PDA

View Full Version : Tadaaah, please address this long-standing issue with robbing

Fredfreddy
07-23-2014, 11:18 AM
I figure since there's a new Mod, it's worth re-reporting one of the oldest issues in this game that has yet to be resolved.

Tadaaah, there's an issue when you visit a rival's hood. On any building that has already been robbed twice, many times there is still the icon above it indicating that it is available to rob, and when you do rob it, you only get a few dollars, basically wasting your stamina.

Could you report this to the devs? Would be good to know if this is "just the way it is" or is actually fixable.

There's a forum member named Dubstik who has a pretty funny signature that illustrates the problem as well has every CC player's reaction to it, hopefully he'll post in this thread.

cooch
07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
It's been that way since Day 1 of game. Someone will probably explain the math as they did in forum a couple of years ago. It's just the way it is.

Tut
07-23-2014, 05:22 PM
Can only describe as a day 1 problem if you start day 1 when they released iph mods. The problem is game doesn't do decimals but the mods create them (like when you deposit your cash and still have 1-2 cash left). Unless they start rounding, can't fix.

You should look at the buildings before you rob if it is 12hr build and there are other 12hrs that aren't able to rob then boom move on you are going to get some dollar robs. Next.

Dipstik
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Or just not worry about it.

Benjibbks5
07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
What is the problem with having the game model closer to real life? Sometime you rob big money, sometimes you get pennies. At least this glitch gives poeple who got robbed millions every day something to laugh at. Compared to some other major issues, fixing this should be low in priority.

sister morphine
07-23-2014, 10:09 PM
What is the problem with having the game model closer to real life? Sometime you rob big money, sometimes you get pennies. At least this glitch gives poeple who got robbed millions every day something to laugh at. Compared to some other major issues, fixing this should be low in priority.
Agree with this. No fix needed.

And like Tut says, if the player has two of the same building - one showing the icon and the other not, it's a safe bet both have been robbed already.

Im Jahova
07-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Agree with this. No fix needed.

And like Tut says, if the player has two of the same building - one showing the icon and the other not, it's a safe bet both have been robbed already.

Yes, but it may still show the rob icon on both so you can't always count on that or you'll lose out on money.

Im Jahova
07-23-2014, 10:20 PM
I figure since there's a new Mod, it's worth re-reporting one of the oldest issues in this game that has yet to be resolved.

Tadaaah, there's an issue when you visit a rival's hood. On any building that has already been robbed twice, many times there is still the icon above it indicating that it is available to rob, and when you do rob it, you only get a few dollars, basically wasting your stamina.

Could you report this to the devs? Would be good to know if this is "just the way it is" or is actually fixable.

There's a forum member named Dubstik who has a pretty funny signature that illustrates the problem as well has every CC player's reaction to it, hopefully he'll post in this thread.

Gain more stamina. Problem Solved!

fan139
07-23-2014, 10:25 PM

sounds like a perfect concept yes its anoying but its part of the game, everyone gets their hopes up and boom a $2 smack in the face

Captain Torgue
07-24-2014, 01:21 AM
I love it when I check out my news feed and see someone has robbed me of an entire $2. I laugh at them and would appreciate it if Gree kept this feature.

sister morphine
07-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Yes, but it may still show the rob icon on both so you can't always count on that or you'll lose out on money.
You potentially lose a stamina point, that's all. I grow my own money - you should try it; it's great! Only time I robb or attack someone now is during epic boss. ;)

Dubstik
07-24-2014, 03:54 AM
You potentially lose a stamina point, that's all. I grow my own money - you should try it; it's great! Only time I robb or attack someone now is during epic boss. ;)

You also give whoever you're robbing a free link to your hood, that's what I dislike the most about it.

Nighteg
07-24-2014, 04:17 AM
There are more important things that need immediate attending, like lvl cap increase.

Monty31
07-24-2014, 05:22 AM
Basically, don't rob, its illegal, lol

Max Power
07-24-2014, 06:15 AM

Low priority = zero priority to me.

When you break into a jewelry store, do you know how much is in the safe? No. Same story here. I have negative zero sympathy for crybabies who can't have their robs handed to them on a platter. Make your own money.

Green Drake
07-24-2014, 06:20 AM
Low priority = zero priority to me.

When you break into a jewelry store, do you know how much is in the safe? No. Same story here. I have negative zero sympathy for crybabies who can't have their robs handed to them on a platter. Make your own money.

