PDA

View Full Version : WD points need fixing

Mr Art0is
07-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Gree you really are having a laugh with the WD points that we have been getting during the last few wars? Instead of increasing points for the high level players you decided to stitch everyone else up with crappy points.

I'm consistently getting below 300 a hit, very rarely see a 300 and whatever happened to scoring over 400 on a single hit....

I think it's pretty obvious to most of us why you have done this, lower points means more gold to meet faction minimums and more money in your greedy pockets.

I normally spend 6-7 vaults per war but I won't be doing so again until you get your sh1t together

Fix the points

lap013
07-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Gree you really are having a laugh with the WD points that we have been getting during the last few wars? Instead of increasing points for the high level players you decided to stitch everyone else up with crappy points.

I'm consistently getting below 300 a hit, very rarely see a 300 and whatever happened to scoring over 400 on a single hit....

I think it's pretty obvious to most of us why you have done this, lower points means more gold to meet faction minimums and more money in your greedy pockets.

I normally spend 6-7 vaults per war but I won't be doing so again until you get your sh1t together

Fix the points
I aGREE with this. All other point systems advance other then the WDpts. I have tripled in stats since joining my faction WAR and am able to defeat more players but the WDpts remain the same 150-250. Please help us understand this inconsistency with a REAL answer.

Mw Adam
07-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Here is something else I don't understand. I hit a guy who is one level below me and I get 275 points. My mini hits the same guy who is 167 levels above my mini and my mini gets 265 points. Sigh.

Mr Art0is
07-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Come on gree you need to stop ignoring this issue and get it sorted, is it any wonder players are leaving in deoves

mwfighter
07-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Nothing wrong with the points. In fact I think its good. No longer is there a massive spread between L300 and <L300 on WD points. There still exists a gap but it has narrowed.

Also, if everyone is getting lower points that means everyone is equally affected, its deflation. Hence minimums get adjusted downwards. Similarly if they inflate points by 100% you think your team or other factions will keep minimums the same? Of course not, they'll adjust them upwards.

cdun13
07-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Nothing wrong with the points. In fact I think its good. No longer is there a massive spread between L300 and <L300 on WD points. There still exists a gap but it has narrowed.

Also, if everyone is getting lower points that means everyone is equally affected, its deflation. Hence minimums get adjusted downwards. Similarly if they inflate points by 100% you think your team or other factions will keep minimums the same? Of course not, they'll adjust them upwards.
Agreed^^ the points don't matter it's about how many you can score total. Everyone has the same opportunity. They told us months ago that minis would soon be useless. And now they are

Mr Art0is
07-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Agreed^^ the points don't matter it's about how many you can score total. Everyone has the same opportunity. They told us months ago that minis would soon be useless. And now they are

Typical answer from no doubt a couple of idiotic free players.

Read the OP carefully, I clearly stated there shouldn't be a disparity in WD points between the high level and low level accounts, all gree needed to do was increase the points for the high level accounts, exactly how it should of been from the beginning.

Instead every account is now subjected to sh1tty points, the only reason gree have decided to do it like this is because it makes them more money, plain and simple.

From my rough calculations so far

Health Regen - 32%

1 vault = 75k WD

2000 gold = 100k WD

Obviously this will vary from person to person depending on their regen time but to me personally this is now costing me an extra 500 gold per 100K WD.

As you can see gree are making a killing for ratcheting the points down.

So before you get smart with replies in future stop and think about.

mwfighter
07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Typical answer from no doubt a couple of idiotic free players.

Read the OP carefully, I clearly stated there shouldn't be a disparity in WD points between the high level and low level accounts, all gree needed to do was increase the points for the high level accounts, exactly how it should of been from the beginning.

Instead every account is now subjected to sh1tty points, the only reason gree have decided to do it like this is because it makes them more money, plain and simple.

From my rough calculations so far

Health Regen - 32%

1 vault = 75k WD

2000 gold = 100k WD

Obviously this will vary from person to person depending on their regen time but to me personally this is now costing me an extra 500 gold per 100K WD.

As you can see gree are making a killing for ratcheting the points down.

So before you get smart with replies in future stop and think about.

