PDA

View Full Version : Why players were complaining about "collect all"

Agent Orange
08-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Looks like this feature does not vault your cash. If you hit the button and collect everything that money does not immediately show up in your vault screen sometimes. There can be a delay of several seconds so if you go merrily off thinking you cash is safe it is not.

Also, this feature will collect all your money buildings including raided ones even though if you manually collect leaving raided buildings the button will disappear after you have collected your last raided building. For those leaving their buildings raided beware.

Alexindahouss94
08-02-2014, 09:05 AM
In my experiance, it does not collect raided buildings. I thought that i could sync my building together using this, and when i came back to my base, only the raided buildings were left uncollected. Anyone else experience this?

JCL
08-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Same here... I think they intended it this way but with Gree.... ???

In my experiance, it does not collect raided buildings. I thought that i could sync my building together using this, abd when i came back to my base, only the raided buildings were left uncollected. Anyone else experience this?

bam bam.
08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
It does not vault ur cash. It doesn't even truly collect ur cash until u sink up with the server manually. U still have time that u can b raided so be careful. Force Sync immediately!, manually vault if ur cash lvs r that low. I jus open faction chat or refresh rivals list.

Remember: everything is a half job. Jus think like a lazy dev and then adjust ur gaming style to make up for the lack of ability. Probably gonna get 2 demerit points knocked off my forum license for that witty barb.

Thorm V2
08-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Don't worry! They just hired ANOTHER community service rep since it's going so well with tadaaaaha.

Generik79
08-02-2014, 10:05 AM
iOS - Collect All collects only LIT not RAIDED buildings.

DROID - Collect All collects ALL buildings included all raided buildings!

You are going to get some complaints...and justifiably so!

Alexindahouss94
08-02-2014, 12:31 PM

Thanks for clearing that up

Jack07
08-02-2014, 12:36 PM
On Android:
Hit collect all > then vault > then click faction link to synch with server ...

All this takes less than 10 seconds , never lost a dime nor have I noticed any discrepancy in monies collected.

Suspect5
08-02-2014, 01:30 PM

the fact that it does not collect raided buildings and does for another OS is pretty lame Gree. did you guys save some money that way or was it just to hard for your guys to do?

Drakhoan
08-02-2014, 03:09 PM

What? An andriod advantage... all I read/hear is iOS has it so much better. Not that anything will shut them up!

PITA4PRES
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
the fact that it does not collect raided buildings and does for another OS is pretty lame Gree. did you guys save some money that way or was it just to hard for your guys to do?

What about the fact that many Android users are no longer getting videos to watch for free gold? Is that fair to us? One account hasn't had any since changes were made a while ago, and my other account gets a couple a week if that.

Auspex
08-02-2014, 06:02 PM
I wish the collect all was consistent. I'm on iOS, it collects all... sometimes... Raided buildings may get collected if they are not showing as raided. Since 80% of my raided buildings never show up as raided it collects that 80% usually...

I would think that raided buildings should show up. Most times I have to exit the game before collecting and force close it. Sometimes this still doesn't work and I have to do it 2-3 times just to see what has been raided. I just don't bother and instead go hit someone to see if my boosts are down. If they are then I go to the trouble of 2-3 restarts til they show up as raided so I can fix them.

Although boosts are not part of the collect button the cash buildings are behaving in the same way. I can only guess how much was raided as the report has truncated numbers 603958.... was it 6 mil or 60 mil? who knows if you can't check to see what was raided.

TheBFO
08-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Well when you manually tap on every building it doesn't automatically vault it. You tap every building and then vault it.

Collect all basically saves you the trouble of tapping every building. I do agree it should collect raided buildings.

You guys would whine about something even if it did vault it.

Auspex
08-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm a very consistent whiner, I whine about broken game functions and poorly planned events that require massive glitch repairs that are released as live and the company takes money for them.

Make it work right before you try and sell it. I don't spend money here. Some people that do spend money, need to be able to open this forum and read 4000 hack, glitch and poor customer service threads so they can make an informed decision.