In a fantasy game predicated on crime, robbing is very much considered "making" your own money. Just because you don't subscribe to the concept doesn't make it a less viable option.

Max Power
07-24-2014, 06:29 AM
In a fantasy game predicated on crime, robbing is very much considered "making" your own money. Just because you don't subscribe to the concept doesn't make it a less viable option.

Sure, it is a viable option. What it isn't is a reason to whine that when stealing people's money, you didn't get as much as you hoped. One way to fix that.

Green Drake
07-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Sure, it is a viable option. What it isn't is a reason to whine that when stealing people's money, you didn't get as much as you hoped. One way to fix that.

Don't see any whining here. Not sure why you feel the need to construe it that way? There is a negative issue with the game and people are asking the company to address it on a public forum.

Dipstik
07-24-2014, 06:44 AM
"There is a negative issue with the game and people are asking the company to address it on a public forum."

AKA: "Whining"

Morgz
07-24-2014, 07:50 AM
I always thought this was a feature created by design. I love it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get burned. The gif in Dumbstick's sig is glorious. I enjoy chuckling at the thought of people wasting some stamina and gaining a little xp for robbing my already robbed buildings. Plus they get $1-$3 so no need to be mad :)

sister morphine
07-24-2014, 08:31 AM
You also give whoever you're robbing a free link to your hood, that's what I dislike the most about it.
Sure, but they've got to stand in line alongside the other leeches, lol.

Vile Lynn
07-24-2014, 08:45 AM
This is why I don't collect robbed buildings (sometimes) or have my hood synched... most of my news is full of links from $1-3 robs or they pass by a 24hr building since only 1 is up.

What's even funnier are the rivals that rob my 3hrs to cover up their $1 robbery.
("Ha Ha" -Nelson)

If I only get $1, rad! I hope they'll be on my news for revenge which usually gives me their collected time. I don't consider it wasting my stamina when I leave a link after getting a buck or two.

Some like it, some don't, but I like this "mysterious" part of CC which is different in MW & KA.
In KA & MW, the 3rd rob pays out twice as much the first two hits and rivals can tell how many times a building has been robbed. Play MW or KA is you don't like CC's code.
I hope they don't change it; it's not broken.

Morgz
07-24-2014, 09:04 AM
This is why I don't collect robbed buildings (sometimes) or have my hood synched... most of my news is full of links from $1-3 robs or they pass by a 24hr building since only 1 is up.

If I only get $1, rad! I hope they'll be on my news for revenge which usually gives me their collected time. I don't consider it wasting my stamina when I leave a link after getting a buck or two.

I hope they don't change it; it's not broken

Agree with all of this. It's just another facet of strategy in game.

Fredfreddy
07-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Kudos to Gree on this one then. Leave a bug in the game long enough and eventually everyone just accepts it, and some even justify it. Based on that precedent, I wish all Android users a Happy Raid Boss!

Mr. Mobster
07-26-2014, 07:40 PM
I actually like this feature, the only thing I hate is when I rob a L10 NC, I get 1$ and a bunch of XP

huff-n-puff
07-27-2014, 06:12 AM
As a serial robber, even I like this. I will tell you though, many don't have their buildings synced. Just because one is robbed doesn't mean the other is empty. I have 73 stamina and will keep adding for each level up. Btw, I also have a $9.5m IPH so I make my own money too! Too bad stamina refills are capped at 50, still a bargain though for 10 gold.

Diamonddavej05
07-27-2014, 07:45 AM

I think they do that on purpose

Green Drake
07-27-2014, 01:20 PM
As a serial robber, even I like this. I will tell you though, many don't have their buildings synced. Just because one is robbed doesn't mean the other is empty. I have 73 stamina and will keep adding for each level up. Btw, I also have a $9.5m IPH so I make my own money too! Too bad stamina refills are capped at 50, still a bargain though for 10 gold.

9.5m???? I hope you are low level.

huff-n-puff
07-27-2014, 04:44 PM
9.5m???? I hope you are low level.