1. I'm a T25 player... so not a free player
2. You're the one who isn't making sense, not me. You haven't even address deflation properly.
3. Having higher level players getting 400 and keeping lower levels at 400 versus shifting lower levels to the same crappy points high levels have been getting for 2 years is the same thing in terms of the balance that was needed.
Previously High Levels had to do a lot more hits to meet "minimums" now everyone does, so that seems fair to me. WD point inflation has reduced since Gree has made this change.

Note: High rank players still don't get the same points but they tend to have faster regen, so total WD points still balance over the entire WD event.

4. WD minimums adjust based on WD rank tier desired and points obtainable by the average member with free hits. Since all teams are affected this isn't an issue.

Nothing you have mentioned is a problem nor should Gree address anything. Points are fine.

ScrewThis
07-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr Artois, complaining about the game's mechanics. Is this the same guy who regularly tells others not complain if they don't like how the game works, but to quit?

Now here we have Mr Self-Righteous complaining about the game mechanics? How ironic. How hypocritical. Why don't you take some of your own medicine, Village Idiot, and quit the game if you don't like it instead of complaining?

(http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96062-Notice-to-Gree-Technical-Support-from-a-paying-customer&p=1351667#post1351667)

Auspex
07-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Just to help put this in perspective 0 gold = 50K WD and for just over $100 you can score double that for a single event in a game that has events stacked on each other like firewood. This will, however, level you faster as you get xp from using gold to attack in WD. Leveling or gaining xp is punished by lowing your ability to score points in WD.

THE SOLUTION: Don't use gold on WD or Gree could fix it so you would actually want to.

I think they should switch the sliding scale and make it literally the opposite. The higher you are in level vs your opponent should give a higher WD point. This is a war game, make it so we want to beat the stuffing out of the little guy.

Right now people with high level and lower stats are just quitting the game.

Hondo
07-26-2014, 01:55 PM
It's the fluctuation that's driving me crazy. From the 100s to the 300s on the same player. Not all teams have lowered their minimum to reflect the changes in scoring making lower level players spend more to keep up. While it did balance the scoring another strategy has been taken away from the game. I've always enjoyed trying to maximize the value of my gold, but with each change Gree makes it's becoming much more difficult. If you're high level it's no big deal, but if you are low level it sucks. I don't think for a moment Gree did this to create balance. They did it for the same reason they make any changes. To increase profits which was Mr. Artois point in the first place.

JimmyThePick
07-26-2014, 02:26 PM
It's the fluctuation that's driving me crazy. From the 100s to the 300s on the same player. Not all teams have lowered their minimum to reflect the changes in scoring making lower level players spend more to keep up. While it did balance the scoring another strategy has been taken away from the game. I've always enjoyed trying to maximize the value of my gold, but with each change Gree makes it's becoming much more difficult. If you're high level it's no big deal, but if you are low level it sucks. I don't think for a moment Gree did this to create balance. They did it for the same reason they make any changes. To increase profits which was Mr. Artois point in the first place.

Hear, Hear! Excellent points Hondo. A little more consistency with the WD scoring Gree, please.

itsallgoingsouth
07-26-2014, 02:27 PM

Fix the points

Just do as most tend to do after a while, fix your spending at zero. You don't deserve getting fooled over and over again.

Best wishes!

Mr Art0is
07-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr Artois, complaining about the game's mechanics. Is this the same guy who regularly tells others not complain if they don't like how the game works, but to quit?

Now here we have Mr Self-Righteous complaining about the game mechanics? How ironic. How hypocritical. Why don't you take some of your own medicine, Village Idiot, and quit the game if you don't like it instead of complaining?

(http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?96062-Notice-to-Gree-Technical-Support-from-a-paying-customer&p=1351667#post1351667)

There's a big difference from starting a thread with a valid complaint as opposed to multiple threads with frivolous moans.

What happened to you quitting? Or was that yet another cry for attention on the forum?

ScrewThis
07-26-2014, 05:03 PM
There's a big difference from starting a thread with a valid complaint as opposed to multiple threads with frivolous moans.

What happened to you quitting? Or was that yet another cry for attention on the forum?

Oh, so only you have valid complaints, the rest if us are moaning? You're an idiot and self-righteous loudmouth. If you don't like the game, quit like I did and stop feeding Gree. But don't come here with your holier-than-thou attitude and think you are the arbiter of who has valid complaints and who hasn't.