The game is fun and for free too. As for vaulting cash you need to be under the vault limit which is only during WD for me. Since I'm always over vault you can collect 3.6M from me if someone else hasn't already in the recent past. This needs to be way higher. My IPH on hourly buildings is almost that much.

To make the vault useful it needs to be worth using. losing 3.6 million 1 or 2 times/day is way less then the cost of expanding the vault. If there was real pain from being attacked and real reward for attacking I'm sure that would change. This 300K/hit was set back at the beginning of this game when 500k iph was huge. Now with 10 Million being pretty average they should increase the amount to 3M/hit and the limit to 36M at least.

GoodGuy
08-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I tend to agree. I recently brought myself up to 120 million to get the Zambezi building, just through building income and raiding, and was only raided 2 times for a total of about 3 million over several days. My Vault was only 36 million. So it really is not worth spending all that money on the vault.

EZfodder
08-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I like it too. Would be nicer if the collector could put the money in the vault :)

Agent Orange
08-03-2014, 06:02 AM
Well when you manually tap on every building it doesn't automatically vault it. You tap every building and then vault it.

Collect all basically saves you the trouble of tapping every building. I do agree it should collect raided buildings.

You guys would whine about something even if it did vault it.

Oh silly me, I forgot this isn't a strategy game. Er well maybe the only 'strategy' might be which Rayban's to wear with my Armani suit.

Some might actually use some strategy like leaving raided buildings raided and this feature circumvents this. Also the lack of consistency between operating systems is notable.

TheBFO
08-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Oh silly me, I forgot this isn't a strategy game. Er well maybe the only 'strategy' might be which Rayban's to wear with my Armani suit.

Some might actually use some strategy like leaving raided buildings raided and this feature circumvents this. Also the lack of consistency between operating systems is notable.

It does leave raided buildings raided, genius. It doesn't collect raided buildings.

lemonhaze
08-03-2014, 08:41 PM

that sucks to get raided builds collected bc alot of players use raided cash builds to block boosts ..i just hit collect all then refresh rivals and money is safe..

Agent Orange
08-04-2014, 07:15 AM
It does leave raided buildings raided, genius. It doesn't collect raided buildings.

And you would be wrong, Android collects all buildings including raided and on my test IOS device it also collected the raided buildings though it is not supposed to.

Auspex
08-04-2014, 11:15 AM
And you would be wrong, Android collects all buildings including raided and on my test IOS device it also collected the raided buildings though it is not supposed to.

Not really correct. It collects whatever has not been properly displayed as raided. if you get a raid report but nothing is showing raided you must force close the game and restart the app, maybe 2-3 times, this will show your raided buildings eventually. Once they appear as raided the collect all button will ignore them. If you just open game collect and then get a report 1 minute later they are already collected and will not show raided.

Just a problem with the coding. Oh and I'm on iOS. Pretty much like not getting splash screens for WD til 4 days later or not getting splash screens for Frontline, never seeing what happened in that war you just fought. You will get 2 splash screens for every raid boss though and you may have the game close itself during those as you have 40 splash screens to cycle through.

It looks like code by 3 or 4 different people that are not sharing with each other. Some things work some don't just kinda random.

Once they get this game out of Beta testing it might be ok.

TheBFO
08-04-2014, 03:53 PM

I have 2 ios devices and neither collects raided buildings. I have to manually tap each to collect them.

Tadaaah
08-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!

SOF
08-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Any chance we could see an update where it collects raided buildings as well? I personally would really like this. I love collect all feature as it saves a lot of time tapping the screen a ridiculous number of times for a base my size.

Gen CheeBye
08-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Let's set the record straight! The collect all button does not collect raided buildings for either iOS or Android!

Really? I'm on android and the collect all button has been resetting my raided buildings.

lemonhaze
08-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Really? I'm on android and the collect all button has been resetting my raided buildings.
lol its typical they dont have any ideal bc they dont even talk to one another at work it appers..

TheBFO
08-04-2014, 08:54 PM
lol its typical they dont have any ideal bc they dont even talk to one another at work it appers..

Nor do they play the games they they rep.

Adm. J(K96)
08-05-2014, 02:17 AM
Someone at Gree wrong? Never lol!

Gen CheeBye
08-05-2014, 02:55 AM

I'm still resetting my raided building when I press that collect all button.

And now I'm starting to believe that people actually do shoot themselves in the foot.

Gerard Figallo
08-05-2014, 03:33 AM
There are some players who leave most of the buildings in there base raided, The only ones that matter are boost buildings 12's, 24's and 48's

qwertyguy
08-05-2014, 04:44 AM

Maybe that is what you have been told. Maybe that is how it was supposed to work by design. But in practice it is very different.

The fact is that in many circumstances the 'Collect All' does collect raided buildings. And there is a big difference between the Android and iOS experience on this issue.

plavine
08-05-2014, 05:20 AM
I like the collect all - you should always check your base to see what needs to be collected anyway , plus vaulting is habit for me anyway. The update also included Att/def of the current prize during events. It was a long time coming but appreciated : thanks gree :)

Agent Orange
08-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Yes Android is still collecting raided and partially raided buildings. Possibly an issue with the version not being up to date on either the playstore or 1mobile store.

Taaadaa at the best of times android updates have issues such as file sizes that are to large for some phones to digest properly. I spend a lot of time hunting down old files that the app has not properly flushed so I have no doubt that someone in dev told you it should work but the reality is it isn't or at least isn't for everyone.

iOS with the latest update on the app store seems to have fixed this problem and also seems to calculate and display all the building cash collected faster.

Agent Orange
08-05-2014, 06:33 AM
I like the collect all - you should always check your base to see what needs to be collected anyway , plus vaulting is habit for me anyway. The update also included Att/def of the current prize during events. It was a long time coming but appreciated : thanks gree :)

I have to admit I like it too, as long as it doesn't reset raided buildings which I purposely leave since I play very infrequently.

Hmmm I wonder if that was the IOS problem, I never went on the app store to do the app update since a server push did load a version of the app that had the collect all button. Since I updated manually it looks like the feature is doing what it is reported to do whereas the server pushed version didn't.

qwertyguy
08-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Although I didn't like the Collect All at first because of all the bugs, I do now that most of them have been fixed. But the raided building thing still persists. I hope it is just a version at the store problem as Agent Orange suggests.

Mcdoc
08-05-2014, 10:09 AM

Just curious if you've actually personally tested this on your own game ?

It it seems like there are mixed reports on this and I would tend to believe someone who is talking about what actually happened in their game over what some programmer explained what was "Supposed" to be the case :)

The he explanation about what actually shows up as raided vs a news flash of a raid seems to be a valid point

Agent Orange
08-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Android is still collecting all buildings, raided or not, fully raided and partly. Version 4.2.7, build 138.

The server pushed updates are all over the place on my test devices, phone = 4.2.6 with the latest push which shows collect all, one tablet is failing to get push to load is still stuck on 4.2.3.

Btw this is not some new issue with this current version(s) of the Android app this is common.

sstuutss
08-06-2014, 07:03 AM
lol. still working just fine here. But then I think it would be pretty useless if it dont work the way it shouldn't

Max Power
08-06-2014, 07:30 AM
I am on IOS.

The Collect All button does not "collect all" it only collects buildings that have not been raided. Been that way through all updates. I don't like it that way.

To me, collect all means ALL, not "collect some buildings". The whole purpose of the button is convenience, and to make it situational is not convenient. I realize that some people want to leave their raided buildings raided, but nobody took away the old style building collection system away from you. You can still leave your raided buildings raided, as always.

Perhaps the way to accommodate both playing styles is to have an either/or toggle switch to select "all" or "some", although that would be more programming. I imagine it might mean losing that annoying pop-up you get clicking on your first raided building telling you that you have been raided, as if that weren't obvious. Regardless, I would like to go on record of having "all" mean all.

sstuutss
08-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Thanks for taking the to write what I was thinking Max. Maybe gree need to look up the meaning of 'all' as well as 'soon'

Agent Orange
08-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Personally It doesn't matter to me which way it works I will adapt. But it would be great if things were consistent between IOS and Android!

