion is that the prestige level should increase at a fixed rate for a bit, with better low level masters prizes for us to chase, similar to the Epic Boss Structure.

YankeePhil
08-06-2014, 02:48 PM
the gain is mathematically logical, at least in my faction anyway. My quick attack increased about 5 mil from the previous raid boss event and so therefore my force attack went up 25m. In a 60m faction if everyone increase the same that would be a 1.5b difference which is about the same amount the 100 raid boss went up.

bam bam.
08-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Has anyone else had their ability to post new threads removed and no cause given?. Getting sick and tired of the forum mods going all North Korea on me. If you want to censor me ban me. Stop messing with me.

My threads hit the hot topics and give a clear forum view. My poles which have had options both pro and against have come back with overwhelming support one way or the other. Give me my posting permissions back.

I see we are no longer senior members we are articulate aficionados (people who tell it as it is). Talkative trolls (people who troll the forums for entertainment), chatty consigliere (people who complain more than add helpful contributions). This is all in the view of the forum mods. Guys if your gonna change the rules mid game hows about letting us know. Need the info!

Systematrix
08-06-2014, 04:10 PM
I see we are no longer senior members we are articulate aficionados (people who tell it as it is). Talkative trolls (people who troll the forums for entertainment), chatty consigliere (people who complain more than add helpful contributions).

Hey, I didn't even notice that, lol. See there? Another helpful forum contribution from bam bam. Thanks friend. :)

And now I see I'm a Motormouth Maven. I don't post that frequently on here to be considered a motormouth so maybe it just goes by how many posts you've done. I'm guessing when I hit 250 posts I'll be an Articulate Aficionado also.

NexusImperium
08-06-2014, 04:19 PM
I wish people around here would quit blaming Gree for all the problems with event requirement inflation. Gree is only chasing the maximum amount of money that people are willing to pay on this idiot game.

If you want to blame anyone then blame the people in the top 25 factions for throwing bat sh*t f*king retarded amounts of money into this game. And if you're in one of these factions and you're on these forums b*tching about the ever-increasing requirements for this game then do us all a favor and cut up your credit card and get yourself into counseling for your gambling addiction.

bam bam.
08-07-2014, 05:25 AM
I wish people around here would quit blaming Gree for all the problems with event requirement inflation. Gree is only chasing the maximum amount of money that people are willing to pay on this idiot game.

If you want to blame anyone then blame the people in the top 25 factions for throwing bat sh*t f*king retarded amounts of money into this game. And if you're in one of these factions and you're on these forums b*tching about the ever-increasing requirements for this game then do us all a favor and cut up your credit card and get yourself into counseling for your gambling addiction.

Gree is not without blame, but yes guys outspending each other with the sole purpose of outspending one another is bananas and ruining our game.

Some of us have serious jobs and blowing off steam gaming is a great way to relax. So is spending time with loved ones and other healthy hobbies but gaming definitely has its place.

After this naming fiasco seeing all the members from the different games complain about the same things makes me certainly realise MW is not the redheaded step child locked in the basement. All gree customers are treated the same across the board. Communicate that back to gree!.

Viktor85
08-09-2014, 04:45 AM
You all should stop donating to faction bank, up you IPH like mad to be able to buy cash units. That's what our faction does. We all work hard on our IPH, and when we need to, we all
buy us cash units. We weren't able to finish prestige raid boss for a while, now even eith the health increase it was no problem. Have an IPH of 16M now, and can buy me a 50 pack growlers every 2nd day if i need to. Only way to keep up with health increases.

Drakhoan
08-09-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm still not sure what the impact of masters has been on the lower factions, so any input would be appreciated. Does it distract strong players from helping lower factions, or do the next level of top players give up so early, that there is a larger pool of players to help lower factions? I ask this since the high valor payouts don't happen until the latter stages of masters, and to get there is murder. So I'm wondering if masters has led to less or more help. Hard for me to get a read on this.

I would say far less help... seems most are working as hard and long as they can on masters. Previously the last two days there was help all over the place for prestige. With the increase, now even those that used to finish prestige early are working on it a little longer and they aren't helping others either. Basically it seems that the majority are working their buts off to the end of the event. Which is good for gree and OK for the the game in some respects. If the increase continues at that same 20-45% then RB will start falling on the favorites list.

Drakhoan
08-09-2014, 10:40 AM
You all should stop donating to faction bank, up you IPH like mad to be able to buy cash units. That's what our faction does. We all work hard on our IPH, and when we need to, we all
buy us cash units. We weren't able to finish prestige raid boss for a while, now even eith the health increase it was no problem. Have an IPH of 16M now, and can buy me a 50 pack growlers every 2nd day if i need to. Only way to keep up with health increases.

This makes perfect sense and works if you are on a team that focuses only on RB or has maxed bonuses where donating is of less importance. Now with the frontline event that uses the purchase of event units, doing what you are saying is made even more difficult.

bam bam.
08-24-2014, 06:01 AM
Bumping this one cause they have really screwed the pooch on this event now too