Auspex
07-27-2014, 01:19 AM
So to get this back on track...

What can we suggest to Gree to make it a more playable game (specifically about WD Point not the dozens of other issues).

I think Leveling up needs to have some sort of advantage to it rather then punishment. I will go so far as to say when the game stops being fun you can come raid my base til the lights are out cause I'll just stop playing. Make it fun for higher level players Gree or just watch them leave.

The initial idea behind WD was a low level player with high stats could rule it all. (these became easier to create so they nuked that option). Think about how lacking in fun it is to level up so you can score lower and lower scores, now everyone can feel the burn cause everyone scores crappy points.

If you could possibly plan it out ahead of release and maybe give higher level players some kind of edge to make it worth while it would sink to your bottom line. If you don't it'll just sink you.

Being a free player for more then a year I have watched my individual score (which varies little) rank me thousands higher every event. There are fewer and fewer top end players. Is the strategy just to let the game die off and start something else? If that is the case, I've made a good choice to play free and wait for the next game.

If not let us know. Make some decisions, plan ahead, hire beta testers, you had a great basic structure but it's like driving on 4 flat tires now.

cdun13
07-27-2014, 06:19 AM
I'm a t75 streak team so definately not gold free. Haven't been gold free in a long time but i know how the game works. They told us that soon minis wouldn't matter and now they don't. A level 12 could hit a level 260 and get the same points as a level 300 hitting a 12. There's nothing you can do about the point system so wait it out like everyone else. The game is slowly changing. It will be better

I am a cow!
07-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't know I hit a level 257 got 200~ then hit a level 154 (lower than me) and got 300 go figure... But it still seems to me overall you get better points from high level players

Auspex
07-27-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm a t75 streak team so definately not gold free. Haven't been gold free in a long time but i know how the game works. They told us that soon minis wouldn't matter and now they don't. A level 12 could hit a level 260 and get the same points as a level 300 hitting a 12. There's nothing you can do about the point system so wait it out like everyone else. The game is slowly changing. It will be better

As long as you (or in this case me) are not spending money on an undeveloped game, sitting and waiting for it to get better is fine.

To be honest, even as a free player, sitting and waiting to see what tomorrows program changes will be is not fun. Every game I have ever played defines their rules and sets out game play in advance of programming, programming is done prior to release and testing is also done. Gree has mixed it up a lot, first release then beta test and while people are paying and playing they change game mechanics. This is unheard of in any paid MMO.

Prior to making changes they are announced including reasoning behind game mechanic changes. At worst case, full descriptions of all changes made are included in release notes. Other companies believe customers are valuable and should be treated with respect as it is their money they choose to spend on the game.

A 'large and un-named company' released a new mmo in 2010, it was a complete flop with a user interface that barely worked. As this was not their first release they had over 1/2 million prepaid account that started quitting in droves. They credited everyone back. a 1/2 million people. They made their game free for almost 2 years while they re-wrote it. They posted a full flowchart for their plans 2 years in advance and turned their flop into one of the biggest successes in current MMOs.

Gree is mostly successful as they are going after an audience that doesn't normally play games but have picked up a cell phone game for casual fun. Most players in MW have little or no comparable experience to gauge their performance as a gaming company.

sawnoff69
07-27-2014, 04:59 PM
i know many lower lvl accounts with same health regen as higher lvl. i have two accounts one lvl 300 57% other is lvl 150 56% health. wd points need to be changed for lvl 300 guys , its not fair that lvl 300 get **** points no matter who they hit . my lvl 150 can fight for free and get 50k my lvl 300 would need gold to get near that . so i cant c why a account or player who has spent so much already cant get good wd points. gree r forcing lvl 300 into retirement.

G level 87
07-27-2014, 06:56 PM

Fix the points

You spend 6 to 7 vaults a war!?!?!? My girl is selling virtual Girl Scout cookies. Do you want $1,000 worth?

Blest@iBOB!.mw
07-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Brother!!!

Mr Art0is
07-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Brother!!!

What's up blest.

Just trying to get these numpties to wise up :rolleyes:

DK-DarkKnight
07-28-2014, 01:31 PM
What's up blest.

Just trying to get these numpties to wise up :rolleyes: