PDA

View Full Version : android update

polly
07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I remember seeing a thread while ago about androids new update not supporting cc.

I'm afraid to do an update until this is resolved but can't find any posts about it being fixed.

Does anyone know about this?

James_Slade
07-24-2014, 06:24 PM
I'd be curious to know the answer as well.

~Slade
We are TSF, syndicate 294728385, Top 500 team seeks active players,

Simon.
07-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Do you mean Android 5.0? or latest KitKat release? My Nexus 7 and S5 are fully up to date - neither is rooted though, and apart from the game crashing if I collect from my hood too fast, no issues, barely even lag during RB events.

If you're referring to Android 5 or 4.5 or Lollipop or whatever you want to call it, it's still pretty much in Beta (though you can install it on a rooted Android and half your apps wont work) and they've only released a limited SDK for Nexus 5 & 7 developers back in late June - so no, CC wouldn't be supported at this stage for the new unreleased Android. FYI, they haven't even set a release date as yet but it will coincide with the new Google Nexus devices, they will be the only devices on the market with the new Android 5.0 in a retail package, I imagine for market share purposes - the rest will catch-up pretty quick (though I imagine Samsung will be 6 months behind like usual and their devices will be outdated before they hit the shelves). A good reason not to rush out and get the new Nexus right away