PDA

View Full Version : Should a free event be included in MW

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 07:27 AM
Would you like to see a free event included into modern war.

Feel free to comment which way and how often you think would be appropriate and if you feel like it add why.

***^^^ sorry guys! should be "no, its a free to download pay to play game only and should remain as it is^^^*** ~ dont know how to edit the pole n can't be stuffed doing the thread over lol

Edit: where you play off against other factions. Seems people think I'm talking about events like raid boss and ltqs. This isn't the spirit i intended for the thread. A competitive free event. Faction vs faction.

BIGBOY
07-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Yes than we have a chance if getting good prizes as well

jchow69
07-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Having more free events would make the game more popular and encouraging.

BIGBOY
07-30-2014, 07:35 AM
But then you can see the real good players instead of gold good players

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Having more free events would make the game more popular and encouraging.

More?. What free events do we currently have?

Modern War Forum GF
07-30-2014, 07:38 AM
They have done so by handing out modifiers on normal finishes. You pay, you get extra...

Why would free player be able to finish a whole event?
It is bad enough with stats these days as it is!
Free players raiding some spending 1000s.

If you play free and find a good faction that allows you to freeplay into some nice units, good for you! but keep in mind who keeps this game alive.

Cuombajj
07-30-2014, 07:39 AM

All events are free currently. Air is also free to breathe, if you want to import air from Tibet mountains that's your problem :)

jchow69
07-30-2014, 07:42 AM

Technically, all events are free. If a person has high enough energy regen, they can even complete ltqs for free. If they have high stats and a decent health regen, they can finish epic boss. Heck, if a team of 60 works together, they can get top 250-150 for free. However, to get top 150 or higher and completing masters rb does require some gold and ither events as well if stats or energy/health regen is not sufficient.

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 07:44 AM
They have done so by handing out modifiers on normal finishes. You pay, you get extra...

Why would free player be able to finish a whole event?
It is bad enough with stats these days as it is!
Free players raiding some spending 1000s.

If you play free and find a good faction that allows you to freeplay into some nice units, good for you! but keep in mind who keeps this game alive.

Interesting thoughts, all valid.

I'm talking a faction event where gold is completely out of the question and xp isn't gained. I don't think free players can really touch gold spenders but yes moderate gold spenders can touch high spenders.

I'm also not saying remove gold. Just some strategy based events maybe once a quarter where you cant outspend to win. You must outplay and outsmart each other. Make it 10% of overall possible stats gain for the yr. top teams should in theory still posses the advantage. Why not just have 4 events a yr where its a playoff. A mini modern war World Series of who is the best. Not who is the richest.

*possibly an individual event but faction would cool

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 07:48 AM
All events are free currently. Air is also free to breathe, if you want to import air from Tibet mountains that's your problem :)

Name one faction event you can complete fully without reaching into your bank acc! Haha.

China wouldn't be too happy if I didn't go through them for this air. Hmmm

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 08:01 AM
I'll concede the point some events can be completed without gold like raid boss (tho I'm not too sure how many can complete master without gold lol).

I don't know if gree has given enough energy regens in the history of the game to complete LTQs n FLTQs with current generation energy requirements.

I'm talking about a free war or a new strategy event. Sorry for not being clearer in initial thread.

mickymacirl
07-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Interesting, current ruling in the Eu says that Free App's that include IAP purchases can no longer be listed as a Free App.

At the end of the day Gree are here to make money, I don't see a 'free' event happening.

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Interesting, current ruling in the Eu says that Free App's that include IAP purchases can no longer be listed as a Free App.

At the end of the day Gree are here to make money, I don't see a 'free' event happening.

It needs to be enforced otherwise the EU ruling is just lip service. Also doesn't apply to all countries.

I could see it actually making more money. There is a lil thing in this world known as the intangibles*. Things you just can't quite name or put a finger on but have an effect. For example you go to a store and the clerk smiles at you. You go back time and again. Didn't cost much outside of effort for the clerk to smile but you visit more often cause its a good place to be. You are in a store, so you spend. Gree would actually make money off throwing in free events. Obviously not directly but the fact people get a chance to go up against the best every now and again would add an edge to this game.

GrimAmoeba
07-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Name one faction event you can complete fully without reaching into your bank acc! Haha.

Current FLTQ can, we will as usual. Raid boss, epic boss. Anymore you need to know about?

steelhead
07-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Some pay with real money and some pay with their time. Know enough people on both sides. With some it almost seems they're 24 hours a day playing. Others are mia the entire wd and put their minimum required wdp in the last hours of a wd thanks to gold. Free events would kill these type of players. The ones mentioned as last.

786TRYX
07-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Why not! Something new that would be, lol...

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm not saying get rid of gold events, just throw in a few free ones per yr

Alexindahouss94
07-30-2014, 05:01 PM

Epic Boss, and Raid Boss (before the master faction portion)

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Current FLTQ can, we will as usual. Raid boss, epic boss. Anymore you need to know about?

Re read initial statement. Thank you for your helpful input

solowalker
07-30-2014, 05:09 PM
I like the idea of once in a while awarding a players time in the game over their gold spent in it.

Make it a full week event - endurance style.

Have the standard gold run events running along side it.

Maybe a remake of the ToF but no gold refill for 50 stamina?

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
^^^ if you made it a full wk I could see a few marriages being ended lol

Gerard Figallo
07-30-2014, 06:19 PM
I like the idea of once in a while awarding a players time in the game over their gold spent in it.

Make it a full week event - endurance style.

Have the standard gold run events running along side it.

Maybe a remake of the ToF but no gold refill for 50 stamina?

Please not a full week, some players commit themselves too events by sacrificing sleep

bam bam.
07-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Please not a full week, some players commit themselves too events by sacrificing sleep

Car accidents, stoves left on, children left at schools, imagine the chaos lol

rookstar
07-31-2014, 02:06 AM
Be good to have a free event but think its impossible to fit any more in :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pidgeot
07-31-2014, 04:29 AM
Yes. I would enjoy a free event that comes with a good game changing boost. Something to show "thanks" for all its players and the work they do. So far I can really say thanks for making epic boss more enjoyable.

What I would like to see are a few cycles where the events dont get any harder, so we can enjoy the stats we get for a while. Like every 3 cycles the events get harder.

Cameron997456
07-31-2014, 12:33 PM
I think the issue would be is if they actually listened and gave us a free event than all other gold events will cost even more making it just a waste to have one...Or... They would make it some extremely long event that would take like 3 days of actually playing the game to complete, so really getting a free event will not turn out for the better for anyone.

mxz
07-31-2014, 01:11 PM
They had a free event. It was great. Too many people complained so they changed it to a pay to win event. *shrugs*

You got what you asked for.

twelve twelve
08-01-2014, 05:33 AM
every event that gree throw out is a free event. How far you can play any event is dependant of your stats, health, energy, etc.

Gold if you want to go further in an event, which at the end of the day is a personal choice.

bam bam.
08-01-2014, 06:44 AM
I think the poll has spoken. Cheers guys. Appreciate all views. Keep it up

Paisthecoolest
08-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Do an ltq that is manageable during Full Assault, when Gree is making a lot of money elsewhere and no energy is being used. Do an ltq that is manageable on the world-domination weekends, when Gree is making a lot of money. Everyone is on and using their health, but no one is using energy.

WBS
08-01-2014, 10:07 AM
What about a 24 hour war where gold is not allowed. That would be quick and easy. No revenue lost on gree's part and the factions could see where they stand participation wise.

bam bam.
08-01-2014, 07:19 PM
What about a 24 hour war where gold is not allowed. That would be quick and easy. No revenue lost on gree's part and the factions could see where they stand participation wise.

Thumbs up to that 1. Id like a lil more strategy involved in a free event rather than who get get the most taps in a 24hr period in. Also the health regens that have been handed out to the top teams already would give them the edge in that one.

Auspex
08-01-2014, 08:58 PM
The poll was a bit simplistic but the idea of a free war where gold was dis-allowed would be great. Over the last couple years the strategy element has really been dropped so it's only gold to get anywhere and really it's not a good enough game to pay for.

A gold free war would let the children of top level factions have the weekend off instead of standing in for their MW addicted parents.

Do it for the Children Gree ^^

Don king
08-02-2014, 10:30 AM
We had a event that was pretty much free when we had FVF i think it was the best faction event they came up with and they took it away.You could spend 100-240 gold and place very high in the leaderboard or go free and still do very well if you had good regen. How about Gree bring FVF bacK ..

Drakhoan
08-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Yes their are a few events that can be completed without using gold. I have completed the collect 10 crate event and the 8/8 event that runs along with it several times, however there is no guarantee.

It seems the call is for an event that uses energy or stamina where gold cannot be used. Likely those that are willing to sacrifice their time/sleep for an event that they may not even be able to complete in the end would like something to show over those that are able to swoop in in the last minutes, drop gold and obtain victory.

Why shouldn't there be a reward for those that use their time/sleep vs the use of gold?

WBS
08-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Thumbs up to that 1. Id like a lil more strategy involved in a free event rather than who get get the most taps in a 24hr period in. Also the health regens that have been handed out to the top teams already would give them the edge in that one.

Agreed, It would be a stepping stone in the right direction. Yes health regen would be a huge advantage for the top teams as they have received many of them. They could make it a set regen time for all and just see who is most active? Not much strategy but a start.

jchow69
08-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Agreed, It would be a stepping stone in the right direction. Yes health regen would be a huge advantage for the top teams as they have received many of them. They could make it a set regen time for all and just see who is most active? Not much strategy but a start.

Yep, the P-91 Pounder, when r they gonna release another one like that in like an ltq or box event?