PDA

View Full Version : Question for long time / high level players

Morgz
07-24-2014, 08:57 AM
This is really for the people over level 240, but anyone chime in.

Do you play the LTQ's now? What about Map jobs? I'm sure since you are already high level, you probably played a lot of the map jobs earlier on in the game. And now, most of you probably have mini's that have never touched a map job or LTQ. But with your original account, now at level 250 (or close), do you care about avoiding XP like lower level players are supposed to do?

Dipstik
07-24-2014, 09:07 AM
EXP is meaningless at level 250. We don't avoid it.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 09:10 AM
That's kind of what I figured...as messed up as that is. I just wonder if they ever do get around to adding level's 251-?, will the XP hurt retroactively? No way to know, I guess. But it may be nice to be able to finish each individual map 5X for the extra energy points.

Dipstik
07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
This has happened before. The cap used to be level 200. No, the EXP doesn't get added retroactively.

Da Don
07-24-2014, 10:21 AM
I'd love to be a lvl 250 and be able to do LTQ's, and just rob an attack people without having to worry about EXP... Too bad it comes with a price of not being able to finish EB, or being valuable in war...

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Yep, L250s won't gain any XP until GREE ups the max level to 300 which I hope is VERY soon.

At L250, there is no reason to sit on full bars, and I like to tap my devices all day anyway. I've been leveling maps for the Uzi's & the L5 skill point; I PvP for bricks. Basically, my L250 accts are syndicate mules.

At least war IPs aren't too bad for the L250s, imho, but they are unfortunately targeted more than any other level.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I also assume most of the really long time players are in top 100 or higher syndicates which supports Da Don's point about being valuable in war.

The EB thing just crazy. If Gree are going to do tiered difficulty levels, they should at least marginally base the tiers on attack stats, not solely player level -- since level has become irrelevant to stats.

I started this thread because I wonder what a waste all the map jobs seem to be at this point. The only people I know that play them are either new people that havn't yet learned the down side of playing them, or people that just don't care anymore or aren't in a syndicate. It's probably almost the same, maybe to lesser degree, regarding the LTQ's. Those may get a little more action due to being special and having better rewards than map jobs, but still I bet they get less and play, statistically speaking.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 10:53 AM
If they still haven't raised the level beyond 250 by the time I get there, I'm certain it won't be long before I lose interest

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 12:06 PM
I also assume most of the really long time players are in top 100 or higher syndicates which supports Da Don's point about being valuable in war.

The EB thing just crazy. If Gree are going to do tiered difficulty levels, they should at least marginally base the tiers on attack stats, not solely player level -- since level has become irrelevant to stats.

I'm not so sure about that assumption... I started in a Top10 for the first 3 wars, was around L170-ish. Currently, I'm in a Top200+ syndicate because I don't want to spend the gold for pixels like that anymore.

I've recently turned L250 with 2 of my accts since being in a lower ranking syn, lower than Top 100... been playing both accts actively since CC began. There are plenty of L250s in the lower ranking syndicates and on my RL for me to target.

I'd love to be a lvl 250 and be able to do LTQ's, and just rob an attack people without having to worry about EXP... Too bad it comes with a price of not being able to finish EB, or being valuable in war...

well... anybody at L250 can finish the EB, but I choose not to spend the gold for it. I'm sure there are plenty who can finish without gold, but my accts are not strong enough, yet.

The EB has changed thru the years. Actually, the L250 Tier is more like how the EBs used to be for all tiers: challenging! Now, the EB is more of a simple time challenge: if you can spend the time summoning and killing 100, yay!

On a sidenote, I don't think campers belong in active syndicates.
I don't think it is right to let syn mates do the SLTQs for players who are afraid of a little XP gain. XP can't be avoided during SLTQs or RBs since XP is part of the rewards for finishing those goals.
Imho, campers belong in camping syndicates unless they have an active acct to support the camper acct in the syn. Fine to avoid the iLTQ XP, but if you really like your syn, do the SLTQs!

