PDA

View Full Version : Gold Survey! ALL please answer!

TaxCollector
07-25-2014, 08:12 AM
I know this has been mentioned before but I am doing it again!
Just a simple yes or no answer from as many people as poss!

Is Purchasing gold good value for money?

I think NO!
Gree charges nearly a days wage for the average person for 1 vault of gold , then to top that off you need more than one to complete and get rewards😁

jchow69
07-25-2014, 08:37 AM
Gold is never worth it, not even during the 40% off sales. For it to be worth it, we need 5-6 vaults of gold for the value of one vault under a 40% sale.

DavidtheBoo
07-25-2014, 09:11 AM
100% vote for no.... Lol

Mastert55!
07-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Is monopoly money a good value for USD. No. And neither is gree bucks.

jchow69
07-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Is monopoly money a good value for USD. No. And neither is gree bucks.

lol. well said, comparing gree gold with monopoly money, theyre imaginary money bought with real cash

Sticker
07-25-2014, 09:42 AM
lol sad but true

TaxCollector
07-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Bump back to the top

Pidgeot
07-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Is a vault of gold was 15000 gold, then yes.

Zebra25
07-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Depends on how important you think what you need it for really is to you. I can think of a hundered reasons not to buy gold. But for some people in War of Nation's it is a status symbol for them. It's like" LOOK WHAT I CAN DO"! I ain't with that school of thought. I can have just as much fun playing Magic as this. And I don't have to worry about an update messing up my game. Or loosing my deck. I understand GREE has a tech support issue when it comes to fixing these bugs. I say Call an Exterminator if you have a bug problem. Do some Fumigation and fix whats wrong. Buy gold? Not me. Not now. Or ever. Zebra25, Over and Out!

Aggressor
07-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Do you actually get anything for your money when you buy gold, or gems, or whatever token these games have to get "special" items or abilities? No! Clearly there's no value for your money here. The developers of these games suck people in to buying gold/gems/etc. by making them feel that it's justified, or necessary to enjoy the game. After all, we play these games to get a feeling of satisfaction and self worth through digital achievement. In the end, once you realize you're the one being played, you can either quit playing, or stop spending real money and just enjoy what these games really offer in the way of fun, that is, the fun of teamwork and camaraderie that we enjoy by being part of a team. As long as you're not on a team that's brainwashed into thinking they can't enjoy the game without being high ranked, like so many are. Break the cycle! Imagine how the game could be if nobody used gold! (I know, it would not exist, since the company would not support a game that produced no income) There's always going to be someone or some group that will use gold to get ahead, then another that will use a little more to beat them and so on. It's the way these games are designed, to pit us against each other with the result being huge profits for the developers.

In the end it's a personal choice to buy gold or not. Personally I feel that there's no value in it for me... 💩

TaxCollector
07-26-2014, 06:43 AM
You need a number of vaults to complete events and get the decent stats boosts.
Cost well into the 100 pounds or dollars which in my opinion is totally unreasonable!

Does gree not understand - that by raising the amount of gold you get per purchase, ALOT more people will purchase gold more often to complete events?!

Greg76
07-26-2014, 10:04 AM
No its horrible, gree has way overpriced their gold. I play other games that $20 is enough to finish an event. Gree hates its players.

Mr Art0is
07-26-2014, 11:43 AM
I know this has been mentioned before but I am doing it again!
Just a simple yes or no answer from as many people as poss!

Is Purchasing gold good value for money?

I think NO!
Gree charges nearly a days wage for the average person for 1 vault of gold , then to top that off you need more than one to complete and get rewards😁

You need to get a better job then my friend.

Zebra25
07-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Tax Collected;

Voted NO on survey! But I am more worried about the update package that has me and a bunch of other War of Nation's players locked out. Can't re-install let alone log on! Who do you go to when no one seems to care at GREE?

Auspex
07-26-2014, 12:34 PM
I Laughed when I saw you could buy gold and how much the charged for it.

If you look at any 'Real' online game a vault of gold costs about the same as 1 year of subscription maybe 8 months... here it represents 15 minutes of rage inspired button tapping.

If you compare it to how much I pay for X number of hours of entertainment it might work out to renting a houseboat for a weekend or going snowboarding for 3 days. But how can you compare tapping on your cell phone to actually doing something. Compared to other MMO's Gree's price is not twice as high it's more like 100X as high.