Gen CheeBye
08-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Still waiting for answer from Mods.

Cat caught your tongue?

Max Power
08-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Personally It doesn't matter to me which way it works I will adapt. But it would be great if things were consistent between IOS and Android!

100% agreement there.

Auspex
08-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Today it worked correctly for the first time. I don't think it will continue to do this but if it does I will be happy to post it here. I am on iOS and until today I had to make sure raided buildings first showed a raided flag which could take up to 10 minutes or force closing and re starting the app. Today it worked right without force closing. If I get raided while sleeping I will try to be sure to note what happens and post here. I feel very beta and still my faction mates are spending their real money. Imagine you were a pizza shop would cheese be a 'random' topping? You are a gaming company selling virtual bravado to addicts, make us feel loved or we will buy someone else's virtual bravado.

I am a cow!
08-08-2014, 02:43 AM
i honestly dont care either way, i still get my cash 1 way or the other but I must say while it is more convenient to collect when in the middle of a raid and your (high value) target hops on and decides to collect then... you've just lost a huge amount of cash

iamnasty
08-08-2014, 03:08 AM
i honestly dont care either way, i still get my cash 1 way or the other but I must say while it is more convenient to collect when in the middle of a raid and your (high value) target hops on and decides to collect then... you've just lost a huge amount of cash

yep, doesn't bother me, my base is poor, hoping some rich players hit me and best thing to do is STALKING......moo👀💤💤

VileDoom
08-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Personally I like that the collect all button does NOT collect from raided buildings. Some of these short time LTB buildings draw too many gnats to your base.

Tadaaah
08-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Hey guys,

As stated previously, Raided Buildings should not be collectable. We are unable to reproduce this on our side. If you are experiencing this. Please take a screenshot and send it our way.

sstuutss
08-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Hey guys,

As stated previously, Raided Buildings should not be collectable. We are unable to reproduce this on our side. If you are experiencing this. Please take a screenshot and send it our way.

As I'm still waiting for my upgrade glitch money and or time back, I'll get right on that. Expect my report soon.

Gen CheeBye
08-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Hey guys,

What Android device and version are you guys testing with?

sstuutss
08-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Testing? whats that?

Agent Orange
08-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Hey guys,

Just curious but what good will a screenshot do now that the buildings have been collected?

I posted which version of Android app this is occuring on, the app was downloaded from the 1mobile market. The device is an Android tablet running 4.0. If you like I can send in tickets which would likely provide better data.

fighter777
08-10-2014, 12:12 PM
where is the collect all button on android?
I have yet to see it...

Auspex
08-10-2014, 09:22 PM

I haven't read past this post yet so you may already have retracted this very wrong information. If so my apology.

I am on iOS and my buildings rarely even show up as raided. If I just hit the button when I open the game it will always collect and reset my raided buildings. 100% of the time.

To see raided buildings I must force close the game 2-3 times. This is a problem that has been ticketed 100's of times already. If you manage to fix the display issue first then the button might work. If you play the game you will notice raid reports, when you look to see what has been raided nothing shows up. After multiple forced restarts these may eventually show up. Once you manage to get them to show up your new button will work right.

Right now the collect all button ALWAYS collects my raided buildings.

Auspex
08-10-2014, 09:31 PM
If you post here telling me how wrong I am again I'm sure that will fix this issue.... I'm just a mouthy maverick anyway right?

sstuutss
08-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Hows them crickets?

Ugly Thundershield
08-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Not a fan of that button, now raiding even gets more diff and takes quite a time to find a good target , and this is what the game a.o. Is all about you raid / att get cash to manage your resources. Give me back the days before this button.

NexusImperium
08-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I love this button. It means that all these losers with huge stats but 100k IPH can get out of my base and back in their cardboard box. It's great.

Tadaaah
08-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Just curious but what good will a screenshot do now that the buildings have been collected?

I posted which version of Android app this is occuring on, the app was downloaded from the 1mobile market. The device is an Android tablet running 4.0. If you like I can send in tickets which would likely provide better data.

Yes, go ahead and place in a support ticket with as much information as possible. Screenshots before and after could help.

Gen CheeBye
08-11-2014, 05:06 PM
It's nice to avoid a general question on a public forum.

Thanks for such great customer service.

Tadaaah
08-11-2014, 05:08 PM
It's nice to avoid a general question on a public forum.

Thanks for such great customer service.

Which question are you referring to? The question asked "Is the collect all button meant to collect raided buildings?" No, this is not the intent. We are unable to reproduce this on our side. If you are experiencing this, please report this include video and screenshots if possible. Thank you.

Gen CheeBye
08-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Which question are you referring to? The question asked "Is the collect all button meant to collect raided buildings?" No, this is not the intent. We are unable to reproduce this on our side. If you are experiencing this, please report this include video and screenshots if possible. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Tadaaah
Hey guys,

sstuutss
08-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Another question I have is, whats the point of a collect all button that, well, Doesn't ?
Means I have to scroll all over my base checking for raided biuldings becuase the raid reporting is ummm how can I put this? crap
May as well forget it and use your time testing something else

One more.....have you looked up the meaning of 'all' yet?

Tadaaah
08-11-2014, 09:06 PM

We have several different devices. Would you like to provide us with what version you are on and the type of device? :D

generalpain
08-11-2014, 11:27 PM
We have several different devices. Would you like to provide us with what version you are on and the type of device? :D

HTC One, Android 4.2.2 stock phone. Collect all collects everything, to include raided buildings.

Personally, I wish it was not there. Makes me lazy and I forget that I wanted to reset certain buildings.

Gen CheeBye
08-12-2014, 12:32 AM

HTC One M8
Android 4.4.2

Now please tell us which Android versions that does not collect raided buildings. Amuse us the other unfortunate Android users please Tadaaah.

Gen CheeBye
08-12-2014, 12:33 AM
HTC One, Android 4.2.2 stock phone. Collect all collects everything, to include raided buildings.

Personally, I wish it was not there. Makes me lazy and I forget that I wanted to reset certain buildings.

Now I'm so sick of it...I'm leaving all buildings raided.

mwtransfer
08-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Latest MW from Google play v4.2.7, Sony Xperia Z 4.4.2 and Nexus7 4.4.4. Collects everything, including raided buildings.

Admins, what test devices are YOU running? Even my droid emulators collect from raided buildings.

sstuutss
08-12-2014, 05:50 AM

You're joking right?

Gen CheeBye
08-12-2014, 06:27 AM
Apparently they're not using android devices.

Kiko Matsing
08-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Android collects and repairs raided buildings,

Gen CheeBye
08-12-2014, 05:05 PM
That's some great customer service standards from Gree!

The best in the gaming industry I must say!

Gen CheeBye
08-13-2014, 04:50 AM
Tadaaah. Where's your answer to our questions?

We've given you more than enough time to come up with one.

Fergus14
08-13-2014, 05:03 AM
Simple solution have a toggle on/off collect all button in the options menu and ignore the hatas.

Gen CheeBye
08-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Simple solution have a toggle on/off collect all button in the options menu and ignore the hatas.

If only gree was half as smart.

Btw, people don't hate without valid reasons. Especially when it comes to gree.

sstuutss
08-13-2014, 06:43 AM

gree hasnt even worked out what the collect all does

Kefa
08-13-2014, 07:22 AM

Sorry, Tadaaah, but that's not correct. It may be the intent according to the coders, but in the real world it doesn't work consistently. The problem, though, doesn't appear to be with the button but with the display of raided buildings. I'll see in my news feed that someone raided my buildings, but the buildings almost never show as raided, which allows the collect all button to seem to collect them. Then sometimes hours later, sometimes many hours, suddenly the building appears as raided and money is deducted from my vault. Other times it never shows me which buildings were raided.

bluristhurr
08-13-2014, 08:09 AM
I haven't had but one problem on Android when I finally got my collect all button some 2 or 3 weeks later and it dealt with my 12's getting raided but at the time I collected there was no indication of it. I got the idea if you leave your app open all the time running in the background I'd bet when you get raided and collect all with out syncing up on the server before you collect it.