You don't think $9.5m IPH is good? I'm happy to find hoods above $5m IPH to rob

t12pm
07-27-2014, 04:54 PM
You don't think $9.5m IPH is good? I'm happy to find hoods above $5m IPH to rob

It depends on your level, I am working on 30 mil and I see a lot higher than mine

Happyperson1
07-27-2014, 05:02 PM
It was not always like this. After two robberies the dollars icon would go away. It's a bug; it should be fixed. The game already takes up a lot of time with multiple types or wars, marathon Raid Boss, etc. Let's at least try to be a little efficient with a basic element of the game. I agree....please fix this.

huff-n-puff
07-27-2014, 07:41 PM
It depends on your level, I am working on 30 mil and I see a lot higher than mine

I'm level 157, started playing in January. I level fast because of the robbing but I do have 30m/27.5m stats. Not the strongest by far but definitely not the weakest. All three minis are 18m/18m and 2 level 85, 1 level 95. Only bosses and battles with them.

Max Power
07-28-2014, 10:02 AM
It was not always like this.

Yes it was. I statrted the first month released and it did it then.

Captain Torgue
07-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Yes it was. I statrted the first month released and it did it then.

Quit your whining and just play the game.

Max Power
07-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Quit your whining and just play the game.

Once again, Tongue opens his mouth and garbage falls out.

That wasn't whining.

Captain Torgue
07-30-2014, 01:37 AM
Once again, Tongue opens his mouth and garbage falls out.

That wasn't whining.

Torgue, not tongue and if it looks like whining, smells like whining and tastes like whining then it is whining.

t12pm
07-30-2014, 03:24 AM
Torgue, not tongue and if it looks like whining, smells like whining and tastes like whining then it is whining.

Obviously you have no reading comprehension, he was correcting someone else now maybe crawl back in your hole

Captain Torgue
07-30-2014, 04:25 AM
Obviously you have no reading comprehension, he was correcting someone else now maybe crawl back in your hole

Do you even lift bro?

Thatkidyouknow
07-30-2014, 05:08 AM

There isn't very good education in Tennessee but don't tell him I said that

Captain Torgue
07-30-2014, 06:36 AM
There isn't very good education in Tennessee but don't tell him I said that

I'm not from Tennessee but thanks for playing :)

Thatkidyouknow
07-30-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm not from Tennessee but thanks for playing :)

That's right! You live on the moon! There isn't very good education up there either...

unightmare
07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
There are other more pressing problems with this game then this robbing bug.

If they have to change something then please sort out the rivals list because I am fed up of loading my hood to find I've been robbed by someone with 6-7 million stats higher then mine and so I can't retaliate.
It should also be less about your level and more about you stats, even people with high levels have terrible stats and that applies to the epic boss as well.

and as regards to this bug I think it's funny how desperate people get that they waste there stamina filling my newsfeed with their greed for 1-2 or 3 dollars.

Better At Life Than You
07-30-2014, 04:27 PM
There are other more pressing problems with this game then this robbing bug.

If they have to change something then please sort out the rivals list because I am fed up of loading my hood to find I've been robbed by someone with 6-7 million stats higher then mine and so I can't retaliate.
It should also be less about your level and more about you stats, even people with high levels have terrible stats and that applies to the epic boss as well.

and as regards to this bug I think it's funny how desperate people get that they waste there stamina filling my newsfeed with their greed for 1-2 or 3 dollars.

Spread the news.

smokey77
07-31-2014, 01:18 AM
it always strikes me as odd when people complain about getting robbed in this game , its called crime city ffs :) i dont mind the occasional rob , what i dont like is the same person repeatedly robbing for weeks on end . but , as has been said before just use buildings you know you can collect on time , if you miss your collection time and get robbed just leave the buildings robbed and reset your collection time .

BrisingrBoss
07-31-2014, 01:41 AM
maybe gree could create a 48 hour lock after robbing someone. like after you spent like 20-30 stamina robbing someone you can only get back there after 48 hours since last stamina point. that would certainly help stop campers. maybe something to the extent of: once you start robbing you got 1 hour or 20-30 stamina to spend. after either that hour is up or your 30 stamina is up. you cannot rob that same player again within 48 hours. might even give some enough time for that player to get off your smart dial.