You get what you pay for?

jchow69
07-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Tax Collected;

Voted NO on survey! But I am more worried about the update package that has me and a bunch of other War of Nation's players locked out. Can't re-install let alone log on! Who do you go to when no one seems to care at GREE?

If no one cares, I guess quitting is an option that most take. Or playing free, dont feed them the cash that they dont deserve.

cdun13
07-26-2014, 12:37 PM
I personally think we should get more gold for our money or Atleast higher sales more often. $100 usd for 1500 gold is a joke I can go through that in 1 war. And war time should be the highest sale time Atleast 50% off. You expect us to use 5-6 vaults for 1500 wins for a unit that's normally great(not this war) but that's an $480 unit minimum. Come on gree how about some 60% off sales. That would persuade me to but a lot of gold as well as others I know.

TylerRocksWisconsin
07-26-2014, 01:30 PM
yeah, the gold is insanely ridiculously WAY too much. What was that one unit you could get for 4500 gold? lmao! $300 right there. Lemme check my couch cushions for some change. Might have to go out and rob a bank or two :p

WBS
07-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Gold is way overpriced, modern war is not a game where the top players or factions are better or more strategic, it only depends on how deep your pockets are. If they want to be on top then maybe the gold at gree is a good value.

damcv62
07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Nope. Unless you get it for free.

Juggernaut
07-26-2014, 10:25 PM
No way!!
It is 6200 bucks for me. More than a week's salary for average income person!!

jomama
07-27-2014, 06:59 PM
The value of this fake gold is determined by the players. Gree does not set it themselves. It is as arbitrary as monopoly money. Only when the masses spend the money for it and inflate the stats does it then determine the value. If no one bought as much then gold would have more value. Understand?

Miss Soprano
07-28-2014, 02:17 AM
F%$@ no!!!!

bam bam.
07-28-2014, 02:42 AM
The 2 yes's. Forum mods or trolls lol

I am a cow!
07-28-2014, 03:03 AM
I voted no... I didnt troll this one

Ozymandias
07-28-2014, 03:32 AM
I personally think we should get more gold for our money or Atleast higher sales more often. $100 usd for 1500 gold is a joke I can go through that in 1 war. And war time should be the highest sale time Atleast 50% off. You expect us to use 5-6 vaults for 1500 wins for a unit that's normally great(not this war) but that's an $480 unit minimum. Come on gree how about some 60% off sales. That would persuade me to but a lot of gold as well as others I know.

Think yourself lucky you get any money off at all during war... normal pricing strategy would have you discounting gold during times of low demand, not high.

jomama
07-28-2014, 04:12 AM
F%$@ no!!!!

I should cater to my audience.

Since fools buy 100s of vaults, your truck of gold don't amount to squat. If your were the only one to buy 1 vault, your gold would rule? Now you understand?

eddie_
07-28-2014, 04:54 AM
Don't compare it.. Buying units with gold is overpriced, but for events gold is useful. When a bit of money gives you more fun playing, why wouldn't you spend some money on gold.
Just pick the events that give most money for the buck you decide to spend.

Saying you should get more gold for money spent is crap. It's like saying you like the new units because it made you so much stronger... Because did it? Everyone got stronger. More gold for your money means everyone gets stronger/finished events... So the targets get harder... And we're back at were we started, but with a heavy inflation.

So, increasing (or decreasing) the amount of gold for the money spent doesn't have any effect eventually.

Snatcher
07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
And still no answers or statments from greeeeeeeeeee.......

VileDoom
07-28-2014, 12:40 PM
All these NO's yet you still buy. Lolololol

TaxCollector
07-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Would a gree mod or staff like to comment on these results so far???

NexusImperium
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Gree is in a hard place on this one. Gree isn't neccessarily directly responsible for the players not getting a lot of value for their money. But they're certainly responsible for contributing to the problem and exacerbating it.

The problem is that they've bent over backward trying to max out the players in the top 100 factions. And by "max out" I mean find that sweet spot where money flows in the fastest. The problem is that the top 100 factions are spending money like nobody's business and it leaves the rest of us high and dry because the standards are so high.

And the only answer would be for people to stop spending money on this game until things normalize. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Elmoloks
07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
I dont buy gold anymore since their no point

lemonhaze
07-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Gold is way overpriced, modern war is not a game where the top players or factions are better or more strategic, it only depends on how deep your pockets are. If they want to be on top then maybe the gold at gree is a good value.

and even them on top with all those gold bars still get raided by top 100 nowdays so it makes no sense to contiune to blow loads when ur not even getting ahead of the ones that play for free