And, I think I'm still valuable in war even at L250.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Yeah the way I look at it, the other syndicate has to attack someone in war. And with chat groups trading intel and keeping stats on each other, you are bound to get hit if you are a higher number with an attack able def stat. I'm in a top 150 synd, and most of the streaks in wars are really just unrealistic coupled with the way we are matched up. That all being said, it doesn't matter if you are a big target -- as long as you get points for your synd, that's all that matters in the end. I realize it's all different if you are going for streaks, but I just don't see how that is possible in the top 200.

I made that assumption (about long time level 250's mostly being in top 100 syndicates) based on what I believe to be the opposite is also true: Lower level, newer players (non campers) in my estimation do not have a place in top 100 (well, maybe top 50) syndicates, as they probably don't have targets that they can hit. Unless you are a long time camper with stats on steroids, or a heavy gold user, that is. Anyway, maybe both assumptions are wrong.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 12:39 PM
On a sidenote, I don't think campers belong in active syndicates.
I don't think it is right to let syn mates do the SLTQs for players who are afraid of a little XP gain. XP can't be avoided during SLTQs or RBs since XP is part of the rewards for finishing those goals.
Imho, campers belong in camping syndicates unless they have an active acct to support the camper acct in the syn. Fine to avoid the iLTQ XP, but if you really like your syn, do the SLTQs!

This is so true! But is there any way Gree could even make that happen? I guess they could make goal requirements for SLTQ's such that each player has to achieve X amount of points to get the rewards and modifiers.

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Yeah, Morgz, they could code for syn goal-reward requirements, but I think they leave it up to the syndicates to manage themselves.

BTW, my syndicate was awesome during the last SLTQ! The teamwork was amazing! For a lite-gold, 200+ rank syndicate, we pushed thru 11/15 Elite! I think most of us focused on the SLTQ and passed up the iLTQ. WTG Lords! :)

You're right about LLPs being in top syndicates. Those LLPs are usually mini 2nd accts of main members and hit walls to avoid XP. Since XP for PvP attacks is huge, I think most of the Top 10 players & Top50 War LB winners are L250 or very high level from attacking so many during war. Fastest way to level up is doing PvP.

Max Power
07-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Started playing just shy of 3 years ago, am near level 250, and care not a whit about XP. It's pretty meaningless up here. Used to be in an actice syndicate, decided I was going to spend no more money, so I moved to a camping syndicate, where one of the leaders after a while asked me to leave for being not active enough (!) so I formed my own syndicate.

For me, the game has become building my hood and income, and doing LTQs. I log in maybe 3 or 4 times a day. It is a pleasant, peaceful way to while away a few minutes.

Committing to not spending money, not have people half your age and IQ pretending they are your boss, and not being on a schedule, or caring what happens in the game is by far the most enjoyable way to play the game.

Evan1000
07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm lvl 104 and I still do map jobs. They may give me an insane amount of exp but the fast leveling up helps me with syndicate events and the extra skill point helps me with LTQ/SLTQ's

Ntggamer
07-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Evan with that IPH I bet you dont even have a nightclub

Diamonddavej05
07-27-2014, 09:05 AM
This is really for the people over level 240, but anyone chime in.

Do you play the LTQ's now? What about Map jobs? I'm sure since you are already high level, you probably played a lot of the map jobs earlier on in the game. And now, most of you probably have mini's that have never touched a map job or LTQ. But with your original account, now at level 250 (or close), do you care about avoiding XP like lower level players are supposed to do?

It does not matter for high lvl players what's 246 over 245 your still worth a lot of points to a lower lvl player that can beat you

Vile Lynn
07-27-2014, 10:51 AM
My L250s get pretty good points on players lower than me... which is great! But, there is usually a weaker L250 in the rival syn to hit so I usually don't have to hit rivals lower than my level.

HLPs don't have that big of a disadvantage for points during war, imho... depends on the HLP's stats and their syn rank and what kind of matches their syn gets during war.