BrisingrBoss
07-31-2014, 01:43 AM
but then again that might require some advanced programming, and Gree programmers might not be up to the task, as proven by so many botched events and glitches

smokey77
07-31-2014, 02:00 AM
i liked the idea someone had a while back for being able to booby trap a building , if it gets hit the robber loses all stamina in one go . maybe put a limit on it that you`re allowed , one booby trap a day for example

Hedon
07-31-2014, 05:43 AM
As a long time player of this game, I will add my voice to those who think this should be fixed faster than later. Because it is very annoying, and the game is time consuming enough as it is. Having a decent IPH I don't rob much, but when I need to or just want to revenge myself, it's not only annoying, but an extra kick in the leg knowing that I just gave the robber a couple of free daypasses to my hood without getting anything in return. Being a high lvl player I have a lot of stamina so that is less of a concern. The game is built on robbing, if you want to make it harder than it already is please be a bit more creative. Speaking of which, it is too easy to find the same opponent over and over using the rivals list. Do something about that so we can get rid of those super stalkers.

This bug can - and should - be fixed!

Benjibbks5
07-31-2014, 06:02 AM
Or just open the rival list up to all players of all levels. In this way it will be very difficult and time consuming for a camper to find a target again and again every day.

Max Power
07-31-2014, 06:22 AM
As a long time player of this game, I will add my voice to those who think this should be fixed faster than later. Because it is very annoying, and the game is time consuming enough as it is. Having a decent IPH I don't rob much, but when I need to or just want to revenge myself, it's not only annoying, but an extra kick in the leg knowing that I just gave the robber a couple of free daypasses to my hood without getting anything in return. Being a high lvl player I have a lot of stamina so that is less of a concern. The game is built on robbing, if you want to make it harder than it already is please be a bit more creative. Speaking of which, it is too easy to find the same opponent over and over using the rivals list. Do something about that so we can get rid of those super stalkers.

This bug can - and should - be fixed!

Robbing should not be risk free. You know what the risks are, they haven't changed in three years, so any actions you take will be well informed ones. Nothing to fix here.

I kinda am with you on the rival list having the same names though. There is only one thing that really bugs me in this game and that is the same people coming back again and again for robs. I never rob so I leave no links, but I see some people 5 times a day (damn odd collection time buildings!) so I know I keep coming up on their list again and again. I wouldn't mind seeing that change.

t12pm
07-31-2014, 01:50 PM
Or just open the rival list up to all players of all levels. In this way it will be very difficult and time consuming for a camper to find a target again and again every day.

May be difficult to find the same people but then you would be subject to a lot more people let alone all the no income leaches at least now I see very few of these clowns

justice for all
07-31-2014, 03:24 PM

Just means u need to uninstall cc and download mw

Hedon
07-31-2014, 03:52 PM
Robbing should not be risk free. You know what the risks are, they haven't changed in three years, so any actions you take will be well informed ones. Nothing to fix here.

I kinda am with you on the rival list having the same names though. There is only one thing that really bugs me in this game and that is the same people coming back again and again for robs. I never rob so I leave no links, but I see some people 5 times a day (damn odd collection time buildings!) so I know I keep coming up on their list again and again. I wouldn't mind seeing that change.

Yes, I've had my fair share of these experiences myself. It's incredible how people find the time and energy to constantly come back. I wouldn't be surprised if they are on welfare and can set CC as their top 1 priority. I remember one player told me he was looking for me several times while he was at his father's funeral and complained about what an ass I was to not have anything for him to rob because he was bored.

Having collection times like every 12 or 24 hrs would help on the robbing but would probably mean less things to rob for all of us. Another thing Gree could do to help out out is to send push notifications every time something is ready to collect.

M15
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Another thing Gree could do to help out out is to send push notifications every time something is ready to collect.

When I started playing this feature existed. You could turn it on/off in the game settings. It used to be where the siren sound feature now is.

sister morphine
08-01-2014, 03:22 AM
When I started playing this feature existed. You could turn it on/off in the game settings. It used to be where the siren sound feature now is.
Trouble with that is the buildings are flagged up before you get it. In the meantime some leech could walk off with the goodies, lol.

Max Power
08-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Yes, I've had my fair share of these experiences myself. It's incredible how people find the time and energy to constantly come back. I wouldn't be surprised if they are on welfare and can set CC as their top 1 priority. I remember one player told me he was looking for me several times while he was at his father's funeral and complained about what an ass I was to not have anything for him to rob because he was bored.

Having collection times like every 12 or 24 hrs would help on the robbing but would probably mean less things to rob for all of us. Another thing Gree could do to help out out is to send push notifications every time something is ready to collect.

You can download a timer app to cover most regular collection cycles. The odd timed buildings are just a crapshoot.