PDA

View Full Version : So long to previews of upcoming LTQs, LTBs, walk throughs, etc.

Dixie_Boy
07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
According to the newly posted code of conduct:

Illegal Activity:
o Threads or posts discussing unreleased content/hacked data files or any data not available during regular gameplay

So according to that if you post a walk through (even speculative) before you could have achieved that goal during gameplay you are now in violation and at risk of being banned.

Way to go!!!! Let's prevent the really useful guys from helping others plan for events.

1GaDawg85
07-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Way to screw the players Gree

hubsy
07-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Why gree? Why?

richie1105
07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Well I for absolute certain will not jump in to any event walking blind, **** that, the swearing was part of how serious I am about it to

DILL3NGER
07-24-2014, 09:34 AM
So exactly what will be the point in this forum?

For me you're reading too much into it. It states unreleased content. By their nature walkthroughs are posted when content is released so they're fair game IMO.

GrimAmoeba
07-24-2014, 09:43 AM
So exactly what will be the point in this forum?

For me you're reading too much into it. It states unreleased content. By their nature walkthroughs are posted when content is released so they're fair game IMO.

I agree, and nothing is done as far as walk throughs until NPC's hit the maps anyways (so that is released content and can consider that regular gameplay because anyone has the opportunity to hit these NPC's)

SimplyminiMW
07-24-2014, 09:46 AM
According to the newly posted code of conduct:

So according to that if you post a walk through (even speculative) before you could have achieved that goal during gameplay you are now in violation and at risk of being banned.

Way to go!!!! Let's prevent the really useful guys from helping others plan for events.

Speculative walkthroughs will be based off visible information released through the game. So that would be regular game play. They are pointing more at mw toolkit as a violation to the forum ToS.

Web323
07-24-2014, 09:47 AM
I agree, and nothing is done as far as walk throughs until NPC's hit the maps anyways (so that is released content and can consider that regular gameplay because anyone has the opportunity to hit these NPC's)

What he said.....

Tadaaah
07-24-2014, 10:29 AM
The player created walkthroughs are great. This pertains more to items such as a beta tester coming into the forums and posting details about an unreleased event or feature.

Dixie_Boy
07-24-2014, 11:09 AM
The player created walkthroughs are great. This pertains more to items such as a beta tester coming into the forums and posting details about an unreleased event or feature.

That is your present interpretation. But we could all get caught up by this:

This list maybe changed at any time without notice and is at the GREE staff’s full discretion.

I hope your interpretation/enforcement holds. <fingers crossed>

DILL3NGER
07-24-2014, 12:46 PM

Stop looking for drama where there is none.

Ajk
07-24-2014, 02:06 PM
I could be wrong but I believe that has always been in the tos. So no, they've allowed walkthroughs to be posted and continue to do so.

Major Elvis Newton
07-25-2014, 09:48 AM
I think you're getting hung up on standard legalese. I wouldn't read too much into that. Just boilerplate disclaimer crap

poochz
07-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I use the walkthroughs and read the threads on here a lot and GREE has issues for sure but stop looking to make up issues where there are none.

Auspex
07-25-2014, 05:42 PM

This would mean there are Beta Testers.... maybe you should make sure they haven't quit cause nothing appears to have ever been tested before release. Even the collect money button didn't work. Has anything worked on release?

New Beta testers would be an idea. I just have to laugh though there is no way on earth you have a beta program I don't think you even have an Alpha program.

Skelewu
07-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Beta tester dont come here and post stuff. You are soul mistaken about that fact. This game is already getting boring as it is let alone care about what is being posted in forum. They are there trying to see if any help can be done to make the game fun to play which this game is now lacking after numerous complaints to the consumer service we all know isn't the greatest.

The guys spending their gold to get NPC units, walk-through for other players should be given a rewards for their dedication to this game not ridiculed by the administrator with threats about possible ban of unreleased event which we all know is not possible. A lot of guys that spend btw $5k to $10k have already retired with more likely to come in the next 2 wars. Why keep spending money on a game where I have 4 billion attack and 1.8 billion def. The people are asking for alliance defense to at least balance the defense a bit. Instead more and more alliance attack is given with every prize. Then come war time, one get ****ty points between 171 to 256 points.

burris87
07-28-2014, 08:14 AM
that's a bunch of gree. Then you wonder why your ratings are dropping congrats on losing a few more people... that's the last straw for me. Done buying gold that supports your stupid dwcisions....

Way to go!!!! Let's prevent the really useful guys from helping others plan for events.[/QUOTE]

Jaded Fusion
07-28-2014, 08:44 AM
that's a bunch of gree. Then you wonder why your ratings are dropping congrats on losing a few more people ... that's the last straw for me. Done buying gold that supports your stupid dwcisions....

Way to go!!!! Let's prevent the really useful guys from helping others plan for events.[/QUOTE]

That is not what they are saying.
Over reacting people