PDA

View Full Version : Has the regular weekend war been replaced by the 24hr war?

ski2bbad
07-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that yet another fun event is either gone or on it's way out.

Apparently the regular weekend long war (which was on the schedule before) has been replaced by the 24hr war. I may be in the minority, but I simply hate the 24 hr war as it's basically another way to siphon gold. Should I be surprised? Perhaps not. The once great Funzio game is now simply a cash cow.

Should we remain optimistic for the long weekend battles or was this past war our last?

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 12:31 PM
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607995879890355501&pid=15.1&P=0

Da Don
07-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Should we remain optimistic for the long weekend battles or was this past war our last?

What do you think

ski2bbad
07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
What do you think

Only time will tell. However, if the 24hr War becomes the trend than CC will definitely have lost it's appeal to many veteran loyal fans.

Tadaaah
07-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't worry, we won't be getting rid of the longer WD anytime soon. We are trying new things and testing the waters for other events. Thanks for the feedback.

Vile Lynn
07-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Don't you have beta testers for this?

Tadaaah
07-22-2014, 02:14 PM

Yes, we do have a beta test program for new features. They provide feedback as well and changes are made accordingly. After the testing phase is complete, it is released to the public when ready.

Might not have understood exactly what you were asking...

kimberleyj
07-22-2014, 02:19 PM
so far ltq,sltq and epic boss was rubbish. can we have bosses that top 250 can beat?, it is not right how new players and those that don't play much get easyer bosses then the loyal members . better weapons for ltq?. alot of ltq weapons don't do anythink to your stats when i used to spend gold on the ltq nearly all the weapons was decent. after the last war i had moved from a top 750 team to a top 150 and yet my stats still haven't really climbed.

kimberleyj
07-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Yes, we do have a beta test program for new features. They provide feedback as well and changes are made accordingly. After the testing phase is complete, it is released to the public when ready.

It just seems like you don't use beta testers, when ever we have a new event it is filled with glitches , the raid boss still causes lag and error pop ups. these events should be glitch free before released to everyone. surely the beter testers would have reported these glitchs?. We have had loads of raid bosses and yet the event still hasn't been fixed

also how come gree never asked if we wanted a 24 hr war instead of 3 day and a half day war?. gree could have easy started a poll and did a pop up in the game asking and telling them to go on to cc forums if they want to do the poll, the people that pay to keep this company going should have a say when it comes to event changes (we understand health for bosses need to be changed every so often because of peoples attacks going up but you shouldn't base that on top 25 teams) .

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 02:42 PM
It just seems like you don't use beta testers, when ever we have a new event it is filled with glitches , the raid boss still causes lag and error pop ups. these events should be glitch free before released to everyone. surely the beter testers would have reported these glitchs?. We have had loads of raid bosses and yet the event still hasn't been fixed

also how come gree never asked if we wanted a 24 hr war instead of 3 day and a half day war?. gree could have easy started a poll and did a pop up in the game asking and telling them to go on to cc forums if they want to do the poll, the people that pay to keep this company going should have a say when it comes to event changes (we understand health for bosses need to be changed every so often because of peoples attacks going up but you shouldn't base that on top 25 teams) .

Players don't design games. Games are designed and released by game developers, and they succeed or fail in the market. Design by committee is a really bad idea. If you don't like it, don't play it.

SpongeBob
07-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...

Vile Lynn
07-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Don't worry, we won't be getting rid of the longer WD anytime soon. We are trying new things and testing the waters for other events. Thanks for the feedback.

I took your first post too literal when you said, "testing the waters."

My comment comes from the feeling that GREE releases stuff and we have to deal with bugs and glitches while an event is in progress... instead of having it thoroughly beta tested and then releasing it. Probably just a feeling.

I think the waters you're talking about testing out is how much the general community likes new in game content.
Heh, and you know we'll have plenty to say here :)

kimberleyj
07-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Players don't design games. Games are designed and released by game developers, and they succeed or fail in the market. Design by committee is a really bad idea. If you don't like it, don't play it.

i will play i will just keep my money in my pocket, how is it a bad idea asking the players what would get them to pay to play?. ( not attacking you , i just wondered why you think it is a bad idea).

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Because most of the players are idiots who have no idea what makes a game fun.

cooch
07-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Regular war was bumped off schedule so Gree could "time" the 3 day war to make sure we got one on Labor Day weekend. Figure next one is Aug 8th and after that Labor Day. Think they can only fit so many events on app schedule. Don't worry Gree is not eliminating Gold events.

Evan1000
07-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Because most of the players are idiots who have no idea what makes a game fun.

So my idea on a Student Government for Crime City and electing you as Pres was a not so great idea?

The_Don
07-22-2014, 04:03 PM
In regards to the Epic Boss at level 250, can we not set Boss health levels based on the top tier stats that are in the beta program?

Vile Lynn
07-22-2014, 04:04 PM
he wouldn't run if nominated or serve if elected, remember?

cooch
07-22-2014, 04:10 PM
So my idea on a Student Government for Crime City and electing you as Pres was a not so great idea?

You mean biggest troll in forum? President of Trolls of CC? Yep Dippy would be proud of that title. He wears that stuff with honor.

Can I get a horsy pic now from Dip?

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
You mean biggest troll in forum? President of Trolls of CC? Yep Dippy would be proud of that title. He wears that stuff with honor.

Can I get a horsy pic now from Dip?

I'm just a living legacy to the leader of the banned

SilentAssassin
07-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Don't worry, we won't be getting rid of the longer WD anytime soon.

Good to hear. But we all want to know one thing. Is the 73 hour hour war still one week after the mini war ? Or have you changed the dates ?

The schedule still does not reflect the date of the 73 hour war. We'd all like to know when the next 73 hour war is, just like we've been told in the past every cycle.

Dawg99
07-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Would love to know too...this is "Crook's Alley Crackdown" and the battle called "Crook's Alley Crackdown" is 24 hours this Friday/Saturday. No other battle is listed on the event calendar. So what is happening 8/1-8/4? Unless a new cycle of events will start 8/1...

Captain Torgue
07-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Good to hear. But we all want to know one thing. Is the 73 hour hour war still one week after the mini war ? Or have you changed the dates ?

The schedule still does not reflect the date of the 73 hour war. We'd all like to know when the next 73 hour war is, just like we've been told in the past every cycle.

Shut up Vlad!

James_Slade
07-24-2014, 06:33 PM
I'd guess that they are going to both.

~Slade
We are TSF, syndicate 294728385, Top 500 team seeks active players,